All Comments on 'Free Pass'

by Cagivagurl

Sort by:
  • 339 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
2

Good but not your best.

appaloosa1453appaloosa1453over 3 years ago

twist ending, she didn't learn her lesson

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 3 years ago

I really don't understand the appeal of pathetically stupid stories likely as one with a incredibly stupid premise. There is no way to make this kind of sub genre of the loving wife story to work. I know everybody keeps trying to find a way to make this realistic but it simply doesn't work.

The only thing more pathetic we stupid then this idea is the one worthy husband voluntarily decides to get kind up or the wife drugs the husband and then ties him up and make see him watch her screw her lover or multiple lovers and then expects the marriage to be normal.

But in this case as in all of these cases with the free pass idea there is no reason why this could ever work no matter how hard you try to set up the promise. In this case of the husband and a wife have engaged in playful sexual banter for over a decade But then without any warning it suddenly becomes serious.

Even more ridiculous is the husband's reaction to the days leading up to the wife date with the other guy and how he never actually ends up confronting the wife and say you can't do this.

The husband is unbelievably weak shallow stupid and immature. Sure it's kind of expected that a college kid may act that way when they 1st started going out but at this point in the marriage his reaction to finding out that the wife actually works with the guy is way over the top and ridiculous.

The husband's out of control screaming and raging on the drive home is just Pitiful and childlike. He has no proof of any kind that the wife is seeing as other guy. He has reason to be suspicious and reason be upset but not to freak out like that . And there's certainly no reason for him to Stay away from home as long as he does.

ReadyOneReadyOneover 3 years ago
Two wrongs don't make a right.

Surely you could do something new. Bringing in Lenora is so formula!

Dez has an emotional affair that turned real, and stayed real after her night away. Even before she asked for the pass, how the heck didn't she realize she was cheating?!

When Blaine slammed the door in Stu's face, Dez should have known things weren't right.

Dez failing to clean up her mess when Hubby told her point blank he was upset just brought deep pain to all members of both families.

You're crazy postulating Lenora would prevent Dez & Blaine divorcing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Ambivalent

A story about weak, shallow, self important people who only think about their own gratification.

Young immature people possess the faintest whiff of plausible deniability that what they agreed to in the throes of passion couldn’t possibly backfire on them later! But After 20+ years, if you don’t understand your partner and the effects stepping out can have on your always fragile bond, you’ve never grown up. And neither really thought about their kids did they? Just about what she wanted or felt entitled to, what he felt was taken or how he was hurt. Neither considered their kids, the other couple, their kid, her boss, or the business that other families depended on? Shitting where you work, no?

And, Destiny thought it was fine that she had the pass and could use it but what of her lover’s wife? She wasn’t asked if she had a hall pass arrangement with Stu, now, was she?

Destiny, as written, is a just a miserable self indulgent grown up child. I’m not impressed with any of the characters.

I think your stories have really improved and are very interesting. Lots of texture, even the parts I don’t like.

~Enkidu

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
I know I know

The recon won't be popular but it was a very well written work of fiction, (apart from the excessive comma use early on). Thank you for your work.

PowersworderPowersworderover 3 years ago

Normally I'd say to just dump the cheating wife and move on, but the husband actually went along with the free pass nonsense. When her boyfriend turned up and the husband realised it wasn't just a joke, he could have put a stop to it immediately. He's at least partially to blame for not going ballistic when she tried to leave with Stu.

What I did like was the husband evening the score and making Dez suffer through the same torment when he used his own free pass. Making her truly understand how hurtful her actions were was the only way to get past this for both of them.

"Maybe, but still I feel it was my fault."

It was. Dez knew that Stu was married, but still fucked him anyway. She is just as responsible for hurting Angela and destroying their marriage.

IheartgayficIheartgayficover 3 years ago
Blaine is horrible....

This passive aggressive, judgmental, pussy of a guy can’t say no to a hall pass, and then because he can’t communicate clearly, emotionally terrorizes his wife, ruins another couple’s marriage, and then has the audacity to go and do the same thing. I hope Dez leaves him or at least starts to fck other people. Fck Blaine and the incel, no balls, small fcking person inside, guy he is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I think I read similar stories here already.

In case of LewdLuke it starts open marriage of some kind and it's a way to go.

If the husband isn't kinky (I would even say twisted) enough to like to know or even to see his wife getting fucked by other men, than I strongly believe the only way the marriage can survive is to have the same extramaterial fling for both partners.

By reading this story at first I was afraid it becomes a cuckold crap - sorry, I will never understand how a man can like to be a cuckold. Fortunately this wasn't the case and pretty soon I knew that this story ends either in divorce or a night with another woman for the husband.

Sorry for writing as Anonymous. I'm trying to activate my account since July 2019, but didn't get support from LIT, Manu or Laurel. If you want to help me create a Thread in the Tech-Support-Forum, contact me: infosauger@gmx.at

johnadpjohnadpover 3 years ago
Very Nice Story

I couldn't put it down, or in this case look away from the screen.

