All Comments on 'Hardscrabble Pt. 02'

by Texican1830

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
oldsage_1oldsage_1almost 3 years ago

Wonderfully written Story! Looking forward to the next phase of their lives.

Thanks for sharing your talent.

Cheers

SAGE

bgsmithjr52bgsmithjr52almost 3 years ago

outstanding worth the wait keep creating more

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I really enjoyed reading your story which has some historical facts also. Being born and raised in the great state of TEXAS I have been a student of the early days of this state. It is apparent that you have studied some of the history also. Keep up the excellent writing.

pepepilotpepepilotalmost 3 years ago

Awesome story that is very well written. I look forward to the continuation and hope that it will appear soon! :)

5*

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 3 years ago

Loved this story, but I hope you end it here. The last paragraph seems foreboding....

RanDog025RanDog025almost 3 years ago

Great story, love Western stories! 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Don’t make her a whore.

JohnD46JohnD46almost 3 years ago

Great story,... Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Thank you for your story. In addition to being a lovely romance, it gave me a chance to look up new words and old songs.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 3 years ago

Nice western. I enjoyed it a great deal.

linnearlinnearover 2 years ago
Remarkable Writing

Another wonderful read, very well done and I'm sure it will be read many more times by me.

dc6370dc6370over 2 years ago

I loved the story. My only question is from page 2. The diamond ring, was that an engagement ring? Why do I ask? Engagement rings didn't really exist until after WWII. A South African diamond company, De Beers, came up with an advertising slogan to increase diamond sales...A diamond is forever. That was the real birth of engagement rings. Unless my history is off.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Fished in Indianola 55 years ago. Fished and hunted between The Venado and the Port O Connor area and all the way down to the Land Cut. Good memories brought back by this story. I know about where La Salle built a fort up Garcitas Creek. Great story and fascinating area including the history about Shanghai Pierce. Thanks. Could have done without the mysticism but great story.

Texican1830Texican1830over 2 years agoAuthor

DC, thanks for the history. I didn’t know those things.

I used the two rings my grandmother wore as inspiration because she said they were passed down from her husband’s grandmother. People were so little back in the early 1800s, I couldn’t get it on my little finger.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Googled La Salle. Apparently they found his fort eventually. It was local lore the landowners had covered it up after finding it to avoid the circus.

Texican1830Texican1830over 2 years agoAuthor

Schwanzel, I did too! With my great aunt, who was widely accepted as the best fisherman in Victoria. She even made her own rods!

She was also a good story teller, as were many in her age group, so I was well-steeped in the legends and lore of Indianola before I reached my teens.

I can’t think of the name, but Louis Lamour wrote a book about the Goliad-Beeville area that include a good bit of action in Indianola just before and during the hurricane. Fun read, as are all his books.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

My respect and thanks to the author for providing us with such a well written tale. Another old Texas boy rates this at least a Five. Thank you for sharing!

servant111servant111about 2 years ago

All of your tales are outstanding. This one I love the best although the west Texas one is a close second. This reads better than the Sacket saga of Louie Lamont. Cannot wait until you continue this one.

5 well deserved stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Manipulative can't, Lily. What's worse is when Silas's mother, sister and Gwen give him a piece of their mind, taking the side of skank!! These are all manipulative bitches speaking about love

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Gwen and Tillie, two sluts

Horseman68Horseman68almost 2 years ago
Excellent Western Tale

A very enjoyable read of an excellent western. Look forward to more. Bravos.

Cracker270Cracker270almost 2 years ago

What a great story. More would be nice

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowover 1 year ago

This is a great tale, well told!

Thank you for another fine one, sir!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Awesome,!

linnearlinnearabout 1 year ago

I forgot how wonderful this story was. I'm so very glad I found it again.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman10 months ago

Very good, thanks for writing this

Tim_the_cajunTim_the_cajun9 months ago

Great story. Very entertaining. Thanks.

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker7 months ago

💯💯💯💯💯💯🤷🤷🤷👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍🤷🤷✌️✌️✌️😉😉😁😁😉🙋🙋🍻🍕.

More. PlZ

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker7 months ago

And thank you 4 ur storys

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTexican1830@Texican1830
Yes, I'm old enough to have enjoyed the '60s...and 70s, and everything from then until now. My experiences and points of view are likely quite different, so be open minded when you read my stuff, as I do with yours. Current works: Chapters 1 & 2 of Comeuppance are awaiting a...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Hardscrabble Series Info