All Comments on 'Friday is Date Night'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 285 Comments
TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistover 10 years ago
Meh

Sadly, this falls into every single one of the typical LW "laziness" categories.

Like so many stories here, you developed a main character and had a crisis/resolution that you wanted him to experience, and in your rush to get there you created completely unrealistic, completely unengaging female characters. All of these mopey, quick to admit their guilt and prepared to live an entire lifetime of contrite consequence women are unbelievably cartoony, and they take the story so far outside of reality that there is nothing for us to do except to observe the unfolding events with a sort of weary disinterest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
could it be

based on first hand experience

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 10 years ago
Opportnities Abound in This Tale ( some should be availed of more then others) !

It felt real. All except for the wife wallowing in grief for years.. The kind of woman that would step out on the sly on husband and is attractive enough to attract a bevy of suitors would be moving on to next sucker. Other then that, this was solid, I really enjoyed qhml1 working through the laws of supply/ demand in matters of heart and commerce.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
To the Unoriginalist Idiot

I found it so funny that you would dare to critique one of the best authors on this site and then decided to check out one of your stories to compare. Imagine my surprise to find out that you are too gutless (and most likely, untalented) to venture writing a story yourself. That said, I'm sure most will find your review to be the drivel it is.

oshawoshawover 10 years ago

I thoroughly enjoy all your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thank you!

You are an excellent writer and I always greet your new work with a smile of anticipation. I enjoy your work very much and all the entertainment you bring me and the other readers. 5*

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 10 years ago
Well written story that played out like real life

Although it was a nice fantasy to think he would end up with his ex-wife, the reality of the situation is/was, once trust was lost, it's almost impossible to get it back. This whole story felt like real life. Both entertaining and a little sorrowful. Good job.

Rhsc1Rhsc1over 10 years ago
Good story

Another well written realistic story from a great author. I was pulling for a reconciliation (without marriage) but your end didn't disappoint. Thanks for sharing.

m48gunnerm48gunnerover 10 years ago
Thanks

All the correct emotions, anger, sadness, remorse, and hope....Good Job, good story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Another great one from someone who knows how to write

You get all the characters going, with feeling , explanations,nothing is lost and we are all connected

RhomanovRhomanovover 10 years ago
Damn Good

Another fine tale. Keep this up and we'll start expecting this level of writing as routine.

Thx

qhml1qhml1over 10 years agoAuthor
Thank you for the feedback

This is another older story, probably written close to two years ago, I found it when I moved my things into my new office. As one reader mentioned, it's a bit generic, written when I was trying to refine my stories.

I also found the original Building A Love Life, my very first story. It was nine pages long, and somehow I lost all but a page when I posted it. I'm tweaking it now, determined to finish it. I've got two more musician stories I'm working on, as well as a sequel to Boston To Birmingham. I've had some unexpected time off, so maybe I'll post with more frequency.

Thanks, Q.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 10 years ago
Well written and interesting story ...

Thank you for no RAAC - would have been tempting to reconcile but trust was indeed destroyed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Well Done

A good read - liked it. Tks

elHosedelHosedover 10 years ago
Only boring people get bored...

...should be a warning to all who experience such things. Fantastic tale of stupidity turned opportunity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Decent story, problematic writing

Boilerplate story, nothing special; but the writing leaves a bit to be desired.

For one small example, at a restaurant Bill and his date order fries, which become fires in the next paragraph. Lots and lots of carelessness like that throughout.

On top of that, the punctuation is WILDLY inconsistent.

I'm only nitpicking because generally, this is a decent writer. QC is lacking, though, and it's just aggravating.

Proofread or get an editor!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thank you, QHML1

Thanks for your promise of more stories from your creative mind.

cpetecpeteover 10 years ago
"...she loves to fish, even owns a boat."

KEEPER!

Fine story, thans for the noce well written tale.

reasonablemanreasonablemanover 10 years ago
Great story thanks for your work!

The characters felt real to me. You filled out the story nicely. Wonder what would have happened if she explained what she was doing when he first caught her? People can get bored and lonely. Rather than her one time only dinner dates, they could have had their own Friday night dates together, but I guess there wouldn't be much to the story. I liked all of the characters and felt sorry for Mary. You may have kind of overplayed her sadness by keeping her alone all those years. If that was truly how she lived, he didn't need to fear her cheating on him again. I like a happy ending. I don't know how anyone can criticize you for a typo like fires instead of fries in a 5 page story. Thank you for your hard work and your promise of more stories soon. 5 Stars!

x_witless_xx_witless_xover 10 years ago
Actually with the parafrasing sharp paragrafs

this was a quicker read than I anticipated. Sharp excellent and decisive writing. Not sure about the ending - fodder for the feigned perhaps. 4*

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 10 years ago
It's just nice

to have some writers interested in entertaining the rest of us. Not q's best story, but miles ahead of many that we see posted. When he writes it, I'll read it.

jacsrjacsrover 10 years ago
A Story of a Life

Well written, kept me spellbound, and interested.

Keep up the great stories, I liked the fact that the wife didn't cheat physically but basically, mentally and destroyed a good marriage.

Nice ending, you didn't leave him alone.

MitchFraellMitchFraellover 10 years ago
Interesting

One of the best stories. I found Bill to be confused. He was not stupid, he got on well with his work and with his co-workers but could not deal properly with his wife. He had hardly any communication with her. Even when they got together at the end he could not handle it. How did he manage to get the promotions at work?

But of course if everything was done right and they talked through their differences there would have been no story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Really was terrible!

another one of those wimpish "i'm so hurt- now look at my macho revenge" type stories.

Fuck off cunt!

You are a gutless prick, nothin else. Stop writing for fuck sake you are boring the shit out of everyone except your fellow like minded wimps,

Please no more of this pathetic drivle, harden up and be a man!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Another Fine Story

All your stories are very well done. In my opinion this one is a notch below Boston to Birmingham or Gonna Sell the Bitch's Car but those set a pretty high standard.

I'll admit I would have liked it better if it had ended with them together. After all the years It seems an unlikely state of mind that he could both love her but still not trust her, especially with her actions, and since he was retiring. That's probably just me.

I'm VERY happy to hear you are planning a sequel to BtB. Having a hard time guessing where that could go given the story ended with most loose ends tied. Hardy Wilkes had a large interesting family though. Are the "music stories" related to GStBC?

What is happening with Finding an Editor? I saw a post from you somewhere stating that you were scrapping Part 3.

Anonymous Andy

javmor79javmor79over 10 years ago
Great story

No revenge. No unrealistic reconciliations. No martyrdom forgiveness. Just life moving in different directions between two people. There was betrayal. There were a lot of hard emotions. There were lessons learned. In the end, everyone is happily moved on. Great story with a satisying ending.

Frankcheng123Frankcheng123over 10 years ago
good read

Some parts = feel bad

Some parts = feel good.

Overall a good story. Flows well.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyover 10 years ago
Reminds Me Why I Made You a Favorite a While Ago

A story of emotional adultery, written well enough to believe. I know a couple that went through a similar sequence that ended up back together. The wife eagerly agreed to keep her every move evident to her husband, for years. At first, he tracked her every move. Ultimately, they were back in love again, laughing about that period of their lives. That story would get slammed on this site, for sure. Thanks for the enjoyable hour.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 10 years ago
Good read

Our hero Is a reasonable man who responded to a shitty situation with a reasonable response, this author did a good job and think the commentators who prefer btb stories could be a bit more civil. Its not like he wrote a pro cuck story and submitted it in the LW category, then i'd agree with the abuse. Although, if he took the wife back as a live in, she could travel with him, no boredom to worry about then... Built in legal sexy-tary!

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Good but long

The story kept my attention but it was long and meandering. His wife was cheating and clearly on the verge of having sex with another man. I get divorcing her. I get him focusing on his job and being more successful. I get him bouncing from one old lady to another, there are a lot of desperate middle aged ladies out there. I get his quirky beach dad lifestyle. I even get him fucking the ex. What I don't get is what this guy wants from life. It isn't really stated, but most guys who have grown children and are divorced do not want to put up with a woman's shit anymore, even if they aren't cheaters. Being married takes effort. It is fine if you are building a nest for your babies, but it is a lot of work if you are starting over at 50 with a ton of baggage. He might as well just lived with the ex, not married her. If she started her games again, not hard feelings, you are a nut - goodbye.

PultoyPultoyover 10 years ago
Ditto what HDK said

If you write it, I'll read it. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
re: anonymous-really was terrible

I got a better solution for you. Stop reading this authors stories. You don't like them, fine. Go find somebody else to bitch about. As far as I'm concerned, there are very few good authors left that contribute to loving wives. Let's not chase them away. Maybe the new wimp cuckold writers, that seem to dominate this category are more to your liking. Have at it. Author, keep on writing, your efforts are appreciated. As always, good entertainment. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Worst story ever

People actually liked this crap? Wow.... Writing is poor because ... It was so freaking long winded I couldn't see any point to it, lost in all the characters. Skimmed half way thru... Was there a point? Guys away from home, lonely ignored wife goes on dinner dates, divorce, moves on... Lives unhappily ever after. That's the story everyone has a hardon over? How is this even remotely erotic? You know the main theme of this site? I think the author suffers from terminal depression...

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartover 10 years ago
I liked it a lot.

One of the better stories I have read on here in a while, hell, you even had me pacified enough that I could have bought a reconciliation. I always love your stories, even if there are similarities, they are always well written and thought provoking. 5 stars!

C_frommnC_frommnover 10 years ago
re: Worst story ever

If you thought this was the "worst" I;d hate to see what you think of Others. by the way Why Anonymous?

blkhrtblkhrtover 10 years ago
to c_frommm

May be they know they are bullshitting.

Lord_GroLord_Groover 10 years ago
You are NOT like MM.

Yes, you have your own distinctive voice. I would never confuse one of HDK's stories, or one of SS06's, with one of yours. That having been said, I don't have any trouble distinguishing your stories from one another. I'd stop worrying about that.

This one wasn't bad. Sometimes the situation is just too screwed up to fix, and the best means of resolving things is to just cut your losses and walk away.

Bev59Bev59over 10 years ago
Good effort

Very engaging, you did a rare thing, got me to like almost all of the characters. Not too smarmy, just right. Great job

DFWBeastDFWBeastover 10 years ago
Very VERY nice!

Actually cared about most of the characters in this. Enjoyed the little 'tease' of a possible reconciliation but Bill's choices were perfectly in character.

curioussscuriousssover 10 years ago
I like...

...your self-deprecating style.

You are well above average and sometimes scintillating in your use of words and phrases.

Let's also not overlook the fact that some of your stories are comfortable and reassuring about humanity. This was such a one.

Thank you - another rare 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A few pages too long

I never understand why writers feel the need to continue the story after the hero is divorced. That is really what these stories are all about. Boy meets Girl. Girl Cheats on Boy. Boy Divorces Girl.

katranmankatranmanover 10 years ago
Don't Overreact

Your stories are not "repetitive" like MM's. You have your own style, as do the best LW writers on Lit. Your ideas are fresh, stories well written, characters believable and have adequate depth. Don't go looking for a problem when you don't have one. When you start to get similar comments from a large group of readers, then maybe it's something to consider.

Meanwhile, I'll enjoy what you are writing now and this one's a gem. 5!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Great Tale

It was interesting reading a full tale about a man who was betrayed a couple of times but won out in the end. The character July was quite different than any I've seen in a while. A double life? Not even her daughter knew. We know how her life turned out. Overall an interesting read.

Don't shortchange yourself. Your style is unique in itself and your work speaks for itself. Keep writing.

JennPJennPover 10 years ago
Great story

I don't often comment, but I liked this story. I have to admit that I am one of the sentimental saps that was hoping for a reconciliation. I do, however, understand why he wouldn't take her back. Ignore the haters, and keep writing. If we let all the good writers be run off by the hate mongers then this site would not be worth visiting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
ignore dumb bitchs like JennP

She's just another cum dump that is pissed of because he stayed a man instead of a willing cuck. Good story all except that "frail ego" crap. Why is it that when a man doesn't take a slut back it because of his ego? But when a woman dumps a cheater, she's strong?

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
I haven't finished the damn story yet

And yet I just had a gut visceral reaction. "Why not come down and stay in my guest room?"

Is the man a MORON? And yet...and yet...how many times have I said something just as stupid, some thoughtless pleasantry. This little bit is enough to make the story. If you make me care about the story...or even want to smack the man with a hammer, it's engaged the reader.

And that is what every writer wants to do.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
HE STOLE MY THUNDER WITH HIS FAMOUS LINE

come on over and spend the night, my daughter live with me, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
used to be different

This site used to be loving wives. More & more it's cheating wives- far from the same thing.

zed0zed0over 10 years ago
No Wimps Here!

I loved the suspense, and was afraid that you would go for another disgusting RACC finish.

Thank-you for not disappointing, because I LOVE A HAPPY ENDING, and this was one of the best.

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Attractive Characters

Nicely delineated. Really agree that I will willingly read anything that you post!

avidreader123avidreader123over 10 years ago
Great story

So glad the exes didn't get back together. The trust was gone. I was worried for a minute you would have Emily get together with him.

TornadoTysTornadoTysover 10 years ago
Love found, lost, found, lost, found !

A good read

Keep up the good work.

Shame he did not stay with Mary for the second time. I think here character had learned the hard way about trust. She would never have done the dating again.

Also 30+ dates at the same restaurant at some point she was going to get discovered. In her apologies she never mentioned when she was going to stop dating ! ?

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterover 10 years ago
A good story in the wrong category

Not a loving wives story. Not even by the low standards that people here put to such things. It was a non-erotic or at beast a romantic story, but not a loving wives one.

starmanfivestarmanfiveover 10 years ago
A very fine story

It was kind of different because she did not technically cheat. She was lonely but then when hubby offered to quit traveling she encouraged him to keep traveling. That was the end of her innocence. She loved her exciting new life and did not want to give it up. She started lying and got a boyfriend. She got caught.. I understand that killed his trust in her. Though with twenty plus years, maybe, just maybe, I might have given her another chance. Wonderful writing. Please more... more...more.. *****

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 10 years ago
Very well done...

In this case I was rooting for a reconciliation but alas...

Still very worthy of the big 5.

Nice job.

xtremeddxtremeddover 10 years ago
A Great Loving Wives Story...

Appreciate the hard work writing a well-developed short story. Just enough love, betrayal, hate, family loyalty and right from wrong lesson.

Thanks for sharing on SOL oops, on Lit.

DD

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loved it

I won't quibble over how you ended it, but if there ever was a chance for reconciliation, this was an ideal situation. With 20 plus years it seems a bit hard to think he gave up so easy. I do understand the mistrust. Five stars.

amischiefmakeramischiefmakerover 10 years ago
Didn't like youir main character

If he loved Mary he would have reacted entirely differently. On a scale of 1-10 of how "bad" what she did was, it was a 5. Sorry, but there was no credibility in him letting it go on for almost a year and then suddenly freaking out totally about it. More than 1/2 the married population has more difficult issues, and if he stood it for that long, what was the problem? He could have stopped it at any time. He's an egocentric jerk; sorry. Since the rest of the story wasn't clever enough to overcome my distaste for him I had to score it a 3, obviously much different than most of the rest of your readers.

carvohicarvohiover 10 years ago
I enjoyed it...

You left a comment alluding to the lack of originality or something. Heck there are only four or five basic LW themes.

My wife watches her cop shows and her Nicholas Sparks stuff. There aren't that many law and order or syrupy goo themes either.

It's not in the originality of the story; it's the comfort and flow of the writing that matters. I understand many men have had horrific personal experiences, and these stories have a cathartic value, but for me, thankfully I guess, they are still just stories.

Your tales aren't Chekov or Tolstoy, but no one really cares. I, however, can't understand the vitriol with which some anons attack LW authors. I've composed a few, and I have a few more I might put on line, but they're free aren't they? Why the anger?

I hope you keep writing. I'm convinced most of us enjoy and appreciate what you're doing. Thanks for another five.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I loved it: 5*****

Thanks for writing. tom anon

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
New subject serial dating ?

qhml1,

Thanks so much for all of your stories, I really enjoy them. This was an interesting one and a first for Lit, Divorce caused by serial dating ! Thanks again for all your work here.

chytownchytownover 10 years ago
Another Great Read*****

Thanks for sharing. Damn good story!!!!!!!!!!!

reasonablemanreasonablemanover 10 years ago
This story works because it feels real

I will read anything you write but your latest story fails in so many ways that this story works. This story involves real people living real lives who have taken their spouses for granted. Your new story has strange people who don't fit your story. In this story, every layer of the story progresses in a rational way and builds to a logical conclusion. I would have had the couple reconcile after all the years, their growth as people and the pressure that would have been put on by the daughters. In this new story, he should have gone for the mom at first. No explanation why the wife went for the new guy. Why he left his wife and kids, why he stuck around for 20 years and then ran off. How Sarah got pregnant t 13 and could raise a child by herself and let her disappear and then marry her daughter's husband. Why they would wait to have sex until they had an audience of his family who cheered them on. Why Sarah would want to re-connect with her daughter's family after 20 years but no interest in her own parents. Why husband never was interested in who was fucking his wife and why she went back to him after getting caught.

Please write what you want to write but keep it real. I got the feeling that you didn't put the husband and wife back together in this story because of the BTB brigade. This should have been a reconciliation story. He punished himself by sending his ex away. With his luck, he will come home to find his widow fucking the gardener.

I found your new story kind of creepy. It was really strange that the husband was keen to take in his ex's kids but not talk to his ex. Not likely.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
read 1 qhml1

no need to read anuther one qhml1

2**

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
Yep he had a stubborn streak

And it was probably justified -

But she was stupid and probably learned her lesson sure seemed like it -

But lol it is true without trust there is no relationship - at least none with a future -

Nice work - even if the theme is getting a lot of re-use.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Not bad

Anyone calling for reconciliation may have forgotten that when he wanted to stop doing the deliveries after six months, to spend more time home with his wife, she pushed him not to. Seems her dates were already more important than her marriage at that point.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Not a Disneyesque ending but good just the same...

Too many stories nowadays have this tendency to have EVERYTHING work out when the reality is not ever like that... it's nice to have a story that while things get resolved don't necessarily do it in a Everyone Happily Ever After fashion... somethings just realistically can't be fixed...

And July.. OMG... She had to know his history, no way that wasn't ever discussed... to think she could get away with something like that and not have fallout...? Even if he had never directly found out, Emily would likely of at some point made the connections... ":) ow could you two have a one year anniversary of being engaged when you were sleeping with Beach Dad right months ago...?!?" Or something to that effect...

krosis666krosis666about 10 years ago
I agree with the Anon below

A reconciliation was NOT an option here.

She pressed him into taking the job away from home. When the 6 month term was up, SHE was the one that pushed and nagged him into staying on, so that she could continue to cheat. She said it was because she was lonely, well, in that case, why did she lobby to have him continue the job for another 6 months? Lonely? SHE refused to go with him anymore when he asked! Her secret life was already more important to her than her family or her conscience. It doesn`t specifically say when she started, but it says at one point that she only did it once a month at the start, then 12 weekends in a row. With 31 guys. That leaves 19 guys. There was some overlap where she did twice a month. So give it, say, 12 or 13 guys at once a month starting out. That`s a whole year. Bill was working away for just under a year when he found out. Therefore there is the possibility that she was doing this from the very first weekend that Bill went away to work alone! That isn`t loneliness as she said, that is pre-planned cheating! She got the idea when Bill mentioned the cheaters website, and immediately grabbed the opportunity when Bill was offered the job. She was the one that finally convinced him to take it, even though he didn`t want to do it. This was her chance, and she took it. There is no way of ever knowing how many of those men that she Actually had sex with! She says none, but she can`t be trusted to tell the truth. Bill only ever saw her with 2 or 3 men, and those were first dates. Who is to say that she didn`t fuck any of the others before moving on to the next one? Going on one date is deceitful, but continuing with another 30 guys shows absolute contempt!

In the end, the only mistake Bill made, was to allow her to worm her conniving ass back into his life!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Thanks

I'm not expert enough to judge the specifics of a tale, but I know a well written entertaining story when I read it. I'm glad you are writing for our enjoyment (and hopefully yours).

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
I Liked This, But...

First, continuity error: At the beginning you say they have two children, one of each. But later, they're both girls!

Second, too much of a bad thing - his wife effectively cheats on him, ending their marriage, then the new lady in his life is two-timing him? Can't this guy catch a break?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
A little disappointed

You shouldn't have put them back together after two years and then break them back up. Would have better to leave them apart and him find someone else.

MrFluffyCatMrFluffyCatalmost 10 years ago
Liked it

Up until you put him and Mary back together only for him to say they'd never get back together, was kinda hoping he'd forgive her at that point :/. Why didn't you just have him make it clear they'd never get back together ever again before she slept with him. *Sigh* Oh well, it was good. 3*

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
I love to disagree with people

Such fun!

I thought it was fantastic, the way you put them back together, even though he had NO intention of ever getting back as a couple. Nothing is more hilarious than false hope! Call me old-fashioned, but I like a break up to be as devastating as it is memorable 😈 And you must admit, she had it coming......served nice and cold too!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
in retrospect

I like your writing style - with that said I am disappointed with the ending of this story. Bill introduced Mary to the dating site, and proceeded to spend weekends building his career for their income. Mary was lonely and tried the website - the dating showed her that at her age she still was attractive to men. The dating started slowly, but became an addiction for Mary. When Bill finally discovered it, the intensity was increasing.

I believe there was never sex involved. They had invested over 20 years in their marriage, and had 2 beautiful daughters. Bill took a very hard line for something he had contributed to. And addiction can come in many forms. He never addressed the root issue, and placed the entire blame on her. That blame continued for 2 years after the divorce. The daughters wanted to be family again, and the oldest wanted grandparents living together.

Bill could not get over his pride and forgive her. His relationships had amounted to nothing over 2 years, and apparently she had not been seeing anyone(still living in the house). Bill at the end continued his unforgiveness, saying he could not trust her. The daughters were there, and why not take Mary on some of his business trips if he felt this way. Also, neither was getting any younger, they were grandparents, they were compatible, and family counts. Bill should have forgiven her, so they could put their lives back together. Still a +5. The DJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Realistic

It has the sound and feel of the grittiness of true life experience. It's not all bad and not all good. It ends as life often does; with no guarantees.

Good work, author.

ErotFanErotFanover 9 years ago
Very good but...

Bill sounds kind of like a loser. He sure can't pick 'em. Bet the Texas broad will wind up flawed, too. He might want to stick to fishing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Bill should have forgiven her

I like happy endings, since she never had sex with her dates, but he could not let her mistake go.as this great writer wrote it

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
TEACH A MAN TO LIKE FISHING

and all hungers fade away TK U MLJ LV NV

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
for a guy who was supposed to be a manager

he didn't manage his own life very well. He may have had good ideas for his company but he certainly did not function on a personal level, except for the fishing.

btw, trout in the ocean?

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Random Thoughts

To bring Mary back, just to have him reject her again is cruel. They should have either reunited or kept their distance.

Having July be a two-timer seemed forced. The timing is unclear, but when he and Emily met the fiancee, they had already been engaged for four months, quite possibly she was already engaged when she hooked up with Bill!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
hmmm

agree with the comment dating his ex then dumping her was cruel, and story wise not realistic.

After all that time, he would ahve known if he would get back with her or not, and starting to date would have menat he wanted to reconcile. For the story to change they way it did, disrupted the flow. He acted difefrent then the personality he had during most of the story.

Also for emilys mother to have been a cheater was contrived. The daughetr didnt know she was engaged? She never visited her moms house to notice a guy was liviing there?

Excellent writing, but those points needed changed before release.

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
Enjoyable Read!

I enjoyed your story. I think the husband did the only thing that he could do when he dumped the cheater. Sex or no sex, she was still a cheater. And for quite some time. She was supposedly 'only dating' these men for several months 20-30 different men and some more than once. She could never be trusted again. Yes, it was cruel when he started sleeping with her again and gave her hope of a reconciliation. He should have shut that down before he first slept with her. As to July, she was one messed up honey. This guy was not having good luck with women.

Thank You for your writing.

maddictmaddictover 9 years ago
Hmmm......

A guys worst nightmare. I like your old fasion values, they should make a come back.

Just my opinion kissing is not being faithful, going to dinner with out telling your husband is cheating. If I can be so bold a story point, Mary was lonely after one night alone, did she not date for two or so years. I thought it implied by no roommates or guests in the house. How much detail can be added to a story before it is burdensome? I like thinking about the how and why of things, storytelling, puting a show or news cast together. Wish a had some of that creativness.

I enjoy reading your stories nicely written lots of detail and nice to think about after I've finished reading. I hope to finish reading your catalog of stories, provocative. A previous comment about the likeness of your stories, hell the Rollingstones songs sounded the same, Taylor Swift, the same, but she could be confused as a Victoria secret model. Looking forward to that show tonight. Well as usual my thoughts are scattering at a alarming rate, keep writting and I will keep reading.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Additional Thoughts

For all the women (and men, for that matter!) who insist that what they're doing "isn't really cheating," if you have to hide it from your spouse, IT IS CHEATING!

"The girls let me know she wasn't dating anyone, hoping it might make me forgive her. I just grunted.

"Must have gotten it all out of her system while we were married, I guess."

They didn't talk to me for three weeks. When they decided to forgive me, I was gone."

What is there to forgive? He didn't say anything wrong!

Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
really liked the story

wasn't he told that after he opened the other 2 stores he could work from home? she cheated, yes, but not really. due to his mentality at the time I understand his position. after all was said and done, I think he should have taken her back.

sugnasugnaabout 9 years ago
Ultimately

In the end you have to live with yourself. That means you have to treat yourself with love and respect. You have to protect yourself from selfish, conniving people - even if one of them is your spouse.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
cheating

The shear volume of cheating and the fact that she developed a deepening relationship with another man.

Combine it with how easily she did it and lying to cover it up shows she knew it was wrong.

There is no way to trust a person like that.

He had strength and enough self respect to make a new start .

ParttimereaderParttimereaderalmost 9 years ago
Not a big fan of this guy

Generally love your work but...

This guy seems to give up on the marriage pretty quickly.

Yeah the wife got in over her head and was wrong but to throw away 20 + years for a few dinners and kisses, that says something fundamentally wrong or his pride is just to important.

This is also a guy who would rather go fishing and then off to the pub rather than get home, even if after midnight Friday, so he could have the rest of the weekend with his wife. I can understand her logic, just dinner with a companion, could as easily have been a girlfriend.

The last 4 dates could be seen as heading somewhere dangerous but by then he should have taken action, confronted the wife and said no more. Even once he found out nothing in his behaviour changed, just left her to drift, after a year it had become a routine no more, no less.

I think he just passively let his marriage die. Didn't really put up a fight. I certainly would have expected a bit more action on his part and yes contriteness on her part.

Anyway that's my 2 cents.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
No Sex BUT Total Emotional Betrayal & No Trust Left

Sneaking out and dating over twenty guys...she was fixated on the thrill and variety.

The fact that she hadn't had sex - YET, was just a matter of time and now especially because she was on a fourth date, meaning - this guy was about to get lucky!

So, if she didn't have sex then why not reconcile? Think about it. She wore sexy, alluring clothing and promiscuous underwear that hubby had never seen and she had never worn anything like that for him so...she was ecstatic about her dates, sexy, aroused and living an exciting life of strange feelings of erotic nature and that would ultimately lead to sex. She sneaked around, lied to her husband and even with heavy suggestions that he might know - she pursued her dating anyway. This woman enjoyed her new life and if you think about it, she never gave her marriage a second thought, not even a moment of concern - just date and enjoy herself.

All of that is cheating and betrayal!

Why she didn't date after he left was foolish, at least after several months or a year. She knew how to date, fucked up her marriage, got erotically aroused and enjoyed dating. She should have just realized that hubby was gone and gone ahead and dated!

As to hubby, while he tried to remain calm and collected, he hurt and he always would but he was unfortunately right...if he took her back, he would always wonder what she was doing while he was away and that would never make for a good relationship for either of them!

Sad, but he was right, she made a mistake (that she liked) and now both have only some memories...Sad!!!

She was/is comfortable dating, just took time to get back at it. Men, takes awhile and they never forget the deep love that they once had but eventually, he'll make it and yes he'll still have memory flashbacks and...so will she...SAD!!!!!!

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Thoughts

“I was just tired of sitting home, watching television, while you were at the beach, eating in restaurants, ogling bikinis, having drinks in a pub. Why couldn't I do that?" – There was nothing stopping her from going out to restaurants, pubs or whatever, but that doesn’t require a DATE! Doesn’t she have girlfriends that she can go have a few drinks with or out to dinner with?

“I Did Not Cheat!” – You went out with MEN that your husband didn’t know, without his knowledge. That IS Cheating! If she wasn’t doing anything wrong, why didn’t she tell him about it when he got home? How would she like it if he was taking strange women to dinner? Yeah, I thought so!

The fact that she “gets it” actually makes it worse! She KNEW it was wrong, but did it anyway!

July has no reason to be resentful, she messed up her chance with both guys by trying to keep both on the line instead of working on building a solid relationship with one or the other. She got just what she deserved!

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Further Thoughts

Why is she wearing sexy underwear? Yeah, yeah, she’ll say it was to make her FEEL sexier, but at least subconsciously she HAD to be thinking that she wanted to excite her date if he should see them!

“I was renting, not yet sure I wanted to stay, or if I wanted to go through the hassle of having house payments until I was retired.” – So having rent payments is better? At least house payments get you equity and tax deductions!

I realize that there might be a trout stream nearby, but he is at the beach, and caught three trout?

As others have said, even without sex, if you can’t/won’t tell your spouse it’s cheating! And she did more than just not tell – she actively lied! The first time when the truck broke down and he came home and called her, and she said she was at home in an old robe, when he SAW her go out dressed to the nines!

July had been ENGAGED to the “Other Bill” for four months, and had already been living together long enough for him to get tired of it, so even if she wasn’t engaged yet, she was certainly in a supposed exclusive relationship when she hooked up with “our” Bill.

“The rift between Em and her never completely healed for years.” – I admit this is a REAL nit pick, but the rift either NEVER completely healed, or wasn’t healed for years. Never means not ever, not after any number of years.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
@Parttimereader

Maybe it was just a few dinners and kisses, but she obviously KNEW it was wrong or she wouldn’t have been hiding it from her husband! And it COULDN’T as easily have been a girlfriend because she wouldn’t have felt the need to hide dinners with girlfriends from him!

And why is it always dismissively put down to his “pride”? If SHE discovered that HE was having dinner dates and kissing other women, would she think it was okay? And if she didn’t, would she be told, “Oh, don’t be so prideful?”

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
What?

Fishing from a jetty at the beach. Catching TROUT ? REALLY ? ...............

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfealmost 9 years ago
by Anonymous 07/26/15 re: What?

"Fishing from a jetty at the beach. Catching TROUT ? REALLY ?"

I live just outside of Corpus Christi, Texas. My subdivision has it's own dock on the bay. I pull in beau coup sea trout often when they're running. Not unusual at all.

Morgan DeWolfe

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfealmost 9 years ago
@Parttimereader 07/02/15 re: Not a big fan

Checked out your favorites.

Your favorite story is a cuckolds delight.

Go figure.

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 9 years ago
sound the same?

Not at all! A terrific story. My only objection is the wife living like a nun waiting for him to come back. She just wasn't the type. She would have been back on the cheating site or another dating site before he was out the door.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Friday

Up to your usual standards which is better than most others. I am looking forward to any changes you make but please do not go to a play by play of the bedroom.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
repeat

I just read it again and enjoyed it again. except for when you went to bdsm last you are fantastic.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

mmk778mmk778over 8 years ago
hello

well here i say one thing Sweet GOD give us more then million chances here and there and forget and forgive your sin what he want for us that at lasts we give one chance for over love once he or she make any sin so GOD move over quota of forgiveness and forget raise more think about it

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...