All Comments on 'Forgiveness'

by HLD

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
SlirpuffSlirpuffabout 12 years ago
very nice

The story was very nicely done, I enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Thanks so much!

Thanks you for bringing these old friends back. I have missed them and appreciate the opportunity to have caught up with them and their families. You remain one of the most engaging story tellers that I read read, in print or on the internet. Please bring these charecters back again soon!

ZKHANFLZKHANFLabout 12 years ago
not sure if I would be forgiving her

I don't think i would forgive the mother (Susan) if I was in the same position. I would tell my mom to get the eff out of here you beatch. You have cancer, well good, I guess that is God punishing you for abandoning your daughter and her family.

There is no way I could let anyone who abandons their own flesh and blood for that long no matter what the reason, come near my family but then I am just reacting to this story and thankfully didn't have to actually experience this.

Anyway i love your series HLD and I am assuming that this is finally the end of the series of this special and wonderful family (I Hope Not) - minus the evil mother/grandmother.

phil2213phil2213about 11 years ago
Complex relations with great results

Lifestyles people choose can be upsetting to parents especially good ones who put all their eggs in one basket. Losing touch fighting and saying mean things and missing out without contact is ridiculous

chytownchytownalmost 11 years ago
Well Written****

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
WOW; a lot of pain

What some people apparently don't get; is that Carl & Susan's "mistakes" cost them the most of everyone involved. Yes; they hurt Katie and their own families; then Leah & Melinda but there is no sense of making things any worse.

Susan wasn't back in Cloud 9 overnight, she ended up paying some humongous dues and was in fact out 13 years of their lives already. I was wondering if she'd be invited to move in with big family (or the guest house); what if she had died in 3 years? Since she lived so long obviously is was just a scare. As stated; she was part of the family for another couple of decades, so eventually they worked things out.

I was very surprised that there wasn't any real mention of Tom here; thought that he would've been included in regards to Carl; as well as Susan's cancer - it would most likely devastate him & this could have healed some of their wounds as well. While I wouldn't expect them to get back together, I would thought sympathy and support would've been normal.

When I saw "How do you mend a broken heart", my first thought was that Mimi & Geoff didn't make it; and that these 4 ended up spending more time with Mimi because in the previous series we were told that Mimi was involved in many more sessions in the future. While it was only stated that everyone wanted to continue with Geoff.

My 2nd thought was that Tom passed away; which would have hurt this family "a lot", and that Susan would've been brought back in - leading to the same interchange, plus showing her how badly she screwed up losing him, hence forgiveness.

My 3rd thought was about the unexplained attraction between Katie and Mimi; I was afraid that after another 6 months or so things fell apart, resulting in pain & forgiveness.

4th was that either Mimi & Geoff where exposed, or Geoff passed away.

SO; obviously I have an extremely active imagination, "so sue me" 8~)

I find it interesting (but I've seen it happen in real life) that Aubrey was so similar to Katie. I wondered how Aubrey's connection would play out; didn't she give Katie something before leaving the cemetery? While she wasn't part of their past; it just seemed that they all connected with her as friends. Luckily she is still young enough to meet someone else and have children if she so wishes.

Dangnabit; didn't get to see the Chevelle in action at the track!!

Thanks;

DKP

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Weird

Too many open ends..... and your readers / me, you convinced us WHAT ? ?

nice try I guess....1

bill....

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 9 years ago
Weirded indeed

I just couldn't get into this story.

JasonRTaylorJasonRTayloralmost 9 years ago
Comments and opinions

Everyone has one or the other, nobody but the author knows why they came out of a long silence only to 'tidy up' one of their main stories.

My guess is that they wrote this for themselves ...

All I know is that I am glad they are writing, it's very difficult sometimes, regardless of how prolific they had once been.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
crap

belongs in the slutty amoral feminist group. heres a simple tip , if you claim to be bi dont marry . guys dont share

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Absolutely barmy! Not a single person or sentiment that I could relate to. Most of it seemed to be a description of people disappearing up their own emotional rear-ends.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I must say I usually love your work, but I absolutely hated this story. Couldn’t finish it.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman8 months ago

Interesting. Never read about 3F and 1M and all those kids. Good idea to never identify which Mom had which kid(s). makes a True Family. Susan's touch with her possible death is a strong motivator to accept her daughter's lifestyle.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I read this through twice, looking for a reason to like, or at least vaguely understand a more or less well written piece. Except for some sloppy editing (everyone said their peace) it's journeyman work. At the end I was just as indifferent and vaguely annoyed as ever. Hope you find your audience.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHLD@HLD
2/12/22 All 10 parts of "Super Friends With Benefits" have now been posted. This has been an interesting story to write. I started this as a stroke story with a little bit of a new angle I haven’t written before, but then a love story broke out. Along the way, I chose to ...

SIMILAR Stories