I like the balancing. Without the balancing I think what the wife did would have gnawed at him forever. Plus, she needed to feel his pain and why he felt as he did.

5 Stars

ju8streadingju8streadingover 3 years ago

goose and gander, lesson learned.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
I wasn’t sure where you were going with this

When Lenora appeared, I expected Blaine to be the typical morally superior LW husband and not fuck her. Then it turned into an even Steven thing, so Destiny could learn her lesson.

But Blaine had only himself to blame. Dez let him know, before they married, that the hall pass was there. Then, when she decided to use it, he didn’t try to stop her. This he thought she was joking part sounds like willful self delusion, a failure to muster the balls to tell her, “No.”

But the ending showed something I’ve said before: women are more practical about sex than men. It didn’t take Dez that long to get over it, not nearly as long as Blaine. Don’t know if that was the author’s intent, but it rang true. Stu’s wife divorcing him really didn’t ring true, not unless he was a serial predator, which wasn’t really indicated in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great read

Being a Kiwi from the Mainland I had a greater appreciation of the story. It took me back to my visits to Dunedin visiting my Uni friends in the 70’s. What a party city. I enjoy your writing.

BoytitsBoytitsover 3 years ago

There is nothing that’s totally free and love costs a lot, and this story shows that so well. It also got a 5 frame me. Keep up the great writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well I suppose,

It's well balanced.

That is if you like both partners to be stupid.

Well written though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Free passes are really a bad idea. They can seriously interfere with intimacy as seen here. This was a fine story but i felt like the husbands one off was an after thought to make things equal. I didn't mind a reconciliation really but their marriage will suffer and change. That's the sad thing. You can't ever get back what you had previously. It can be a solid and great marriage but the certainty takes a very long time to get back, if it ever does.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
nice

Well written.

I would have liked to see more work to justify keeping her.

A revenge affair never works but was an ok path.

Some of the wifes comments after her affair reeked of contempt which would give a guy pause and wasnt explored.

But overall well done 5 stars

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 3 years ago

4 1/2 good pages and a quicky reconciliation. 3*.

johnadpjohnadpover 3 years ago
Few Things Made Story Problematic

As I said in my prior comment I thought the story was really good. However, after I walked away I thought the way you put a few different things made the story problematic as it was.

The first one when Stu picks her up. I can buy the whole misunderstanding thing for the whole week where he thinks she is teasing him about fucking another man. He says in the story they have done that in the past. However, I think if you have Stu honk from the car, she leaves (without a change of clothes), the whole time he is still thinking she is playing a game, and at the last second as Stu pulls out of the driveway and the street light hits the passenger side and the MC sees Stu for the first time that he realizes it's actually a man driving. She has turned her phone off or forgotten it at home so he cannot get a hold of her.

Because otherwise, you made the husband seem like a complete dumbass. At that point it was obvious that it wasn't a game.

Along the same lines him offering very specific rules was unbelievable too. Why would he do that if he thought it was a game? But you needed those rules, because that's the only way she can break it by fucking someone she knows and is in regular contact with. So, you could have worked around that by her teasingly asking him what rules should there be. At that point he can still think it's part of the game and suggest some rules to keep the game going.

During the rules when he brings up discretion, both for the other guy to not be someone they knew and where they couldn't be seen, and she skipped over the part about it being someone they knew, and just talked about the hotel location I knew it would be someone, at least, she knew. But it was obvious she didn't want any fuck, she wanted that one fuck who had been seducing her.

And honestly that's the main fault I found with what she did. She gave him a whole week's time to back out. She even asked him Friday night if he was sure about this and he gave another ok. And the husband could have said "hell no" when Stu came to the door, but he just said that he was upset that Stu came to the house.

The part about her working with Stu was definitely problematic. However, I can sort of really bend things and let that go, because her husband gave every other ok. She's thinking well, I want this one guy and I know I can control myself to not do it again, and I'm not looking for a love affair. So, she justifies it to herself that it's ok; plus, she thinks the husband is taking some of the fun out of it by placing so many rules. I mean I'm definitely pushing it to give her a break. It's one thing if he was a client she saw once a month. But a guy she worked with was a huge problem and something that needed to be disclosed by her. But, again, the husband giving every other ok, and she is lusting this guy because he has seduced her, I can see it happening, and not fault her as much as I'm sure so many will.

I think him fucking a customer, who he may work with again in the future, and who Dez thinks wants him for a relationship, and who he could see on future projects, puts both of them in the same boat to trust one another, and I think they come out ok from it. It's also a balancing thing. He needed to not feel like a victim, and she needed to from his perspective, and really feel why he could be so jealous. He also saw things from her perspective that you can have great sex with someone else, but he wanted the relationship with his wife.

I don't care how nice of a guy Stu was, the MC blew up his whole world. I can't see anyone big caring enough, and big enough to come over, apologize and try to save the MC's marriage, and Dez's job.

Should she have fucked another man, of course, not. Should he have not been such a dumbass, especially when Stu comes to the door, of course. The question is it happened. These two had a great twenty year marriage, I'm actually happy to see them making it, because ultimately the fuck up was because of a misunderstanding. Yes, she lied about working with Stu, and that was a biggie, but it wasn't because she wanted to continue sneaking around with him. She could have done that to start with and never asked for a hall pass. However, I would have made it part of the deal that Stu had to find another job within 3 months. If he doesn't do it by that time, then he really isn't trying hard enough (unless it's during Covid though).

NorthHunterNorthHunterover 3 years ago
Fantastic story.

This is very realistic people often get stupid and think that they can be selfish in a relationship and not consider the other person until the tables are turned and they feel what they have in fact inflicted.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago
Mixed thoughts

The writing was generally good, although the story could have used good editing. I thought the story was inconsistent, however. For example, Blaine was supposedly working too hard to pay attention to Dez, but, then, he suddenly, has all this free time to mope and chase Lenora.

I can sort of understand Dez looking to use her free pass after being ignored by Blaine, but the author I think missed an opportunity to develop story that Dez thought that a date might inspire Blaine to be jealous and more attentive to her. It still strikes me as odd that she would not recognize what it would do to have the guy pick her up at her home with Blaine there. I certainly do not understand her inability to simply slap Stu's face when he kissed her in the following days. She was basically flirting and encouraging Stu. It seems that her actions were not as consistent with loving Blaine as she made it out to be.

On the other hand, I did think that Blaine was being an ass for striking back at Dez, as he had agreed to the date. There was nothing that Dez said or did to suggest that this was a game.

I found Lenora to be unbelievable. That Stu could have found a woman willing to do a one-nighter with him is perhaps possible, but not someone described as beautiful and extraordinary as her. Author went a bit too far, and did need to to.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 3 years ago
Well written and interesting conclusion

Nice to see a story from a fellow Kiwi. I spent a lot of time with the Dunedin scarfies even though I was at UoC. Damn, those villas were REALLY cold and the women friendly hot. Also watched the AB's and Otago/Canty matches at the House of pain. .

Loved the story. Very believable. Hope you keep putting more out. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Tit for tat

Ond night stands almost always end in pain...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Pretty good....

Overall a pretty good effort. Some of the disagreements seemed a little redundant, so maybe could have been a little shorter and still been just as good. And one more thing, but it's very minor....and just my opinion.....the ending seemed a little too quick, like it needled something more...

woodwardwoodwardover 3 years ago

Great slant on a old theme!

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago

This was a very good work girl!!!!

Full.marks from me!

I'm of a very different nature than your characters but you wrote them so well that I could understand them from their crazy point of view.

I'm very confident and not insecure at all but I am also territorial sexually.

Dez wouldn't have been a blip on my radar and I couldn't have understood why your MC gave her the time of day. Your excellent writing enabled me to see a bit from their perspective.

Now Dez was a near brain dead slut for doing what she did and with a fucking co-worker to boot.

She had to be a sub class of moron relationship wise to not comprehend that, using the pass with a co-worker that she would see every day and would meet her husband at company parties, was a bad idea?

Why did she have the cunt show up at their home?

Dez even wanted to invite him in?

Dez was a god-damned retard but you still pulled her off as endearing and convinced me she really did love her husband and family. That is great fucking writing!!!!

You also had an MC with some real steel in his spine and no one was taking his balls!

I loved that he took his opportunity with the little tornado which allowed him to make Dez see fully what she had done.

This is now a favorite of mine and I'm going to start following your work.

I new you could write but you lacked the ability to convince me of your characters and plot.

You have written some real whoppers when it comes to blowing up a relationship and they weren't frankly believable.

With this wonderful work, you sold me the whole enchilada!

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952over 3 years ago

Great job.

You took us through the emotions with great skill. Thank you.

jaythemanjaythemanover 3 years ago
Enjoyed

The husband was not very good at articulating his feelings, but I guess that was necessary for the story to progress. Thanks.

ShadowRosieShadowRosieover 3 years ago
abt. Free Pass

This little fuck you have tacked on the end was obviously a "fix it" and it showed. Sorry.

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

Dumbass knew she was a loose slut before he married her

I refuse to feel sorry for morons who ignore reality

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 3 years ago

A decent story. The sad part is that Destiny didn't understand the consequences of her actions. I'm very surprised that this didn't end in divorce or require counseling. The whole idea of hall/free passes is ridiculous. If you are too immature to commit to a exclusive monogamous relationship then don't get into one. For a married man with a young child to chase after another woman (married no less) is disgusting. He deserves to lose everything and have regrets for the rest of his life. Maybe all marriages should have per-nuptial agreements that penalize adultery (and lets really define it so the Bill Clinton's of the world don't get off on technicalities), and require yearly polygraph exams, and of course DNA paternity testing of all children.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
From the very start, she lied

The rules included "nobody we know..." which definitely includes people you work with. Moreover, that's an affair--the flirting and touching, the confiding, the kissing--that's not going to fly.

So, as nice as she was portrayed, she was a lying cheat. And a delusional one at that.

My feeling in a work situation like that--do it once, get it out of your system or, if you have to, do it until you get caught. But don't needlessly let your spouse know that you're a cheater until you absolutely can't hide it any more. Don't ask their permission.

TnicollTnicollover 3 years ago
Well Written

Excellent job on the “hall pass” genre!

If I was in Blaine’s shoes though we’d Be divorced. And for one simple reason, Dez deliberately humiliated him by having her fuck buddy come to the house to pick her up. She couldn’t claim ignorance after their discussion about “not at the house.”

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 3 years ago

The story flowed nicely and the morale of the story came through loud and clear. Your first page threw me off as I didn’t understand the language. I have only visited NZ once while with the Navy. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
just a fix

Ok the husband is to blame mostly here, when the guy showed up at the door that was your come to Jesus moment and you dropped the ball so what happened is on you But what happened next makes reconciliation impossible. She works with the guy and lied about it and then admits that she was getting felt up and kissing the guy at work after the fact, a woman can make it perfectly clear that the attentions are not welcome and if he was continuing it was because she was not putting up much of a fight. And the nail of the coffin was the x-mas party, he finds out they work together and everyone is at the table conversing with one another and instead of generally mentioning those anyone know why Stu didn't come they ask specifically why he didn't come? Why her? why should she be the one that knows? your telling me that he would not have thought that they knew sorry but that party would have been the end.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
As some said, you really gave the emotional side (done well, which is rare)...

...to an old, perhaps not “tired” but certainly oft used, trope here on LitE. Bravo.

I accidentally hit four stars when I wanted to give it — 5-stars & Favorite.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
You tried...

Here are what I see as the difficulties:

1. The Dez character is written at the beginning as too promiscuous to be considered "wife" material by any reasonable man. Even after "exclusivity", Dez's banter about other men and "hall passes" would have been off-putting enough to keep her from being considered seriously as the mother of the MC's children. So, the marriage, in the first place, seemed a stretch. In addition, the "party girl", after marriage, undergoes a personality transplant and becomes a very chaste, committed wife. That's also hard to buy.

2. The whole business about the husband not taking the "hall pass" announcement seriously is ridiculous. Even if he thought it was a joke, any husband would still make sure she was kidding. The issue and the consequences were simply too serious. Standing by passively with "Stu" at the door is also absurdly not credible.

3. "Dez's" failure to abide by the "rules" and her lying compound the problem even more seriously than the story portrays. I don't see a reconciliation at all given the depth of love for Dez you write into the husband character. For such a person, her actions, including the lies, would be shattering. If his feelings for her were more along the lines of her being a familiar, comfortable companion, it wouldn't matter so much (that might be a good story line....the wife becoming upset because he doesn't care very much). As it was, the most I can see is the MC putting a brave face on it for the short period the children are still in the house and then leaving her.

Much of the writing about what happened after the wife's return was well done, and the prose flowed well throughout. The plotting, however, needed a reality check. It wasn't credible enough to suspend disbelief. Frankly, I think that is hard to do with "hall pass" stories. There's no tension unless both spouses are deeply committed to one another, but that's the problem. If they really were, neither would risk any part of the relationship by doing something so immoral, and the victim-spouse would make a huge issue of the planned infidelity beforehand.

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinover 3 years ago

I liked it. The "hall pass" is one of those things I find interesting as a reader and a writer, although not so interesting that I want to read 100 chapters based on that premise. We also got a happy ending, which I always root for in this category.

RandallQRandallQover 3 years ago
Great work

Enjoyed it. Not a new concept but your character development and writing skills made it fresh and enjoyable. Please keep writing!

dc6370dc6370over 3 years ago

I loved it! You were able to articulate his feelings for her, even though the MC couldn't state his reasoning behind blowing her off while they were dating, even the week leading up to the crux of the story. You dealt with the angst beautifully, allowing the reader to feel his pain, and then her pain as he used his free pass. 5*

nestorb30nestorb30over 3 years ago

I thought it was a pretty good story. Is pulitzer material, no but better than many. Ignore the haters

Thank you for writing

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
Exhausting

Well written and certainly makes one think. I felt it was stupid married to stupid. Kind of surprised they actually made it to marriage. Just goes to show you how weird we are as humans.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
mixed bag

generally a good story but weaker in parts -author needs to be encouraged as i guess some want all bitches burned at the stake and not taken back-thats a trifle too predictable-and remember this isnt a cuck who should of been drowned at birth

BigDee44BigDee44over 3 years ago

Well, our guy (did his name ever get stated?) is the dunce. During the week-long run up to the date with Stu he had all kinds of opportunity to call a time out, specifically so that any misunderstandings could be straightened out. That would have been a great time for him to confess the awful feelings he had when they were dating and he saw her take two guys into his apartment. But no, he did not do that. His reactions after the date were over the top as far as I was concerned.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well written but horrible story

There are not enough ugly adjectives to describe what a self-centered, stupid prick Blaine is. First off, for a couple married that many years, their communications skills were about non-existent. Even a stupid husband voices his objections in the week leading up to her cheating. Of course, in her mind, she wasn't cheating. I don't know what she expected, but his reaction was pretty much standard husband stuff. And I don't know how the police roll in New Zealand, but when the police show up and there are two men with broken noses and blood on their faces, someone's going to jail. That part was just wrong. And the whole story was unbelievable, especially after he cashes in his free pass. After all the issues they have, where is his pea brain? Did he think THAT was a good idea? At that point she files for a divorce, gets half his business and starts to look for a real man - not the snivelling, lowlife fool she's married to. This was a good story, with a thoroughly unlikable lead male character that was ruined by a dumb ending. Try again. This was awful.

1 star

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nithings Fee

There's a cost to everything and a Free pass is a Fool's errand when it comes to marriage and relationships. You're just asking for trouble.

"She shuddered, "I promise, there will be no next time, I have learnt my lesson."

Sure, until next time she's feeling bored , entitled and feel's like sluting around. The only lesson she's learned is to not tell you and lie.

timrivtimrivover 3 years ago

The old saying, “Two wrongs don’t make a right”, is applicable here, great story 5* but am very disappointed that the author had him end up being just as much a shit as she was. I know the author ended it with a reconciliation but they way he went about it, in my opinion, sucked.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
she was "ok'' with her doing it

but him doing it is just wrong.........yeah right.....he should've dumped Dez and got with the hot chick

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
You Tried

Really, you worked hard to make it feasible that they got through this. But the couple you created just don't seem like they could. That Dez even considered it and continued to flirt with the guy showed way too much about her. Still, well told, such as it is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Ordinary...then got worse

OK...the main gimmick was one spouse activating a “pass” after 20 years and thinking it would be no big deal.

When she found out it was...and not just because of the “one time” but because it was with a colleague who continued to pursue her, she eventually came to understand that she did have an “affair” and not a one time “zipless fuck”.

So after many months, the couple got past it......and then the stupid fucking husband does it? Frankly, that took all the air out of the story, totally devaluing EVERYTHING the husband was claiming the entire time.

Story should have ended with the reconciliation. Having him do same thing just didn’t work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
enevitable

Not now, maybe not for a while but that marriage is going to fail. It is already dead they just don't know it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
She shuddered, "I promise, there will be no next time, I have learnt my lesson."

And to myself I said "We shall see, Dez. We shall see..."

VickieTernVickieTernover 3 years ago

Blaine with his self-derived private notions betrayed his wife. Even in the midst of his marriage vowing! I can understand his belief that his marriage has been betrayed, but not that their relationship has been violated. He doesn't deserve her. That she cares for him, how he feels, is an awesome gift he should be appreciating. And doesn't, causing vast misery. Tough ass, buddy! Go fuck yourself!

KayaknhKayaknhover 3 years ago
Termi al stupixity from both spouses......

Wife is a bitch. Husband is a dumb ass simp.

What good can come from this combo?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

If you're going to write male characters, you should try to find some way to have some conversations with men. Maybe you could try to get a job outside the house, which would allow you to interact with people of both genders?

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 3 years ago

It was a stupid idea from two young immature kids that lingered around until his work pressure left her feeling unappreciated or something like that and she foolishly brought it up. Blane was too much of an introvert to think that she really meant it and then was shocked when she did it. The cheaters divorce and the free pass in return brought things back to level if there ever could be such a thing as starting over then this story ended without such a bad taste in your mouth as other stories lately. I gave it full grades and appreciate your writing - thank you for the story.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Page 1

More later when I have time to read but:

Given it’s written from hubby’s point of view, what he knows is all any of us know. He married a gang bang party slut. Smart money says she’s been fucking around on him for years. He’s a dumb ass for taking her seriously.

mattenwmattenwover 3 years ago

What an unrealistic story! Which couple would come up with the idiotic idea of ​​"cheating" in their vows? The end is already mapped out here! According to a study by the Bertalsman Foundation, partnerships that attempted swinging, swapping, cuckolding or sharing are destroyed within two years. Most common reason: jealousy or one of the partners falls in love again! So only real idiots think of a "free ride ticket" to cheat! That another marriage was destroyed by her cheating doesn't seem to be important to your protagonist!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thanks for sharing...

I’m positively surprised, the topic is a bit worse for ware & your ending was predicable. However, your dialogue was really captivating, l think you managed to address the major issues.. well done

Looking forward to your next post.

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

Good read.

Not sure but Dez must be an actual real bitch because she complained that her husband was upset with what she did, she complained when her husband did what she did, she blamed him for ruining Stu's marriage, didnt feel he had a right to be pissed that she lied by omission, et al. Basically he should have picked less of a bitch to marry, as she didnt come across as a nice person at all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Interesting, Engaging, Lots of Tension

A very entertaining story. Thanks!

However, as one who has spent a lot of time in New Zealand and fully appreciates why it is one of the most admired nations on Earth, I have to say I've never met any New Zealander who is as stupid as Blaine. What a twerp!

kuroneko_dkkuroneko_dkover 3 years ago
Wimp

The guy is way to wimpy, and the part about Lenora was boring

Btw who is Amanda

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 3 years ago

You did take an old theme and you remade it into something different with genuine emotion and angst. It was also a reconciliation story but NOT a RAAC story, which made another difference. Well done.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Page 2

He's getting what he should have expected when he married an obvious crazy slut.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 3 years ago
Inevitable

If we accept the free pass as a plot device, there is realistically no other outcome which leaves the husband's pride intact and impresses upon the wife the impact of her decision.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago

LoL! There are some gay ass pussy motherfuckers posting.

This was a winner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Loved it, but.......

This was a great read and done very well. Story line was great and drew me in. The ending was very weak given the deceptions from Dez. Both using the free pass was tit for tat. The deceptions are the greatest underlying problem and they weren't dealt with accordingly. Once a cheat.....always a cheat is still a great risk. Dez thought the free pass should forgive the deceptions that took place after. Finished the story not feeling it was complete. Forgiveness came too easy as before...leaving the door open for Dez feeling she got away with with the worst part of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Very well written...

... but I wanted to slap the husband the whole time,

it just shredded my suspension of disbelief that he would just play along with it. A real person would have started World War 3 before letting that happen.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 3 years ago
Character stability

Sweetie was represented, when at University, as up to anything ... with Future Hubby as well as other dates, including a threesome! How, then, was Hubby so impressed with the ‘totally novel’ techniques Blonde Bombshell showed him? Plus, the BB character was not developed well enough to be convincing. Granting, neither was Stu but WTRs were not privy to the details of that tryst, nor was it necessary ... just the likelihood that it was true. That, in fact, the Sweetie/Stu tryst did occur was only confirmed by subsequent events.

The acrimony expressed throughout the post free-pass debacle was excessive if We-The-Readers are to believe any sort of reconciliation could ever happen.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 3 years ago
**** Good job.

Blaine is an idiot, but most of us guys are.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Well

A dumbass married a known slut. Troubles ensued. EOS.

As to him fucking the other woman. FINALLY! Everyone has their MC puss out and it's just gotten boring. Sure it was wrong but someone finally had the brass to go the other way.

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonover 3 years ago
Communication!

I enjoyed the story. Neither Dez nor Blaine is anywhere close to perfect, nor is their marriage. Communication is a huge problem: if Blaine has to get Dez's sizes from a co-worker after all these years, he definitely hasn't been paying enough attention! Dez figures her one-off will put an end to Stu's pursuit, and the week leading up to it has brought Blaine's attention back home where it belongs, so she thinks all will be well. Not so much. When they finally start to communicate (as opposed to the way they slid into a reconciliation as after her free pass), I think they'll be okay. I am sorry for Stu and Angela's little girl: she doesn't deserve that trauma.

Good job portraying two flawed characters who aren't the sharpest tools in the shed, blundering their way toward a successful, loving marriage. Well done!

GA.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great

Great story but fud it hard to believe that he would take her back let alone ever trust her again. And with her personality i doubt if she could stay faithful.

You should write it again but with them breaking up. Either way I enjoyed it

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I didn't get the husband character you created.

A woman using sex to get dates and drinks is a whore. And you kept telling us how beautiful Dez looked, but it was obvious from her behavior and lack of dignity and self respect that she was a shallow selfish slut who wanted her cake and to eat it to. And you perfectly portrayed a brainless poltroon who hung around and went along with her shit, until he finally had enough. But then as soon as she claims she is suddenly a wholesome chaste woman (Martian Virgin Ray? I don't think so.) he acts like her previous slutting around never happened.

After years of marriage, when she proposed fucking another man, out comes the stupid cuck all over again. It was obnoxious, but he deserved it.

Then the story went from the bizarre to the ridiculous with the whole balancing the scales thing. Guess if she used her free pass with a woman he would be out sucking cock, just to show her how it feels. I suspect by that point she already knew what it felt like to have a strange cock up her ass.

So it wasn't a bad story, just a stupid contrived plot.

But thanks for the effort.

LarrynDallasLarrynDallasover 3 years ago
Strong male protagonist for a change

I usually dislike your stories because you write weak male characters. This story was different. The male protagonist had a spine. Nice premise and well written. And you managed to make it end happy. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
1 star

NOPE. No way the bitch comes back after the hose job by the big meathead she works with. She is a big fat liar and a cheat period! She wanted the big dick and she schemed and got it. Well now she can try and keep it. No redeeming quality for the whore of a soon to be ex wife. The meathead lost his so give the slut to him and go on down the road. No trusting the skank assed whore after her being in the affair at work for no one knows how long but the entire office staff knows all about it so it wasn't a one time deal like she said. The wife will be meeting the meathead for sure now that he lost his pussy so kick her ass out and quick cause she will be getting reamed out soon by meathead for sure!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A common theme

Women are selfish creatures.

They rarely exhibit empathy nor sympathy. And the scary thing is these women understand empathy and sympathy far better than men, and they use it to manipulate those around them. But they TURN IT OFF.

If that doesn't scare men AND women reading this, I don't know what will scare you. A woman, who is an expert in empathy, decides one day, "I'll probably feel badly if I put myself in my husband's shoes, so I'm just going to BLOT IT OUT like it doesn't exist."

It's only when the husband uses their 'hall pass', or goes off for a revenge affair...does her empathy get forcefully turned on. I remind you that even divorce didn't trigger her desire to turn it back on. This isn't some rare phenomenon. This behavior in women is NORMAL. Let that sink in. If a woman wants something, she can turn off any inconvenient parts of her brain chemistry that would have normally saved their marriage.

The husband fought like hell to make this story work out. And they don't get a happily ever after. Her cheating, and his decent has brutally and emotionally left deep wounds on them both. It'll take decades to heal. That's what cheating does.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Thank you, very well written and entertaining. I enjoyed where things ended up. I’m usually an inveterate BTBer but very occasionally I want to see the couple reconcile. This was one of those rare instances where I thought reconciliation was the right outcome. Dez was almost too much of a cunt; she skated right up to that line but didn’t quite cross it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not for me

And I disagree with the comment below. The male protagonist was not strong. Yes, I get that he was kind of shocked when she first told him she wanted to use the pass but he wasn't strong enough to stop it. His reasoning believing she was joking was stupid and idiotic. Like cmon wimp, you knew how she was in her college days. It was also hard to be sympathetic towards his character and the wife was your typical, selfish slut. She knew what she was doing would cause pain towards him and her family but like most of the female protagonists in this category, they don't care. They only care when their actions cause painful consequences to themselves. Would have preferred he used his free pass and them dumped the whore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
skip most!!!

free pass, to where? both are not well invested in the relationship. LOVE slap hapy papy #9

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

WAY TOO WORDY....AS IF WRITER WAS BEING PAID BY THE WORD....

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 3 years ago

One has to wonder if Stu was seducing Dez while he was married to Angela why not pursue her after Angela threw him out? I understand that Dez was shutting him down but why would he go to Blaine and make a plea for her marriage to Blaine? I know it's all fiction ;-) *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Pretty good writing and story telling

Two wrongs don’t make a right. I guess they worked it out. A lot of damage done.

donjuan1954donjuan1954over 3 years ago
Good read

Nice take on a very old plot line.

OutisOutisover 3 years ago

Really great story; I hope to read a lot more from you.

Never mind the misogynistic comments from frustrated guys.

5 stars.

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Fault is definitely mostly on her side, but seeing as he squatted on the moral high ground AND ended up using his hall pass anyway, it probably evens out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A thought-provoking story . . .

I don't usually try to take apart an author's plot or the characters he/she presents to move the plot -- whether I agree with his choices or not. Instead, I just try to see if there's some things in the human dynamic the story presents that might inform my own understanding or experience. So given the basic premise of the story -- the one-time "free pass" originating in the ideals of youth and being cashed-in some twenty years later -- I think you did a good job unfolding the thoughts and the emotional dynamics of the two characters, while illuminating the old saying "decisions have consequences (and often not the ones that are obvious)."

Although I've never been in the position of your characters, I nevertheless could think and feel along with both as the plot unfolded. You made the plot interesting, with some surprising twists and turns, such as the enraged visit to the "other man's" house. This is one of the traditional hallmarks of good/great fiction --- to provoke an empathetic response in the reader without the need for the reader to have actually experienced such events. For instance: Most people have never been on a whalling expedition, or fought in a war, or endured torture, etc.

I just wish I understood more of the distinctive British/Australian idioms of English speech. But I managed anyway!! Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
FREE pass does not exist

No such concept; nothing is ever free. It will always cost something to someone.

It may just be the way one looks at someone else.

Someone once cherished by someone else is no longer held in esteem by that person.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I liked it. 5 stars

Because he gave her a dose of her own medicine I rate a 5.

However, I could not put myself in his shoes. No matter how hot he looked when I saw her going from guy to guy to guy and even doing 2 guys at once I would have been home in a very long shower and then going for an STD test. I would appreciate her honesty in saying she does not yet want to be exclusive but this is not dating one or two other guys while she dates him. This was just all out slut ONS all the time.

Then, to top it all off she writes the free pass into her wedding vows? I would have stopped all that talk pre marriage. Once engaged if she kept that teasing and talk the marriage is postponed or off.

Lastly, as many have said, once she says she is going to use the free pass all trust and doubt is lost so marriage is probably over. How do you know she didn't't already use it? How would you know she wouldn't just cheat and later and try not to get caught? Her doing the free pass with a married man who has a young child was so very wrong! I really hated her at that point.

Without him also cheating this would have been another wasted out cuck story. You gave him some self respect back but I would have the divorce go through anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Destiny and Stu need to cease all contact

There's a reason certain tropes are used repeatedly by various authors in LW. Each of these well worn scenarios evokes powerful feelings and could easily could occur in the lives of most readers but e. That familiarity makes it fairly simple to empathize with the characters and identify with their struggle to reach a resolution of the crisis for that story line.

I enjoyed your version of the hall pass scheme, Cagivagurl. It is well written. Thank you for introducing the Maori character. You nudged me to read a bit about the indigenous people of New Zealand. A story that encourages learning new stuff deserves kudos.

I was a bit surprised when Blaine accepted Stu's promise to look for a new job and thus agreed with Destiny not carrying through with her resignation. There is little hope for their marriage if that relationship is allowed to fester. A reasonable compromise would be a time limit for Stu to find new employment. If he had not moved on within 60 days, for example, Destiny would resubmit her resignation without further ado.

Blaine's decision to reconcile only made sense after he also had made use of a hall pass. Destiny truly had no understanding of Blaine's feelings until her husband spent the night in the bed of a beautiful temptress. Even that epiphany seemed to have little impact on Destiny's willful and self centered nature, so Blaine would be wise to hang onto Lenora's number.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
1 star

Nothing was resolved. She'll just hide it better next time.

DevlinCarnateDevlinCarnateover 3 years ago
Well Crafted

Yup, this plot line has been done often and, frankly, rarely well. But i think you did a very credible job here.

I commented on a previous story of yours and was not kind, as I felt you lost the feel of your character after part one. Here, you were much truer to those characters, and while i could predict how this story would end almost to the word, it was still true and believable. Maybe it was that this story was much shorter than your previous one? I dunno. But I could follow the character's threads from start to finish.

You have a real gift in grabbing the main character's sense of loss and bitterness upon realizing he has been cheated on. On a story site full of that specific theme, it's sad how many stories are missing that in some small (or not so small) degree. It's a very vital element necessary to pull the reader in, and it worked here for me.

This is a real positive step. I'm excited to see what you do next.

ribnitinribnitinover 3 years ago

I was going to pass on this story of yours because of the subject. I'm glad I didn't. Well written and well developed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Excellent!

It was the only way to save the marriage!

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
Yeah. The “Lenora” thing...

...is more misused (though far less ridiculous) than the karate/Marine/Special Forces storyline.

What would have been interesting, and I’m sure more difficult, would be to figure out how to save the marriage without that AND keep it from being simply a “cuck-shit” story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
4*s

Interesting and entertaining story. You have a very effective ability to describe the emotional pain of the characters in your story 😥😪. Blaine was suffering and you showed that very well. Unfortunately, as the protagonist Blaine is not a sympathetic character. Actually the POV of Destiny would be a better story.

His wife Destiny was always truthful and upfront about sex and her relationships. In school Blaine asked her to be exclusive only after he had been hurt. She started hiding her times with Stu after the free pass. When she realized her husband Blaine could not let the experience go. Blaine was a culpable fool for agreeing to the free pass then thinking she was joking when she went to excersize it.

The protagonist, Blaine fails to communicate his feelings to Dez, accused her of lying when she hadn't, and never takes her seriously until it's too late. The plot device of Leonora was so obvious...The marriage scales are balanced, Dez understands the husband's pain, promise to never ever be a "bad" wife again.

All BTB crowd are happier.

This story earns the 4*s I give it. Now how about Destiny's story.....

I didn't sound like

AMerryman

But I am😁

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not too believable

4 stars for a good attempt

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Entertaining story and the hubby didn’t overreact enough in my opinion . When the guy knocked on the door he should’ve attacked him on the dot if he really believed it was a joke . After leaving I’d have never gone back but he did and let it go until the lying sneaky wife was caught. First Acting on it , then breaking the the rule That hubby thought was a joke in not to know the person or it be to close to home. Then he actually works with her so she has been before it happened and after been emotionally cheating on top of kisses and getting felt up which I’m sure she loved the attention or she would’ve put a stop to it . Then she was still being sneaky and lying with the party and she expects it to go differently when he finds out. He should’ve made her leave the job and good old stu should’ve got punched again for coming to His the job . After all that he got his revenge pass and she was pissed. Why he even married her . She was clearly a slut would never commit and when she was ready he caved . He even watched he walk home to her dp . Through the years you know many woman some hot some can be great like one of the guys , a best friend and some just straight up whores that you like . She was that pig that everyone liked would fuck but never make her there girl or wife . After all that she did I’d never trust her again or believe she hasn’t cheat there whole marriage. I’d have really stuck it to her even if I didn’t believe with dna test for the kids.

patilliepatillieover 3 years ago
This was really good

I gave it a 5, even though I usually reserve that for the ones that get my emotions flowing pretty good. Now that I think of it, this did, i was craving continuation of the story, really eager to see what was next.

I agree with many commenters that the husband seems like a dolt for letting her go out. That the wife seems a bit clueless for going out. But it was a compelling story that had me turnin pages so good on ya mate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good writing--mostly

But Blain was such an unreasonable idiot that reading it was hurtful. I kept rooting for Dez to just hit him with a skillet.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCagivagurl@Cagivagurl
Please do not ask for permission to rewrite any of my stories. The answer is no. The stories and characters within, are mine. I created them, they are mine and mine alone. Save yourself the time and don't ask. If I do not respond to your attempts at contact. It is because I do...