All Comments on 'Going Back'

by JayDavid

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
hansbwlhansbwlover 8 years ago
Very good story

Well told and with a human touch you seldom see on these pages! 5*

elling50elling50over 8 years ago
Beautiful

Wonderful loving story. Wellington tolv.

mel_pomenemel_pomeneover 8 years ago
A lovely story

It's so nice to have a full-on romantic story like this on these pages. Thank you so much for sharing it with us, and please write more like it.

Very, very well done -- five stars and again, my thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Unqualified 5 stars

A mature story in every sense of the word. This is just really, really good. Nothing quite like it on the whole site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Agreement

Must be something about age and the ability to enjoy and empathize with an all to familiar situations of loss and recovery. Young love is all fine and nice, But too often like a nova - burns too hot and then just becomes a black hole, Wisdom dose come with age and experience, And with that wisdom maybe an appreciation that love is more than just a hard-on and mindless body on body combat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wonderful

Thank you. Really....

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The story rates a five, but …

please check the date of your second flashback; it pre-dates the first.

AlwaysrainingAlwaysrainingover 8 years ago
Superb

First time I've come across your work. I'll certainly read more. Thank you.

JayDavidJayDavidover 8 years agoAuthor
Thanks

For all of the nice comments. I'm fixing the date issue.

arrowglassarrowglassover 8 years ago
Enjoyed this...seemed so real!

Like your writing style!

JayDavidJayDavidover 8 years agoAuthor
Continued thanks, and

I've fixed the flashback date issue raised earlier. I appreciate the positive comments, and hope you check out and enjoy my other stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Sounds like Vanessa was disappointed that David was with a new women.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
If you read my diary

you would find a companion story.

thanks for the memories.

liquid_yellowliquid_yellowover 8 years ago

Very touching story. Makes me wonder what I've missed at all of my own reunions

maddictmaddictover 8 years ago
If I were to be so lucky..?

Nice story. San diego is ahead of Detroit. Trying to multi task. Forget about it. Good luck for summer story contest, is Literotic a rockin or what.

O like this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Princeton life

Sounds like Princeton folks' lives were more fun both as undergraduates and at reunions than ours . . .

(Harvard grad)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Very well done.

A strong story with real characters and a believable human plot. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
FATAL FLAW

This story suffers from the same problem as The Lake House Lessons -- the story builds my involvement/attachment to one woman (Vanessa) and then pairs him with another (Sonia). The problem is made worse by what the Anonymous just before me mentioned, namely, the author's skillful character development, which enables me to "meet" his people. But, since the time was spent on "meeting" Vanessa, I was disappointed that the follow-through was not with Vanessa.

I easily give out 5 stars, but I'm so let down by the ending that I rated this 3 stars, even though the story up until the surprise ending was handily 5 stars.

I like school reunion stories, even though I do not care to attend my own (high school nor college).

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Very interesting storyline

My 45th university anniversary is coming up next year. I think I will attend it for the first time. There were only 22 people in my graduating class in a very specific engineering field. Most of them moved far away after graduating. Some moved to other countries. I do remember a couple of university girls like Vanessa in other academic fields. They were stuck up bitches who wouldn’t give you the time of day!

HragsHragsover 3 years ago

Fantastic story !!!!

HragsHragsover 3 years ago

Fantastic story !!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Really good.

I thought the ending made total sense. Also nice to see a story set in an Ivy League school where the author actually knows the setting.

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

I agree with Paul in Oklahoma, he was paired with Vanessa at the 30th and should have followed through with pairing Dave and Vanessa on the 35th.

DazzyDDazzyDabout 1 year ago

This all seems very real to me. A 6.5 guy wanting a 10 girl. This reminds me of what one of Lit writers said, “never date more than two ratings, up or down if you want to have a successful relationship.” Too bad guys didn’t keep enough blood in their brains to SEE the situation clearly.

NOT THAT I KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THAT! Cheers to more 8 girls with all the boxes checked.

DazzyD

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

In hindsight, there wouldn’t have been a reunion in May 2020, I guess. But no one of us could imagine that in 2015.

Great story, loved the characters and that it didn’t fall into the fairy tale trap. I agree with DazzyD. Had a similar experience but the other way around. Glad I bailed out quickly from that.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous