All Comments on 'Garage Sale'

by moreandmore

Sort by:
  • 129 Comments
6King6King8 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

MattblackUKMattblackUK8 months ago

Sad story repeated so many times in real life. 5*.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy8 months ago

It sounds like he really cleaned house!

5

johntcookseyjohntcooksey8 months ago

G-5. Good to see a new story. As always, an enjoyable read. Thanks much.

ReedRichardsReedRichards8 months ago

Five stars for originality.

ibuguseribuguser8 months ago

I don't like BTBs and this one is with font size 64 B.

But it's written damn well and I have no choice but to give it 5*.

Avalon101Avalon1018 months ago

A really well written story, i just love the way we get more and more of what is happening. 5 stars from me

MightyheartMightyheart8 months ago

Loved it.

Original Stuff.

Keep writing

afanoffanlitafanoffanlit8 months ago

Very nice. I think the idea makes sense.....and when she said "it was only on the road" any concept of working things out went from ashes to ashes mixed with manure for mulch.

Well written!!

Karn9Karn98 months ago

Good different BTB story! 5*

jmmj5jmmj58 months ago

Enjoyed that.

A little harsh, but them's the breaks.

numbnutz49numbnutz498 months ago

Short and to the point! Yet, it definitely told the whole story without the filler most LW stories on this site have done over recent weeks!

MwestohioMwestohio8 months ago

Garage sale. Nice setting

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft8 months ago

Stout work! I love the economy of your text and how the story unfolds with no wasted words. Max ratio of burn to word count. 5 *

Busman19639Busman196398 months ago

A BTB garage sale! What a novel idea.

imhaplessimhapless8 months ago

Original -- I like original! 5*

dob092095dob0920958 months ago

Great story. While I like the physical BTB, the mental may be even better.

WisquejacWisquejac8 months ago

Good story as always. Thanks.

someoneothersomeoneother8 months ago

Chad will end up paying the full value of everything sold after the family court gets through, and the cost of lawyers arguing about valuation will be far more than the the original value of the stuff.

The story should have been called "Sucker."

Hiker66BikerHiker66Biker8 months ago

I hate BTB stories but 4 stars.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster18 months ago

Nicely done...

...the snark to her friend and her was well done, andvthe story definitely earned 5 stars.

SkubabillSkubabill8 months ago

M&M, good to see you back. This was one of your best in a long time. Five stars.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggart8 months ago

Garage sale revenge, thats quite inventive. 5 stars just for the uniqueness and the quite enjoyable dialogue.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc8 months ago

Well written but could have used more depth rather than rushing through the garage sale central yheme. 4.5*

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar8 months ago

A creative and well done story. 5* from me.

Just_WordsJust_Words8 months ago

Good story well told. 5*****! Thank you. The 1st half leading up to the confrontation was especially good. As Iv'e said before, "If only it were that easy."

sem999sem9998 months ago

Love it .

5 stars .

mattenwmattenw8 months ago

At least he didn't just burn the things but made good money from them. What she will suffer most, however, is that many of the souvenirs are no longer there! I think that's a very good reaction!

turbomizeturbomize8 months ago

Brief and concise. Very good, as always. One of the best writers, magnificent works. Thanks greetings

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Ripper! M&M hits the spot yet again. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Great little number. Well done.

5

LoneandlevelLoneandlevel8 months ago

Glad to see one of my favorites still at it. My boy gets more done in a page than most do in 5, still packs all the rage and angst with a twist of humor.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Keep em coming moreandmore!!!! So thankful for authors who tell stories of men with backbone and character. Deanne didn't get 1/2 of what the cheating skank slut deserved, but it was enough to bring some solid pain into her life! Loved it!

leofric35leofric358 months ago

Nice original take. Thanks for the work.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Just an excellent example of a well written “bitch is getting dumped for cheating” story.

.

Sure, little new ground broken….the garage sale was a bit of new way to do it….but all the elements were there. Wife playing on business trips, and hubby obviously found out. So he told family, and planned his exit. Seems she had a neighbor who knew about her, and hubby blew her off. Silly wife made a strained attempt to save things —- and ran into a brick wall. A wall she seems to have built brick by brick (fuck by fuck) while on her trips. Perfect BTB.

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Love the short effective stories, right to the point. *5*

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

'Echoes returned after years in hiding.'

Wow. The perfect description of an empty house.

Even if the story was pure crap (and it wasn't) I still give you a five for that sentence alone

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

She gave away the marriage so he sold the crap ? Novel idea.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

She could easily prove the jewelry and furniture as it likely was acquired through probate and even if not, her family could testify to how it was acquired. Any judge would have hammered him for this. His stunt would have cost him a lot of money in the divorce.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Good story. Don’t do this in real life. The judge will make you reimburse it and in some states there is a lawsuit possible.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A different perspective Nice

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I very seldomly like short stories. But I really liked this one for some reason.

l0ver0tical0ver0tica8 months ago

Great BTB story. I'd hate to be in her shoes. Oh, wait, those were sold, lol...

muskyboymuskyboy8 months ago

I love BTB stories. Should have burned the cheaters much worse.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The handwritten instructions the wife prepared for him would be really important if the wife attempted legal action to recover the full value of items she brought to the marriage. Her directives should have been detailed in the story. It would be a test of an author's skill with words and double entendre to see how throughly the wife might inadvertently screw herself through her hubris in leaving commands for her husband to carry out while she was engaged in adulterous sluttery on a business trip. M&M would be up to the challenge.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Awesome! He hit her with everything that meant something to her and she could do nothing because she was fucking around in another city. Love it.

enderlocke77enderlocke778 months ago

Umm good thing she isn't vindictive. The Mc lucked out there. Shit the shoes alone would have been enough

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

He is a small man.

RzcanuckRzcanuck8 months ago

I like BTB stories so 5 stars.

knoxhardknoxhard8 months ago

I understand the emotions. Let's face it. His family would not have participated. They'd get sued, too. And if they were smart, they'd talk him out of it.

His revenge was over the top. She might have decided to respond in a way that is over the top. That's the problem with responses that are way over the top. Everything escalates.

The problem is that an angry woman is capable of violence. I know a sweet young woman who became so enraged that her old boyfriend didn't come crawling back after she dumped him that she slashed his tires. Yes, she was really drunk. Yes, her friend helped her.

Imagine if the breakup had been his fault. Imagine if he had done something really ugly. Imagine if she was really good friends with a big football player who'd have been happy to beat up some jerk for a little loving. Don't needlessly piss off a woman. She'll get revenge. Even if she was the one in the wrong. When she's mad, logic won't matter.

Hubby sells for peanuts everything his soon to be ex-wife values? She might very well find a way to re-pay him with violence.

dgfergiedgfergie8 months ago

Does no good to pick apart what might or might not be legal in our heroes actions in having a garage sale. This is a work of fiction and we, well at least I, always revel in what the men do in these stories to get 'even' with a lying, cheating, sneaky wife, legalities be damned! Good story and it moved right along with great comebacks from our MC in his short 'talks' with his soon to be ex wife. I was vacillating between 4 and 5 stars and finally settled on 5 stars.

demanderdemander8 months ago

Too bad it wasn't an estate sale. D

FredHuckFredHuck8 months ago

A unique way to BTB... Good Storytelling... Overall an Excellent Story.

5🌟s

Fred

parenthesisparenthesis8 months ago

Thanks I enjoyed this.

MissMudMissMud8 months ago

Creative, I liked it. Legally, he probably had some issues, but this is fiction. I enjoyed it the way you wrote it. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Wonder why the countless cuck tales are still getting very low ratings while almost every BTB, even when very light like this one, keep getting very high ratings. Sadly about 95% of these LW tales are the cuck ones, and just 1 every 50 tales are good balanced BTBs (always welcome) like this one. Good job.

ManoBlueManoBlue8 months ago

Didn’t care for it

Calico75Calico758 months ago

Excellent! So many authors struggle with effective dialog, but you do a great job. Love your stories, M&M!

CaptainbklCaptainbkl8 months ago

Great story. Excellent writing and original plot. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Cheating is like murdering someone. It is the ultimate disrespect and humiliation. Deanne only got what she deserved. She destroyed his life so he returned the favor.

5 stars as usual! Plz keep writing

Omart57Omart578 months ago

Another Great story, M&M! Thank You!

Regguy69Regguy698 months ago

Clever take, MM. I love the concept, though I doubt it would have held up in a real court. Fun read and well written, as always.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

This one should make all the divorced husbands who read these stories, very happy!

nixroxnixrox8 months ago

4 stars - for a decent BTB story and selling ALL HER STUFF was the best part.

I find it interesting that all the idiots below offering legal advice for a fantasy story - like it really matters hahaha

26thNC26thNC8 months ago

More and more I love this author’s style. Great, fairly novel revenge on an arrogant cheating bitch.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A fairly unique twist on the genre. Thanks you. I enjoyed it.

-

@someoneother - Perhaps you should read the ending (again). That was covered. Besides, he seemed fairly confident that it would be worth it even if he did have to pay her for them as the actual items would still be gone.

Harvey8910Harvey89108 months ago

This is a good story! It shows the aftermath of a husband who caught his wife having an affair out of town on him. I loved how well thought-out the process was. She will be coming home to and empty home and was served with divorce papers. There was no discussion and no attempt at reconciliation…..nor should there be. She was only sorry because she was caught. Her husband also made sure that they both suffered at their company because he made sure they knew they ere having an affair while “working” for the merger. He also made sure that the man who was having the affair with his wife will come home to a wife who has been informed of his cheating and another divorce would be happening in the near future. Well done!! I loved the story – well written with a few mistakes but overall a really entertaining story of what happens when your spouse is caught cheating. Fife stars!!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Just another "Process" story: how he found out, the equipment, the PI, the behaviors, the relatives reactions, the legal moves. Maybe someday you can acquire the wit and imagination to tell us something about the People: Why she decided to start fucking David, why she lost respect for herself and her family, what did she say and do after the divorce process started. Did she try to reconcile, did she keep fucking David, did she sell the house or move David in? Yeah, the yard sale was cute, but it was just a cute story about a cute way to pay the bitch back. He could have just as easily sold everything in a lump to an auction company, claiming it was faster and more efficient than a yard sale. But your story was really about how clever and biting the yard sale would be. Did you forget to have him ask her best friend across the street that maybe she should ask his wife if David might want to buy some of the whore's stuff back for her?

\

Its the human element and reaction that makes the story. The methodology is interesting, but its like reading a science fiction story that all about the science and doesn't really have much plot or drama. This story is ripe for a sequel, I hope someone with the chops writes it.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill698 months ago

Now one of my favorites.

BentNotBrokenBentNotBroken8 months ago

Entertaining, as always, M&M. Good to read more of your unique, crafty wordsmithing. Please keep them coming.

GamblnluckGamblnluck8 months ago

Yes the wife will no doubt sue her soon to be ex for getting rid of precious and valuable items for a fraction of their worth. It is akin to a wife who sells her husband's possessions like the car he just restored for a hundred bucks. But he sold ALL the household items, not just hers. That makes him stupid not exactly criminal. It would make it far harder for her to get compensated as well. Oh those coveted items she inherited are going to be where he will pay, but she will never get them back.

I think that this is like cutting your own wrists to bleed on and ruin the value of some favored possession.

I did something similar where the guy took back his work in the house by taking apart everything in the house and giving the wife her half. Not just in value but actually item by item.

Any way you look at it, it is a fun story.

fritz51fritz518 months ago

An absolutely superb piece! Well done… 5 stars.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThree8 months ago

I loved it.

A great way to erase a cheating slut

and all the memories she pissed upon.

Dollars and cents are important to some commenters.

But just think of all the counselors expenses he saves

by having his own yard sale therapy.

Top ratings from me.

Bri29Bri298 months ago

Top quality well done 5⭐️👍

RanDog025RanDog0258 months ago

Good one! 5 BIG ONES!

Corny1974Corny19748 months ago

Clever, different and very enjoyable. A new five star favourite.

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundown8 months ago

Moreandmore is an oasis in a sea of putrid, lame simp/cuck stories that give all the sissies the feels...

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Wow I was starting to wonder if this category,loving wives was just becoming a cuckold category, at least we had a reaction to the cheating

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Average. Three stars. It was contrived and, frankly, almost interesting.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Good story, rushed and shoddy ending.

This is becoming a serious problem lately. 2*

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

"Echoes returned after years in hiding."

F. Scott, where you been so long?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

That's a cool short story... well done

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler8 months ago

Nicely done. Thanks

ragnarok1ragnarok18 months ago

Great story, told well.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Short and to the point. Much appreciated. Five stars.

jlg07jlg078 months ago

Awesome btb story.5*

Crusader235Crusader2358 months ago

Great revenge story, five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A very good story! Quick - short and not so sweet especially for her! Full Marks 5-stars.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I liked it. Well done. A different approach, and I gave it 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

From anonymous of 3 days ago."Echoes returned after years in hiding."

F. Scott, where you been so long?

I loved that line, and it's so true.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Good story. I though it was going to be a sad story of a divorced couple going through their stuff and remembering a story for each item.

Great revenge story

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A great fun story; the hubby was strong, determined and took no shit. He knew he'd have to reimburse her for some of her antiques but he didn't give a damn...pay it from the house proceeds. at least she lost her treasured pieces. Funny story worth 5 stars.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndy8 months ago

Short and to the point of the story! Most importantly I was entertained!!

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

Medussa55Medussa558 months ago

Interesting angle but MC came across as impatient and frail

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermoreandmore@moreandmore
A day without sex is like, um, just kidding. I have no idea. I am judged by what I've done and haunted by what I didn't do. I write stories in an attempt to entertain. If it evokes hate filled or non-constructive comments then I smile while I delete them. I won’t have you...