All Comments on 'Groupie (him)'

by Omenainen

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
OmenainenOmenainenabout 4 years agoAuthor
Different points of view

I wrote two of these, one from her side of the story and one from his. The name of the other one is “Groupie (her)”. If you bother to read both, I’d appreciate if you let me know which you liked better and why.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great story, still don't have a clue as to your gender

You ARE a superb story teller, and a sensitive individual, male or female or no-gender. Thanks for sharing this story; I hope you keep on writing here. Can you relate to writing the next reunion? Give it a go!

Highlander76Highlander76almost 4 years ago
Cannot possibly choose!

Thank you for this double effort, Omenainen!

I read "her" first, and loved it… the sheer poetry of your descriptions of her feelings and sensations was striking. And the ending was as I'd anticipated, and yet was a surprise.

Then I read "him". I had expected to find inconsistency, but it complemented "her" perfectly. Somehow you managed to find the right poetry to match the sequence, the feelings, the sensations, not a mirror image but the perfect counterpoint, providing the other point of view.

Your English, while not flawless, is exceptional for a non-native speaker… watch out for ankle/angle.

I wish I could add up the five stars I gave each, and rate them ten apiece.

Well done!

yukonnightsyukonnightsalmost 4 years ago

Did as you asked and read both. I can say that I like this one a bit more than the "her" point of view. I'm not sure sure why, maybe his thoughts were a little more focused? Could be that I enjoyed "his" thoughts about being so alone on his tours now? He seemed less enamored of his lifestyle and I guess I pictured him wanting her more this time around than she wanted him? I wonder too at the differences in the length and if that played a part? Wish I could be more precise and detailed, But again, a well written story.

Lovecraft_LoreLovecraft_Loreover 1 year ago

I liked the one from his perspective more . I assumed the when reading it from her perspective that he was just a creep saying the right things to get down some innocent young woman's pants.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userOmenainen@Omenainen
I write stories I like to read and publish them here in hope someone else might enjoy them too. Comments are much appreciated. English is not my first language, so go easy on my mistakes. I’m also writing under a second penname with the wonderful AwkwardMD. Our collaborat...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Groupie (her) Previous Part
Groupie Series Info