All Comments on 'Gabriella Ch. 05'

by soular

Sort by:
  • 82 Comments
raunchyrareraunchyrareover 14 years ago
Wow, what can I say ?

I mean, it is GETTING HOT IN HERE !!!

Girl, I adore your writing, and I am sort of stumped at the things you come up with! Right now, I have to reread this because I ache, literally...

I am just wondering how all this is going to end, as at every chapter when I think I know where you're going, you just thrown something in, and yet once again, I am left on my ass !

This is truly your best work so far ! xoxo

TangledinYouTangledinYouover 14 years ago
OMG!!

It's up, girl! It's up!! Ha, and I just sent you an email about that...Whatever, I'm just happy it did post and people get to read this amazing chapter you put together. You never disappoint, and this chapter is absolutely no exception. Love ya, bookend. Keep killin' it like only you can. ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Hopefully this is it.

I really hope the affair is over this time. I can't see any good coming out of the sick relationship between Simon and Ella. Hope Patricia dumps the creep. I wasn't able to enjoy this story at first until I figured its not a romance. Now it's really intriguing like a soap opera. Good job!

grunabonagrunabonaover 14 years ago
Five stars

One, two, three, four, five...

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
OMG

Omg when are you gonna post chapter 6

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Awesome!!

Ok...I was praying and hoping that Patricia got up to get a glass of water while Ella was leaving and decided to follow her. I prayed that she stood behind the door and heard EVERYTHING that happened. But I guess not....lol...Great job on this chapter! Hopefully Patricia really finds out the truth and with the help of her friend Myra she kicks some ass!!!

LadyMaliceLadyMaliceover 14 years ago
Impressive

Hopefully the next chapter will come in the next few days!!!

2Bkneaded2Bkneadedover 14 years ago
The writing is phenomenal but...

it is definately not an easy read. Why does he keep sleeping w/her? So frustratingly DUMB! He doesn't seem like a bad guy except for this 1 instance. Would like to know more about Patricia's secrets. Normal too comfortable, complacent, boring wife. Poor Ella, caught in the middle between the 2. She is who I actually feel sorry for in the situation, little girl lost. Love Seven Days, will trust your mighty pen or nowadays, keystroke. Thanks for sharing the gift!

cpm09cpm09over 14 years ago
It was worth waiting!!

I love this story! I am trying to figure out a way to have a happy ending, but I guess I leave it to you, Soular. That Patricia is kind of annoying me, she's too passive! Maybe that's why I am hoping Gabriella and Simon end up together. ( I am too soft and romantic!) I think you are a brilliant and talented person and I am looking forward to read the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
OMG

its 3:30 am here in australia and i've been checking for updates for the whole week. this story is soo sick and twisted but i love it. i really don''t like Gabriella though i can identify with her much more than her mother, but please don't let Simon fall inlove with her. as much as i love their love story she needs to be with someone her own age. and i know simon is the dream guy and all but come on... what man does that and still remain sexy?? i do love this story but its breaking my heart. nevertheless i will continue to read anything words you throw my way. please update soon and know that you are a fantastic writter. one of the best on this site (i just wish you didn't write so much about dumb 18 year olds) but hey... i love you still :) thanks for sharing your thoughts and please keep it up

xoxox Linda

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great Work!

Simon, Simon...when will you learn? He is so frustrating! Just as lost and confused as Gabriella...I haven't quite figured out whether or not he loves her and just won't admit his feelings....or if it was all about sex as he said. Either way, I hated how he treated her just then...If there was one thing I wish Gabriella would do that would be to show her mom more respect. Other than that, I'm for Gabriella and Simon...I know it's wrong what they did, but still. Thank you for finding the courage to continue with this story line....you're doing an excellent job.

DawnzoDawnzoover 14 years ago
I freakin hate Simon!!!!

This is a really complicated story, but fantastic!! At first I was not liking Gabriella much, but now I really feel for her and how dare Simon mess with her so much!! I just hope she does not self desruct.

luv_romanceluv_romanceover 14 years ago
wow!!!!

i am so glad u had this update. i hope this will finish soon...with a good ending. i am a romantic and i love happy ending. my heart goes to ella.... i hope she will have her happy ending... she deserves to be loved. ;)

excellent writing again soular. do not make us wait a long time pleaaaseeee... :)

PrincessErinPrincessErinover 14 years ago
Wonderful

As always an amazing intense chapter. Can't wait for more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago

there HAS to be a happy ending for this!

honeybreehoneybreeover 14 years ago
A tangled web you weaved….WOW! This raise some deep questions...

Give me a friend like Myra!!! She is so smart and cool, even though I know she is the secondary character she is great! I hope you decide to write her a mini story or something! She seems interesting. Gabriella is the perfect example of little girl lost, looking for attention and love in all the wrong places except for in herself. She is so childish and emotionally immature, hence why she is always clinging to her younger self, in the dream! But she needs to show her mother some respect! Simon needs to get hit by a bus! He claims to be this smart man but is not man enough to tell his wife the truth. The sympathy wore off on me, at first I saw his dilemma but now I don’t. I do believe he love both Pat and Ella in his own way but he is being selflish to think you can keep two people for himself to make himself feel whole. He is the perfect example of someone who appears to be this perfect white knight but once you get close to him you see the clinks and rust in his amour. Great Story nonetheless can’t wait to see what happens next and if Patricia finally finds out, I’ am glad she is taking off blinders and see what is in front of her and that more of her personality is coming out. And I hope Nolan doesn’t get caught into the crossfire, he seems like a good guy and he shouldn’t be hurt by other people’s lies or play second fiddle. I just don't see how it is going to end for all of these characters because regardless if Simon is with Ella or Pat, how can you start a life/relationship with someone knowing that you destroy someone else in the process to get your happy ending? Can someone truly be happy and have love in their life knowing you crushed someone you are close too and love to get it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Sinister Simon

What the hell is Simon doing? Does Myra already know? And who's going to tell Patricia. I hope Simon has the balls to do so. How can 1 man who says he loves you & your daughter in then end rip both of the their hearts to pieces?

