All Comments on 'Grandpa and Me'

by Cromagnonman

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
misty_1misty_1over 6 years ago
welcome back

great story may you continue grace us with a thought or two thank you

bruce22bruce22over 6 years ago
Great fun.

I kind of wish that I had a Grandfather like that but my father was certainly not the man

in the story.

KRD19254KRD19254over 6 years ago

It is a good story but for one major point. The mother and father calling Dorothy and Felicity such vulgar names and making such disparaging names/remarks require a good slap across the chops by both Grandpa and Grandson to set them straight. Actually Grandpa and Grandson needed to deck the father.

There are two points in the story that make me wonder how competent the police/courts are, down- under, as the attempted shed locksmith issue the week prior gave the father provable notice of who the new property owner is. As tpo the shed break in, even though no finger prints were found the document theft and attempted grand-theft of the car was clearly illegal and should have gotten the father arrested. This arrest could have been used as leverage to get the father to back off!

But then the father under oath admitted he trespassed and broke into the shed steeling the documents and orchestrated the grand-theft ---- why wasn't he charged by the court for trespassing, breaking-and-entry, and attempted grand-theft? The police/courts are lame here too. The mother is just stupid, a privileged beeoch, crapping on her son. $7m a year and it will all go to his Grandson - nice. Engineers are so cool....

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I'm sorry, but I found the story and the characters somewhat flat and superficial.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 6 years ago
Hum

Let's face it, this story is definitely a fantasy, a fun one at that.

BobecheBobecheover 6 years ago
Thank You

Thank you. this was a wonderful and light hearted story. PLEASE don't stop writing.

The_PedantThe_Pedantover 6 years ago
Loony Tunes.

Full of unbelievable events and weird characters. An odd mixture.

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleover 6 years ago
I'm feeling better already

This story is a joyous, light-hearted romp, which indicates to me that you haven't totally soured on your friends and admirers here at Lit. But more to the point, your admission that as soon as the story took shape in your head, you just had to submit it for publication here, of all places. So these two bits of evidence point to the possibility of your continued association with your habitual readers, feeding us a few pages now and then. And that would be wonderful!

Hans

jackh1962jackh1962over 6 years ago
Good to see your work again.

It's good see an other new story ,although I missed it when it first came out somehow as I'm always looking for new stories from my personal favorite writers.Just saw this one yesterday,then read some others of your's and came back for a second read today.As I've said before I hope that you can keep 'em coming,but can understand if you don't,life has a way of getting in the way of things that you may wish to do,and you have to pick and chose what is more important.

PapaMikePapaMikealmost 6 years ago
Definitely requires

a suspension of disbelief.

Diecast1Diecast1almost 3 years ago

Great story, loved it. AAAAAA++++++

auhunter04auhunter04over 2 years ago

So something bit you on the butt and you whip out one of your better works.

I under wanting to take a step back. But damn you, you pitch us plebeians a crumb like this

and go on your merry way.

There is no way I can compel you to speak to us ever again through this medium, but I kindly ask you to consider it

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCromagnonman@Cromagnonman
I'm a pretty normal average male, chronologically well over 18 but psychologically I'm not so sure. I have been writing as a hobby for many years and now that I have time on my hands I am looking to become more professional at it. I enjoy reading, morning walks along the river...

SIMILAR Stories