All Comments on 'Getting Old is a Bitch!'

by Scorpio44

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Ain't it wonderful

Scorpio:

How the sands of time bury bad thoughts, illness, sorrow, and all the bad that we are heir to so that on those nights we are visted with whats left; the good and the pleasant. Thank Tou. Ronnie W.

duddle146duddle146about 18 years ago
Wonderful Story!

Scorpio,

What a wonderful story filled with nostalgia, a certain yearning, yet with grateful acceptance of the years well lived. A relaxed pleasant read. Very enjoyable!

Lady_SilverLady_Silverabout 18 years ago
Not such a bitch

When you have memories of a life well lived, it's not such a bitch after all...and with a great attitude and partner, it can even be an adventure. Wonderful story! Thank you so much.

Blue88Blue88about 18 years ago
No

Growing old with someone you love is wonderful. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Thank You!!!

I loved the treatment of aging you used. I have had a few 2 am's too.It is wonderful growing old with someone you love and still desire. Been there and still doing it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Too In A Row - Strong Work Author

From non-wimp to old wild lover - diverse ecclectic and very entertaining. Stay on the roll.

Thanks Author - With high Regard

Ken NitsuaKen Nitsuaabout 18 years ago
Tender and reminiscent

Nice to read a tale that shows that advanced age doesn't necessarily mean sex becomes just a memory--it can become current reality enriched by past memory. Best, Ken

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Thanks

Just finished "Getting Old is a Bitch" and I loved it. I am 55 and you told the truth. Hope to see more stories from you.

Stephen

PEATBOGPEATBOGabout 18 years ago
It made me feel so good !!

Wow Scorpio, after the vicious revenge of your last story, this was a truly delightful tale! At 68 years of age, I (and my wife for the last 40 years) can confirm that things are not what they were when I was a young buck but thank God for Viagra LOL! In reality, growing old with someone you love has its own compensations. Time has a wonderful way of equalising the good and the bad so that, on the whole, we are left with pleasant, happy memories to keep us warm through the cold nights.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Getting Old is a Pleasure

I don't like the alterative. From a couple who are 75 and 85 you are telling it like we hope it would be. Thanks for a nostalgic tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
It sure is if you want it to be

but my motto is 'live each day for what it has to offer you.

I used to write this in my pupils leaving books as they left the school I taught at to go on to college or sixth form. 'Yesterday History - Tomorrow Mystery - Live for today and enjoy it. The full quote is possibly: Treasure every moment that you have! And treasure it more because you shared it with someone special, special enough to spend your time with. And remember time waits for no one.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 13 years ago
Some are

Some cause much pain - we all just want to live long enough for the good ones to outnumber the bad -

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 13 years ago
Very real

There are many rewards in growing old together. The good memories, the companionship, knowing someone is there for you, the caring for you in sickness and in health, the not minding how each of you have changed in appearance.

That's kinda why I don't understand the "kick em to the Kurb types in every case." If the husband or wife strays...it is not always the end of the world. One has to weigh whether they are better off in moving on or not. If it is automatic divorce for you, I would think that you were looking for an excuse to move on and the wife or husband had good reason to know that...

I say that because I did just that. I divorced because my wife became a cheater. I moved on and I have always felt guilty because that was after 17 years of marriage. We had shared a lot of good experiences as well as bad together before that. But after 15 years I had fallen out of love with her and became a workaholic rather than stay home with her. I spent my free time at home watching sports, hunting and fishing, along with multiple other things rather than be with her.

I was raised to believe that once you got married you stayed married and stayed loyal and faithful. I used her cheating as an excuse to move on and find a woman that I could enjoy being in love with. Someone that I could grow old with because I wanted to. I have been married to the new wife for 33 years and yet the old wife still tells me she loves me and wants me back, doing so through our adopted daughter. She has always asked "Why".

I don't feel so proud that I dumped a cheating wife. I've always felt that I should not have made her fall in love with me to begin with. I came to realize that I was initially just infatuated with her youth and beauty. In my defense, I was all of 18 years old and was going to Viet Nam where I might die.

My point is: There are many reasons a woman might cheat. Such as incompatibilty or feeling lonely and unloved. Divorce is never as easy as these writers make it sound either. Someone has to be hurt and usually that is the entire family that was left. Not to mention the loss of property that the two built up for many years. I think very few divorced couples are rich or successful like in these stories. Most of us have to start life over completely.

This is not a sermon. It's more of a dose of reality that most of you know. I agree with most of you that I cannot understand why this wife did not go to her husband early, or quit the Library. But then...this was a fiction built around the Gadget Man and does not have to be realistic! Good fiction Scopio...

MystykOneMystykOneover 12 years ago
dear ronrwood

sorry sir but your argument is flawed, as is your outlook on life. im sorry but if your ex felt she was missing something it was on her to talk to you about it and get your help to fix the problem. we men tend to get into 'rut mode' where we are happy with the status quo and unable to see that anything is wrong. women need to know this, understand this, and fight to get her man out of the rut and back on track. unfortunately men are usually unable to see this in themselves when it is happening to him so it is up to the woman to decide if it is worth it or not to do. she should make this decision with her husband as a partnership. there is NO excuse to beak vows. if it is decided to not work on the marriage then divorce or separate and move on. breaking the vows as an escape hatch is a way MANY women end their relationships. they are not brave enuff to talk with their husbands. their marriages are not important enuff for them to work on. its sad.

no matter how we may regret a breakup due to a cheating spouse it is unfortunately necessary. once trust is gone it is extremely hard to recapture and to be honest is it worth it? it is unfortunately true that 99% of the time....ONCE A CHEATER ALWAYS A CHEATER! i have seen this in ma many relationships as well as all those around me for many many years. people watching has taught me that people can be pretty predictable in general. this also is sad. LOL

this was a good story. i enjoy the fact you use cool twists and very believable characters who react in real ways! good job. im a gonna fav ya!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Feedback on use of language erotica

Good story that would have been better had erotic slang words been replaced with more appropriate and polite words. Good job nonetheless.

couple4fun4080couple4fun4080over 6 years ago

after 26 years of marriage, my wife and I can relate to this story....short and sweet, just like our lives

Northpacific2017Northpacific2017over 6 years ago
Very well done

A really nice adventure, done with class, Thank you

North

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous