Heart Is Where the Home Is Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mom was ecstatic to have us all living at home and was giddy when Cindy scheduled her in-vitro procedure. Mom was there with them for every appointment and wept the first time it didn't take. Thankfully, the second attempt worked and we had a child on the way.

We were sitting on our new deck, enjoying the sunset, when Lainey asked, "Are you excited to be a father?"

I looked into her eyes and took her hand. "Lainey, yes I am, but I can't wait until I get to rub a baby bump on your body every night. I am going to be a father soon, but I'm not getting the full experience and I feel like I'm missing out."

I saw the look on her face go from worry to mischievous. "I'm sure Jen would let you rub cocoa butter on her belly if you asked nicely."

"Yeah right!" I said laughing. "Seriously, Lainey. As soon as you're ready to have a baby, I'm going to try every day to give you one."

She smiled and said, "I'm going to go off of the pill before the wedding. I'm hoping you knock me up on our wedding night."

"Sounds good to me, baby. You know I want lots of kids."

I couldn't help but worry about her. It was happening less often, but she still had moments of insecurity.

*** Lainey

We were talking about our future children when our world was shaken to its core.

Our phones chimed at the same time. My text was from my sister.

"Turn on channel 5 quick! I think it's about Ken!"

She also attached a link for a teaser about an interview on on evening news show.

Before I could do anything, Ken was already running into the house.

I followed and watched Ken fall into a chair when he saw the screen. It was Shelly Carter, the reporter that he gave a ride and almost broke us up.

"What's going on, Ken?"

He said nothing as he watched the TV intently.

"Shelly," the interviewer began, "you've been almost a crusader these past few months since your miscarriage. Tell us why?"

"Sure, Diane. Most people think that a miscarriage just happens and there is nothing that can be done to prevent it. But there are things can be done to help lessen the chances. Having my miscarriage on air was a wake-up call for me."

"I can't imagine how that felt. What do you advocate doing to help lower the risks?"

"Start Folic Acid supplements early. Stay healthy by eating well and exercising. Most important in my opinion is to reduce and manage stress. Listen to your doctor. I believe I lost my baby because of my hectic travel schedule, poor eating habits, and the stress of her father not wanting anything to do with us."

"Who was the father, Shelly?"

She began crying and Ken leaned forward.

"Don't say it! Don't you dare do it!" He shouted at the TV.

"Ken?" A knot formed in my stomach and I felt woozy. Just as she said his name, I blacked out.

To be continued