Hate at First Sight

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I know, it's just me," I said. "I know you're a great guy, Talbot. Half the girls here get wet panties every time you walk by. Why don't you go after one of them?"

"Because I'm in love with this fantastic little black girl," he said. "She has this hair that looks like mine except it's about a foot longer, these huge eyes that just drown me every time I look in them, the most luscious lips imaginable, the most incredibly firm tits I've ever seen, an ass that makes me weak in the knees and legs that are just spectacular."

"Please, spare my blushes," I told him. "It's me, remember? I look in the mirror every day."

"That's what I love most about you," he said. "You have no idea how incredibly hot you are."

I snorted. "Thanks for the flattery," I said. "Now, I want you to go home, Talbot. I'm going to sleep for about 24 hours. When I wake up, we're going to forget all about these two days. Thing are going to go back to the way they were before. No, they're not. You're going to stop tormenting me. I don't mind seeing you around a couple of times a week, but you get on my nerves any more than that. Do you understand?"

He grinned. "Sorry, no can do. I'm going to remember everything. I'm going to remember exactly how those little chocolate nipples taste and how firm your ass is under my fingers. I'm going to remember everything. And, I'm going to see you every day. I love you and I can't stay away."

"I'm going to tell the campus police you're stalking me," I told him.

"Okay," he said. "Do you think they'll arrest me?"

"I don't want them to arrest you, I just want you to leave me alone," I told him.

He didn't and I didn't tell the police. I transferred at semester. I told the coach I had a problem with my boyfriend and I couldn't attend that school anymore. He released me from my commitment, and I didn't have to sit out a year for track. I got an even better scholarship, and I absolutely forbade Dad and Mom from telling anyone where I was.

My life gradually reached some semblance of sanity. I went on dates like normal girls, I went to parties, and I went to school. I didn't go home for six years. Dad and Mom came to see me and I missed the hell out of them. After I graduated, I was accepted into law school at SMU. I passed the bar and got a job offer back in Portland. I was a criminal defense attorney. I'd done internships in the prosecutor's office in Ft. Worth and Dallas and I hated everything about it and everyone that worked there. What kind of people persecute others for a living? Yes, I said persecute. They were corrupt, self-aggrandizing, politically upwardly-mobile, full of self-importance and did I mention corrupt? I heard that at law school before I took the internships. The only people that went into prosecution were would-be politicians and the incompetent, people that couldn't make it in private practice.

No, I wanted to make sure people that were on the wrong side of the political spectrum got a fair shake. They wanted me bad at my firm, and they gave me a pretty sweet deal. My first case was defending a teacher accused of molesting the little girls in his second grade class. Some fat ugly skank in social services got carried away. Her methods were outlandish and she coerced tales out of those kids that were impossible. I mean, they were anatomically impossible. There was not a shred of physical evidence. It all rested on the testimony of second grade children. We got independent experts to examine the children and they all confessed that they made the stories up to keep the skank off their case. As long as they made her happy, she left them alone. If they tried to tell the truth, she threatened them.

When I showed up in court, who do you think the assistant District Attorney was? It was none other than Talbot McCoy. My instincts were right. No wonder I hated him. He called all his witnesses, played ridiculous videos and put the skank on the stand.

In the meantime, the good man, the dedicated teacher who had spent a year in jail, lost his wife, been denied the right to see his kids and had his life ruined, sat by me and sobbed. I took the skank apart. She was blubbering on the stand about being molested by a teacher when she was six, and repressed memories, by the time I got through with her. A jury of 12 of his peers declared him not guilty after two hours. Talbot came over to congratulate me after the show was over and, of course, the first thing he did was hug me.

"God, you look good, Livingston," he said. "Where have you been? I looked everywhere for you. Your parents wouldn't tell me where you were. Did you know I'm volunteering for your Dad as an assistant coach? Damn, I've missed you. Would you like to go to dinner and catch up?"

"No, Talbot, I wouldn't," I said. "You have the nerve to come over here and ask me to have dinner with you after what you just tried to do to my client? The man was obviously not guilty and you and that fat bitch tried to railroad him."

He looked like his feelings were hurt. "I don't get to pick my cases," he said. "If the DA gives me a case, I have to make the best of it. I'm just doing my job, Livingston."

"Well, your job sucks," I told him. "Do you realize you just gave me the same excuse the Nazi prison guards gave for slaughtering people? Don't speak to me outside professional bounds again. You need a new job, Talbot. Are you thinking about running for office?" I could tell by the embarrassed look on his face that he was. I was disgusted. "Jesus Christ, Talbot, what happened to you?" I walked away and left him standing there.

The next day we filed suit against the county, social services and the skank. They were very sorry and offered to settle. My client wanted it to all just go away. I didn't think that was in his best interests. I wanted the skank's license pulled, her public humiliation, a wrongful imprisonment against the county, a malicious prosecution against social services and the DA's office and a huge cash settlement. They amended their offer several times. Finally my client took it against my advice. I got him everything but the DA's office.

Three weeks later, I went to dinner at Mom's and Talbot was sitting at the table when I walked in. I started out the door and Mom ran after me. She threw herself on me and begged me to stay. "I'm sorry, baby," she was crying. "Your father and I love Talbot. He told us he had something he needed to say to you and you blocked his calls and refused to speak to him. I'll make him leave if you want me to. We'll never see him again. I'll make your father fire him. Don't shut us out, honey, please."

I held her tightly. "That will never happen, Mom. I owe you my life. You took me in off the streets and I'll love you and Dad forever. I just... he makes me crazy, Mom. I think he is crazy. What could he possibly have to say to me?"

"I don't know, honey. He wouldn't say." She hugged me and wiped the tears that were running down her cheeks. "Maybe you should just let him have his say. I'll make him leave right after dinner."

I kissed her on both eyes. My lips were wet with her tears and I kissed her lips. "Don't cry, Mom. I'm sorry I made you cry. Don't break my heart."

She held me very tightly. "It's your Dad and me that owe you everything," she said. "You know we couldn't have children. Then we got you and our lives were complete. You made us happy, Livingston. You're my heart."

We were both crying now, and it took us a minute to compose ourselves. Dad came looking for us and found us leaning against my car and blubbering. He came and held us and we straightened ourselves and went in. Talbot, of course, gave me a hug, and we started eating. Conversation was all football for a while, but Talbot kept glancing at me. Finally, Mom threw up her hands.

"For heaven's sake, Talbot, spit it out."

He cleared his throat a time or two. "Livingston, you were right," he said. "You were right about everything. I thought about what you said about the Nazi death camp guards. I can't imagine what could have happened to me to cause me to make that statement. As I thought, I realized I didn't like myself very much. At first, I was furious at you. The more I thought about it the angrier I got. Then I figured out that it wasn't you I was angry with, it was me. I don't know what happened to me. That was exactly what the Nazi death camp guards said, 'I was just doing my job.' I had a talk with your father and I quit the DA's office three days after you said those things to me. Thank God you got that man acquitted. I don't know how I'd live with myself if I had won that case. That's what I wanted to tell you."

"What about politics?' I asked. "What are you going to do?"

"I joined the public defender's office." He grinned ruefully and that playful boy that I'd always known was back. "I need some experience before I hang out my shingle. I'm going to get it right this time."

Damn, now I was going to have to treat him decently again. "Okay, that's good. I'm proud of you," I told him.

"I'm sorry, Livingston. Do you forgive me?"

"You didn't do anything to me," I said. "It's yourself you were killing. Yes, I forgive you."

"Does that mean you'll have dinner with me?" he looked hopeful.

"Jesus Christ, Talbot, give it a rest," I told him. "I still don't like you."

"I can't," he was grinning at me.

"Wipe that stupid grin off your face," I told him. "What the hell do you mean, 'you can't'?"

"I'd kind of like to know that myself," Dad said.

"Coach, I'm in love with your daughter," Talbot said. "I have been since we were juniors in high school. She hates me, but I can't help it. I'm crazy about her."

"See, Mom, I told you," I said.

"No, I don't see," she retorted. "Why do you hate Talbot?"

"He annoys me," I said. "He's a supercilious bastard and he always has been."

"No he's not," Dad said. "This has something to do with you, Liv. Are you not telling us something?"

"What is this, an inquisition?" I asked. "I'm defending myself in my own home to my own parents?"

"No, no, of course not," Mom said. "If you don't want to talk about it, we won't. You men are going to leave Livingston alone."

They knew better than to argue with Mom. We had dessert and we played party games for a couple of hours. It was a hoot and I had a good time. When I got up to go, Talbot got up, too. He walked me to my car and opened the door for me. He knelt in the door with his eyes level with mine.

"I'm not going to give up, Livy," he said. "Have dinner with me."

I laughed. "You're a persistent son-of-a-bitch, Talbot. I'll think about it. Don't pester me, I mean it. It just pisses me off."

"I won't," he promised. "You better tell me soon, though, or it will have to be McDonald's. We Public Defenders aren't highly compensated."

I laughed. "I think you're going to be just fine. You'll hit the ground running. You've succeeded at everything you've ever done. State champ, remember?"

"Yeah, you're right," he said. "I'm the champ. So are you, Livy. Thanks. I'm glad you aren't married."

"How do you know I'm not?" I asked. His eyes fell to my hand and didn't see a ring. I laughed. "Got you there."

He chuckled. "Call me," he said, and he shut the door.

I drove home and forgot about it. I was very busy for the next three weeks, and I never gave Talbot McCoy a thought. I was in a meeting with an assistant DA and she was very short with me. I asked the guy that was with me what had her panties in a bunch and he said it was probably she had heard Talbot was crazy about me and she had designs on him herself.

I texted him and told him I'd meet him for dinner if he'd let me buy. He called after ten minutes. We agreed on the place and I told him I'd meet him there.

"Christ, Livingston, give me a chance here," he said. "Let me pick you up and take you on a date. Let me take you out for a drink and a dance afterward. I haven't danced with you since we were prom king and queen. It didn't kill you then, and it won't kill you now."

I had to laugh. "Okay, Talbot, you can pick me up." I gave him the address and forgot about it. I didn't forget Friday, and I was ready to go. The traditional little black dress doesn't do that much for us dusky maidens, but a white one really makes my complexion pop. Talbot's eyes nearly fell out of his head and he croaked something at me. It was very amusing.

"Close your mouth," I said. "You look like a fool."

He grinned. "I feel like a fool," he said. "I don't know why I do this to myself. I must be a masochist."

"I figured that out a long time ago," I told him. "We're a perfect match, because I'm a sadist."

"No, I know better than that," he said. "You're perfect, Livy. You've always been perfect."

"Talbot!" I warned him. "If you call me Livy one more time, I'm going back in and you can go eat at McDonald's by yourself."

He laughed. "Sorry about that. I keep forgetting. I'll try really hard."

I liked his car. It was an old MG, in perfect shape and I thought it would be fun to drive. We drove about five minutes and he pulled into McDonald's and parked. I just looked at him. It was my turn to look like a fool with my mouth open.

He burst out laughing and nearly choked. "You should see the look on your face," he wheezed. "You really thought I was taking you to McDonald's, didn't you?"

The man was infuriating! "Okay, ha, ha," I said. "Very funny, Talbot. Where are you taking me?"

"Only high class for my girl," he said. "We're going to Wendy's." That set him off again. He wiped his eyes with his handkerchief. Who has a handkerchief these days? Then, I remembered. Talbot always carried a handkerchief. That was what he had cleaned me up with that night when he rescued me when I was puking my guts out. I remembered what had happened the next morning, too.

"Talbot, did I ever thank you for rescuing me that night I got so wasted at the party?" I asked him.

"Yeah," he gave me that boyish grin. "You kissed me and let me feel you up, remember?"

I blushed furiously. Yes, black people can blush. "You asshole," I half yelled. "You practically raped me! I've been traumatized ever since. Where are we eating? I'm starving!"

"Someplace with a salad bar," he said. "Your Dad told me your butt is getting fat and you're worried about it."

I hated him. I hated my Dad, too. He was going to catch hell for this. "Well, you and Dad can both kiss my fat ass," I told him. "I want fish, and pasta! Get moving."

He took me to Joe's, and it was very good. I was having a good time, too, in spite of being in the company of a creature I hated. He was as witty and charming as ever, smoking hot, too. Those big brown eyes, all that hair, those huge muscles and still as smart as ever.

He told me about how work at the public defender's office was going. He was defending homeless people, drug addicts and immigrants. He thought it was very rewarding and he was feeling very good about himself. I was happy for him and very gratified that he was enjoying his position, especially since I had made it impossible for him to stay in the persecutor's office and live with himself.

He took me to a club and we had a great time. That is, until we ran into some asshole that had a problem with us.

"What's a fine sister like you doing with white bread here?" he asked. "Let's you and me get out on the floor, bust some moves and LaMartin make you forget all about white boy."

"Drop dead, Asshole," I told him.

I turned back to Talbot. "Want to dance?" I asked him. "We haven't danced since high school prom."

"Yeah, I know," he said.

"I'm talking to you, bitch." LaMartin was still alive. I had told him to drop dead; he hadn't listened. That was a mistake.

I stood up. "Well, since you're such a dominant, intelligent man, how can I say no to that?" I said. "You brothers sure know how to talk to a sister and get her all hot and bothered."

He smiled like a fool, oblivious to my sarcasm, and took me by the elbow, pulling me up against him. I used the momentum and kneed him in the balls with everything I had. My father is a football coach and I've been lifting weights every day since I was 12. LaMartin was going to need help. I held out my hand to Talbot and he took it with a grin. "I've seen that move before," he said.

We stepped over LaMartin, and moved to the dance floor. "I don't think we should go back to that booth," he said, nodding in that direction. There were a couple of bouncers dragging LaMartin off, and a third one looking around, trying to spot whoever was responsible for Lamartin's condition. I ducked my head into Talbot's chest and giggled.

"God, you're sexy, Liv... Livingston," he said. "You have the cutest giggle. I've always loved it. Why didn't you knee me in the balls that morning I 'practically raped you'?"

"I was off my game," I grinned up at him. "I was hungover, badly, remember? Besides, you made me breakfast."

"I'd like to make you breakfast again," he said. "Spend the night with me and I will."

"Are you nuts?" I couldn't believe he said that. "Jesus Christ, Talbot, just when I was beginning to think you got it."

He looked shocked. "Got what? What's wrong? I just told you I'd like to have you spend the night!"

"Why would I want to spend the night with someone I can just barely tolerate?" I said. "You may have weaseled your way into Mom and Dad's hearts, but not mine."

I think that finally pissed him off. "I don't need this," he practically dragged me back to our table. "I've never been anything but nice to you, Livingston. For some reason, you've hated me since the minute you set eyes on me. I've tried and tried, I've hung around for years, treating you like a princess and your feelings about me haven't changed a bit. Well, I've had enough. I thought you would have grown up by now, but, no. You're still the same spoiled little brat you've always been. If you're through with your drink, I'm taking you home."

Well, he was finally waking up. It was about time. I signaled to the waiter and he brought our check. I left a tip and Talbot settled up.

Our drive home was silent and hostile. That suited me just fine. When he pulled up at my apartment, he didn't even get out and that suited me, too. I went in and answered some emails, took a bath and went to bed.

The next Monday at work, Thomas Beck asked me out for Saturday. I liked him, but I'd turned him down a dozen times. I was feeling differently now. I said yes, and I felt pretty good about it. He was an up and comer and seemed like a nice guy. He was a little arrogant and brash, but he had some reason. He did tax law and wasn't really a courtroom kind of guy, but there are probably more billable hours in that than anything else. I knew he was getting close to junior partner and I wanted that, too. I figured I was a lock after the publicity with the schoolteacher case. The senior partners had been making a point out of coming by to congratulate me.

Saturday rolled around and I was feeling pretty good. I worked out, had a light lunch and I was ready for the big date. It was a bit of a disappointment. Dinner and a movie, sort of uninspiring. I had a good time, though, and I kissed Thomas goodnight, thinking I might have something going on.

I hadn't been dating much, concentrating on my education first, and then later, on getting my career off to a good start. This felt pretty good and I agreed to a second date. That was a nightmare. We went to a club, he had too much to drink and turned into Mr. Octopus Arms. For some reason, he felt like it would be a great idea for him to put his hands all over me. It wasn't a very good idea.

I suppose he thought I should be impressed with his greatness and be grateful that he wanted to maul my breasts. I do enjoy a good mauling every now and again, but only from people I invite to the party. I reached over and stroked the front of his pants. He had an impressive hard-on. I slid the zipper down and reached in. He had a disgusting smirk on his face. "You like that big dick, don't you, Baby," he growled.

123456...8