You are a great writer! Keep 'em coming. I found this after I read about BT. Damn, damn damn! I still want updates on BT, Sienna, Victoria, Nic, Darren & everybody else.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
I Always Cry...

after reading a chapter of Gabriella. It hurts that I want the best for each and it hurts that I want Ella and Simon to be punished. It hurts to know that people can do these things to the people they love and still claim that love as well. I hate it so hard to decipher your true emotions when you NEED to know the answer and then realize what you knew all along after everyone is hurt and abandoned and gone.

I can only hope;

Hope Patrica will become strong and start being a good mother and TRY, just TRY for once, to be there for her daughter.

Hope that Simon can find the truth of his feelings in his heart; whether he loves both, one, or neither woman. Hope that he confesses.

Hope that Ella will mature and realize that Simon isn't the one who will reciprocrate the love that she's been looking for all her life. Hope that she will love herself for once.

Hope that they will heal from this horrible slot they've been dealt in life.

Well Wishes,

Skippy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Emotional..lovely..highly addictive

Aaah Soular i truly love this story..hope there's a happy ending for these emotionally troubled souls.

eroticanewbieeroticanewbieover 14 years ago
happy ending?

i agree with others who say this should have a happy ending but i'm at a loss as to what that even begins to look like. talk about a lovely challenge for you soular. amazing work - keep it up!

PrettyGPrettyGover 14 years ago
Talk about an emotional rollercoaster......

I REALLY hate this story. I REALLY love this story. I don't know how to feel about everything thats happening. All i have to say is please don't have Ella end up being pregnant with Simon's baby. I don't think my poor heart can take it right now. I just don't see how anything good can come out of this situation for any of the characters. Ella and Simon are so self absorbed that even if they he did leave his wife for Ella it couldn't possibly work. Ella just can't seem to stop punishing herself because she's just as cluless as her mother, and Patricia is so DAMNED blind of whats going on around her that its sick. YOU ARE A FANTASTIC WRITER, but I don't know how your gonna end this story without adding another eight or nine chapters.

Allsoccer23Allsoccer23over 14 years ago
On the border of love and hate...

I really hate this story right now because of the lies and cheating, but I also love your writing and I am not giving up on this story or you, but I hope it gets better and Gabrielle and Patricia both find happiness in the end!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
There can be no Happy ending!

The emotions I feel after reading these chapters are painful. Simon is in love with two women and he is hurting them both. A mother and a daughter. When you think about it , it is a ugly situation, but i can't wait for the next chapter to see what happens. Keep them coming.

August_BouvierAugust_Bouvierover 14 years ago
Reason vs Impluse?

There are so many questions left to answered. Will Myra keep her suspicions quiet? Will Patricia and Nolan become casualties of the affair? I don't see anyone coming out of this unscathed. I don't know if it's love or a combo of self-destructiveness and obsession that brought Simon and Ella together but I wonder if any of them will question whether the price of them continuing on is just too high.

To say this situation is complicated, would be an understatement. You've cooked up quite a dilemma here and I'm eager to find out how it all plays out.

DaniellekittenDaniellekittenover 14 years ago
It's almost like a train wreck.

I love the story and just cannot figure out how your going to give it a satisfying ending. You've chosen a hard subject to write about and have your characters be likeable. I want to reach out and smack Simon in the back of the head. Looking forward to the next chapter.

peethreepeethreeover 14 years ago
Awesome

I was so psyched when I saw you had an update up. I couldn't wait to get home from work to read. I continue to think this is an awesome story. It takes me up and down. I feel so for Patricia and even Simon and Gabriella. She should probably give Nolan a chance, but she is in love with Simon. Patricia is going to eventually open her eyes probably when Myra's help and she will be destroyed even more. Now that Simon didn't pull out...well will this be a baby for Gabriella and the beginning of the end for all.

hotcocoa6904hotcocoa6904over 14 years ago
I don't know what to say except....

....you are an amazing writer and I will be with you every step of the way until you finish telling their story! I really don't have the talent that you and Kaia have with words so I'm just going to say....excellent job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
This is a curel sickness

Tired of the constant circle that they are on.

Stop breaking down Pat, stop making her so weak ...just to make Ella seems like a ‘valid’ choice. Yes she loves her husband so what. He has been ‘ridden’ to many times, obviously there’s nothing special about him; any and everyone can get some of ‘that’.

Ella: grow up and get over your past and whatever you had to go through with your mother, (guess what we all went through some shit or the other). Walking around with that ‘stick’ up your ass will eat you alive. Ella always wants what her mother has, so give her Simon. And give Pat happiness and peace. Time for Pat to upgrade, ‘BABY LET ME UPGRADE YA’

Guess Simon is still holding on to his teenage years and keeping his corner whore, for there is no ‘lady’ in Ella.

Ella and Simon are a piece of shitty work

NYC

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Loved it As Usual

...and I know you love the user inputs and feedback as well, but I must say I HATE it when readers try to tell a writer what to do with their OWN story. Some of the comments always make me roll my eyes and say shut the fuck up.

Anyway, this chapter was great - the dialog, the sex, the drama and being torn between the two.

I like Nolan, I hope Gabby can be with him for the right reasons and not just because Simon rejected her, but I still like Simon and Gabby because you've written with so much naughty intrigue...even though I know it's wrong, I don't want it to be right. lolol. Reading about Simon and Gabby's sexcapades is extremely satisfying, those steamy episodes are the exact reason we come to this site.

I know the next chapter will be just as good and I look forward to more!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great, but...

I feel like I've read this chapter twice already. It took five pages for the largest development of the story to happen? I hope the next chapter has a faster pace.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Well I loved it.

I think your pacing is dead on, it feels incredibly real and its that realness that makes the whole situation so hard. I love Ella and I really do feel for her. I can't wait to continue with the story.

All the best

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
I agree

The largest development wasn't the end, that was just the one of the more emotional ones. Ella, Simon, an Patricia are all coming out of their shells, and to rush that for the sake of getting to the good part would have been a mistake. All of this story is the good part, it's not just about the heat, and I'm glad I get to see things unfold at a good pace so I can relish it. Thanks for the amazing and heartbreaking update, Soular! I can't wait for the next one!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Ummmmmm......

Sucked. Stick a fork in me... I'm done >=p

bellanoirbellanoirover 14 years ago
so tired of this!

Simon is pathetic and patricia looses all my respect because she is soo weak! Simon is the worst excuse for a man and the way that ella keeps coming back to him reminds me of a dog. I have never really been in favor of weak women and it seems that both female characters are just that WEAK! I only read to see if one of them becomes strong!

Tortured_SoleTortured_Soleover 14 years ago
c'mon!!

I feel pity for poor Simon, but i can't understand why he just doesn't go for Ella.

RedShoeGirlRedShoeGirlover 14 years ago
a very clever update

Much better than all the cliff-hangers of the previous chapters, I'm now anticipating the direction this is going to take from all the contradicting foreshadowing that you layered through here. Good stuff.

And I disagree with all the previous comments about your characters, they are complex, realistic and intriguing, I almost see them needing to 'live' the story for you to write it down, they really don't fit into the narrow little one dimensional boxes of weak/selfish/spiteful etc that people are trying to push them into.

Thank-you Soular.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
wow

I"m totally hooked in this very uncomfortable tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Saddened

I don't know what to say really.

How do you survive after something so complicated like this.

I don't even want to think about the father, daughter (step) sexual taboo.

Stuff likes happens all the time.

The story will have meaning and clarity for me, if at the end all party gets professional counselling.

Different spin than the usual happily- ever- after.

want to see how this end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
LOOOOOOVED IT!

What really made me love this story was the end. But I really hope Ella wants to be Nolan's girlfriend because she really likes him and realizes that her and Simon will never work and not just to get back at Simon. Its time for her to grow up. She's my favorite character and I don't know why readers don't like her. I think Patricia is my least favorite at times because she doesn't even try to talk to her daughter and its like a man has always been her life even though she has a daughter. Its like men are there to occupy her time so she doesn't have to think about her lack of a mother-daughter relationship.She didn't even care about what Ella had on she thought about what Simon would think. But in all,I really enjoyed this chapter. Keep up the wonderful work.

NS11NS11over 14 years ago
Torn

I keep wanting Simon to make the right decision but it seems like he doesnt ever grow up and move on. I have no idea where you're going with this story. I love how you're not afraid to let your creativity flow into that space of Simon's shallow despair. They need serious help. Hopefully something good can still come of this. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Ehhh...

Patricia continually comes off as incredibly weak in every chapter. I don't know if you're doing this on purpose or what, but it's getting pretty predictable: Simon and Ella go through their "I hate you/let's fuck" episodes, Patricia is the weak, simpering casualty that appears to have no back bone. I was hoping this update would be different, but it wasn't. I enjoyed your previous work; this story is just... bleh so far, cause it just seems to be Wash, Rinse and Repeat, every chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
step it up

I want someone to step up and stick with a decision, it just seems all the characters are a limbo of sorts. Please dont keep us handing.

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 14 years ago
Poor Ella.

I agree that the characters are kind of at a standstill. Everyone is trying to stick to the status quo and ignore the elephant in the room as much as possible. I'm thinking of it as the calm before the storm. I feel so bad for Ella. She's tries so hard with Simon but he's always so cold to her. Even when she was brave enough to cut through the bs and tell Simon how she feels, he doesn't have the decency to do the same to her.As messed up as it may be, I kind of want Simon and Ella to be together. I'm sorry that Patricia is in this terrible situation but I don't like her enough to feel bad for her. I'm really enjoying this. Looking forward to more!

hisangelbeautyhisangelbeautyover 14 years ago
wow

i think they are a hot mess and did he remember a condom this time?

love this story

theUsualtheUsualover 14 years ago
This story...

just keeps ripping my stomach out. I hate Simon. Ella is so broken. Patricia, well, who knows?!! Please expose them in chapter six, I think I need closure and it isn't even real. Ugh!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Wow

This is one uncomfortable story to read but I can well imagine it may have been equally or even more uncomfortable to write. But I must say it shows your great talent and versatility as a writer. This is not a story for the faint at heart. I am with you all the way. I keep telling myself Simon should just walk away from this messy situation before they all are buried under the destruction that such a situation can cause. Even if he loves Patricia (which I don't even think he does) how can he expect to live happily ever after with her with such a dark cloud hanging over their relationship. While he clings to this hope his wife is slowing disintegrating before his very eyes. Something is going to give eventually. The suspense is almost too much to bare. So I say, walk Simon, just walk away.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Drawn out...

There's no progress in this story and the more I read it the more I dislike Ella and Simon. Although I was hoping they would eventually show some redeeming qualities, it doesn't seem like that's the case. They are just sleazy. You've lost me as a reader with these two characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Ehhh .....

To start - I write this with all due respect, I do not intend to offend.

I have read this story from the start and really wanted to like it (I have no problem with the difficult subject matter), but I don't think I will continue to read through to its conclusion if the chapters continue on as they have ... As several other posters have commented, each chapter is simply "wash, rinse and repeat". Not only is there little character development, but (aside from Patricia's revelation) there is no movement within the storyline. And the lack of both serves only to make each character more like a caricature (and generally un-likeable - especially Ella and Simon) and the story's conclusion moot. As I stated above, I really, really want to like this story but after five chapters Ella remains emotionally stunted (unable to see or feel beyond that of her immediate self), Patricia remains sullen (and seemingly unable to act/move forward in any direction) and Simon ... well, Simon remains an immature little boy who can neither discern, nor wants nor truly knows how to do the right thing. In each chapter Patricia mopes whilst Simon and Ella have guilt ridden (at least on Simon's part) sex. In each chapter Ella convinces herself that sex is love and feigns an ignorance of her mother. In each chapter Simon lusts after Ella, denies himself Ella, finally sleeps with Ella (after an adolescent "argument"), hates himself for sleeping with Ella and then remembers that he loves Patricia.

Please, please move these characters forward ... move this story along. Although my criticism is harsh, I do wish to see this tale progress - I do believe you to be a talented writer, I truly do. Please give Ella a conscience (let her give a damn about her mother - or anyone outside of herself and Simon) and a sense of pride (she needn't chase a man who belongs to another), give Simon a true direction (no male who sleeps with both a mother and a daughter while claiming to be unable to control himself can call himself a man) and give Patricia something ... anything - just let her move beyond the box of boredom.

I apologize for allowing this to run so long ... I do believe that if nothing else, you have inspired a passion within your readers - myself included.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Some of you people

are such jerks. Seriously, don't read it anymore if it's not moving along the way you want it to. Go wave your hurry up hands at someone else. It's chapter 5. As in, it's only been 5 chapters of a story in progress. It isn't done yet, and in case you haven't noticed- which some of you haven't since you think its all the same- chapter 4 didn't have Ella moving forward with Nolan. It didn't have Pat kicking Simon out of the house because of her anger, and it didn't have Simon talking to someone else besides himself about how bad up this all is. Ella and Simon haven't even had sex for at least a few chapters. It's all been desire, and repressed desire at that. So, what are you people talking about? Every conversation in these last few chapters has been essential, and the tension building probably means that something is coming around the corner. Something big. That's what good stories/books do. They ebb and flow, and since we're reading this one as it's being conceived, it's safe to say that some of you are just too stuck in the ebb mindset to understand the flow part has to be realistic. Otherwise, it really will become a stupid story with cardboard people walking around in a kitschy soap opera.

If you're looking for a quick fuck, or plate throwing and complete 180s in character, go read something else. If you're looking for the quiet before the storm with things about having big impact when they happen, read this. That's what I did and I haven't been let down once so far. The story isn't over, so maybe that will change, maybe Soular will disappoint me and I will feel the need to say that in the chapters to come. But I will wait till that happens, and if it does, I won't tell her how to fix it. Stop trying to tell someone you claim to respect and trust how to tell a decent story. She's knows what she's doing. Just look at the comments that don't have the nerve to instruct her on how to write it and you'll see that. The things half of you are describing as stunted growth or repetitiveness aren't even plot. It's character, and people don't change overnight. All you have to do is look at the people that keep trying to push their ideas on this story 5 chapters in to see that little bit of truth.

I just had to get that off my chest, it's so annoying. Anyway, Soular, I'm one of the people whose heart you broke with these last few chapters, especially this one. This story became a lot more than I expected, and that alone is a shocker on this site. I love Patricia and feel so bad for her, but I can already see her getting a straighter spine. She's struggling with going against 40 something years of bottled up emotion, and if you think about the timeline, it's actually been happening steadily and building up speed. From the time she found the condoms till now, she's been floundering and unable to hide it. I don't like Simon and Ella...but I'm confused about them because I get them together too. And I don't think Ella could have really moved on until she saw once and for all if Simon loved her or not. She needed to hear him truly dismiss her feelings. And as awful as he's being, I still find Simon kind of sexy. If not for the horrible circumstances, he would be a catch, which is why I understand him and Patricia together, and why I suspect it will be an unhappy ending for him. He is, except for this, essentially a good man, and guilt won't allow him to be happy.

I have no idea where you're going with this, but I, like so many others here that keep coming back for more, trust you to tell a wonderful story. And we understand that this isn't the only kind of thing you can write. This is just one of many stories we'll get to chose from in the future as we decide on a favorite. It's your range I appreciate more than anything else when reading this story, as I know it would be easier to shovel out more of the same. So keep writing with a tough skin, and I look forward to the next surprise in this story, as well as the books I know you'll publish in the future. God bless. Mimi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Super!!!!

Soular, you continue to shine on this one. Cheaters rub folks wrong, but the initial premise of Seven Days wasn't any less unsettling. Cheating just raises all kinds of sensitive hairs on us.

A writer who evokes such passion... ire, sadness, even disgust, is a master craftperson with words, characters, a plot and a great story.

~Bluegardenia

lizpersonlizpersonover 14 years ago
Awwww

When I saw that you put Joni Mitchell for Patricia's playlist, I almost burst into tears lol. It just reminds me of "Love Actually", when Emma Thompson's character cries softly to herself while she plays her Joni Mitchell CD...oh, it kills me.

Anyways, this is a very intriguing story, and I can't wait for the next update!

Ps - my email is olv203ply@hotmail.com :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
:O you shock me everytime

this was soooooooooo fricking good!!!!!!!!! however hat said i really feel sorry for nolan i mean he like ella alot and is giving her a chance and she stupidly it blowing up on simon who dosent deserve it anymore and needs a lesson!!!!!!!!!!! i mean seriously when i first read this story i was in love with the fact that ella and simon would hopefully end up together somehow at the end but really hes a di*k to the highest degree and needs his arse kicked and Patrica needs to stand up for herself and correct her mistakes yer its hard to raise a child but if you decide to keep it do a good job cause shes only making both of their lives hard which has made ella resent her adding to the drift:S please hurry up with the next chapter cannot wait to see the events!!!

darknesscallingdarknesscallingover 14 years ago
Oh myy god

Ahh! You really know how to keep a girl hanging! I'm dying for Simon and Ella to end up together. I cant tell you how disappointed I'll be if they don't. I'd love for Patricia to find someone too,but I just don't see her and Simon with a happy ever after. I know I'm a soppy romantic type,and that's just my opinion on what I want to happen. But I love what youre doing..you have me literally on the edge of my chair! Love it. Your stories are certainly not boring!.. keep doing what you do sooo well x

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Simon is fooling himself....

Simon's talk with his school colleague who also had an affair, was illuminating. His colleague divorced his wife and married the "other woman." He was in love with the other woman and just didn't want to hurt his wife anymore. Simon told his colleague that he loves his wife. But it appears he really doesn't because he just can't stop lying to her. He gave Patricia a "name" and said his lover was blonde and the affair was a year long. Telling Patricia that the lover was blonde really hurt her, as this meant the lover was sooo different from herself, being a black woman. Just like telling Patricia that his lover was 19 also hurt her as she is older. Whether he lies or tells the truth, he is hurting "his" Patricia. And this time when he was weak, yet again, and had sex with Gabriella, he did so without a condom...is she going to get pregnant and add yet another layer of complication? I think his actions speak LOUDER than his words...he doesn't love Patricia anymore...his actions fairly shout that Gabriella is his new love. And the sooner he realizes it the better. He should divorce Patricia...and put her out of her misery. Although when he FINALLY tells her the truth about Gabriella, it will be the final nail in the "coffin" of their marriage and of their love. I really wanted Simon and Patricia to find a way back to each other...but since Simon can't or won't push Gabriella away for good,...I don't see how a reunion can ever be a reality. Not to mention how can Patricia ever trust him again??????

FionaVolpeFionaVolpeover 14 years ago
Oh for fuck's sake,

let Patricia find out so she can move on. A previous poster is right, Simon doesn't love her. He loves Ella. He's a cheat and she cares only for herself and him, so put them together finally. It makes me cringe how cruel Simon is to slut and her mom and the fact that this cruelty just keeps getting stretched out is frustrating. None of his actions are making anything easier or better for anyone involved. I don't think he deserves either woman, but it's apparent Simon and Little Girl Lost are meant for each other. He can be the Daddy she's been searching for, he's old enough to be her daddy and they can do fun things like fuck on the carousel. And definitely have Gabby finish school at least even with a possible baby on the way. Maybe once Pat sees her daughter swollen with her own husband's child, it'll give her the impetus to give up the ghost on a dead marriage. Nothing like another woman having your man's baby to kick some motivation in your ass. Then Pat can finally find love with someone who really cares for her, like her friend Myra. Fuck it, why not have her go lezzy, men obviously aren't doing shit for her. Just a thought. Simon can finally grow up and bask in the glory of his new family, and Gabby can be that perfect mother she never had.

FionaVolpeFionaVolpeover 14 years ago
Sorry,

I forgot to post my score. In the process of reviewing, I saw another person's post lambasting those of us who want you to rush the story and the characters along, and give our opinions on what your characters should do. She was a 100% correct. When I throw shit out there I'm not seriously trying to tell you how to write your story, I'm just venting. It's good that you effect people so. When I get involved in a story, I GET INVOLVED. If a novel is good enough I will read through it in a matter of hours just to get to the happy or sad end. I can't do that here and it drives me crazy! So five chapters to me is like 5 years. No offense, and thanks for the entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Right On!

Simon and Gabriella will work! Do yo thang girl. Write it just the way you planned, regardless of readers' comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Nolan..

I know he is a side character, but I love his sweetness! I hope Ella doesn't hurt him too badly.

Such a great story! Thank you so much!

spearman1spearman1about 14 years ago
And the plot thickens!!

That was soooo freaking awesome Soular!! Your mind is a dangerous place that I love to visit!!!!

Born2ReignBorn2Reignabout 14 years ago
screw everyone!!

Fuck simon, gabriella, and patricia...I LOVEEEE NOLAN!! LOL JK but, i do love nolan he needs more camera time!!...keep doin what you're doing!! :-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
I understand Simon

I'm loving it :) the conversation on the window was simply amazing and I could just picture the all thing in my mind "He leaned his forehead against the glass and traced over her "please". She shook her head again." I felt sorry for Simon and did understand the duality of his feelings.

You are really an exceptional righter :)

Cheers,

*Mara - Portugal

Avidreader99Avidreader99about 14 years ago
Powerful Emotional Dramatic

It was like watching this epic drama it's so real and OMG Gabriella Why simon do you crush her heart you know you in love with that girl! It's soo crazy.

Gabby needs to get away out of that house move in with Nolan for a while maybe fall in love with him even tho her heart is with her mom's hubby this is crazy. Her poor mom is so in love with Simon it's just ridiculas

*screams*

I Love this!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
I just don't understand

How anyone could want Gabriella and Simon to end up togehter. How is that ever going to work. She betrays her mother every chance she gets and he's just thinking with his lower region. How can they ever be happy when they are both destroying another person's life. The only person I feel for in this is Patricia becasue no matter what kind of a mother she is, she does not deserve to have her husband banging her daughter under their roof and every place else.

Why does Gabriella has to go on the hunt for Simon, you have a nice young ma in your life who cares for your, so your mother kicked him out, let him be and stop throwing yourself at that loser of a man. As a matter of fact, you are both losers and deserves whatever bad things comes your way. Both Gabriella and Simon keep on putting themselves in the same situation over and over again I just cannot feel anything for them.

Soular, you are a fantastic writer and this is a fantastic story so just keep on doing what you are doing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Humm

I honestly think you're a great writer and this is a very good story. I find it difficult to read stories about desperate and weak women. Elle keeps throwing her pussy at the man thinking it's linked to the heart. Simon is a fool with a mid life crisis. Sure he loves her but it's all tied in with his lonely troubled past. I really really hope you don't let them end up together. It's so hard for me to read this story but I'm hoping for a happy ending. Patricia deserves better. She has a bad job, a bad husband, and a bad daughter. She just wants some happiness. Please give it to her. Gosh my heart is breaking.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
For the first time, I really do believe Simon is in love with Patricia.

It's funny because I actually do believe that Simon truly loves and is in love with Patricia. And that's a surprise to me.

But thinking about their relationship, Patricia and Simon had only been married for two years and then wham: the affair. And this girl is around all the time. Those two haven't had time to solidify their marriage. Really learn each other because Gabiella and her issues are always right there. The sexual relationship and emotional ties to her that Simon feels are just a sympton of a larger schism that is fixable if he truly loves his wife. I think time and distance (away from Gabriella) can heal the wounds Simon has inflicted on his marriage.

They need to talk. Obviously, Simon from comments he's made about taking care of Patricia wants her around more and wants more of her than she's giving him. Gabriella is a poor substitute for what he needs from his wife. I hope she can come out of the fog she's been in to get herself together, not for Simon but for herself. However if there's any hope for that marriage, that will benefit it.

Perhaps there is still hope for her relationship with her daughter. Don't know. I do know that Gabriella needs to at least attempt to support herself and move out to be independent of the mother she so despises but yet uses on a daily basis. She needs a dose of the real world (work, bills and responsbility). Maybe then she'll see beyond her own needs and realize how difficult it's been for Patricia. Not that Patricia gets a pass for being so permissive in her parenting of Gabriella. I'd have long since given her what she needs and that's decipline and boundaries. At least it would be some form of the attention the girl's craving from her.

I wasn't sure at first but I do think that Simon hit nailed the nature of his relationship with Gabriella. It's a dark obsession mixed with chemistry, and neediness and fueled by the excitement of the danger and forbidden nature of the affair. It's not enough to build a solid relationship on and that's why he's clinging to his real love for Patricia. The affair is parasitic relationship that can't survive without the parent or major relationship: Patricia and Simon's marriage. Neither can it survive off of it. It's doomed, unfulfulling and he knows it.

They need to get Gabriella out of their hair and get some counseling. I''m not too sure about Nolan and Gabriella. He's a great guy, but she might have too many Daddy issues and may not let go of her fixation with Simon. No, I don't believe that she's truly in love with him. But I do believe that she's infatuated with him due to several factors: Daddy issues, sex, and revenge for her Mom's neglect. She basically has nothing else in her life in terms of real friends (as evidenced by the fact that she had nothing and nowhere to go when Simon and Patricia left for their weekend getaway) a real boyfriend (until Nolan), a job, ambition, or a real interest in school. Nothing. Simon simply fills several voids that exist in her life. It's really sad.

I'm really interested in seeing what further steps Patricia takes in dealing with Simon's betrayal now that he's out of the house. Since discovering the affair didn't do it, I hope something acts as a catalyst that breaks Patricia out of the holding pattern she's been in. I don't want to her to become "a little Gabriella" in terms of her entire personality changing, but I'd like to see more emotion and honesty about what she's feeling that leads to real proactive change. It's time to let her hair down a bit more and take control of her life.

I also want to see Patricia begin to rebuild her self esteem. Her turning forty and the knowledge of Simon's affair with a nineteen year old has to have damaged her even further considering this is the second time she's married a cheater.

Two cheating husbands. Damn. Just thinking about it makes me wonder if I even want her with Simon. lol

Anyway, I hope Simon starts to focus on salvaging his marriage and on getting to know his wife better. When Gabriella brought up the fact that Patricia just disappears when she's supposed to be at work, and he didn't really show that much interest, I attributed it to him thinking she was trying to put Patty down and turn him against her, which she was.

However, I hope he starts to think about that IF he begins to place his focus where it should be. That's something I'm definitely interested in seeing explored. I know Patty liked driving to think, but I'm wondering if she disappears to go talk to her Mom's grave or something. Some people do that.

Anyway, these are just some of my thoughts. Just off the top of my head. Almost rambling. lol Hope they make sense.

Really interested in the direction the next chapter takes. Thanks so much for this very interesting story.

MilkChocolateAmazonMilkChocolateAmazonabout 14 years ago
Well...

First off I pretty much despise Ella and Simon. Yeah, Ella feels neglected by her mother blah blah. As far as I'm concerned she deserves all the pain and misery that Simon is throwing her way. No way should she get to drive off into the sunset with him either. I mean how cold and heartless a person do you have to be to even consider causing another human being that much pain especially if it's your mother?! Patricia's never abused her I don't think unless Ive missed something so I can only see that Ella is doing this out of spite, has now gotten attached and is getting her just desserts by Simon treating her like crap. As for Simon, weak, pathetic little man: Oh woe is me, I love Patricia but I just really need to fuck your daughter, doesnt mean I don't love you though! Ugh! Use your head fool! Sorry just needed to get that off my chest! lol

Remarkably though, I just absolutely adore your work Soular and that you can get me so riled up is testament to your amazing talents as a writer. I loathe your characters but there is something so endearing and addictive about this train wreck-esque situation that I am just dying to know where you're going to take it! I can't wait for the next installment of this, it's so frustrating but portrayed so very brilliantly that I just have to read until the end whether there be redemption or not

lheureauxlheureauxabout 14 years ago

*sighs* No matter how much Simon loves Patricia, and I totally believe that he's in love with his wife ( imo his affair with Ella is somehow linked to her looking like and having some of the attributes of a young Patricia), until he seeks professional help, he's never going to stop be able to completely understand his impulses to cheat with Ella and will continue to destroy his marriage and relationship with Patricia.

Finding out the true identity of her husband's mistress at this point SEEMS to be the only way this cycle will end. It seems like as long as Simon and Ella share this secret, Simon will be resigned to pretending he's strong enough to resist temptation. He isn't as he's proven time and time again.

Ella is immature and has so many issues that it's doubtful she can stick to leaving him alone for long either unless she moves out, finds some other interests in life (job and/or careerwise and friends) and makes a life outside of her mother, her mother's husband and their marriage. Simon can't be her be all and end all.

Whatever happens, this next chapter is truly is a pivotal one with Patricia now knowing the length of time Simon's been unfaithful, which really is a jaw dropper, and her having kicked him out. Now that he's finally getting a taste of what he has to lose and has less proximity to Ella, maybe it will make a difference.

Can't wait to see what path you take us down with this next chapter.

darknesscallingdarknesscallingabout 14 years ago
Ella and Simon all the way.=D

Oh no, from what I'm seeing am I the only one who wants Simon and Ella together? I'm starting to get a little worried now because I really really do want to see them together! Sure, it would be nice for Patricia to find someone else too, but PLEASE not with Simon. And I'm sorry someone has been posting your work as their own. I wish their was a way you could find out who it was...Still, keep up the amazing work..Can't wait for Chapter 6 x

thelaughterthelaughterabout 14 years ago
Simon just comes off so weak and a bit pervy. I'm desperately holding out hope for him, but...

I really hope he can show some attributes of an alpha male hopefully soon if he truly wants to mend his marriage to Patricia. I think the only thing he can do to prove that he is remorseful and really does value his marriage (other than not having sex with Ella again) is to get counseling. He should get it whether Patricia asks him to or not.

His professor friend said that he had better figure out what he could do or offer to his wife and that is about the only thing I can see that would keep Patricia from divorcing him immediately for carrying on a year long affair. He also needs to tell Ella that she needs to make plans to move out of his house on the expectation that he and Patricia can somehow reconcile. Obsessions take time to get over and the temptation can't be readily available.

Simon also needs to be prepared to have Patricia on his ass checking up on him. He seemed resentful when she wanted to know who he was texting. Get ready to have to present full disclosure on your movements and whereabouts at all times buddy boy. lol

Please let Patricia get some finally. She's a beautiful woman that had to fend off the attentions of a man on her trip to Atlanta. I doubt it's an isolated occurrence. And I hope Simon finds out about it and suffers as his ass should OVER PATRICIA and not just the crap he's doing with Ella. I really don't want Patricia to join the ranks of the adulterers. Simon and Ella have provided enough sleaze. But I hope he thinks Patricia is having revenge sex and flips out. It would serve him right. I still can't get over the fact that he gave into Ella's teasing and started the affair because "he might not get another chance like that." Lawd ha'mercy!

Please Simon, show me something other than selfishness, stupidity and horniness. Do you have a shred of character and some brains? lol I think Patricia makes him a better man, but he doesn't have to be perfect. She loves him, and he can be himself with her. He just needs to realize it and get help for those areas where he's extremely weak and stupid.

As for his feelings for Ella. Of course, he has feelings for her. He did before they started the affair. He wanted better for her as a stepfather and because she's Patricia's daughter. Now those appropriate feelings have become all jumbled up with inappropriate ones that are fueled by the clandestine nature of an affair: the excitement and danger heightening the whole thing. It's an illusions with no substance. Once again, counseling is the answer to sorting all of this out.

I'm not opposed to Patricia finding out about Simon and Ella. (I could see Myra letting something slip that opens Patricia's eyes.) I think she's the strongest of the three actually. As long as she rebuilds her life (with or without Simon), gains self esteem and a real enjoyment of life and makes changes in the areas that aren't fulfilling (like her job), I'm good. Perhaps she needs to take a job that might pay less but makes her happy. Ella may just have to get a job to help with the bills if Patricia moves out of Simon's house still in the dark as to the affair.

As for Ella, I really want her to find true love. I think then she might understand Simon's dilemma. Nolan may not turn out to be the love of her life, but perhaps a relationship with him can help her learn to value and undestand what a balanced and nurturing relationship based on real love and respect is like. Then she'll have that experience to build on in later relationships. She gets neither of those things from Simon. Even though he's breached the trust of his marriage, he's already pledged those things to Patricia.

I know Ella brought this on herself, and while she deserves every bit of the heartache and pain she's getting from Simon, well, I'm a softy, I guess. Except where Simon is concerned. He can't suffer enough for me, and especially if it's on account of thnking/fearing he'll lose Patricia. And I don't dislike him, but there are consequences for every action. Carrying on a year long affair justifies mucho suffering on his part for me.

Hurry up and post. It's been too long. lol

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
What Happened to Chapter 6 that was on the way???

Hey, what happened to Chapter 6 that was on the way?? I have been checking, but nothing. Are you still planning to finish the story? I sure hope so. As a writer, you will get positive and negative comments. And even though you are so supposed to be thick-skinned, you are still human. But in the end, this is YOUR story. And you are a DARN FINE WRITER. So, don't...do not let anyone take that gift away from you. And always finish what you start...

Nyeesha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Story is called Gabriella

I can't imagine why this story should end with Simon and Patricia reconciling. It is a love story/romance featuring Ella as the protagonist. That being said, the last chapter and many of the other chapters lead me to believe that Simon is no where near falling in love with Ella. He appears to be a a guy in his late 30s coasting on hormones. At the same time, he doesn't appear to love Patricia or to have even a friendship with her. Married couples go out (dinner, theater, movie night, etc.) and they usually have mutual/shared friends. Did he just lose interest in Patricia when his affair with Ella started or was their marital relationship always so mute? Also I do agree with another reader that chapter after chapter we keep seeing the same trends and no real progress in the relationship between the characters (Ella and her mother; Ella and Simon); though I've seen changes in the relationship between Ella and Nolan. I suppose that I am also puzzled why Simon didn't reach out more to his best friend of so many years. When Patricia threw him out it was the perfect opportunity for him to show up at his best friend's doorstep and fight, reconcile, confide. The story is obviously well-written, and the plot ingeniously crafted.This is why readers are so drawn in to the point of commenting. But I would say rise to the occasion. You are a very good writer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Bittersweet

I hate to love this story!

AzanianHeatAzanianHeatover 13 years ago
Love your writing...

but deeply dislike all three these characters. I read some of the comments posted and I'm with the ones who want to see some sort of development. But regardless of what the upcoming chapters say, I'd like to mention that it's been very difficult to stick around with characters who make me wanna slap them at every turn!

:)

Gabriella is selfish, disrespectful (to the others as well as herself) and delusional. Simon is immature, reckless and a bit of a parasite. And Patricia. *Sigh*

Patricia is just plain exhausting with the lack of self-esteem; lack of courage; and the constant self-abuse.

Poor Nolan.

I am, however, continuing. On to the next chapter, though I would like it noted that (with any other writer) I would've jumped ship by Chapter 2. I dedicate this show of loyalty to the brilliance that is Seven Days.

Plus, as good as you are, I'm hanging with hopes that the ending will be a pleasant surprise. Though I don't know what would please me at this point...

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
The only word

to describe Simon is pathetic. Not much of a man at all, and very hard to have compassion for.

Jujubee50Jujubee50over 13 years ago
I have to agree with the previous comment

Simon is pathetic!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Love the writing but Simon is a sorry excuse for a man. Ella has no respect for a woman who worked two jobs to support them and give her a good life. And Simon keeps falling abck into the same old trap despite the fact he LOVES his wife. There is just no development in the two sorry human beings they just keep circling and destroying eachother....and Patricia who doesn't deserve it.

NefatiriNefatiriover 13 years ago
Loyalty

Like the other reader commented, loyalty is probably all that's keeping me reading this story. Seven Days was absolutely brilliant and so was Damn Dress........the writing itself is still very good but dear Lord your characters are unlikeable! And all very silly really. Still, Gabriella is the worst of the lot and I seriously suspect she's not as hot as she thinks she is. Simon is well, full of shit and I am not sure he's entitled to all the self torment he's giving himself, he's not really sorry so what's the point of all the angst???

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
cant believe...

you know what im not one to exaggerate how much i love a story and i hardly comment, but this story in my opinion cannot be compared to the other two. Dnt get me wrong i enjoyed the other 2 story but this one is so different and real.

Love is selfish and relationships are nt all happy and uncomplicated so I am so glad that you manage to show this. I do like gabriella as oppose to how others said they dont. i love your story and i really really hope that this one will end just as well as the others

thanks for sharing with us. I like this new direction you take.

dairetodairetoover 10 years ago
My heart is breaking

For them all.

So sad

mitchawamitchawaabout 10 years ago
Elle's confession

Your presentation of Elle's confession of her love for Simon is one of the best, emotional, and thoughtful erotic scenes I've ever read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wow

I have never in all my time on this earth ever registered the tin man and love! But my god the way you present the written word; leaves me speechless! I read that part to my boyfriend and he said that is something he'd pay money to read in a novel! I sure hope you are using your talent, cause you certainly have a gift!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Thanks

Wow, this is a terrific story and three believable entwined characters. I am very grateful you wrote it and inpressed by your skill. I hope you keep writing. Is your work available elsewhere?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersoular@soular
3/2/24: Oh, goodness people. I'm sorry I have taken this long to get back to Gabriella. I know many of you have sent me feedback and I have not responded, and I do apologize for that. I just wanted to post a reminder that any works you see of mine posted anywhere else but Lit...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES