All Comments on 'Glimpses'

by MindsMirror

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
HighpikeHighpikeabout 6 years ago
Superb

You built this so well and took your time. The trauma of their past was hauntingly revealed rather than described and that was very well done. A beautiful story, thank you.

tranzmanytranzmanyabout 6 years ago
Well done!

I liked your building of your version of hedgehog day. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Beautiful

Talk about romantic! I love storms like the ones you described. To me they're erotic as all hell. The repressed feelings are very well thought out and tastetful. The sex scenes are powerful. You're a after storyteller MindsMirror. Dearly hoping for part 3. 5 stars is woefully inadequate but......

DragonRider55

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

If this was an exercise in description or imagery, keep practicing. Too wordy, it's a jumbled mess of wish-to-be elegance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
WELL DONE !

Your build-up to the inevitable was handled very well--giving the reader a remarkable insight of the conflict felt by both characters. This story invites more of what happens to them.

Captain_FapulusCaptain_Fapulusabout 6 years ago
So no spies this time?

Just kidding about spies but I absolutely loved this one, it had everything from painful past to the much needed romantic culmination they deserved and much more in between. The interchanging inner monologue (or thought process) was the key feature to bringing their story across and I hope that you employ it some more in your future works.

5*

OrthopodeOrthopodeabout 6 years ago
Beautiful

A true romance

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great story

I loved the character development, lack of a three-foot penis and 45DDDD breasts. However, as someone else mentioned, it was a bit flowery, to the point of slight distraction. And you used the word 'passed' several time, I think 'past' was called for. My creative writing prof once gave me the old "eschew obfiscatum" notes on a story. Ok, a couple of writings. At the end of the day, I thoroughly enjoyed this story.

Please don't take offense at my critique - I really liked it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
A CLASSIC SAGA

You have a talent with describing your tale. I enjoyed the way you expanded the characters action in this story. Please entertain us with another story.......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wow

I think this was a great story that had every thing .you need to make a story really great. I hope that you wright more like this I could not put this down you had me wanting more till I finished you're story I hope that you wright more like this. Scoring it as a five just Doe's not make me feel good if you can keep me for that long and make me want more of you're story's then I'll give you a score of65. From DC.Stallhand

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Loved it-

1 little nitpick- Sloan is a boy name, Sloane is a girl name. Just sayin'

thedayafterthedayafterabout 6 years ago

Beautiful, beautiful story.... Just perfect....

Robinius1Robinius1about 6 years ago
Excellent

The first thing I would like to say is that your story is in my opinion original and well done. I found myself wanting these two siblings to get together as lovers, and caring for them as people. You tell a good story.

That said, I found the prose overly formal as though some words were chosen to impress the reader and not to advance the story in a realistic way. Words like 'albescent' are not in common usage today and neither, I believe is 'weep'.

I was confused by '…and desire that filled her ache.' This sentence should have ended in 'aching need' or aching heart' - the way you wrote it seems incomplete when read.

Also I thought 'as they lied there together.' would have been better as 'as they lay there together.'

These are minor things and really don't detract from your excellent writing ability. I thoroughly enjoyed your story and look forward to more from you. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Well done !

I enjoyed every bit of your work and my GF just loved it as well. The feelings of doubt that they both felt had a real ring of realitywhicmh we both felt. Please keep on writing . . you have a nice touch. Thanks

HillfrogHillfrogabout 6 years ago
Well, well well... Exquisite!

Very well crafted indeed. Well concieved. Well written. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Amazing

Out of the two years I have been pursing this site very few stores I have read are this good. the main thing in this story that stood out to me is the continuous drawing back to past events, like the storm shelter, or how at the end it brings you back to the beginning of the story but changes what happens, like in how the movies they watched(groundhog day and Edge of tomorrow). But one criticism I have is it only hints as to what happened in the storm shelter, but I believe that to be potential to start another story in itself.

honybipolahonybipolaabout 6 years ago
great story

sizzling hot with a touch of erotica just like your other sibling romances

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
It's no Jinx.

I know it's a bit silly to judge all your stories by such a high standard, but Jinx is without a doubt one of the best stories on the website and this one sadly just doesn't measure up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Concerning your choice of language...

Are you aware of the language you are using? I mean words like emblazon. They look out of place and only serve to alienate your reader. In addition the language used is unnecessarily complicated and does not serve its purpose - this is not an easy story to read.

Dark_Love192Dark_Love192almost 6 years ago
simple and sensual

Like always

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
So many feelings...

First of all, screw all those people that don't like the choice of language. I appreciate a story teller that knows more than four words, or at least owns a freaking thesaurus.

And second, I honestly can say that I have never cared as much about any characters in any story I've read on this site as I did these two. Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Superfluous sesquipedalianism

Yes, I spelt both those from memory.

The story has potential, but it's too indirect in some places, glosses details over that ought to be savoured, and suffers, as the title of this review indicates, from a mild excess of purple prose.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great read

Another great effort on the authors part. Keep me wanting for more,

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
redact

Before other considerations I would say it needs a more thorough editing/proof reading. It's too much, for me, when there is a wrong word (lied, instead of lay) and an incorrect homophone (there should be their) in the same paragraph. It distracts from being able to make style or other artistic constructive criticisms, at least for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
eloquent

You write with eloquence and the story is rich. You do need an editor though. Good job otherwise.

Frankie1952Frankie1952almost 4 years ago

Love it. A very good start to what could be a beautiful sibling love story. There could even be some babies on the way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Mach

Can we have more pf this and all your other stories

They are all great reads i love them all

DevilbobyDevilbobyover 2 years ago

The question: what did you think of this story ?

The answer : Beautiful.

Five stars enough said.

ScottishTexanScottishTexanalmost 2 years ago

Absotively Posilutely one of the absolute best I've read on this site. 👏

Definitely a 5/5!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You two never write anything that isn't really exceptional. There's not much left I haven't read now so hope you have something new coming along. This is a heart-warming and very lovely story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm very new to this site and I have never read anything that you have written before. However, I loved this story and will attempt to read all of your stories in the future. You make a great team. Thank you!

kaotic2kaotic23 months ago

Loved this a lot.

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

Quite lovely. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMindsMirror@MindsMirror
2391 Followers
Our venture into writing continues due to your appreciated support! Please report plagiarism of our work. Unauthorized and unattributed reproduction of our work discourages further submissions. Comments, feedback, encouragement, critiques and editorial suggestions are our on...