All Comments on 'Gamer Goddess Ch. 01'

by Tx Tall Tales

Sort by:
  • 116 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Delivered again!!

Interesting how you chose gamer as your topic for this one. Enjoyed the story and the characters. More depth would be great though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Amazing, can't wait for ch. 2.

cliqueggecliqueggeover 11 years ago
Good shit

I like the way you construct the story - Im enjoying it - again.

Thank you

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
Very Weird : Matrix/ Mickey Spillane-ish Clipped Speak !

I'm so not a gamer & won't claim to be the ideal demographic for this story. The gaming sagas seemed interminable at times with cyber Viking sagas of virtual loot & pillaging. Yawn. Once the real life particulars of both characters surfaced, the intrigue factor perked up.

Big props to author for stepping out of his comfort zone and doing his best to keep gamer neophytes like me in the loop. Deft use of Covey's 7 habits Win/Win psychology in terms of these two misfits learning to trust.

Usually I'd rate this 4 stars for the literary experience but will refrain from voting because I know cyber warriors will think this story is the virtual bees knees.

harristharristover 11 years ago
Wow what a build up!

Can't wait for the next installment. I've read everything you've posted here, some have been truly phenominal; but, this series has the potential to be your best {IMHO}.

Thanks again for sharing your imagination with your fellow literoticans.

Gamergirl10Gamergirl10over 11 years ago
I'm in!!

I'm with Steve--in for the long haul!

Your reeled me in with gamer talk & lingo (admittedly of a game I've never tried, because I'm a wimp, but still) and a great set up. Two normal people, playing in fantasy, never expecting to take off the curtain and de-shroud their lives for each other. I can't wait to see where it goes next, please don't keep us readers on the edge of our seats for too long--we might fall off! ;)

kalharrikalharriover 11 years ago
nice

I love your work. I play that game and was in the beta as well. memory lane at the start of the story. :) looks to be shaping up nicely.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Omg

That's exactly how I met my boyfriend.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Awesome

I have been reading this site for like 3 years and have never left a comment but as a gamer playing diablo and WoW i have to say I love this story and can't wait for the next chapter

Jim44444Jim44444over 11 years ago
Got me hooked.

I ain't a gamer and almost gave up on this at first. Any other author and I would have bailed before the end of page 1. But now I look forward to chapter 2. You have developed an interesting set of characters, including Max. Worth the 5stars.

m48gunnerm48gunnerover 11 years ago
Scary

Fun, but waiting for the bottom to drop out and for it to hit the fan...

SoldierAtWarSoldierAtWarover 11 years ago

I've never read a story on here that I haven't skipped through parts.... until now. Oh my fucking god. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Amazing. I've never left a comment before, but I've always enjoyed your stories. You've outdone yourself here, with a mix of eroticism and realism, with real, developed characters. Enjoyed this very much.

fritsaufritsauover 11 years ago
Not a gamer

I am not a gamer, wrong generation. Some of the wording is a bit alien to me, hence I rated this 4 stars, otherwise it would have been 5. This is not a criticism, just me.

Thanks. I enjoy most of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
almost forgot

I am a gamer....I got so into the talk about D3 and the gear I almost forgot I was reading an erotic story!! Best story I've ever read on this site!! Can't wait for the rest!! Good job!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Well, Triple T

I'm no gamer either, but with the glossary going in, a few extra brain cells, and a bridge background (and a lifetime ton of unrequited lust), I was able to define what is an absolutely great plot, some terrifically erotic writing, and a story that has enough suspense to rate a ten, if they would put it on the chart.

And you must be retired for some time, or how would you have had time to play games enough to learn all that "stuff"?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

I don't think I've ever seen a story here that writes both gaming and characters so convincingly. And a great balance of sexiness and romantic progression, too. I'm most impressed.

domrogerdomrogerover 11 years ago
Wrong

You are wrong to suggest that a non-gamer would not enjoy this story ,I loved it .

I hate snow and ice but still enjoy MugsyB's ice hockey stories .

Keep up the good work .

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

First comment after many years of lurking. I think this is a great story for the non-gaming types and exception for those that do play D3. The game is very important to both of their lives and the excellent, detailed (and correct) treatment of what they're doing in game, and how they're doing it, makes it impeccably real.

Hats off to the author.

Prowler39Prowler39over 11 years ago
Woot!

Outstanding. Looking forward to reading the rest.

Member389Member389over 11 years ago
The proof of a great story...

Is hitting the last page and freaking out because you think it's over. Another terrific story in a long line of excellent writing Tx. Excuse me, I've got to go load up Ch. 02. :)

TheLadyKTheLadyKover 11 years ago
Only one problem...

The only problem with this story is that, as a new reader on Literotica, I now have the bar set very, very high...

Thank you for a peak into a game I don't play, and a story and characters worth knowing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
there's a bit in Shakespeare

specifically Taming of the Shrew where the anti-hero launches into a huge monologue built out of very technical falconry jargon. Bill's audience wouldn't have understood more than half of it, a modern audience doesn't stand a snowball in Hell's chance, but the passion and the flow of the play make the meaning clear. Same here; it's almost like abstract painting - the game jargon conveys the emotional meaning even if the reader doesn't have the contextual meaning. Bloody, bloody clever. And a very fine bit of writing - if I have any criticism it's that it's too short; you could have afforded to take a bit more time and colour in the background a bit.

centauri4centauri4about 11 years ago
Nicely written

This story is one of the better written ones I have seen on LitE. Thanks for writing and sharing it! I enjoyed the lead up to the details and the pace at which everything is unfolding.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Well I'm Going to start a Hxc Char...

A frequent for about 6 years now I have never felt the NEED to comment on any story. This story is masterfully done. You have managed to create an emotional connection I haven't seen outside of fantasy epics. Looking forward to reading the others.

DarthOmixDarthOmixabout 11 years ago
Cute and Sexy

Was a little curious at the start with the little dictionary of terms, but loving it by the end.

TENOUTTATEN.

daemoniakdaemoniakabout 11 years ago
Exceptional

You are one of my favorite authors here, but I really think you outdid yourself on this one. I could try and list why it pleased me, but I doubt I could do it justice. Awesome. Exceptional. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
The Feels

Maybe the only writer I've found with this much personality in all the characters. Feels less like reading the usual stuff on here and more like an actual novel. 10 out of 5, good enough for me to write something for the first time after 6 or 7 years on here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Wow ! Amazing

This is very different from anything I've read here and the gaming is perfect too.

They're likeable which is nice. Great stuff!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
excellent!

so real, hopeful and well written. thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
That was unreal! Thanks!!!

That was unreal! Thanks!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Wow

I'm truly amazed at the depth you've managed to capture in this story. Best story that I have read on here and the only one I've ever commented on.

SerpensiumSerpensiumabout 11 years ago
Most Excellent

Your grasp of D3 is flawless, and I was quickly drawn in by the accuracy of the terminology, as it is obvious you've played Diablo quite extensively, and recently, as well. I really felt a connection to the characters; I know a story on Literotica is good when I find myself unwilling to think of it in a purely sexual way, and that's not a common occurrence for me. You are a truly talented writer, and I look forward to reading more of your work.

a_libertinea_libertinealmost 11 years ago
Damn son

You are a real pleasure to read.

AnnaLinguistAnnaLinguistalmost 11 years ago
Gaming???

You deserve a prize for making me care about a crazy man-hating chick in a story about gaming. Well-played, sir!

bubbatxmanbubbatxmanalmost 11 years ago
Why are you doing this for free?

Seriously dude, I have read most of your story series and most of them are amazing. I'm in Dallas as well, we need to hook you up with a publisher.

SteellordSteellordalmost 11 years ago
Awesome!

Dude I love your stories! I've been a Diablo player since the original came out. This story is absolutely great.

upxxsprrupxxsprralmost 11 years ago
you are fantastic writer

tXtALLtALES YOUR top notch writer I 've read many stories here but since I found your @ illustrated love I try to read all your stories if topic is of interest. This one is I think as this progresses it will only get better never played diablo but have other games.you have a way of getting the reader into the writing keep up the great works

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thank you for writing this!

And screw you for keeping me up all night.

NemlepNemlepover 10 years ago
Just great

Brilliant piece of writing mixing the fun of gaming into the story. Looking forward to getting into reading chapters 2 and 3 :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
great story

Awesome story that i overlooked for too long. I am glad i finally started this because i will definitely finish it today.

dchapleauxdchapleauxover 10 years ago
Incredible

I loved hearing terms and stuff that is actually used by players. Great immersion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Very Impresive writing

The best work on the net

LouisCipher01LouisCipher01over 10 years ago
Didn't expect much...

I didn't think I would enjoy this story, not being a gamer myself. Now I am pulling for Cherry and Ace! Gotta read more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thank you for the ride!

It's been quite enjoyable so far. I like the words you use. They don't feel forced or overthought. Bravo, writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
OMG!!

Ok, so that seems story of Valley girlish but this has been an awesome story...

A beautiful look at the positive side of the web's anonymity...

Though the "damage" to them both kind of came late, in truth, it makes for a better story since it's background rather than the actual story...

Can't wait for more...

InnocentNotInnocentNotover 10 years ago
love it!

More comments after I read the whole thing. I'm a gaming chick, so enjoying this mightily. I'm very drawn in.

wordsinthedustwordsinthedustover 10 years ago
not my normal fare

but I'm glad I read it! I thought at first I'd get lost in the sea of acronyms, but it picked up and rolled nicely. I look forward to reading the rest...

sett131sett131over 10 years ago
Bar none best I've ever read

Just Want To Say I've Been Reading On This Site For 7+ Years And Never Once Felt Like A Story Was Worth Me Commenting. But You Sir Are An Extremely Good Author Of Adult Fiction I've Read Published Books That Are No Where Near As Good As This. Also I'd Like To Say After A 4+ Hour Marathon Reading Session And Staying Up Till 3Am Which Is Also A First For Me That This Is The Best Story That I Have Ever Read Other Than Actual Published Works And After Finishing All 3 Chapters. This Has Gotten Me Extremely Interested In Looking Into RLeading More Gamer Stories And Finally This Story Has Gotten Me To Want To Play Diablo 3 Again And I Haven't Played Since About 2 Months After It Released So Thank You For A Wonderful Story Far Above My Expectations Of This site

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I didn't expect this

I wasn't expecting it to be so amazing. This really is great work. Keep it up man, you could go places with this kind of writing.

capnpuppycapnpuppyover 10 years ago
Absolutely fantastic.

One of the absolute best stories on the site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

Banger1001Banger1001over 10 years ago
Fucking awesome!

I just finished the first chapter, and I'm hooked. Damn fine writing.

GMX_The_ThinkerGMX_The_Thinkerover 10 years ago
I'm an exacting critic

I liked most of this story - by which I mean that I actively enjoyed the content, rather than stuck with it during writing between enjoyable scenes. Great concept and good execution.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Powned it

I am not used to reading a good gaming flow, and a good story all at once. I am really glad there are more chapters to read! Keep it up! /Cough...

SerenityScarletSerenityScarletabout 10 years ago
Awesome!

At first, I never thought the story will go like this. The 'twist' make it even more exciting! I love it! ♥

Noble_TruthNoble_Truthabout 10 years ago
I really suck at Diablo

But this story was a fun read. Thanks for sharing.

NT

jonthechaosmanjonthechaosmanabout 10 years ago
Excellent!

The Gamer Goddess is my favorite series on Lit. Love the characters and it tells an awesome story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
great story

i usually come here looking for a different type of story, but i gave it a go and was very pleasantly surprised. surprised enough to make my first comment. i really liked this story, all 3 parts. i think i preferred the first 2 parts but i still rate the 3rd part 4 out of 5.

great writing. thanks for the story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Woooooos

Ok like everyone else I came here looking for something I could get hard and fantazise about...but...wooow; just woow. I was pulled in from the first word and that's something rare to find on this site. There are some others but not all of them can pull me and hold me to every word, every interaction like your story here. In fact i think i found a new favorite writer on here. I'd like to say thank you for sharing this!! Now pardon me while I stall getting ready for work by finding and starting chapter 2

-ShadowSaber

KelteriserKelteriseralmost 10 years ago
Gamer loving the Gaming Story

I game myself though i play different types of games - COD Ghosts is my current favourite. I live in UK and I use the XBOX360 to talk to my sons online from Ireland where they live. So it is a different kind of experience. I am also a much older gamer (58) I read and read and totally enjoyed your story, Sheri seems gorgeous, delicate, and obviously fragile and the main character likewise.

What I liked most was the reality of the story, these could be two very real people

Thank you, good story I totally enjoyed

CantariusCantariusalmost 10 years ago
Wow

I've read many of your stories and enjoyed them all. This one struck a chord that I didn't know I had. Exceptional. Thank you.

TrixareforkidsTrixareforkidsalmost 10 years ago
I'm not a gamer

But I'm very glad I gave this a shot. Excellent writing, good compelling storyline. Best writing I've seen here yet. I'm an avid reader and this really is as good as most and better than some print books I've read. If the rest of the series is this good you've got a new fan.

SevenSquaredSevenSquaredalmost 10 years ago

Very nice story, or at least the start of one. The characters and their backgrounds are very solid and believable (well, for porn anyway, lol). I've never played Diablo 3. I was going to buy it on release but then I started reading about all the problems they had at the start and I was turned off and I never got around to it in the end. You've inspired me to give it a go, I imagine it's available on budget release now :)

If I had to suggest one area for improvement (which I always try to do) it would be that the narrative through the first half of the story is a bit wooden. Just lots of details about Diablo then some dialogue between the two protagonists. It would have liked to know a bit more about what Steve was thinking as their relationship developed. Maybe have a scene where he was somewhere other than at his PC. I understand that you wanted to keep both their backgrounds murky for a while, which is fine, but it was quite hard work to be interested in his character because nothing was really offered for four pages.

Anyway, that one small thing aside, great work. :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Warning: beginning is hardwork , but this story will be a Classic , so stick with it

the game chat is a bit hard to get to grips with.

(and i am a gamer used to that style of chat)

it's only @ page 2 or 3 that as a reader you start to appreciate the foundations for the story that the earlier pages provide .

by the time you finish the chapter , its obvious the story could/would not work without it

the Author has created something very,very special here . one of the most captivating storys on Literotica ,

it's one of those storys that could easy be published

if it was fleshed out / extended .

as is , it's on my all time top5 of storys i have seen here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Writing is good.

Writing is skillful, but find that the writer is a typical male chauvinistic egoist. In his stories the character is allowed to screw his wife's girlfriend in front of her, but the girlfriend not allowed the same with other guys.

DiminutiveDameDiminutiveDameover 9 years ago
Thank you.

That was awesome. I have only read this chapter so far but that was great! As a nerd and big gamer the story touch a little fetish of mine but the way you write I simply adore.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well done

As a gamer, and something of a writer myself, I have to say this is one of your best pieces. Very well done, for whatever value one person's opinion has. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
have you been listening in?

I can't believe how close to RL this story is and now I'm embarrassed that I've said this..........you were listening to my skype, weren't you?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
skull-nation23

First ,you had my curiosity… but now you have my attention. Keep up the good work

joaribjoaribover 9 years ago
One of the best

That is one of the best stories, I have read on literotica. So well written. A lot of people could learn from your writing style.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Thank you

This is a fantastic piece of writing, I have read well over a thousand pieces

of fiction on this site and can and will happily state that this is a fantastic tale

so far. I will comment further after I have read the next chapter.

Only story I have ever commented on or rated, which should tell

you much I rate it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Still the story I come back to

I have read hundreds of stories over the past few years and this is still the one that I think about when I ponder the best stories of literotica. Thank you for this.

gunmakergunmakeralmost 9 years ago

Sorry it's taken me so long to find this. It's really good. Now I've got to read the rest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great story.

Really enjoying this story. Much better than your cabin story, no offense. I actually know people like this in rl, and the story is well written.

rabbitreaderrabbitreaderover 8 years ago
Fun story, with several twists!

I love this author's work, and finally worked my way through his many tales until I got to this one. I love the gamer twist and the 'damaged goods' tangent as well. He really knows how to spin a yarn, as well as get down and dirty with the sex. The best stories, like this one (I'm sure) will have the best of each. Keep on writing Sir!

maddictmaddictover 8 years ago
A fine tall tale.

I'm not a game player (I never had enough quarters, asteroids, pacman.) The gamers language not a problem. A good story will always be a joy to read. I started reading on my tv, moved to the tablet, I'm trying to keep up with tech, think this story will help.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Amazing

Very well written. I'm what you call the "neckbeard". Haha... Except, I have my own place, don't live with mom. lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Diablo III

Hardcore characters are mortal so you can't resurrected him when he dies!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Pretty sure ur a noob with decent research

Hardcore characters cannot come back to life, your account is deleted and all progress as well as real money spent is lost. Not sure about this game but in runescape, irons and hardcore irons cant trade anything except bonds

SatanChristJrSatanChristJrover 7 years ago
Well Shit, Nice job

I was literally going through the entire database here to find some shit story I saw a while back, when I came across this. A much better find to be sure, making that effort worth it. Please keep it up matey, not enough good stories like this as far as I'm concerned, real quality.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I liked it just fine.

Take it easy on the noobs. We all had to start someplace. ;-)

Sign me Horsa -- CB138, Total Levels 2666 and still climbing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great

I've read a few stories on here over the years, but so far this is my favorite. I really enjoy how down to earth and slightly geeky it is, resonates with me. Very good read so far, moving on to chapter two!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Well done. need more plz ;)

Huge fan of Diablo. Spent endless hours playing Diablo 3. Lost way to many hardcore characte. Surprised to find a story with Diablo 3 allover it and skype sex ontop of that. Just cause i knew everything that was going on made me love this even more. 2 Thums up keep up the good work. Need more ;)

OnethirdOnethirdabout 7 years ago
Paydirt

Nice scenario. I'm not a Diablo person, more of a WOW guy, but it all works. We've all listened to gamer girls and fantasized about how they look- seems like almost every female voice you hear sounds sexy. The skyping is fun- I look forward to the next parts of the story.

JasonRTaylorJasonRTayloralmost 7 years ago
One of a kind...

A Legendary Gem!

Seriously, a very fun story with convincing dialogue and genuine characters. Not looking forward to the 'bumps', been there, done that, didn't survive the hardcore mode. That said, I'm hoping you'll write endings better than RL, the opening act certainly blows away anything from this side of the screen!

J

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
There's never been another story like this

The first time I read this story was two years ago, and believe me, I've read a lot of stories since then, erotic and otherwise. This is still at the top of the list. There ain't never been a story like this, and I doubt there'll ever be another one like it. Fantastic work, if I could give you more stars than 5, I would.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Brilliant!

This has to be the first time I have ever gotten emotionally invested in an erotica character. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Never Get Tired of Rereading This

I can't remember how many times I've reread this series. It's just that good. For some stories, 5 stars is not enough. This is one of those.

Nthusiastic

MitiandrenMitiandrenabout 6 years ago
Gamer to Gamer

I've played WoW for 10 years, and was a gamer long before I started that game. I've read all sorts of stories where gaming was a core part. Unlike most of them, this captures the world we play in perfectly. In ways that a non-gamer wouldn't get, MMORPGs are about the people we play with. This relationship echos that world, and even if I hadn't invested in these characters more intensely than almost any I have ever met in books, this would rate five starts just for how well it shows our subculture. Having said that, invest I did. Reading about the trauma and it's impact was incredibly moving, far more than I would have expected. I hope you write more like this,

Thank you.

GoldDust0402GoldDust0402almost 6 years ago

Hey, it's me again - the anonymous comment from Jan 27. Two and a half years after I read this story for the first time... Shit, I still can't believe how good it is. Thank god you tagged it as exhibition, or I never would have found one of the best love stories out there. Really, I can't begin to tell you how much I love this story. Thank you so much for sharing it with the world.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
3rd time reading

This story could be a novel of its own ....after 2 years and still one of fav.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Better constructed than most of your other stories. Not that they are junk or anything, just that this one is better.

The only negative is the trope is a bit hackneyed. But it is better than I could write.

mgringomgringoover 5 years ago
Great character building

I like how you surprise the reader, however I'm not sure if your gamer grrrlll is a consistent character. You may want to move a little slower with trust issues. In any case, you tell a good story, Tall.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
gamer girl and relationship is a bit overdone

her being a noob is kind of overemphasized, and it's hard to see how they get from "friends with benefits" to "together" so quickly. One second it's "show me your tits" and the next its "I love you" and in a legitimate, non-heat of the moment type, way??

shareher4funshareher4funalmost 5 years ago
Well done, thank you

It’s quite a nice read. I’m looking forward to the next chapters!

SCK201SCK201about 3 years ago

4 stars, only because I found the gaming bit a little boring. But I got though it, and now things are warming up. As usual though well written.

NScioliNScioliabout 3 years ago

As a gamer, Thank You. As another gamer said, you managed to capture our culture and loyalty to each other. It's good to see us in a different light than usual.

Very well done.

Helping the female lead work through trauma, also well done. It was thoughtful and moving.

Thank you. I wish you had more stories like it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Not how levels work in Diablo 3

Aside from levels not working like that in Diablo 3, it was decent.

The game only really starts once you hit max level and can start grinding for gear.

Even soloing, a top player can max their level in a matter of hours.

Or do it in 5 minutes with the help of a buddy.

So nobody would be impressed by someone being higher level. Everyone hits max level too quickly for that.

BobTheSkullBobTheSkullover 2 years ago

As a MMO player, I really liked the environment and the characters grew on me. For me, wondering if either of them were going to be something other than what they seemed was a major reason to like it. Once it became clear that both were since, the loyalty of the family and the buddies made me continue to care.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTx Tall Tales@Tx Tall Tales
20410 Followers
The only thing constant is change. A new State, a new City, a new Job, and new Stories (coming soon).

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES