Frigate Cove Ch. 01-02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
coaster2
coaster2
2,596 Followers

"You aren't a burden, Glynnis. Don't ever think that. It's a pleasure having you here and I'm not looking forward to your leaving," he said honestly.

"Oh, Cam, you've done so much for us. I don't know how we can repay you."

He could hear the sincerity in her voice, but she was unaware of just how much he wanted her and Jamie to stay. The two had brought new life into his home for the first time. And for the first time since Andrea, he began to think about bringing another woman into his life. There was no need to panic, though. There would be time before she could afford to move; time enough to sort out his feelings for her, and her son.

"There's nothing to repay, Glynnis. You needed help and I was able to provide it."

Glynnis didn't pick up on Cam's shift in mood. She was too excited about finding a good job and possibly a future in Frigate Cove. The pressure was coming off and reviving her usual optimism. She was positively giddy at this turnaround in her fortunes. And ... it was all due to Cam. He was the one who made it all possible. He was a handsome and successful man as well. Why couldn't she find a man like Cameron? There must be more than one of them out there somewhere.

~*~

"It's beautiful out here this evening," Glynnis sighed as she sipped a glass of wine. They were sitting in comfortable deck chairs on the front porch.

"It is, isn't it," Cam agreed. "I positioned the house in this direction so that it would have a view of the cove. We don't have a sunset, but we have some spectacular sunrises."

"They appear too early in the morning for my liking," Glynnis suggested. "Maybe this fall I'll see one."

They sat in companionable silence for a few minutes, neither feeling the need for conversation. Glynnis was enjoying the soft, warm air and scenery, while Cam was lost in his thoughts. The woman had turned toward him and smiled a moment or two earlier and he felt his chest constrict and a moment of light-headedness come over him. He avoided shaking his head to clear it, but only just. She had no idea of the effect she was having on him. It was an effect he had almost forgotten ... or tried to forget. Now, it was back.

To Be Continued

coaster2
coaster2
2,596 Followers