Getting The Facts Straight

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I thought you were having an affair," I told her.

"A what?" Carol screamed back at me.

"I thought you were having an affair. You lied about going out with Tammy and with the decrease in sex and the hushed phone calls, I put two and two together," I told her.

"So without any real proof, you were going to what, throw me out of the house? How come the bags aren't on the front lawn, were you too drunk to drag them out? Have you told the kids yet that their mother is a dirty slut, or were you going to leave that up to me?" she said now shouting. "I can't fucking believe it, you were ready to toss me out without even talking to me," she said throwing one of the bags of clothes at me knocking me over. "Steve, I'm going to shut up right now and go upstairs before I say something I'll regret. I'll be in the spare room tonight, but I expect all my stuff to be put back where it belongs before tomorrow morning; do I make myself clear?" she said with steam coming out of her ears.

"Can't I wait until morning?" I asked.

Let's just say the look that Carol gave me said it all as she walked up the stairs and slammed the door on the spare room.

"Well, the good news is that at least I know now that she's not cheating on me," I said to myself. "The bad news, is that it's going to take me about four hours to put everything back," I thought as I grabbed the first of at least twelve bags.

What time I finally fell asleep I haven't a clue. All I know is that I woke up with a huge hangover lying on our bed. Carol's clothes were in her closet but they didn't look too good. A lot were wrinkled and some weren't hanging too straight on the hangers.

"Well, at least they were all in there again," I said looking at all the empty garbage bags. "I was going to be a dad again," the words from last night came back into my head. However, it sounded like Carol wasn't too happy about being a mother for the third time.

A shower brought me back to the land of the living and after putting on my best face; I went down stairs where Carol and the kids were having breakfast.

"Good morning, and how is everyone feeling today?" I said as they all looked at me wondering what I was on.

"After breakfast we need to talk," Carol said to me as the kids looked on.

"Dad, I think you're in trouble," my son whispered to me.

"I know," I whispered back as I went for some much-needed coffee.

The kids finished and left in a big hurry. I guess they didn't want to be a witness to my murder.

"In my defense, look at it from my perspective," I started. "What would you think if I turned you down for sex at least five times and refused to even cuddle with you? On top of that, if I said I was going out with Tom and you found out I'd lied to you, wouldn't you have been a little suspicious?" I told her making my case.

"I'll grant you that, but I would have grabbed you by the balls and told you, 'Steve, if you're cheating on me sucker, I'm going to have these bronzed and put on my mantle,' I sure as hell wouldn't have packed your shit up in garbage bags and had it waiting for you when you decided to come home. Your stuff would have been scattered on the front lawn with the sprinklers turned on, or in a smoldering pile after I'd had a bon fire," she said getting upset again.

"After twelve years, you don't trust me? I didn't rate even an accusation from you?"

"Well, if you wouldn't have lied to me, none of this would have happened," I told her.

"Well if I hadn't let you in my pussy none of this would have happened either," she said raising her shirt to show me her still flat belly. "I'm still trying to figure out how I got pregnant on the pill," she said.

"Who else knows besides your parents," I asked.

"Tammy, Debbie and Connie," she told me. "I told them I wasn't drinking anymore and before I could say anything Tammy blurted out that I was pregnant. I had to tell mom and dad; because you don't make enough to pay for everything so I was going to have to go back to work and we'd need some type of childcare. Believe it or not, tomorrow was going to be the night I told you. I checked on my company's policy for maturity leave and with my sick time and accrued vacation we'd have just enough to make it, until I went back" she told me. "I didn't want you to get all freaked out when I told you."

"I guess I misread the facts and I didn't believe it was even possible until I caught you in that lie," I said for the fourth time.

"One little white lie. How many lies have you told me over the years? Did I ever once pack up your shit because I caught you in one?" she said starring at me. "Having you think I was low enough to cheat on you really hurt. It's going to take me a while to forgive you for that one," she said with her arms crossed in front of her.

So, that's my story, what there is of it. I probably should have said something before doing what I did, but everyone makes mistakes. We slept together Sunday night but it's still a little frigid in our bedroom. I've told her I'm sorry until I'm blue in the face but she says she's still hurt by my accusations.

As I said, I'm tired of eating crow, no more. Tonight I plan on getting some nookie. They say good foreplay takes more than fifteen minutes of kissing, so I've planned dinner, a sleep over for the kids and a few other nice things for Carol for tonight.

If that doesn't work, I can always tell her I'm going out with Ken and not to wait up. Maybe that'll get her attention.