All Comments on 'Heaven's Hellhound'

by Kojak01

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story. Could have been longer but short stories can be great too.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfirealmost 3 years ago

Very good, enjoyable story, with a bit of humor to make it fun. It was very well written but two words jumped out at me as a bit odd and since they stuck in my memory I’ll mention them: morally (instead of ethically) when it came to the speed limit and the permanent kiss (maybe an autocorrection for prominent? That was my best guess under the circumstances). Anyway, great job, 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Thanks for the submission! A great read. If I had a minor complaint, I would have liked to have seen more development mid-story. The start and ending were excellent, the middle felt strange as they went from antagonistic to basically lovers, in five minutes. All in all, though, great work! Loved it.

SithLord6969SithLord6969almost 3 years ago

Great story

I do find it very familiar. Have you published it somewhere else before? 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Yuck!

GoesGruntGoesGruntalmost 3 years ago

Nothing wrong with the writing, but I couldn't relate to the protagonist so the story flopped for me...

Shepard506Shepard506almost 3 years ago

I enjoyed the story,but it was familiar. I remember another story with a similar beginning except the man ran a bar which was why he smelled of booze. The rest, sister's kids, knowing the cop, and the teacher reacting the way she did were the same.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A very deft touch. Gave you a 5 because it was economical, nicely layered, and your dismount was graceful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Similarities

The beginning is a clear copy of Valentine's Day Curse by JoeDreamer. You do take it in a different direction after that but a nod of acknowledgement, a tribute if you will, would have been appropriate.

Kojak01Kojak01almost 3 years agoAuthor

Hi all,

first of all, thanks to the Anon who said which story I supposedly copied.

I checked that story - which I hadn't read sofar - and do admit that there are some similarities in the beginning. I did not, however, consciously copy Joe Dreamer's story or parts thereof. Stealing another author's ideas and pass them off as your own is despicable. All similarities are purely coincidential.

I'm afraid that with the large number of stories on lit, it's not improbable that something has been done before and you don't know about it. Nevertheless, I hereby want to pay tribute to Joe Dreamer and apologize for any and all misunderstandings.

I did just write a message to Joe Dreamer asking for his opinion and if he wants me to, I will delete this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
What a jerk

Being incorrectly accused of drinking by a vigilant teacher is not excuse enough to treat someone as he did. Being ‘in love’ does not give one a free pass. And why they got together at the end was not believable. Finally, he was rude to arrange for the house without discussing it previously with her and rude to the future MIL. 3*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Worded it poorly

The one who named the story here. Sorry, I worded it poorly. I meant to say that the premise was "the same/copied", but the story as such is different, and you have different styles of writing. I do not consider it a "huge breach" of etiquette, but in all honestly it seemed like a conscious reuse of a premise, and that's why me, and probably others, reacted. Giving you the benefit of the doubt and taking your word for it, I don't think you really need permission from JoeDreamer, at least not imo, and hope you keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a delightful story. I found the names he had for her, " Crone, Hell Hound, Nightmare, Orc Etc." absolutely hilarious! Enjoyed it thoroughly. 5*s. Authors do not deliberately set out to plagiarize a fellow author's work!

EgregiousEgregiousover 2 years ago

I did enjoy your story (5) and yes similar to Valentine's Day Curse - but a work of its own. However, I felt Valentine's Day Curse was a smidgen better. I hope Joe Dreamer doesn't want you to remove it

SatyrDickSatyrDickalmost 2 years ago

[24.07.22]

Funny, Romantique, und sweet!

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very nice.

Cee2ShiningCeeCee2ShiningCeeover 1 year ago

I gave it five stars. Like another commentor, I thought it was a quick jump from enemies to lovers. Overall, though, I really enjoyed the story and that one problem was not nearly enough to take significant points off.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

"How many children" she asked.

Time to shock and awe and reply "I was thinking 8. We may have to expand to house in a couple of years." :)

5*

Ss1969

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman11 months ago

very good, well written. really like the wording and reaction to Carmen's public "apology" and the proposal.

OvercriticalOvercritical4 months ago

A story about two inept people who react like idiots in an awkward situation and I found I was angry at both of them. Not worth reading closely or spending any more time commenting. 2*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKojak01@Kojak01
Hi everyone, just a small update on me. I'm still around but experience a massive writer's block. Mostly caused by work and life. Things are looking better, though. I feel like I could soon start on finishing one of the stories I've worked on.

SIMILAR Stories