All Comments on 'Forever Valentine'

by Smuttyandfun

Sort by:
  • 57 Comments
bigbob2406bigbob2406over 1 year ago

Beautiful story.Thank you very much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

An excellent little romance. You never disappoint. Thank you.

ender2k2kender2k2kover 1 year ago

Well done. Thank you

MyUserNameIsBetterMyUserNameIsBetterover 1 year ago

Love your work! Please keep writing and posting

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well crafted story! There were areas when I felt like I was standing in the cafe

Witnessing their verbal sparring. One of your best yet. Thank you!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Wonderful story!

5

nthusiasticnthusiasticover 1 year ago

I kept hoping his grandmother had left him a letter in the safe or a secret compartment hidden in the carvings of that beautiful bed, some sort of personal acknowledgment of their connection. Learning of the cafe’s business cards scattered throughout the house, with handwritten messages on the back, tied off that loose end leaving me satisfied. Thank you for sharing your talents with us. 🙏👏☺️

swfb70swfb70over 1 year ago

that was absolutely fabulous

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I’m sorry, but this story fell short on several counts. There was no real tension, no issue between them. The not-real brother and father didn’t provide that much drama. All of the money/property wealth that both had is an old theme, particularly when he went out and bought the van and stove. You listed this as a ‘mature’ story but the issue was only tangentially mentioned in passing and as such, it was more of a romance story. But as noted above, not much tension between them for it to have been a romance. You are too good of a writer to produce such a meandering little tale filled with the usual fluff, but I’m sure you’ll do well in the contest. You produced what the voters want.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Saw what you were trying to do, appreciated the effort, but ultimately fell flat. A bit like a Hallmark, turn-the-crank, once you've seen one, you've seen them all, story. Gets to a happy ending, has some scattered, occasionally witty dialogue, but in the end, nothing new, nothing particularly compelling, just a lot of sugar and a bit of sex. Kind of a 'meh' overall. Not your best work, to be sure.

BlissMaraBlissMaraover 1 year ago

"Slow burn", twisting and turning the plot all the way up to a boil! I enjoyed the exploration of each of the characters, and, as always, the evolution of the affair of the heart, its foibles, failings, and its blossoming. So enjoy everything you share with us! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wonderful, hope you write more like this one.

smc331smc331over 1 year ago

Five stars for the premise and overall delivery - needs a smidge of editing to tighten things up, though. With that, easily 7/5! 😉

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 1 year ago

Great story! Good luck in the contest I think this one will be hard to beat. Only loose end I can think of is what did Olivia do with her land after they got married? Not that it has anything to do with Valentines day.

Cheers

SAGE

topsectopsecover 1 year ago

Thoroughly enjoyable

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Simply superb.

Can be very successfully made into a Hollywood movie.

PickFictionPickFictionover 1 year ago

A great story, with lots of detail that add to the aura. Since my wife is a huge HGTV fan, and I thus get to watch, too, I enjoyed the information about the house and all the furnishings. I read the comments too, and I see some of yours match what I receive also. "I have a picture of what a romance story should be, and yours doesn't fit my image, therefore, your story is no good." Not every good romance involves conflict. Great job, and good luck in the contest.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 1 year ago

Really lovely tale with Mika’s revelation and the maternity clothes at the end being a great way to tie it all together. I glanced at the other comments and noted that someone compared it to a Hallmark movie, but I was thinking an old Disney movie with a fairy godmother, kindly souls, and maybe Gaston as Edward. Someone mentioned that there wasn’t much tension but that was primarily in the backstory with the carryover into the current day and plenty for a romance. Definitely 5* and a favorite in my book! Best wishes in the contest!

Hardrider56Hardrider56over 1 year ago

What a wonderful story. So very real feeling. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So well written. One of those stories you get engrossed in and can’t put down. Def Hallmark movie material.

OralinatorOralinatorover 1 year ago

Great storyline concept, and well written.

RoopsatyaRoopsatyaover 1 year ago

Rushed in parts especially ending. Good in concept.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 1 year ago

Congratulations on the Valentine's Day Contest win! Well deserved!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I’m confused why this story is in the mature section. Was Olivia’s age ever mentioned? The age difference didn’t seem to matter. It’s a great romance story.

DessertmanDessertmanover 1 year ago

Very moving love story, but spoilt by lack of editing. Too many missing words, particularly towards the end. Were you rushing to meet a deadline?

Your descriptive powers are very good, I loved the details of the old house.

MysticMysteryMysticMysteryover 1 year ago

Congrats, awesome story. Thanks for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A well crafted story, tastefully done. Clearly from prior comments, not everyone will find this to their liking, but then, they could have put it down and gone elsewhere at page two. This is the first of your stories that I have had the pleasure of reading, now I want to see what others you have published on this site. Don't allow the naysayers to nudge you in a direction that you don't want to go. Stay true to yourself and write in the style(s) that work best for you.

LingeringAfterthoughtLingeringAfterthoughtover 1 year ago

And here I was worried you got in too late to do as well as you should have! Congratulations!

rapperbsrapperbsover 1 year ago

Another one of your great stories! Thanks for writing!

Bronco56Bronco56over 1 year ago

Excellent romantic story. You did a fantastic job with it

5stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wonderful story, even with all the typo's.

BlueFox007BlueFox007over 1 year ago

Lovely. Five stars, easily. More, please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Truly beautiful story. 😍 10/10

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 1 year agoAuthor

What a pleasant surprise to wake up on Valentine's Day morning to discover that this story had come in second place in the contest.

Thanks to everyone who has read, enjoyed and voted for this. Your kind comments are also very much appreciated.

Someone asked about their age difference. Tanner does mention that he's forty years old, and imagines that Olivia is only in her early twenties, which gives him pause. Though, as they say, love conquers all, and they find a way to make it work.

Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day.

Cheers,

Smuttyandfun

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

outstanding, perfectly done and beyond erotic.

DaddysgirlflDaddysgirlflover 1 year ago

Nicely done! Congratulations!!

WillJackWillJackabout 1 year ago

I liked it, (very nicely written!) and got through four pages, but when they slept together as "friends" without so much as a french kiss, I gave up: Are we really supposed to believe that two sexy adults who are completely horny for each other would hold off this long without getting down to it? Last time I gave a girl rubies and diamonds, I couldn't stop her from jumping me on the spot! But I may be a cynic, and again, you write well, and I look forward to reading more of your work.

KittyLover80KittyLover80about 1 year ago

Exceptional - what a neat story! Brilliant group of characters and interesting plot. Thanks for writing this story.

RocketMan12RocketMan12about 1 year ago

The beginning was good. Then it became contrived. To many coincidences . Seems like everything was forced. I never got the feeling that this fit in the mature category

BabalooieBabalooieabout 1 year ago

WONDERFUL. But do something about your spelling and grammar. Five stars anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Loved it, a bit cheesy and over the top, but sweet. 5*

4certain4certainabout 1 year ago

Pleasant read, 5* despite some problems a good proofreading should eliminate. Congratulations on your second place finish.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A good read though I'd have liked a little more

Congratulations on your second place finish

SherlockBond0069SherlockBond0069about 1 year ago

Great story!!!!!!!! Right up there with some of my all time favorites.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Lovely great fantastic wow what a story it’s just great love it thanks

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Excellent story. Lots of love and a great ending.

Cal59Cal5911 months ago

First of yours I’ve read, looks like I’m off to do your back catalogue, thanks

UncertainTUncertainT10 months ago

Lovely story, thank you!

245624569 months ago

Wonderful story. Thank you!

joeoggijoeoggi8 months ago

Sweet. Nice story. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

A sweetheart of a story!!!

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

I love all your stories.. ya done well.

DenaliFXDenaliFX10 days ago

This is a fairytale for those of us banging through life with the best of intentions but not the best of results. A fairy grandmother par excellence! Although a grandmother is often there for many of us as we were therir love object, but no one quite as strahge, prescient but stubborn - or was that just the Mom? Love, family dynamics, and thank the Olivia's of the world.

Littlericky2020Littlericky20208 days ago

I’ve just spend a rainy day reading several of your Romantic/mature stories. You are very good and I loved everyone of them. Thank you for writing these stories and all your hard work and I appreciate you .

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSmuttyandfun@Smuttyandfun
'Off the Clock' my 2nd entry in the On The Job Challenge will be published on April 23rd, and I hope you'll enjoy this one, too! 'Caught in the Act' my On The Job Challenge entry will be published on April 20th. I hope you enjoy it! 'Lucky Charm' my April Fools' Contest en...