All Comments on 'He was thinking about marrying her'

by ReedRichards

Sort by:
  • 75 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 4 years ago

He lucked out, big time!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Seems unfinished

Maybe just another paragraph or two about his response, her getting dressed and walking out the door. Or maybe one for the road, a couple of tears, and parting.

But at least a goodbye! And his emotional state after he processed for few minutes.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 4 years agoAuthor
I know some will complain . . .

. . . that this story is unfinished. I did have more, in which Sgt O”Neal went to Confession, and then Lauren’s husband had him brought up on adultery charges under the UCMJ, but those didn’t stick because he didn’t know she was married.

But that part just didn’t flow well, and was really an anticlimax, so I left it out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Poor guy

Or maybe I should say “poor guys”. I’ll bet next time he asks if they’re married first ‘cause he seems like a decent sort. Let’s just hope this Dave isn’t like Vandemoniums Dave characters!

clarkgarbleclarkgarbleabout 4 years ago
meh

Theres more emotional tension in doing the dishes

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I only hope her husband

Does not re-up, or there will be many more deployments. Unless he finds out from some kind soul or sees the videos you have uploaded on the internet, while he is browsing in Incirlik. Then when she comes back, you can ignore her calls, texts and knocking on your door

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

should be a part 2 to where he tells the husband he has an unfaithful wife

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Unfinished .

Thought this was going somewhere good , and then it was over .

Got to say I am beginning to get fed up with authors writing stories and leaving it up to the readers to imagine their own endings .

It might be the modern way now ,but it's not clever or classy ..... if you cannot be bothered to finish it then don't start it !!

Rant over , what was there was good . Two more pages would have been brilliant .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

I leave fragment of review for fragment of story

Premise good

Where rest?

PowersworderPowersworderabout 4 years ago

"I don't think you'd have taken up with me if you'd known I was married"

Probably because Frank was a nice guy and wouldn't dream of screwing another man's wife. Frank needs to have a chat with her husband and let him know what kind of woman he's married to.

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfabout 4 years ago
Shorter than short

Man...I love you're writing. But what's up with the short stories lately. Thin plot, no character development. Still give you 5. But this had the makings of an epic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Finish?

Not a good way to end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Missed opportunity

He should have been named Jody.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
2

Another long time author that's becoming easy to ignore. Too bad, he's written some decent stuff in the past. He will of course delete this comment right away, because that's what Reed Richards does.

hindsight2020hindsight2020about 4 years ago

Come back when you write a whole story.

1*

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

"it would at least be with just the one guy." - I don't know if that's better or not. A guy a week for five weeks is definitely slutty, which would be worse, but one guy over five weeks is obviously a relationship, which certainly COULD have been worse if she didn't at least have the strength to end it.

JBEdwardsJBEdwardsabout 4 years ago

I agree with Anonymous (Seems Unfinished). They need a much longer discussion. I guess the moral is: If you marry an oversexed sexpot, don't leave her alone for 13 months! 12 months, okay, but not 13! 5*, and I'd love a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Interesting

vignette. Deserves a better score.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 4 years ago
Take pictures then through her out

Send the pictures to her husband with an apology. The husband needs to know his wife is a whore before she gives him an STD or hurts his career. No military man wants to be Jody. She is a liar and deserves to go down.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Very Real Slice of Life

Not too uncommon in Hampton Roads. A local TV station shows spouses meeting naval ships returning from deployment. If you want to see guilty faces!

symtronsymtronabout 4 years ago

WELL! Damm!!! Please continue this story...ideas?

1. His POV on her announcement

2. Life afterwards

3.Seeing her with hubby on base or in the town

4. She sets him up with someone else after another go at him as an apology

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
If there is a common characteristic in your writing I think it is this one: . . .

shallowness. The plots are insubstantial, the settings and setups are kind of random and pointless, and the characters are paper thin. And that might be your writing MO, and if so, congratulations. You nail it almost every time. But from this reader's perspective its like random variations of bennie weenies.

Sure you mix up the beans and the weenies, try different sauces and flavors, but basically its very very similar. And I like beenie weenies. But they're more of a snack than a meal.

So here we have a guy contemplating marriage, and he doesn't even know the prospective partner's age? What's her background, education, family situation, career, interests, hobbies, talents, plans, goals, morality and ethics? You know, the sort of things you would want to know before you entered a business partnership with someone you met 6 weeks ago. And all he really knows is that she's attractive and a great fuck, so why not marry her? And I have the uncomfortable feeling that you think this is normal, or at least typical, for how marriages originate. And looking at the divorce rate you may be right.

You really seal the shallowness when the asshole doesn't seem to care that this whore is fucking over a fellow service member, out risking his life for his country. And you make it obvious that if he had met this cheater earlier in her husband's deployment she might actually have fallen in love with him and divorced her husband for this tissue paper poltroon. And we all know that its probably just a matter of time before she cheats again, and another trusting dumb shit finds out too late that he's raising another man's children and wasted most of his life on a worthless whore. And this asshole could have saved him from that if he had the balls. But he doesn't.

Having balls requires courage, insight, and depth. All this guy has are some useless beenies and a weenie with no brain, or conscience.

Snack time.

But thanks for the effort.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 4 years ago
Nice and neat

Good story a fun read. Hey the sarge is a lifer and not a newbie, he'll pull up his pants and get on with his life. Sounds like he made out pretty good and shouldn't have any regrets.

enderlocke27enderlocke27about 4 years ago
eh

too stupid for me. dumbass didn't even know how old she was and wanted to marry her. i hope our real service men/women are smarter than that. also didn't really feel like a story to me. more like an essay of what not to do

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
That is why they used to require permission....

In the old days one needed your CO's permission to marry. Absence makes the heart grow fonder - of somebody else. Sorry but it is the truth. She strayed but she was going back, she loved her husband and that is the truth. I know we are all sanctimonious today but my grand parents talked about the agreements they had with other couples, he flew B-17 in Europe then B-26 Marauders in Asia and was one of the handful who did that and survived. The group of couples shared wives and husbands so that if one was lost, someone could take up the slack and take care of each other. They used the sexual bond to share their pain and fears. The women often slept together. Modern swinger life style came from this world, not often talked about but it is true. They lost lots of friends, took care of lost of wives and children, fostered some whose mothers lost the battle with depression. My grand parents raised 11 children in total, four of their own. Judge less, forgive more and learn that the wives of our military also serve and fear and love and have needs.

hotprof1973hotprof1973about 4 years ago
Nice flash

Since this is about the guy she cheated with, I’m happy with it ending here. I found it interesting that you had her lasting so long being faithful (about a year) and not finally straying until her husband was almost returning.

cknthisoutcknthisoutabout 4 years ago

I thought maybe the husband comes home, confesses to his wife of his infidelities abroad, she confesses hers, husband gets turned on and the three of them start playing together.

bruce22bruce22about 4 years ago
Who won what here?

It did sound like love made in heaven. If her husband is that good then she came out ahead.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Muther Farker - that sh*t happened to me!

A LOOONNGG time ago, close on 30+years ago... met a BABE hardbody... absofuckinglootly gorgeous. Super sweet. WANTED her to marry me.... and she said her husband was coming back from an unaccompanied in Korea. And an air force wife at that! Guess I dodged a bullet. She did it to him, she'd have done it to me. But damn, I was heartbroken.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
He needs call the husband

Immediately

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanaliveabout 4 years ago
No Score

Good start but incomplete story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
This story ended .its incomplete. That’s all you wrote

So where’s the rest of the story. A cheating wife who gets a guy to love then ends it to go back to her husband. The husband deserves to know!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
poorer score

I'll admit to giving a lower score. My thoughts are based on this being unfinished. If she was just a cheating whore until her husband came home..the end. then I'm justified. usually I'll wait to see if there is a part two, I just have a feeling with this one that this was the story. :0/

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Yeah sarge

Cheating whore's confession makes you want to find a woman to marry doesn't it? She'll surly cheat on you next deployment.

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 4 years ago

I have to say I'm split on this one. First, I feel that it was unfinished. But if I took it the way it is, I would have to say, no Jody would not be his name. A Jody is someone who knows she is married and does it anyway, Frank didn't know. I would like to believe he took the high road, let her go and then forgot about her. If her husband is going to find out let it be from someone else.

Reed, I didn't like your maybe that you left off and I'm glad you did. I will wait for a better story from you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
1*

What a skank!

jesemmojesemmoabout 4 years ago
Too quick

I guess we're to think that everything is hunky dory and they go back to their old life and live happily ever after. Much too short.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
She turned him into Jody.......

NOW he has a bullseye on his ass.

ForensicFossilForensicFossilabout 4 years ago

Story Is Done

This story is finished and complete as is. It is quite good.

catamitecatamiteabout 4 years ago

They'll Meet Again

I just know it, they will surely meet again. She has tasted the forbidden fruit, and fuck is he ever hooked.

oldwayneoldwayneabout 4 years ago
Robroy said it as well as I ever could...

Thanks for a story that has happened too often in real life.

adevilru12adevilru12about 4 years ago

Disappointed. No ending

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Fred's slice of life

Reed writes very well, relating stories from his vision of everyday life. In my reality, Lauren's combat hardened pararescue husband or his war buddies find out about REMF Sgt Weatherman's courtship of Lauren. Not realizing that he is also a hapless victim of the lying, cheating dependa wife, he is badly injured in a drive by beating. His injuries cause him to be medically discharged from the service. Lauren ends up divorced with half of nothing , our trolling for her another naive serviceman. Maybe she can slide over to Little Creek and catch a Seal. Sammie seems pretty simple. Fred's story does happen, probably very frequently. But I think my version happens too. My experience points that way. Another good, not very happy story from Reed.

tennesseeredtennesseeredabout 4 years ago
Short

Short but well written. A good opening sequence if you had somewhere to go with it. You've got the boy gets girl - boy loses girl parts. Now, how does he get her back? Or does he?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
good writing

Emotionally disconcerting, but well written.

Does it bother any of the regular readers that the social fabric that we rely upon to set a background in our lives seems to be unraveling?

Smokepole

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
cheating slut

Perhaps, but that would be expected. after all she was left alone for 13 months. Not her fault entirely. If you marry before going into or while in the service you should know what could happen.

Story seems unfinished to me. 2/5

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 4 years agoAuthor
26thNC:

I don’t know if I’ll publish the second chapter; I’ve started it but I’m not happy with how it’s progressed. I have Dave as a captain, running a computer office, but not particularly a tech wizard himself. He’s as much of a REMF as Frank. The second chapter, written in third person, concerns Lauren’s plans to keep Dave from finding out about Frank.

One of the persistent themes in LW is that the husband finds out that his wife had an affair, but let’s face facts: many times cheated on spouses do not ever discover the truth. The chapter goes into a Lauren’s thinking, but, as I said, while I know what I’d put in the chapter, I’m not happy with my prose so far.

kiteareskitearesabout 4 years ago
Decent quickie

She comes across as a bitch just using him while hubby is away and a slut fucking around on her hubby. "I was missing cock" really isn't a great excuse, maybe there was more to it, but the issue with flash is you can't delve or develop.

heathrowinneoheathrowinneoabout 4 years ago

reed, i think you have a great story that leaves the readers hanging. why not do a chapter 2?

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
RR

Please continue with Your story. My wishful thinking comes from my own personal feelings. I can't write myself, so I read the good stories posted by others. I don't always like your stories, but I've read them all. I read the next one too.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyabout 4 years ago

Please tell us there is btb to follow.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Tease

You. Not her.

She didn’t tease at all!

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Cuckolded her husband Is he guilty?

In service and getting serious about her and didn't ask questions?

Guilty!

Hard corps USMC Vietnam vet

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 4 years ago
Frank is Jody

He didn't know it but as soon as she told him, he should have thrown her out not try to keep it going. Lauren should be outed to her husband so he can find a better woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Just a nitpick

The Sovran has been Bank of America for a over a decade now, closer to two. If this had been written in 2004, no problem. That it was 2020, you should probably have referenced that that it was a reminiscence. I also think The Bar has changed it's name, though I haven't been over that way but once in the last four or so years.

Still, love it when you talk about HR and the Peninsula.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

I think all wives cheat. Too bad more don't get burned!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

@Scorpio, I don't see Frank try to keep it going.

/

@RR, no, you don't need a big deal continuation, but the ending just petered out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The story was really good up to the end, it has no closure , as if it set the stage for another chapter or continuation of some kind . I can’t speak for other readers but I like knowing how things pan out for characters, especially when thrown a game changing curve ball like this one did ! It leaves too many open ends ! But it sure started good and strong building to the crescendo but then just climaxed without letting me finish , then hopped off lit a cigarette and asked , “ it was good for me was it good for you?”

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartalmost 3 years ago

Too abrupt of an ending to give it a high score. Not saying the wife needed burned but there needed to be some consequences, some ending of some sort.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 star - pathetic ending - no ending really - just sad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story short and well written

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

The build up was obvious.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

i'm confused. Did you just get tired of writing and decide to post or were you trying to make a statement and not write a composition/essay.

You are much to talented to put this out without developing a story to the story line. You went a quarter of the way into the story and just dropped it.

I realize this is a two year old story and I just found it, but, damn Reed, this is really disappointing coming from you.

Please write for us again. I love your work-most of the time.

Doc

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Damn! I dislike heating married sluts.

Having read so many cheating slut stories in “loving wives” I feel total empathy for the husband who was cucked. 2 stars is dislike that’s it.

Bill S.

Wildbill1964Wildbill1964over 1 year ago

I have been used before, all the way till the big slam dunk let down in this similar manner. In this situation I would not lose her number, in fact I would be looking for a way to hurt her as bad as she did me, by telling her husband about us. Of course he would become collateral damage, but he does deserve to know. I know I would want to know, no matter how much it hurts. But she does deserve some kind of payback for her double deception.

nixroxnixrox12 months ago

1 star - as an air force veteran, I witnessed way too many similar situations. Thankfully, not nearly as bad, nor as long, nor as frequent as the grunts and polly-wogs. Especially, boat guys who are on ship anywhere for months. I'd say the divorce rate was at least 75% or more, among the enlisted ranks and there were a lot of couples who did not care at all.

KRD19254KRD1925410 months ago

2nd read; this story hurt as it really hits home, except for me it was San Diego WestPAC widows who use and dump good sailors/marines.

\

These bitches need to burn in hell play us like that. Nearly the same thing happen to me, twice, and the 2nd time I was sure she was not using me. I even asked her if she was married only to find out 6mo later she lied and her husband was a LT flyboy and I just a surface PO1.... No ring shadows or indents and still got fraud-ed and used. I even bought an engagement ring too.

\

Sure he could seek out her husband and tell him, butttttt....

\

2** hooyah but no salutes...

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Epilogue: What Lauren didn't know was Frank had some hot pics of the two of them. He blurred out his face and sent them to Lauren's husband. He kicked her ass to the curb so fast it made her head spin. She showed up at Frank's door looking sad and defeated. He invited her in and asked her what happened. When she was done talking, but still crying, he laughed. "You stupid empty headed cheating skank slut. Who do you think sent your husband those pictures? Get out of my house whore, and don't ever come back!" Lauren fled the house weeping running to nobody in particular, because now she had what she deserved... no one!

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker604 months ago

I feel as if there’s a lot more story to this story. The end was abrupt. I hope you continue with it, as it seemed like a good start.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

What I find amazing is that in real life, women can be so completely selfless, nurturing and loving on one hand (typically with their children) and at the very same moment in time so completely selfish, self absorbed and heartless (typically with their spouses). It's like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde in reality, but even worse.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Don't like stories where the bad guy suffers no consequences.

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aa4 months ago

I liked the whole storyline but this could be a reality as some comments have stated. Sad for him and hated her for leading him on. She could have been honest but choose to cheat on her clueless husband, making him a cuck. Frank needs to let her husband know what kind of wife he has, time to man up and get a bit of payback... As others have mentioned, this was too abrupt an end and another chapter could be added to show the fallout

Schwanze1Schwanze14 months ago

Yeah shame on her but the story was so damn funny. Poor bastards. One has what he thinks is a great wife and the other one had what he thought was going to be a great wife and then it turned into a big WTF??? I guarantee you the main character, in the future, is going to be telling the story and laughing at himself for being such a dumbass.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Hopefully when Dave gets home he tells his slut wife one of his friends had kept him informed of her new boyfriend. He was just passing through to get all his stuff out of the house and that the process server would be by later.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

In reply to "Don't like stories". Did you even read it? There is no "bad guy".

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous