All Comments on 'Gill, Igg and I's Land'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 91 Comments
DepopuloDepopuloalmost 11 years ago

As for the preface about don't take this seriously... I think that was said upfront with the title riff on as the story pointed out itself.

Interesting throwback to your story November, maybe your next Turn the Page story should be November and the Shaman.

Interesting little ditty for what it was. Humorous in some parts, serious in others, typical ss06 fair. Nothing ground breaking but still a good story to go along with many of your others. Not my favorite but much better than some that have been served up in the past months. Thanks again for another interesting read SS, keep on keepin on, and me and a lot of others will keep on reading em.

Again 5/5

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartalmost 11 years ago
Campy but fun

This was a fun read, I liked how the ex got her ridiculous ass screwed in every sense of the term.

Sid0604Sid0604almost 11 years ago
Thank you

Another great story. Very enjoyable and well worth reading. Thank you once again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

A great romp from a great writer. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
as an aside...

Having been on Lake Superior, Never go on the lake with someone saying "I KNOW THIS LAKE". It is one mean mother... Great Story.. Brings back memories

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Imagine a Stang character trading

in an older, cheating wife for a younger, better looking one! How original is that? Always breaking new ground, that Stang guy!

bruce22bruce22almost 11 years ago
Enjoyed it very much

At least you had a brilliant woman in this one! Dana's choice was surprising.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Mustangs, and now ............

.......... a dash of television.

Though, looking at the names en masse of the tales, there does seem to be a bit of movie-dom there already.

Whatever the case, it's another hook to remember the stories by, and making writing that little bit more challenging, and satisfying to you, and to the readers, that much better.

Cheers, and Thanks,

Kilroy.

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilalmost 11 years ago
Why do they lose their camouflage?

Seems like right after they are discovered, all these wives, who hid their promiscuity for years, suddenly lose the ability to appear like descent human beings? It's like the decide that the deceit that worked so well for years is no longer a good survival strategy but then adopt what is clearly an inferior one of acting like sluts.

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 11 years ago
Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale...

A tale that Stang tells very well. I grew up watching Gilligan's Island re-runs, and this was just as fun. lol

5 Stars. :D

dinkymacdinkymacalmost 11 years ago
Nice story!

Thanks for sharing another good read! 5*'s

kelchakelchaalmost 11 years ago
Very Nice

This will be shocking to read, but, I wish the story were longer.

Think many of your stories were too long. This was a gem.

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 11 years ago
Dammit! LOL

Now I'm sitting behind my desk at work whistling the old theme song. :P

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Great Story

Another wonderful story and, I too, wish it were longer.

Not to be picky but the "Arbitrator" you described in the story was actually a "mediator." An arbitrator hears both sides and makes a decision as a judge would. A mediator attempts to bring to parties together to facilitate an agreement that they both can live with.

Bill1104

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitalmost 11 years ago
5

Much better than your recent submissions. I really liked this one. Almost all lived happily ever after. A few got what was coming to them. Definately a 5 star submission. Well done.

looking4itlooking4italmost 11 years ago
As usual

A fun and more of a light hearted read. The wife was more conniving this time, less of an airhead. And the new woman wasn't really a damsel in distress, simply someone waiting for Mr. Right. The fact the slut was getting pumped before they were on the island an hour showed her true colors and she got what she deserved in the end.

kalharrikalharrialmost 11 years ago
fun times

Nice, light, fun. An enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
A bit more reality...please

I like Stang Star's stories because they are all BTB but how about some reality in the divorce settlement? A dollar a week for two years-- $104?? The law in almost all states is very specific about spousal support. Since the wife has NEVER worked it is likely she would receive 40 -50% of his income to support her in the "Style to which she has been accustomed". It doesn't matter if she fucked the entire Chinese Army. Judges have very little discretion in spousal support....and the lawyers all know it. So she keeps the house, he pays the mortgage and she gets plenty of spending money and he gets a small condo.

Rogn123Rogn123almost 11 years ago
I knew from the first paragraph

When the guy started bragging about his mustang that his wife was screwing around on him. In stang stories mustang drivers are always cucks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Liked it...

Really good story but I would have definitely liked it to have been one of your long ones.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
although nicely written

I'm slowly really sorry for you. do you hate women ? in every story you write the wife is dumber as a rock and gets even dumber any minute that follows.

don't think that a man likes to have a woman with the ability of a snail. he might not catch her cheating but clearly anything as dumb as this one....

you repeat yourself in every story same shit different day and around that you write a good story, completly unbelievable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Good story.

A previous commentor asked if SS hated women. To me, it seems he loves women.

But, most of the husbands can't see the potential for evil in the fiances they marry.

Without that, though, there wouldn't be a story

al in waterford

PolyLvrPolyLvralmost 11 years ago
Cute

I'm glad you dind't push the Gilligan thing too far and have a Ginger/Maryanne situation. Right off the bat you would have allienated whichever favourite that didn't get a good part. Unless you wrote them both going off with the 'stanguy.

JounarJounaralmost 11 years ago
5*

A great read as always SS :-)

Im problry missing alot of the Gilligan's island reference's as the show never really hit Europe but the mention of your previous stories regarding the lake was cool.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Loved it...

Very entertaining Stang!

OldMarineVet

FullCircle56FullCircle56almost 11 years ago
Excellent Story

SS. Another good one. 5*. But like ID and others mentioned, I have that damn song in my head. Thanks a lot!!

Keep up the good work. I always look forward to your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Another great read and funny as hell. Wife that plays is the wife that pays.

tazz317tazz317almost 11 years ago
FORGET THE NAME DROPPING AND FAUX PLAGARISM

survival brings out the best and worst in people. TK U MLJ LV NV

elHosedelHosedalmost 11 years ago
Damn good fun

And just the right length for an easy read ;) Definate 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Always entertaining

SS, you have written many entertaining stories and this one didn't disappoint at all. Thanks for another great story!

john1946john1946almost 11 years ago
OK

Now that was fun......Thanks

RePhilRePhilalmost 11 years ago
Really fun read!

Marriage really agrees with you. Your stories just seem to be getting better each week which is outstanding considering the very high state of your writing. Thanks for continuing to share with us it is sincerely appreciated by all if us regulars in LW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Really

Gilligan's island lol.

Haven't even read it and am laughing.

Hey, how about Bewitched or a really freaky My Three Sons before the summer is over. L MAO .

A Merry Man

rjordanrjordanalmost 11 years ago
When Libertarians write "erotica"

When Libertarians write "erotica", you get a morality play about the virtues of personal responsibility. The sex is mostly about them masturbating over their own awesomeness against those who would take away their stuff. Jesus....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
@ rjordan

and that's a bad thing how, exactly?

this was a good yarn, and I liked it

what you like is irrelevant

besides, no one held a gun to your empty head and made you read this story, did they?

now suck it up and run along, boy

peaempeaemalmost 11 years ago
Thanks

Thanks Stang,

This is not among the best you have written but it is good enough to be pretty good. When I see one of your stories, I am like 'Thank God there is at least one here that is not about a guy having a ball seeing his wife get banged by another guy.' Thanks for the time and effort you have put into this one. Write more often, if you can do that.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caalmost 11 years ago
Good adventure

But.... Our hero really deserved to get royally screwed ... On the cliffs, under the sun.. Don't be so stingy to the hero.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 11 years ago
Another 5* read!

Kept me sane whilst I was taking a break from a management course I am doing in my own time!

tnoldguytnoldguyalmost 11 years ago
Another good read

I enjoyed it, although the shorter format prevented your usual really good character development. We learn a lot about Natalie, but not a lot of what her motivations are or what she is really like (personality). Of course we learn the most about Rob and Ella. I guess that what we really learned about Natalie was that she is pretty shallow, but that wasn't until the story was almost over. I really didn't get as empathetic with Rob or as pissed at Natalie, mostly because as you wrote it, it was obvious the marriage was on life support anyway.

I enjoyed your return to TV references. Many won't remember the many character names you have lifted straight from TV shows (Michael Stivic, George Jefferson and Archie Bunker in "All in the Family").

And IronDragon - I didn't grow up on reruns of Gillian's Island, I watched episodes first run. Yup, I'm just an old guy.

Wish I could do 4.5*. Not your best, but an entertaining read and well constructed. Being a math guy I'm rounding up. 5*

DunaDunaalmost 11 years ago
SS06 wrote a good Romantic Revenge story again

What is the Romantic Revenge here: "Well, what you're doing isn't the same thing that I did," she snapped. "I had a few innocent, meaningless flings with some guys that I can't even remember. You went out and found a woman to replace me with."

5*****

theanalisttheanalistalmost 11 years ago
a word of thanks

I never thanked you for your efforts. since this is the last story left(I finished all your other works) I take this opportunity to thank you. I wrote almost same words for hdk. and yep i finished both yours and hdk's work today.but you don't go for stupid reconciliation and you finish story with a happy ending giving the hero some kind of hope in the form of a real sweet girl and I appreciate it very much... so thank you...keep going...you rule....

theanalisttheanalistalmost 11 years ago
thanks...

also thanks to mikothebaby. I just remembered about you keep insisting on showing our appreciation for her editing efforts.....

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Loved it

Very well done. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
4 *s

Gave it a good score. Lots of inside humor.

Hurt myself laughing.

On a slow day in L W it is a good time.

A Merry Man

kemanderkemanderalmost 11 years ago
Loved It!

Well over the bar once again. Thanks for a great read, Stanger!

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
I just had to read this one again. :D

Maybe because I really miss those old episodes of Gilligan's Island. Maybe because I really like the hot black girl in this one. Maybe because it's just a damn good tale.

Hell, it's all three! :)

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
A fun read -

Those who keep asking for what is not there usually do not red the disclaimers at the beginning - they generally include statements like - "Hi Folks. Don't take this one too seriously. It's just fun. " - Oh wait that is at the beginning of THIS ONE.

So if the outcome is not strictly according to the laws of your state - let it go - have that cool drink and let's take a trip - oops he said that too.

Besides - although it almost never goes that way - many states allow a lot more latitude than is ever used -

William_LinesWilliam_Linesabout 10 years ago
Five by Five

What more can I add to all the other reader's comments?

Well written.

Superb imagination.

Humor very cleverly used to enhance the story.

It even had a comment about your Mustang. Mine is a tricked out Prius (really).

I loved it and look forward to your next story.

Billy Lines

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
really!!!!

1 dollar a month for 2 years.

It really is a shame that you ruin excellent stories with such outlandish bs.

If you could cut out the fantasy legal aspects of your tales they would be so much better, you write so Welland then spoil it.

IronDragonIronDragonabout 10 years ago
Dangit, Stang! LOL

*whistles the theme song again until my wife looks at me funny* :D

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
Another great one!

"Eat your snake, Rob." Gotta love it!

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 9 years ago
To Anonymous of 2/18/14 (I think it was); Sometimes judges get fed up with bitches.

Or with skank husbands. They often have amusing awards in divorces according to what all has gone on. So, while unusual, the dollar a month for two years (or whatever it was) was a message from the judge to the slut and an example for others who would come before him later. So, Sir, I am usually not this rude BUT, you are wrong and don't know what you are talking about. Feel free to get my email from whomever keeps track of same, you can write me a snotty and disorganized note like a couple of you Anonymous idiots have, I don't mind, I just amused and laugh at you.

Stang, a funny and entertaining story, I love happy endings. And my compliments to the editor.

auhunter04auhunter04over 9 years ago
Negative coments

you ever notice that most of the negative comments come from guys named Anonymous? They hide behind that name so we cannot take them out behind and paddle their petty whiny ass'. Also they might be hiding their name cause we cannot go look their work and evaluate.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Ever notice

The ones that aren't anonymous are actually anonymous?

This was a fun read thank you.

I really like BTB,as in an eye for an eye or better yet two eyes for an eye.

I enjoy some forgive and forget as long as a good case for it is made, it almost never happens.

That being said, It's great when it just work's out that everyone gets their fair due

RhomanovRhomanovabout 9 years ago
*****

He got the Ginger! 😎

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A good read

Very nice story

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013over 8 years ago

An unusual story, but good stuff.

Thanks, Stang.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Edmund Fitzgerald

The Edmund Fitzgerald sank in Lake Superior. Nowhere near islands. But that's not the big fact check fail... There are no tides in the Great Lakes. I know. I live between 2 of them. Other then geographical problems. This story was great.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Ever notice

that the ones whining about anon comments not having written anything, have never written anything themselves? Why do they only complain about comments being anonymous when it's a viewpoint different to their own?

Many_MemoriesMany_Memoriesover 7 years ago
Tides on the Great Lakes?

As I recall, there ARE tides on the lakes. However; they only occur during the New Moon, and then are a matter of less than a foot. They can only be measured during a very calm period and change quickly with the passing of both the sun and the moon.

BUT - do not mess with the witch of the North with so many names!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
If an non lives between 2of the lakes

He should know there is a tide twice daily. Fucking yard voted for trump, I'd bet my left nut

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
not sure why

The three girls who were repeatedly raped by tony dave and two nerds did not file charges.

Author usually cleans things up much better and would not have left those four rapists go free.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Not that it had anything important to do with the story,

but there are no tides on Great Lakes. Story would have been more interesting and no more difficult to write if it had been a tad more realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Superior is so large it does have tides.

Just not ocean level

Dont_miss_meDont_miss_meover 5 years ago
I gotta admit...

This is one of my favorites. I gotta add this story to Your Love and The Boys of Summer as a favorite. Great job with the Gilligan’s Island references.

5 stars for this one...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Devil or angel?

I'm positive that Stang loves women. Well, the good ones anyway.

Cheaters, however, are usually stupid, self-centered and, at their core, ugly. There's always a good woman, or two, in a Stang story to save the gender from the pits of hell.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
EDITOR?

At least one sentence ended with a preposition - enough to bounce your English grammer teachers head off the ceiling.

Also, spellcheck doesn't understand homonyms. (Sorry Matilda,it's got nothing to do with socially progressive sex.)Apart from that, a good entertaining story.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 4 years ago
Just for getting the Gilligan’s Island pun in...

...5-Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
To Anonymous, 1-27-20, (titled: EDITOR?)

Re: Preposition

Winston Churchill, who was probably more skilled in the English language than all of us combined, said,

"A preposition is not a good word to end a sentence with" ["with" is a preposition].

With this remark, he did two things.

He showed he knew the language rule.

And he kinda poked fun at the idea that you should always follow it. After all, who says, "A preposition is not a good word with which to end a sentence"?

(And, if they do, they're not the kind of person I want to listen to or read.)

Interesting 5 star story.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A modern take on a old story

When the chips are down or in crisis the trues colors and nature of a person are shown; fools with stupidly, greed, self centered, selfishness, ego are some of the easier to see once the vale is lifted. The brightest are reasonable enough for the wise to act upon both in action and words, which leaves the rest for the ill fated for their own self destruction and narrow mindedness; while pleading for help so long as their made top priority ignoring anyone else in need. Sound familiar ??!

This leaves the ending of an old parable “Look bitch, you knew I was snake when you picked me up” or going in the water trying to save a drowning man knowing he’ll pull you under first when it would of been easier to just throw him a life preserver then pull him in. So now do you pick up the snake or go around and smile ? 5 stars !!!

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 3 years ago
Good story

Since I enjoy butchering "American" english. I do so enjoy it when someone else does so in a skillful manner.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 3 years ago
To Anonymous, 1-27-20, (titled: EDITOR?)

One of Churchill's quotes, back in the day, was rearranged by a newspaper editor to avoid ending it with a preposition. Apparently it annoyed Churchill enough that he stated,

"This is the sort of bloody nonsense up with which I will not put."

There's nothing wrong with ending a sentence with a preposition. Check it out for yourself if you don't believe it.

Really nice story, 'Stang. Thanks for posting.

NitpicNitpicabout 3 years ago
Good

Good storyboards

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 3 years ago

Very good story. Enjoyable read. Thanks

Mustang88LXMustang88LXover 2 years ago

What an adventure! Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I do not blame him for leaving his wife . Talk about a Shrew to be married to . 5 Stars on this one .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

My Aunt was caught by My Uncle Cheating in their Bed . He was a former Marine Recon guy who beat her Lover like a Drum . He ended up having to pay for his medical Bills and 3 Years of alimony . Answer to this Story Always get the best Lawyer .He got our Cousin who made his money on Wills and chasing Ambulances . I did not make the same mistake when I got Divorced

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thanks, this was really way better than the stuff you usually write!! 4*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

DANA WAS ONE FAT ANNOYING BITCH....IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER OFF WITHOUT THE FAT SLOB!!

NATALIE IS A SKANKING WHORE

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Are

Are there really women as stupid as Natalie out there?.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

very good satire story with some moral to the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done. Crazy amounts of creativity here. Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Short, sweet, a few bumps but relatively simple.

Brain, experience over braun?

Better than the TV series? (eh, li'l buddy?)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Cute.🤔

newford9bnewford9babout 1 year ago

Totally different, a really nice simple tale

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Wild

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Creative. Lord of the flies with cheating on an island in Lake Superior. Woukd the water temperature really cause hypothermia at rhat time of year? They had life preservers to tie together a makeshift raft for one or two decent swimmers. The lake is deep but nowhere as huge in area like Lake Michigan. Just curious how far they woukd be from shore. That bring said Natalie was a tramp. Here attitude the first time with Troy was stunning and marriage killing. Suppose the author had to have her with an history of cheating for last fee years otherwise it would be bombastic for her to not side with her husband on an island in Lake Superior. Of course being a SS06 story there is a ready made romantic partner available, even marooned for a few days on an island in Lake Superior. Was fun db straightforward. No need for any emotional dram between Natale and Rob. She wasn't worth it. And if the author had it be her first time, that would have been wholly unrealistic. Her excuse about afraid for her survival (on Lake Superior) is priceless. Thos was a rated PG version of Lord of the Flies with a side order of sex. No idea how a Troy weakened by hunger coukd somehow rule his half the island and keep all of them in hand. And finally why the heck was Troy and the nerds there at the end? Yes he didn't force Natalie to cheat, if anything she seduced him the first time. The nerds were sadists and Troy was a real asshole. The women on that side were treated like crap. Even if no way to prove anything to the courts, who would possibly want to associate with Troy and the nerds again. Dave seemed less of a jerk. Meh. That part of the ending came off wrong.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Original idea and setting. Well written and both entertaining and amusing. Glad he found out what sort of person his wife was really like. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

5 Stars for one of the best authors here ,GW. Keep up the great work

ImshakenImshaken9 days ago

Lake Superior is one cold lake! You can swim in it for a while but not for long. I used to scuba dive in the lake a little bit. One time I was down around 90' on a shore dive to a 100 year old wreck called the Madeira where the exposed steel on the hull had stuff growing on it but no rust. The digital thermometer on my scuba gear showed 30 degrees F. I actually looked around to see if there were any ice cubes around. (It was late in the winter). In the summer the surface of lake is usually in the 50 - 60 degree range. If you're right at shore in shallow water ~ 3' on a calm day in late summer it can almost get to 70 degrees F. When I dove I used a 3/8" wet suit. I used to bring a thermos of hot water and dump it down into my suit as I started the dive to give me a little head start before the acclimation to freezing started. The wonderful visibility of the lake made putting up with the cold worthwhile.

Thanks for the wonderful 5 star story!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous