All Comments on 'Greater Love'

by Judogeezer

Sort by:
  • 176 Comments
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 7 years ago
Help ! I'm Caught in Judogeezer's Literary Trap ( Baited with Platinum Pathos) and Can't Walk Out .

I enjoyed this, but didn't enjoy that I enjoyed this. If only Dan hadn't called that ill-fated meeting in futile attempt to win gullible wife Molly back ...or studied disarmament techniques of Krav Maga. I thank Judogeezer for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
A one

Bloody good read, five star for you.

SystemShockSystemShockabout 7 years ago
Swing and a miss

Waste of life, waste of words, waste of time. Frame it however you want, but taking a bullet for someone you know for a fact wouldn't even take a pebble for you is just retarded. Doing it for cunt like Molly...Well, I hope someone mails his next of kin his Darwin Award. Even after he sacrificed himself for her, she still insists that he didn't love her. I can ony hope she did the world a favor and offed herself later on.

Speaking of that sacrifice, it fell completely flat. Not just because of the sheer stupidity of the act itself, but because of the conspicuous lack of emotional reponse to it. Chris' so-called best friend just died in front of her and she seems to give maybe a quarter of a fuck. Molly's almost-ex-husband just died protecting her, and she's all "Too bad he didn't love me". No one cares. There are words, but there's absolutely no feeling behind them. Even Dan's final words have all the emotional impact of a shitty line spoken by a bad actor in a made-for-tv movie. And if not for Chris, they would've gone right over Molly's head.

I like your other stuff well enough, but this was just asinine, in my opinion. Just about the only good things I can say are that it's decently well writen on a technical level, and it's short enough that I didn't waste too much time reading it.

For those reasons, you get a 2.5 from me, which I'll round up to a 3 because I feel like it.

CrkcpprCrkcpprabout 7 years ago
Wow

Ok , I think I've gotten some dust in my eyes .

Really was a highly charged scene ! A little maudlin , but so what .

I don't feel much sympathy towards Molly , but I guess she truly learned a life long lesson , but at such a cost .

I understand why you would be so protective of this one , rightfully so .

I really enjoyed this, thank you so much for sharing it with us.

5*'s

C_frommnC_frommnabout 7 years ago
5 Star's

Great Story: Can't please all of the Idiot's.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
it was getting good

but then he had to die, he became a sacrificial lamb for someone who didnt deserve him. he was the biggest wimp to love his wife after such betrayal, to fight for there marriage to the end. Exposing the snake was my favourite part. then it went all down hill from there. you have religious undertones in this, i have seen it in other authors writing too and is odd considerin we are on a stroke site. to me its not my thing. i want retribution for things done wrong to me. it is my justice and many other readers here in loving wives share my opinion. You went waac, and he payed the ultimate price. Everything else was fine.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good story

Although wish it would have ended on a more positive note. Please continue with another chapter to let us know what happens now.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
"Maudlin" Doesn't Go Far Enough

Another commenter called the story "maudlin." This is being too euphemistically kind to a story rife with stereotyped sentimentality.

sugnasugnaabout 7 years ago
Good Story

I like the sentiment. I get loving a person that doesn't know how to love you back. I get "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." However, being a Christian does not mean being a doormat or a human shield. In the quote above, it mentions laying down one's life for one's friends - was Molly his friend? A former friend perhaps, but certainly not a current friend. Also, this plot contains the "stupid wife" got tricked into cheating on and dumping her husband theme. This is disrespectful to women at large. Molly was practically developmentally disabled in this story. Not very common for paralegals. Molly was in fact "trading up". She was lured by wealth. You might have better used Lot's wife, or Bathsheba as your Biblical reference in this story.

FirstwithUFirstwithUabout 7 years ago
Good story

Why all hate toward Christians and Christianity. Jesus sacrifice was for all mankind. Especially those who betrayed him. His love was unconditional just like David's was for Molly. The words are not platitudes but truth for those for whom understanding what is real agape love. David's love for Molly transcends her betrayal and a reminder that Eros and Philos are temporary. Molly learned the hard way what true love means.

5*

robinhodrobinhodabout 7 years ago
It was going so well...

Then it got a bit silly. Introducing a wild eyed loonie with a gun was a total cheat. I was looking forward to Dan destroying Mark by cool logic. Maybe Judogeezer realised he couldn't make it stick and looked for a get out? Comment Judogeezer?

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 7 years ago
Didn't like this story

But you write very well.

You have good ability but of course this didn't leave me feeling satisfied.

Keep em coming.

0zed0zedabout 7 years ago
JEEBUS H CRIPES! UNBELIEVABLE!

Quoting Scripture? On a porn site?

This author is on a Highway to Hell herself!

Republican Jeebus don't like porn!

Puh-Leeze, Give up now, and go away. Save your soul and don't write anymore crap!

At least dead Danny didn't live long enough to wimp out and take the cheating slut wife back. Wimps and Sluts should never be allowed to procreate, even in bible thumping fiction stories.

gmann57gmann57about 7 years ago

To bad that the women in these stories all are so easily led astray, Considering that they are suppose to be the more intelligent of the sexes. They sure do get stupid when theres a hard cock in front of them

BriteaseBriteaseabout 7 years ago
5 stars for a story that at least had a plot!

Golly there are some seriously badly affected readers out there. I do sometimes what some woman did to them. (And what they did perhaps, to cause it?)

HankWTullamoreHankWTullamoreabout 7 years ago
Tragedy that the survivors are not worthy of the sacrifice

Well done. Sad that so many commenting are so committed to hate.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 7 years ago
My problem here was

that the wife had to read that giving up your life for another is an act of love. It didn't occur to her at the time? Her husband taking a bullet for her had no clear meaning? She had to read it in the Bible? The guy is better off dead than forever in love with this very dense woman.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
@britease

I greatly admire your writing skills. I have read and agreed with so many of your comments. Found this one spot on until you added the (...) part. Given content of this story seemed ''off'' that males are held to be responsible for the actions of duplicitious females.

No matter the gender of the hurt if not emotionally distraught spouse, usually what he or she did to deserve the betrayal was be in love to a fault.

In the category of ''evoking emotional grief'' this story deserves a top five of all-time placement!

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 7 years ago
An excellent 5* story

Chris being a woman was a surprise, but had been very cleverly flagged earlier in the story.

Going to have to look out for your future stories.

And ignore the haters.

ju8streadingju8streadingabout 7 years ago

a sad story, but a good one!

TexasBBTexasBBabout 7 years ago
Well Done

Very good story. Sad ending, but very well written. She found out what love really meant in the end and will be haunted by it every day

TheKrrakTheKrrakabout 7 years ago
Tear-jerker

Wow, powerful and short - what a story. Huge surprise that Chris was a woman, but going back over it again it can be read between the lines. Just an excellent tale. Thank you.

5/5

looking4itlooking4itabout 7 years ago

One of the most disturbing anondiot comments I've ever read is that the wrong person died for him to stroke to. Really!?!? If the shark had died you'd have had an easier time finishing off?

I do find it interesting when people comment with horror when an author brings religion to a story here. They believe that is wrong but it's okay to troll around here themselves? Oh, the irony.

I liked the story but was left a little wanting. I admire the confrontation and having facts to cast doubt in the new relationship but it is obvious that she would have still left with the penis in the suit. It took him dying and reading a passage from the Bible for her to begin, just begin, to think she had flawed thinking in regards to Dan's love for her. Such a shallow person. I wonder how she quantified her love for him using the same shallow scale? She didn't because it wasn't her job to show love with material things. Therefore, the only true option he had to show the profoundness of his actual love was to die. Anything else would have cast doubts but still fall short in the long run.

patilliepatillieabout 7 years ago
Powerful,

Good job Judo, well done, enjoyed the tale and it is chock full of emotion. Hate how it ended but such is life...

ejsathomeejsathomeabout 7 years ago
Excellent and intensely emotional story . . .

. . . and very good writing. Enjoyed it very much. Thanks for your efforts. 5* without question. I'm not very religious, but your story moved me.

lerenardruselerenardruseabout 7 years ago
Good Solid Story

I enjoyed this from start to finish. I hate sad endings but I love the story, the characters and their relationships.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
OUTSTANDING

This is probably the best story I have ever read on this site. Thank you!.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 7 years ago
Sad, Dark Story

The title did telegraph the basic premise but I didn't connect the dots. HDK's comment is correct - Molly is brain dead. Hubby should have signed and upgraded, however, that would have been a different story. I didn't see the twist with Chris coming. Five star, intricate albeit depressing story.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyabout 7 years ago
Saintly Good Guys/Evil Bad Guys

Make for a good old-fashioned tear-jerker. Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great story

Sad ending. The bitch survives the good guy dies. Pretty dark and sad

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Awesome

Needs an Epilogue. Get Molly & Chris to castrate the lawyer legally in view of all the info available

Danger09Danger09about 7 years ago
I would've let the bitch get shot

No way in hell... Hated everything about this story. Molly has been sleeping with her boss for months, leaves her husband for him and the wimp is fighting for the shitty whore to the point that he jumps in front of a bullet for her?! GTFOH ‼️‼️..

kimi1990kimi1990about 7 years ago
You, sir, are a very good writer

There wasn't enough investment in the characters for me to buy into the sentimentality and become emotional, but it was very well written. Good plot and the point was good. The writing was spot-on. I'll read more stories from you.

Now, for your next story, you should involve a group of terrorists, alternate universes, a half dozen neutron bombs scattered about the city (they only kill people and don't damage property), some Ninjas, and the "Ultimate Nullifier." Then all the people panning your story will go nuts over it!

SantacruzmanSantacruzmanabout 7 years ago
Loved your story!

Hey Judo,

Loved the twist with Chris being a woman. Didn't see that coming. I've seen domestic violence when I was a kid and it leaves lasting scars and that was over 60 years ago. I hope to see more from you dude.

Very sincerely yours,

Santacruzman

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 7 years ago
Thanks for the effort

Overall, I enjoyed this one. A few random comments:

-- There is a lot of philosophy packed into this short story. Ayn Rand, Scripture, Judo,

etc.. You probably could write a much lengthier story that delves into each of these competing philosophies. It's a much deeper story than it appears on the surface.

-- The character of Molly is a classic LW trope: dumb as a bag of rocks, selfish, and completely naive. I've often said that this character behaves more like a rebellious teenage girl than a grown woman, and that certainly applies to Mollie. When she was getting lectured by Dan about the real meaning of love and the shallowness of greed, I couldn't help but be reminded of one of Mike Brady's lectures to Marcia.

-- The evil villain "Mark" is another classic LW trope. Could this guy be any more evil? He's greedy, shallow, cowardly, conniving, self-centered -- and a lawyer! Zero redeeming qualities.

-- Does anyone else catch the startling similarities between the gunman McKinzie and the prototypical BTB fan?

-- The "twist" was so well-executed that I had to go back and read the beginning just to see how it was done. It ain't easy writing without pronouns without anyone noticing. Major kudos!

Job well done, judogeezer. Four stars from me (for whatever that's worth.)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
nice story.....

thanks. A mirror image would be the same, not the opposite, huh? (page 1).

From another recent story, " I'd take a bullet for her, but not from her!"

Would have liked more retribution for Mark. He wont change, just move on laying

waste.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great story and message

Hidden among the bushes... There could be another good one if you can find a way to take the "autistic widow" and develop her into someone worthwhile. One small point regarding the following quote: "The condition for signing the divorce settlement," Dan continued, "was that I have a face to face meeting with my wife. I had asked for a private meeting, but it is no surprise to me that Mark here would insinuate himself into our business. He's afraid I'll do to him what he did to me. Right, Mark?"

Are you sure Mark "insinuated" himself.... He seems "quite impolite" and would most likely have "inserted" himself into their business, just as he inserted himself into their marriage and we assume... Molly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Impressive use of pronoun by omission. Enjoyable read

BoringOldGuyBoringOldGuyabout 7 years ago
Great first story

You hit this one out of the park! There is a lot of depth & emotion in this one. I especially like the twist of Chris being a woman - did not see that one coming.

You have a lot of material that will lend itself to further stories if so inclined, i.e. Mark's back story and a exploration of Chris.

Ignore the Anonymous trolls and please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Silly Selfish Bitch

Molly appears to have been traumatized into the next level of maturity but too late to reap its benefit. This story has good moral benefits and the BTB effect turns out to be self-inflicted. Too bad the ending was a sad one but it enhanced the lesson learned. Well done! I like the way you present the plot and mix the individual persons. Keep up the good work but don't make the next one so dark.

Tiny Tim

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Five Plus

Good story. Thank you for sharing.

RSKY

kage440kage440about 7 years ago
Great story, where's Chapter 2

I liked how everything played out except of Daniel passing. A second chapter of him just being unconscious and surviving would bit an interesting followup. he fought too hard for her to have her lose him.

paulskinspaulskinsabout 7 years ago
Good story

Ok, now write something that doesn't make me want to slit my wrist afterwards.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 7 years ago
After giving this some thought, which is not

something I usually do, I realized what in this story didn't work for me, even as many readers have high praise for it. It was well written and a nice smooth read. Our hero, Dan is a "great judge of character", presumably a marriage counselor, and all around smart guy. His wife left him and he never saw it coming. That can happen, even to professionals. The thing that he failed to recognize is the contempt, disdain, and disrespect she felt for him. He decides that a big reveal of her lover's lies would allow her an epiphany. As a professional, he should know what most husbands and parents know; running down a friend, boy friend, lover, or even a beloved pet will almost never result in a person liking you more, or even agreeing with you. It usually drives them farther away, emotionally.

Then we have the secretary that lives with an insanely jealous husband. She never thinks to tell the husband that she's working for a woman, just to allay any fears that there might be a romance there? That was the twist, if there was one. The lawyer being female was only a 'twist' because the secretary never told her husband that she worked for a female lawyer. It made no difference to the story, except for the incredible omission of the office help, which misled the insane husband.

Finally, our hero would have jumped in front of a child, an old lady, or a guy in a wheelchair to save them from a bullet. That's the way he was raised. Stepping in front of his wife proved his love for humanity, but not for her in particular. That said, her natural reaction, being a shallow, money grubbing, self centered slut would be to immediately assume that he did it for her. Then she would realize that he finally did something worthwhile in his otherwise meaningless existence as she left the building to begin her new life as a grieving widow engaged to a very successful lawyer. Her life would be great!

It is interesting that many people like both this story and the groundhog story, while so many of us find one or the other brilliant, and the other pedestrian. I am firmly in the camp with Ohio and many others that find "Play it Again, Sam" innovative, clever, and even ground breaking. I am just not in the camp that finds much new, different, or appealing in this well written effort.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 7 years ago
It had its faults

but overall, I enjoyed reading the story. I did find it highly implausible that Molly would not have known the "greater love" expression, even if she didn't know exactly where in the bible it came from.

And I feel the ending was too rushed. I think that having Dan critically wounded so that there could be a final reckoning in a hospital ward would have created a more powerful story.

potsherd22potsherd22about 7 years ago
Dear, dear...

....seems you failed to provide a happy ending, cosmic justice and redemption. How very insensitive of you.

I loved it!

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsabout 7 years ago
great story

I think you knocked this one out of the park.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

So if I understand this. The cheater will get all of hubbys property and insurance. She will go into counseling and find it was all her husbands fault. She will sue lover boy who she was fucking for 11 months of the divorce and more than 6 months before that. She will sue for sexual harassment and seduction and William use all of the evidence her dead husband collected and using it and his conduct on the day of hubbys death will get a 5 million dollar award. She will find another man who she will love like crazy and live a long and happy life and never think about that day again. Your story sucks. -1

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good effort, unconvincing

Dan is too perfect, Molly too awful.

Hard to reconcile how someone like Dan would ever end up with a stupid, selfish bitch like Molly. Dan has lots of hot girls after him. But, he's not interested because he wants and needs someone he feels a spark with. Well, he doesn't seem like the type to foolishly fall for a selfish bitch just because she's hot. Not with a good head on his shoulders and lots of other good options.

kjohns2001kjohns2001about 7 years ago
Sigh....love is truly blind sometimes

He still loved her, cheating stupid slut that she was. As for the comment about his nature and upbringing being more the cause of his sacrifice than love, there are many who are raised up as good people who turn out as common criminals and even murderers. Those who willingly give up their lives for someone else are a rare breed.

I think that the poor man made a bad decision, but that is my opinion and does not detract from his bravery or heroism. My only hope would be that the stupid cheating slut cow would succumb to overwhelming grief and guilt and live a long miserable lonely life filled with pain and suffering. But then I am a bloody bastard after all and want the evil stupid slut punished. As for the wife stealing bastard, I hope he gets AIDS and dies a truly horrible painful death.

Five stars, even though the wrong person died in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Always amazed that the most mediocre authors find the mediocre stories amazing.

Another example of twisting the action and the characters to match some punchline or plot device. When the tail is wagging the dog the dog becomes irrelevant. It would have made more sense if Danny had actually died for something worthwhile.

As others have explained, this couple made absolutely no sense. Apparently the marriage was as shallow as the Molly character, with the husband noticing absolutely no evidence of his wife's distraction, doubts, and complete secret betrayal. His eventual sacrificing of his life to save this soulless bitch culminated his efforts to retrieve a love that existed only in his heart, and his imagination. As mentioned, it will be maybe a few months, if not a few weeks, when she will accept that she must move on and find a man who really appreciates and can afford her. She'll probably be fucking Conroy again before Danny's body has started to decompose.

It was well written, with good character development and flow. But the characters' natures and behaviors were just too extreme and improbable to give the story weight. It ends up reading like a maudlin cartoon. I suspect this story is beneath your true talent.

Please try some more, with more realistic characters. Thank you for your effort.

rightbankrightbankabout 7 years ago
Well written

but depressing

I appreciate the effort taken to write this, and all the little twists and turns along the way, but in the end the good guy was murdered, the bad guy ran back to his lucrative law practice and extravagant lifestyle, and the cheating wife returned home to an empty house without learning anything, free of remorse and debt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
@SwingerJoe

McKinzie seemed more of a RAAC believer to me - what with his view that a spouse can commit whatever horrible acts against their partner they want, yet still somehow hold on to them.

Pretty good story, JudoGeezer. Thanks for sharing.

Cog

ptolmetptolmetabout 7 years ago
Outstanding!

It is well written and the characters are consistent. I love the story and the twists on the last page fit well the characters.

Thank you for this story.

gldngolfergldngolferabout 7 years ago
Luck

It seems from the comments we have two crowds. Crowd number one are the lovers and crowd number two are the haters. Fair enough.

Let's look at things from another perspective so you can select to be a member of crown one or two.

Essentially our poor bastard husband just had plain old bad luck. He fell in love with a woman unworthy of him. She fucks around on him and leaves him for some asshole with money.

Now the husband is a fighter, so he gathers enough information to show that the asshole probably killed JFK in Dallas.

Now, enter asshole number two. This asshole has no connection to the happenings of the cheater wife or our hero husband yet he still comes in and shoots up the room while our hero lays waste to asshole number one! Only in the fictional world of LW is this possible.

Unsurprisingly, asshole number one escapes unharmed. He will continue his life as an asshole primed to destroy another marriage. To keep the theme going, asshole number two gets arrested and his arm twisted by our hero's less than emotional best friend. But he will live and continue to be an asshole.

Worse of all is our poor bastard soon to be ex-husband steps in front of a bullet fired by asshole number two that was intended for the stupid bitch that cheated on him. If he had any good luck he would have been shot in the shoulder or another less vital area of his body. Instead, he caught the bullet in the chest and died. Like I said, bad luck.

In this story the bad people had good luck and the good people had bad luck.

Guess which crown I belong?

katranmankatranmanabout 7 years ago
Nicely Done

I enjoyed this one, it is well written and just the right length. Not the outcome I hoped for but that is up to the author. ***** story, I hope you write and submit more stories in the future. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Really well written story

Thanks for that. On the other hand this probably belonged in Non-erotic or the "Sad story" categories. While this was well done, it's simply not what I come to this site to read. I especially don't want to be lectured on religion. So while this was well written, I only gave it a "3".

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 7 years ago
liked the story, gave it a 4

I can't see laying down my life for her ass. She dumps him like a fart in the wind and he died for her like a fool.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great Story Geezer

One of the better stories so it gets a 5.* Really not as implausible as it may seem at first blush. Stranger things have happened and even if they haven't it is well told and a good read.

anon.1

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Lectured on religion?

While I agree that wasting his life for that shallow trollop was foolish, he did still love her. The quote happened to be biblical but was appropriate for someone who sacrificed their life for another. Grow up. Stop being afraid of other people's beliefs. This is a story of selfless sacrifice despite horrific betrayal. It was a sad story (as no lawyers were harmed in the telling - wink!). JPR

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyabout 7 years ago
Good well written story

The story is well written and very good.

The comments are really interesting as other comment have stated.

You know it is a good story when comments are good and interesting.

I gave the story five star and some of the comments deserve a four to five star as well.

Please keep writing and I will keep reading.

(I really need to figure out the author on this site I got the idea for it - I paraphrased the authors)

looking4itlooking4itabout 7 years ago
Always amazed...

...that people, especially anindiots, who have posted absolutely nothing here and contributed less than that through their comments complain about the quality of authors who have tried their hand at story telling. Moronic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Booo

Just one question: since when does a revolver eject a spent bullet casing?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Well Done!

I rarely give any writing a "5" -- meaning it's the best; can't be improved. Seldom happens, but I did with your story. For me, it had most of the important elements of a story that blend crafted fiction with real-life/believable elements of drama, pathos and consequence. Extraneous, inconsequential things are not present (e.g., such as the ejection mechanism of a hand gun's spent casing). The main character's stated purpose -- to prevent his wife from making the worst mistake of her life -- was achieved, after all. But with an unexpected element of surprise and finality.

Keep writing! Don't be distracted by pointless, mindless and irrelevant comments that try to pass themselves off as somehow offering deep insights to great mysteries.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Four Stars

Comparing Sociopaths to Ayn Rand fans, alone was worth four stars. You got that right.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

I really do thank those that write on here, I can't write, however when I got to the end of this I wondered why I wasted my time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wonderful first story

Yes, there were problems. However, listen not to the cunt naysayers here, none of which could string together a chapter.

My hat is off to you, Judogeezer. 5 stars because it was your first.

Keep up the good work.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 7 years ago
Beyond stupid

Obvious forced and contrived

Stonewall1954Stonewall1954about 7 years ago
No Casing

It wasn't the casing he said she saw on the floor it was the bullet Itself..

Good story, good writing..I don't comment about the actual story line itself because it's all fiction. Do your thing.If the story doesn't suit your taste don't read it...I don't get it where readers especially those replying annoymous, complain about the way a story goes and calls the writer all kinds of names.I think those who try living the story are somewhat sick and need mental help when they hate the story yet continuing reading...Can't please everyone so please yourself..Giving you a 5.....

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 7 years ago
Nice

Great tale. Daniel was a poor judge of character and it cost him his life. Great twist with the best friend being a woman. Molly was a horrible cheating cunt who deserves to be miserable for the rest of her disgusting life. Yeah I know, it's fiction. Still makes you think and feel. Great first tale. Keep up the good work.

Five Stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
So sad...

He through his life away over a worthless, lying, cheating bitch who was obviously too self-centered to care about anyone other than herself.

Ducky7Ducky7about 7 years ago
WOW great story

Really kicks you in the teeth about the reality of todays life materialistic. And second how battered women are not really protected.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great story

5*

The plot twist of Chris being a woman was pretty pointless though. Having the villain not know was a worthy plot point, but keeping us in the dark added nothing that I can see.

The story was written with the readers as a fly on the wall, where we would have clearly seen Chris as a woman, so surprising us, and changing our perceptions was of little addition.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 7 years ago
A full year of divorce proceedings and Dan was still hung up on his soon to be ex?

That isn't love, that's obsession. And for all his Judo, all his hours of training, all his time spent was for nothing. Wasted. Might as well have been digging a hole and refilling it for all the good it did him.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 7 years ago
*****

Nicely done.

A couple of plot twists that really didn't add much however overall it came together well. Looking forward to future tales.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Unlikeable

Could you have wrote a more shallow woman? Just didn't ring true. And that he wasted his life to save hers was just sad and a little pathetic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Anyone who can incorporate Ayn Rand into a story wins plaudits

Nice juxtaposition of Ayn Rand with the Bible within the story...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Some people don't really understand SELFLESS love....

We are to be Christ to our wives. That has real meaning. This is the problem with this whole topic of stories. Wives should give themselves to their husbands and husbands should sacrifice themselves FOR their wives. Dan did what he was supposed to do, stand not for himself but for her. Chris did what she was made to do, at that moment, for that moment she acted to save others. Some times we can act to save many, sometimes only one, sometimes we can't save at all only comfort in death. Dan fulfilled what Christ called him to do. With that love it is now Molly's choice to validate that act by surrendering to the one Dan emulated, the one who died for both Dan and Molly, and all of us.

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanabout 7 years ago
Very mediocre story

I think you, the author, said this was your first story? Keep working at it. Read some of the better stories here and try to work on the pacing and dialogues a bit more...

The husband sounded like a slow 12-year-old, and the wife sounded like an 8 year-old attention seeker.

"Marcus" sounded like one of Trump's boys, though! (Sorry... for those who think Jesus, his Dad, God, and his younger brother, Allah, sent Trump to save humanity... but the babbling idiot makes the average Orangutan seem a "genius")...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Sorry Genghis

your story is published where exactly...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good story, but...

It doesn't belong on this site. Maybe in the romance category where there's not an emphasis on erotica.

It simply doesn't belong

bruce22bruce22about 7 years ago
Nicely done Tragedy

For a first effort it was tremendous. You treat your words with care and love. I certainly hope that will offer us a lot more stories.

FD45FD45about 7 years ago

Not a huge fan of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Anony: unlikable??

If you think he wasted his life saving hers, you missed the whole point of this story! He LOVED her, and had already gone into hock to investigate Conroy's shady life, so by sacrificing himself was just another example of his Greater Love for her. In this day of the "me generation" and Ayn Rand clones running about, this story shows what a truly good (but way too rare) man does--he backs up his beliefs with his selfless actions. He even told her that his primary goal was NOT to get her back, but to get her away from the master manipulator, Conroy--for her own good. So, if you "don't get" this story, maybe you need to look in the mirror and ask, "Would I have taken a bullet for the man/woman I love--even after he/she left me? What kind of person am I? Am I capable of that kind of love?" Conroy is IMHO, a waste of human flesh and was dragging Molly down with him (not that she had far to go), but I have hope for her as she reflects on Dan's actions and last words. This story is fine where it's at, but should've contained a warning at the beginning telling all the wankers that it's not a fap tale, so they'd look elsewhere. Damn fine story...a big 5 in my book! Ignore the ignorant remarks by considering the sources as the Conroys of the world.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 7 years ago
Re: GenghisKhan!

Really Khan? You see politics in this story? Well I suppose we can expect no better from the crew who voted for Obama twice, tried to convince us Islam is a peaceful religion, and that we should have open borders.

The really telling part of your stupdity is not your remarks about the story, that's just your opinion, which you have every right to express. No, it's when you mouth off about religion that your brilliance shines through. Do you really want to live in a nation where fathers and brothers can to kill a daughter who was raped--no harm, no foul? (Oh yeah--that's right, the fake news media doesn't tell you about that, so it's all a big lie.)

News Flash! Even if you're only 30 now, within 60 short years you will face God. If you are depending on standing in front of Allah you better be right. I'm sure the God. you will find judging you,will be Jesus, the one your ilk seem to hold in contempt.

How you fare in that judgement is up to you--you make the choice, and you must be ready to defend your choice. I've made my choice and am ready--are you?

OnethirdOnethirdabout 7 years ago
Another clueless one

If we were to fashion a profile of the typical wife from this site, they'd be feckless, self-centered, clueless and faithless. Thankfully they are not, in the great majority of cases. The wife is a parody, and the husband is a saint. Oh, the previous anon should stick his politics back in the toilet he got them from.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 7 years ago
Excellent story

Well-written sad story, but definitely belongs in LW, where it stands out against the commonality of cheating wives who get burned in predictable ways. This was far more subtle and worthy of 5 stars. Just a thought, though: reading it through a second time, now knowing that "Chris" was Christine and not the Christopher I and the gunman had assumed, I think the story would have been better if the gunman had fired at the only man standing up to him (and therefore the only likely man worth his salt that his wife would have fallen for, rather than either the callow youth diving under the desk or the old man diving out the door) and that Molly's instincts about the man she truly loves, on the very last day of their marriage, would lead her to catch the bullet intended for him. As I say, just a thought.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
NOT BAD

Maybe stillloving her, but die for someone that shallow? I don't think so.

RANDOG61RANDOG61about 7 years ago
WOW

BEAUTIFUL BUT SAD. LOVED IT BUT NOW I'M IN SHOCK. IT WORKED, YOUR STORY! THANK YOU

bigdnc13bigdnc13about 7 years ago
Well done...

but not a fun read.

KRD19254KRD19254about 7 years ago

Salute, 6*; for once I see a story that delivered a relevant point but was a sad story none the less and the real victim lost.

Other than the obvious that she finally saw the light of a scum-bag lawyer lover, this less than a man lawyer got away with another one. In that, I wish there was a eulogy of his demise but it would have detracted from the harsh blunt intense point of this story.

Well written, a QHML1 in the making.

266xxyz266xxyzalmost 7 years ago
Great story

Definitely a 5*. Very well written. Thank you!

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 7 years ago

A bit too depressing, I didn't really enjoy the ending, the whole 'greater love' thing was a bit trite.

I would have preferred a happy ending for Dan, perhaps him ending up with Chris, but at least with him dead I avoid an ending where he takes the frankly idiotic, cheating wife back.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 7 years ago

Seeing an ending where Dan created a connection with Karen would have been nice also, in their shared misery of choosing the wrong spouse, and learning to move on from that.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 7 years ago

The twist about Chris' gender was a tad silly and contrived.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I have to agree with what Ib_Says had to say

Danger09Danger09about 6 years ago
So, the whore cheats, leaves her husband

For a scum and the poor loser husband gets a bullet in his chest? 😕...That's fuck'd up. I don't have to tell you I hated this story. The characters/storyline didn't make any sense. I'm not putting my life on the line over a cum slut whore. Fuck that shit. I would've loved Daniel with Karen. Molly was a whore and not a smart whore at that. I just didn't understand why he didn't just sign the papers as soon as he found out she was fucking her boss. What the fuck is there to talk about? I swear people love misery. Why would you want a person such as Molly as a mate, one whose love is so fickle? Neither of these dodos knew the real definition of love. That trust is not only gone it's been burnt to a crisp. She's been fucking her boss for months right under his nose. She quickly jumped ship as soon as someone with a bigger bank account came a long 10 years be damn. I'm confused as hell as to what he was trying to save? She would've found another Mark. Daniel also seemed extremely wimpish to me although the writer tried to make him seem bad ass. He still came off as a weak spineless loser who is willing to stay with a whore to keep from being lonely. She didn't give zero fucks about their years together why should he? I'm tired of writers thinking, just cause the wife is braindead, naive & easy to manipulate they get a free pass on cheating. I really don't see a real man wanting this whore back let alone jumping in front of a bullet for her. It's just too ridiculous to be plausible. The story was kinda boring, it didn't have any substance for me. I don't get the high scores. Just goes to show just because a story has a high score doesn't mean it's a good story. I forgot literotica is filled with pussy cuck faggots.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveabout 6 years ago
Because nothing

Says that you are a “weak spineless loser” than how our hero acted, just like Jesus. Acting like Jesus—what a rube... sigh

laptopwriterlaptopwriterabout 6 years ago
You got 5 stars from me.

Well done.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous