All Comments on 'For the Love of Pete'

by sr71plt

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
nomoretears00nomoretears00almost 14 years ago
Just lovely...

made me cry, made me smile, and made me think. Perfect story.

PennLadyPennLadyalmost 14 years ago
Sweet

Very sweet story. There's one part that's a bit confusing, as the names get a bit jumbled, but other than that, very nice.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Truly moving.

Love dogs and loved this sweet story. Very, very touching and well written. Thank You.

Mistress_CanadaMistress_Canadaalmost 14 years ago
You are...

...a writer of great skill. This is such a wonderful story. I know I've said this before, but you make your characters incredibly real.

You don't often do sentimental stories, but when you do (this one, your Mother's Day story), they are moving without feeling manipulative.

There were a few moments where you confused "Rick" and "Mike," which made things a little more difficult to read, but it a story like this was worth the effort.

Trudy_AntoneTrudy_Antonealmost 14 years ago
You made me cry

That's a good thing x

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Yep, tears here, too.

Might be the first time a Literotica story made me cry. Well, done. The only false note was when Rick said "like a dog" during the sex. That was just weird.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Killer Chocolate

Chocolate is lethal for dogs!

sr71pltsr71pltover 13 years agoAuthor
Fictional Dogs

Chocolate isn't lethal for the dogs in the story; they are fictional dogs. *smile*

Thanks for the correction, but you also sent this to me in an e-mail (not identifying yourself in either). Don't you think you're being a bit anal on this? The point doesn't have much to do with the storyline. And it didn't seem to bother the site editors, as they gave me a green E for story (or is that the real burr in your fur?).

If I write this hook into another story, I'll use some other form of confection. Until then, you might try lightening up a little. (Is that an anonymous carrier pigeon over my head appearing with another "Dog Killer" note from you?) *smile*

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
:-)

I laughed at the 'Killer Chocolate" comment.

Thought you might kill off one of Mike's dogs. Glad you didn't.

I agree with the other comment I have tears in my eye's too.

Think maybe there could be a part 2 to this story?

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

I just lost my dog, and I've been in deep denial about it. Not thinking about it, and whenever I do or someone brings it up I changed the subject. I just came to terms yesterday and this story, reading it today, along with a daylong cryfest, helped. Love this writer. Love this story. Major Props.

GreenleighGreenleighalmost 13 years ago
Teary Eyed

Damn. I was teary eyed and happy as all get out at the ending. Great job.

SydneyBlakeSydneyBlakealmost 13 years ago
Chocolate is not cyanide for dogs

If it were, my dog would be dead, because he got into the Easter chocolates and ate quite a bit. The chocolate didn't even make him sick, but the little foil wrappers didn't pass very comfortably.

Anyway, this was a lovely story and just what I was looking for after seeing that you write so much for the Gay Male category. I loved it. You've definitely become my favorite author on Lit.

Syd

TopBitchKTopBitchKalmost 13 years ago
REMEMBERING MY DOG

This story brought back memories of our collie that we had for 17 years. We had to have him put to sleep. My Dad, who I never saw touch Tuffy, dug what I thought was a grave that was so deep it was going to China, when ask why so deep, he stated he didn't want anything to dig him up. Like others I cried to this story. I have a picture of that old collie on my wall who looks down at me and in a way I fell he is still protecting me. :)

kuroukiphoenyxkuroukiphoenyxover 11 years ago
its official

Im up at four am resisting the need to cry. Thanks .....

ingaalleningaallenover 11 years ago

What a beautiful story. I love dogs, and this was very sweet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Another beautiful story....

Well written story. I love both Rick and Mike as characters. I'm glad that the building super was not the love interest in this story-- he was just too cruel and predatory of a person. I appreciated the idea of Rick adopting another adult dog. I adopt adult cats from my city's animal shelter. It's a kill shelter, so I prefer to give animals that do not have much of a chance of being adopted a place to live. The last cat I adopted was twelve to thirteen years old. He is still going strong at two years later.

DawnJDawnJabout 11 years ago
What a great story...

...on so many levels! Congratulations! You've done very well!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Chocolate?

Please do not feed dogs chocolate. It could kill them!

Beyond that, I've given you four stars because I LOVE dog stories.

sr71pltsr71pltover 9 years agoAuthor
No Real Dogs Died

The issue of feeding chocolate to dogs (even though I had a dog that loved it and lived long) has already been covered in the comments. But I did change it in the marketplace version.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersr71plt@sr71plt
Former SR71 pilot, currently professional writer and book editor; writes under name "habu" on other erotica sites. My erotica books can be found under the author name habu or Dirk Hessian (and coauthored books with Sabb under the names Shabbu or Stephen Kessel) at S...