Grand Opening Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"My mom's ring," Rosy smiled, indicating the ring. "Only thing I have to remember her by. I'm not married."

She smiled sadly.

"I mean, really! Who would want me?" she asked.

"How you feel about kids?" Dick asked.

"Love them," she said. "When I was in foster care, whenever there were younger kids there, I took care of them," Rosy shrugged.

"No, I mean, can you have kids?" Dick asked.

"Yeah, I guess, but who would want..." Rosy asked.

"Cook up one of them volcano burgers, medium well and some onion rings," Dick said, pushing his empty plate away.

He touched his shoulder mounted radio.

"Yes, Sheriff?" Orville's voice crackled.

"Need you to pry your ass out of your chair and get down here to the Dead End," Dick ordered.

"Want the spread?" Rosy asked, already forming the meat patty, working the jalapeno pepper chunks into the ground beef.

"Double spread, on both buns," Dick smiled.

"Really going for the butt burn, Sheriff?" Rosy asked, laughing.

"Not for me, for my Deputy," Dick smiled.

"That's not very nice," Rosy laughed. "You don't even know what's in my secret spread."

"So tell me," Dick smiled.

"I take a habanera pepper, slice it in half, and then fry it in a cup of olive oil. Then I mix the oil with four cups of mayonnaise, for egg whites, and stir in a teaspoon of cayenne," Rosy said, showing him the container of light brown mayonnaise.

"Perfect," Dick smiled. "Can I?"

She dipped a French fry into the mixture and handed it to him.

"Hoo boy!" Dick gasped and then smiled. "Damn, Rosy that is some good stuff!"

"Yeah, Sheriff?" Orville asked, walking up.

"Sit here," Dick ordered.

"All right, eat this," Dick said as a smiling Rosy put the plate down.

"Then, after you eat it, you need to interrogate the suspect; her," Dick ordered.

"What? Why?" Orville asked, baffled.

"You need to find out if she likes hunting and fishing; you need to find out if she likes football; you need to find out what her idea of a romantic date is," Dick ordered. "One bite of that and you know she knows how to cook. Find out if she's as obsessive compulsive as you, if she is as a cheap ass like you, if she goes to church every Sunday or not."

Dick walked over to the tip jar on the stage and dropped a twenty dollar bill into it.

"Thanks Sheriff," the dancer smiled and shrugged out of her top, revealing a gauzy bra.

"Welcome, Sweetie; you're a great dancer," Dick smiled and walked to the door.

"Do not, I mean do not leave here until someone gets here to relieve you," Dick whispered to Orville. "This is now OUR bar, not those greasy ass bikers; you hear me?"

"I um, I love football," Rosy said, blushing hotly. "That big screen TV ain't for watching Lifetime, you know? And the most romantic date in the world would be to go out to Baylor Lake an fly a couple of kites."

"Son of a bitch!" Orville coughed out, clutching at his throat.

"What you want to drink?" Rosy asked.

"Diet Coke, please!" Orville gasped.

He gulped at the drink when Rosy put it down.

"Oh come on, Deputy!" Dick smiled. "I ate two of them, no problem."

"Sheriff!" Rosy laughed.

"I um, my um, my next day off is Thursday, um, you um, hey could I have some more diet coke?" Orville stammered, blushing profusely.

"I could get off Thursday," Rosy agreed.

"Supposed to be raining pretty bad on Thursday, though," Orville said.

Then take me to the skating rink in Flowers," Rosy smiled.

"I want three," Orville suddenly blurted.

"Three more burgers?" Rosy asked eyes wide.

"Um, no, no, three kids," Orville blushed hotly and looked away.

"Oh, um, okay," Rosy said, blushing hotly.

"How much?" Orville asked as he swallowed the last bite of his burger.

"Nothing," Rosy smiled, picking up the empty plate.

"Um, no, seriously," Orville said.

"Deputy, cops eat free," Rosy smiled and squeezed his hand.

"But you can tip the dancer," Cheryl Nguyen smiled.

Orville looked at the Asian girl, nodded his head and peeled a ten dollar bill off of his money clip an handed it to her.

"Thanks, Officer," Paula called out as Cheryl dropped the ten dollar bill into the tip jar.

"Welcome," Orville called back and watched as she unhooked her skirt and let it drop.

Paula danced for the remainder of the song, dressed in gauzy bra and panties. She then took the thirty dollars out of the tip jar, gathered her top and skirt, and disappeared behind the curtain.

With a curt nod, Little John ordered the two bikers to their feet and they lumbered to the door.

Kirsten sullenly greeted two businessmen as they took seats near the stage.

"You know what? Give me a big bacon blue, no tomato and onion rings," one man ordered.

"Give me the cheddar melt," fries," the other man ordered.

"Diet Coke," the first man said.

"Real coke," the second man said and dropped a five into the jar as Cheryl began to gyrate to 'Little By Little' by Robert Plant.

"Damn, haven't heard that song in years!" the first man smiled and dropped a twenty into the jar.

Officer Mike Stevens entered and playfully nudged Orville, trying to push Orville off the bar stool.

"Can I get a big house salad?" Mike asked.

"Dressing?" Rosy asked.

"Ranch," Mike smiled.

"I um, okay, I um, I'll see you um, Thursday night, okay?" Orville said, blushing hotly.

"Pick me up right here, okay?" Rosy said, also blushing hotly.

"Wait a minute, wait a minute!" Mike laughed as Orville beat a hasty retreat.

"Officer, don't mess with the people handling your food," Paula smiled sweetly as she poured herself a diet coke.

"Yeah, but, HIM?" Mike asked as Rosy put a plate in front of him.

"Something wrong with him?" Rosy asked pleasantly.

"Know what?" Mike said, smiling widely. "Absolutely nothing. He's as good a man you'll ever find. Anywhere."

The heavy rumble of several motorcycles could be heard and Mike touched his shoulder radio.

"I'm on it," Dick's voice crackled. "Orville just called.

"And THAT'S why they eat free," Rosy said to a cowering Kirsten.

Cheryl smiled as she picked up her discarded clothing, scooped the twenty five dollars from the jar, and beat a hasty retreat off the stage.

"See if those customers need a refill," Rosy pointed to the two business men.

"Now?" Kirsten squeaked as several bikers poured into the bar.

"Yeah, what are you waiting for?" Rosy asked, trying to display a bravery she did not feel.

"Miss Rosy, I..." Kirsten pleaded.

"I'll do it," Paula smiled and walked right past Little John and Wolf.

She understood what Rosy was trying to do; Rosy was trying to show these bikers that they would not intimidate the Dead End Bar, that they would not disrupt business.

"Hi; Kirsten's busy at the bar; anything else I can get for you?" she asked sweetly.

"Un, no, no, we're good," Steve Edwards smiled.

"But thanks, the other man said. "Tell the cook this is one of the best patty melts I've ever had.

"It's the onion," Paula smiled. "She uses Vidalia onions; they're a bit sweeter, you know?"

"That's got to be it," the man agreed.

"Can we have the check?" Steve asked, noticing that the bar was now full of bikers.

"Certainly," Paula smiled and calmly walked through the milling crowd.

Dick, Orville, and Becky strolled in, each with vests on. Becky walked over to Mike and handed him a vest.

"I'm eating," Mike said, unconcerned.

"Put it on," Becky whispered urgently.

"Fine, fine," Mike said and put the fork down.

"Like that dressing?" Rosy asked.

"Yes ma'am, I can tell it's homemade, ain't it?" Mike agreed and then resumed eating.

"Kirsten, customers," Rosy said.

"Miss Rosy," Kirsten begged.

"Fine, fine, come on," Rosy said.

Cheryl came out, dressed again in her short skirt and halter top. She grabbed a pad and pen and approached a table.

Paula brought Steve his change, and then took the order of the five bikers that crowded around a nearby table.

"See? Nothing to it," Rosy said to the shaken Kirsten as she lay the several tickets out on the counter next to the large grill.

"Think you could bring them their drinks?" Cheryl sneered.

X.X.X

Elise kept her eyes moving the whole time. She did concentrate on the road, but also kept scanning their surroundings.

Next to her, Jack Vogel complained that they were on the road, instead of down at the Dead End Bar.

"Uh huh," Elise said and slowed down; she could see an a small African-American boy playing with a puppy, dangerously close to the street.

She could also see, coming up behind her, a delivery truck, moving far too fast.

She slammed on the brakes, and braced herself as the delivery truck screeched to a stop.

"What the fuck," Jack yelled at her as the truck skidded to a stop, just inches away from their back bumper.

"You, go give Dale Earnhardt a ticket for speeding; we were doing forty, tell him he was doing fifty five in a thirty five mile an hour zone," Elise ordered, getting out of the cruiser.

"Hi Sweetie, is this your puppy?" Elise asked the small boy.

"Yes ma'am," the boy said. "But I'm not supposed to be talking to you; you're a stranger."

"That's right, I am," Elise smiled. "You're a very good boy. Is this your home?"

"Yes ma'am," the boy nodded.

"Is your mommy or daddy home?" Elise asked.

"My grand mom is," the boy said.

"Could you go in and tell her I want to talk with her?" Elise asked pleasantly.

"No ma'am, she's sleeping," the boy shook his head no.

"I know she is, sweetie, but it really is important," Elise cajoled the boy.

The puppy followed the boy, yapping loudly.

"Damn it Henry, I done told you..." Elise heard a woman yell. "A what? She what? Tell her I ain't got time for..."

"Ma'am, you better make time," Elise snapped standing close to the open door of the home.

"What?" the woman snapped, yanking the door open. "I don't let no white people up on my porch."

"Charming," Elise snapped. "Stick your racism in your pocket for a second and listen to me."

"Racism? I ain't no racist!" the woman screeched indignantly.

"Ma'am, if your grandson is going to be playing outside, you need to be outside with him, "Elise spoke over the woman's protestations.

"You don't be dragging your white ass up to my house telling me how to raise my grandson," the woman screeched.

"I see him outside by himself again, you won't have to worry about my white ass doing nothing; I'll make sure it's a black man comes to arrest you for child endangerment," Elise snapped. "Do I make myself clear?"

Elise got back into the cruiser and started the car. She shook her head as she saw the black woman give her the finger before slamming the door shut.

She saw a house next door, with one of her mother's real estate signs in front. Her mom's face beamed, with the word 'SOLD' underneath.

"Oh, that's a cute little house," Elise said, then braked for the stop sign.

"Can tell you're a girl," Jack sneered.

"How's that, Jack?" Elise asked.

"'Cute Little house,'" Jack sneered. "No guy would ever say 'cute little' like that."

"Unless you're talking about your penis," Elise said easily and checked both her mother's house and Charlie's house as she drove past.

Her brother in law's minivan was out front, but Elise knew that Charlie was at work. He drove his truck for the eighty mile round trip and let his housekeeper use the minivan.

Iris Gauchet might not have known it, but she had been given a thorough background check long before she had been hired. She might not know it now, but nearly every move she made was scrutinized by either Dick or Elise. Trey, Richard, and little Carmen were Dick's grandchildren and Elise's nephews and niece.

As if she could sense Elise's presence, Iris opened the door of the home. She had a tight grip on Carmen's small hand. The attractive woman looked down the street and Elise looked down the street as well, just in time to see the school bus grind to a halt.

Trey and Richard and a small girl got off of the bus. The girl carefully waited and looked both ways before crossing the street. Trey and Richard waved to their Aunt and walked to their house.

Elise watched the little girl, making sure that the child entered her house before she then turned onto Highway 52.

"You, um, you really got a thing for kids, huh?" Jack asked.

"What? What do you mean?" Elise asked.

""You, um, you just seem to go out of your way to make sure they're okay," Jack shrugged.

"Yeah, Jack, then yeah, I really got a thing for kids," Elise sighed.

They drove in silence for a few moments.

"Elaine, my big sister? Elaine wanted to have twenty kids," Elise suddenly said. "Me? I'll probably never have any, but Lala was just made to be a mom. Ever since she got... I can't help but look at kids and wonder, if she hadn't died, would this be one of hers?"

They drove for a few more moments in silence. Then Jack sat up a little more straight in his seat and looked at Elise.

"Why you not going to have any?" Jack asked.

He was sure that Elise was gay. Why else would she still be living at home? Why else would she be such a hard ass about rules and regulations? Why else would she be able to sit in a car with him for hours at a time and not succumb to his charms? Why else would she always be so condescending, so condemning to him?

"Not a whole lot of guys want anything to do with a cop," Elise shrugged and turned onto Highway 19. "Kind of intimidates them, you know?"

"Lot of girls love them some cops," Jack said smugly.

Elise stopped at the intersection of Highway 19 and Highway 27 and let a long stream of motorcycles roar past.

"It's a four way stop," Jack complained.

"Not a big deal," Elise shrugged. "Let them go; unless you in a hurry."

Chapter 4

The wind from the Gulf of Mexico was strong, but Orville and Rosy held onto their kites tightly.

"Bet I can get mine higher than yours," Rosy laughed as she let more string out.

"You're out of your mind too," Orville smiled. "I have the Super Sonic Batman kite. What you got, huh? Huh? What you got?"

She leaned against him and he switched his kite string to his left hand and put his right arm around her.

"Why you have to go to work today?" Rosy asked. "It's Sunday. You don't get Sundays off?"

"Honey, cops don't get Sundays off," Orville said.

"Next time I see that boss of yours..." Rosy threatened.

"Don't you dare," Orville laughed. "He's giving me a hard enough time as it is."

"I bet he's got today off," Rosy whined.

"Well yeah, but not really," Orville said. "He's helping his daughter move."

The kites fluttered and swooped in the strong breeze.

"But you got me until three; okay?" Orville said.

"Yeah, I guess," Rosy sighed.

"You know what I've never been able to do?" Orville asked.

"Beat a woman at kite-flying?" Rosy asked, smiling.

"No," Orville smiled. "I've never been able to play the harmonica.

"Now where the hell did THAT come from?" Rosy asked, laughing.

"Wind blowing through them trees kind of sounds like a harmonica," Orville explained. "And I've always liked harmonicas. I mean, you see these guys take one and next thing you know, they're just wailing a way on it. I pick up one and it sounds like a dog having an asthma attack."

"You know, the other day, this poodle next door started having this asthma attack and my grandpa said 'my God, that sounds like Orville playing the harmonica,'" Rosy said.

"Smart ass," Orville smiled.

"You know, now would be a perfect time to kiss me," Rosy said.

"After that comment?" Orville asked. "I don't think so!"

"I can be very sweet when I want to be," Rosy said and puckered up.

"That's what you say," Orville said and did kiss her.

"My grandma and grandpa only dated a couple of weeks before they got married," Rosy said and began pulling her kite in.

"That's what he told me last Thursday," Orville said and also began winding his string.

X.X.X

Elise again looked around her home. Her new home. Her home.

"Of course, you don't have to spend the night here," Carmen said hopefully.

"Are you kidding?" Dick wheezed, coming out of Elise's bedroom. "I just spent thirty minutes putting her bed together!"

"And?" Carmen asked.

"Where's she going to sleep? The floor?" Dick asked, wiping his face with his handkerchief.

"Couch pulls out into a bed," Carmen suggested. "You can sleep on that; she and I will sleep in my bed."

"Bull shit too," Dick smiled. "My bed. Mine."

"Mom, I think I'll sleep here tonight," Elise smiled and looked around again at her home.

"Okay, Honey, anything else before I go home?" Dick asked.

"Nope, can't think of anything," Elise said.

After several tearful hugs, Carmen allowed Dick to drag her out of the small home and into the U-Haul truck.

"Going to have to put that lawnmower together for her," Dick muttered, looking at the grass.

"Now? I'll tell her," Carmen said, opening the door to the truck.

"No, not now, woman, get back in the truck," Dick laughed.

"But Dick, she's going to need to..." Carmen defended.

"Her next day off is Tuesday," Dick said, pulling out of the driveway. "I'll put it together Tuesday morning."

Elise pulled the rubber band out of her long blonde hair, releasing the pony-tail. She again looked around her home.

Mom had taken the money Elise was paying for room and board and used it to put a down payment on the small house. For a single twenty four year old woman, the house was perfect. It had two bedrooms and one bathroom, and a small commode and sink in the utility room. And Dick had shown her how, with a partition, it could be quite private.

"Give Paul a call if you want to do that," Carmen had said.

"Remind him that you're family," Dick said and pushed the washing machine into place.

Yapping from next door brought Elise out of her reverie and she looked through the window of her bedroom.

Henry was playing in the back yard, trying to teach the puppy to fetch a stick. He would throw the stick, but the dog would just bark excitedly, then Henry would go fetch the stick.

"Hi," Elise said, squatting down and putting her fingers through the chain link fence.

"Hi," Henry said.

"What's your dog's name?" Elise asked.

"Sam," Henry said.

"Sam?" Elise smiled. "Why'd you name him Sam?"

"Because he's a Sam," Henry explained.

"I see," Elise nodded.

"You going to live here?" Henry asked.

"Yes I am; just moved in today," Elise said.

"Do you have any kids?" Henry asked.

"No, I'm afraid I don't have any kids," Elise said.

"Oh," a disappointed Henry said.

Then Henry picked up the stick and turned away.

"Go get it, boy!" he cried out and threw the stick.

Sam did not; Sam was too busy trying to lick Elise's fingers through the chain link fence.

"I'm sure he'll get it sooner or later," Elise encouraged and walked back to her back door.

"Bye," Henry called out as he ran to get the stick.

X.X.X

"Alarm at one two one niner Highway 27," Becky called out.

"Shit," Orville said, recognizing the address of the Dead End Bar.

""Deputy Jackson responding," he said into the car radio.

Someone had tossed a Molotov cocktail at the glass window of the bar. The polymer material resisted breakage and the incendiary device shattered and burned harmlessly against the cinderblock exterior of the building. So, several bullets were fired at the window. The vibrations had set off the alarm.

"Bulletproof window did its job," Orville commented.

The window itself was severely pockmarked, but had held together. With no fuel, other than its own gasoline, the Molotov cocktail had simply burned out. But Orville very carefully gathered all the pieces he could for fingerprint analysis.

He looked around, and then smiled. A small camera was visible. He pulled his cell phone out.