All Comments on 'Guilt Ch. 02'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Finish it....

Carla looked up as Randy walked into their apartment. "How was your trip"...

It was now Carla's turn to confess her guilt...

hawkeye007hawkeye007about 14 years ago
What?

Dave's reaction to his wife's confession did not seem realistic to me. There was no discussion of forgetting or forgiving. I don't understand his thinking. How could he be intimate with her so quickly? Would she have been so forgiving? I don't think so. His hell would be ongoing. Maybe, he's a candidate for sainthood.

bruce22bruce22about 14 years ago
Wel written Story

The point being,,,, Keep your mouth shut?? Except when trying to make up?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
I Liked The Carla Randy Thing

I don't see myself getting over my wife cheating with another man that easy, even if I did it myself. They would need some help or counsling, how does he trust her or himself next time he goes out of town. Well written, thanks.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 14 years ago
Superb

Your short series is a wonderful story. Very honest, direct but still clouded with the uncertainty of life. The romantic in me loves a happy ending and all prospects for a continuing healthy coupling.

DrallDrallabout 14 years ago
Well Done!

A fine ,true to life,story. Thank you,M.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Good Job

It is never easy to get over a spouse cheating, husband or wife, but it can be done and we are living proof of that.

magmamanmagmamanabout 14 years agoAuthor
I did my very best....

...To try and top that famous "It was a dark and stormy night" line, so I came up with "Like a bank of darkened clouds sweeping in off the Ocean".

I even put on my shin gaurds, waiting.

Nothing. No one seems to have noticed.

I will keep trying, I am having fun with this story..so there is...more.

LoL

MGM

morefunnmorefunnabout 14 years ago
Life Goes On

A very realistic story, for a good couple caught up in life. Dave overworked and out of town. God, I lived years like that. It sucks. The reality is believing and praying your wife, partner, friend and lover remains true while gone. You do, lonely nights watching TV or 20 hr days fixing other people's problems. You eat and work, no bars, no social life limit your exposure to outside influences, even though you are suffering a major case of SRH (spern retention headache).

You have a wife at home suffering from PPD, what a terrible hole of depression and doubt for any person to suffer. But it is real, you saw two other episodes when the first two children were born, but this third. Well it is terrible.

Janet in a cloud of darkness she cannot even describe to herself. The meds just make life so dull. I have watched this, you try to bring them out of it. You have a big weekend planned with dinner, romance and a reunion she wants to attend badly.

So Mag well done, telling a tale that is real in life. She fell, he fell but what do you do. She confesses before him, and he is stunned, but he is not innocent himself. Then the wise mom that gave advice to her daughter. But Dave kept his secret and took his wife back with love, care and tenderness. Any other choice would be cruel in my opinion only.

Thanks for completing the journey of Dave and Janet.

Again Well Done and thanks for sharing your time and talent.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 14 years ago
Both had affairs at the EXACT same time? contrived to say the least

Making the mistake of offering the woman in TX a place to stay because it is 2:00 AM.... Is not remotely the same thing as fucking intentionally another man then calling him up AGAIN...

The odds that both the husband and the wife just happened to have the affairs of the exact same time is just too fucking ridiculous to be believed.

The two events are not remotely similar. First the wife starts pulling away from Dave ...her husband several weeks before either event occured.

It turns out that she suffers from depression....

she is ON medication

never told dave

then intentionally decided NOT to take the medication

Second her actions are FAR worse. Carla fucked the other guy once... ....For reasons which are not really explained. She wanted to I guess... while Dave was working hard for Her and their family including a newborn baby. I suppose that some could get past a onetime slip up in SOME cases...

But then because Dave gets called away on work emergency that was so important Dave COULD of been fired if he did not go. So the WIFE calls the other guy and intentionally -- AGAIN -- fucks the other guy.

If the wife is having some sort of mental or emotional issue and he-- dave the husband-- is the sole provider and has his nose to the grindstone ... isnt the Burden to say something on HER ?

Dave's affair was a one time thing. He did not intentionally

go out of his way to fuck the other woman he met in Texas. Maybe that woman in TX did but Dave did not.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
ten times

this story line has been used about ten times the first time was stupid and this last was the worst it doesn't suit your writing style. You would find a way to forgive the woman no matter what she done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
nice

you adress one of the biggest problems of our time but don't even try to give an answer.

nobody is responsible what ever happen. I'm not even responsible of my comment. responsible for that are you or perhaps Barack Obama, my mother ?... if you shit in your pants , it's not your fault, it's the fault of the manufacturer of your underpants. why did he not write a manual that you are not supposed to shit in them? why did he not build in a plug so can't shit in them? so you sue him for 10 mio million $.

so like in this story, she has depressions and see what happens when your sick, I mean she really can't help it, right? it just happened , not once , not twice, she even got home and waited for his phone call. she is definitly not responsible for it.

the same about him. why should he be responsible? with so much work and then I mean he kind of got raped by that woman. and then all that stress right, others don't have to work at all, not finding any, they have it real good.

and anyway it's not important so why all the fuss, let's go on, we can't do anything anyway we are all not responsible.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 14 years ago
A lot of things are better left unsaid

He has her where he can control her now. She made two mistakes, one of cheating on him and the second of telling him about it.

If he didn't know about it he would never have to think of her infidelity.

As far as him telling her about his slip up and cheating, he is right to take it to the grave.

Thanks for the good story

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 14 years ago
Very good so far.

Enjoyed this. Maybe needs a chapter 3, where it is his turn to tell his wife about his own slip up . . .

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteabout 14 years ago
I certainly don't like any of these people....

....and my worst nightmare would be for my honey to have hidden something that important from me our whole life together, that makes the entire relationship suspect,no escaping it. I'm not sure what you were expecting vis a vis your cloud bank line, it surely is a great metaphor but I was reminded of the old "Outer Limits" show episode where the guy would lose his cool and a cloud of swirling energy would appear overhead and obliterate anything angering him. Dave will suffer the worst for his actions as his suppresion of the truth is more caustic than her transgression. Or so says mois, le pisant numeral deux.

RustyHotDippedNailRustyHotDippedNailabout 14 years ago
Didn't like this one.

You catered to the "I have no clue how to have a loving relationship built on love, trust, friendship, etc...so I am more comfortable basing my relationship on control," crowd.

Frankly, if this were a real relationship, it would be in huge trouble. Not because of the extramarital sex, but because the husband has chosen a destructive route. Yes, he has the control now, but the problem is, we already see that the wife is kind of frail emotionally. She will not hold up well as the husband learns to lean more and more on that control. More cracks will appear in the relationship, the husband will squeeze that control more, which will cause more cracks, etc... Divorce is in their future.

He had a chance to clear his conscience. Heck, he could basically still have a slight upper hand but one that really does no more than make her realize she had no place to get upset. Basically he says I screwed up also, but it was different. I was stressed out, this is what happened, yeah in hindsight it was dumb to allow the woman to stay in the room, but we were practically having sex before we realized who we were with. Then he could have said, we're even, now let's work on us, because one thing it made me realize is that I really don't want anybody else...just you. If you learned the same thing, this won't hurt us.

sexmatesexmateabout 14 years ago
Interesting story.

It was a bit contrived on them both cheating at the same time. But it was interesting to read!

I would say given to where they are at right now, I would defer also to his one night stand to be left unsaid and concentrate on their relationship with each other making it the best that it can be.

Thanks for writing!

oldwayneoldwayneabout 14 years ago
Salving her conscience at his expense...

was not very bright. Guilt is not an emotion best shared, It was not a story that I necessarily enjoyed, but it was a good one and deserved the 5 Stars I gave it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

I have to say the wife still looks more favorable in this situation. Yes she screwed up but she owned up to it. The fact that Dave did even worse, he didn't just sleep with Carla once he slept with her MULIPLE times MULTIPLE days, and he is acting like a self-righteous ass. He had the opportunity to admit his own trangression and see where they could go from there but he didn't. He knows Janet is beating herself up over her actions and he is just adding to the pain.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Still fair

Ch. 2 added nothing to the first ch. Janet lied about Randy's size and skill and Dave lied by omission. Next...

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 12 years ago
Lies on lies -

I will hurt a lot more by the end -

Nice build up -

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Loving it

I am glad this story is continuing. Good thing I checked. Again, I am going to be a hypocrite. I agree that he shouldn't tell her. His affair truly was an accident. He woke up in the morning thinking it was his wife. Yes, he should not have been in bed with the woman in the first place. But, his intentions were completely honorable. He was clueless that the girl was actually setting things up and coming on to him. had he realized this i am sure he would have disengaged immediately. In the case of the wife, she did several things to set up the tryst. She gave him her number. She sent the kids away for several days. She knew his intentions from a year earlier. She may not fully realize why she did it, but she played an active role. Yes, there are many similarities between the actions of husband and wife. The author is clearly writing it that way and forcing the reader to reflect on his moral delemna. However, this is one very serious difference: he was entirely passive in what happened.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
One more thought ...

""No, he is a 30 second wonder, and you are easily twice as big as he is."

Did she just lie to him? Hmm. This story could get very interesting. Five stars.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Last one, I promise . . .

If he tells her, it will only lead to her blaming him for her actions. At several points, the author had her saying how frustrated and lonely she was without him there. If he had only called instead of been fucking Carla. No, telling her would be big trouble.

krosis666krosis666almost 10 years ago
I can't decide which is more despicable

The characters, or the story.

Both are lying, cheating scum. I hope they both caught a disease.

I also hate the story. It's one big, drawn out excuse for cheating. Millions of people worldwide suffer from depression, and they don't cheat! If you had ever known someone that genuinely suffers from depression, you would know that the last thing on their minds is sex. Depressed people hate themselves, and don't think themselves worthy of being loved. It's despicable that you would a severe mental illness as an excuse to fuck around.

Just more apologist, excuse ridden cheater crap.

There is NO excuse for cheating, so stop trying to contrive one!

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
PILLS AND SCRIPT-DRUGS

are never the answer or the cure, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Closet homosexual

This guy stories are pathetic.. You would think at least one guy would grow a pair and btb... I think sometimes these "guys" are really women... And that is what they would want a "man" to do if they went out and had an affair,,,, let my tell you bitches that a real man would kick your sorry butts to the curb.. And never look back

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
2*

He's a turd

jimjam69jimjam69over 3 years ago

Hmmm, the plot thickens.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

At least SHE had the decency to be honest. He's a coward!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Guilt Previous Part
Guilt Series Info