Her Fairy-Tale Life

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
xelliebabex
xelliebabex
5,537 Followers

"By all accounts, it was a happy marriage, and you and your brothers got along, became close even. After your fathers tragic death in a car accident, Elena lost the plot for a while and sued everyone she could, leaving you three children to your own devices. Her boys thrived, but you, not so much. You hit puberty and got even taller and more solid. By fifteen you were almost the height you are now, which is impressive by the way, I don't know many women taller than me. You were teased and bullied mercilessly at school, and you turned to your brothers for support because you had no one else. Still good?" she asked, taking another sip of her drink.

Maggie nodded numbly, frightened about what was about to spill out of this woman's mouth.

"Alecks took advantage of the situation and seduced you, taking your virginity along the way, and you were his dirty little secret until Elena found out and put a stop to it, blaming you. She was cruel and twisted the affair, accusing you of being such a walking monstrosity and the only way you could get anyone even to look in your direction was to parade around naked in front of her sons. She moved herself and her sons out of this house leaving you to fend for yourself, throwing you the bone of a small allowance until you finished school and managed to get the business, beginning to turn a small profit again." She paused as Maggie spoke.

"I lived with family friends, not by myself at that time," she corrected.

"Duly noted, Suzie told me that bit. Now, where was I? What you didn't know was that the small allowance Elena gave you was part of a bigger allowance she was taking from your trust fund which she managed, or, should I say, mismanaged, and when you came of age there was very little left of the nest egg you had believed your father had left you. Being a lawyer, and realising how things could go for her, she offered to sign over the property and business to you lock stock and barrel, which you accepted," she smiled. "That was a gutsy thing to do, even if you didn't know about the debt it had incurred from the loss of business."

"I didn't know," Maggie admitted. "But I managed until the new housing estates started to open up in this area. Now the bank is putting all sorts of pressure on me to get my loan up to date and in the black again," she admitted. The woman knew this much, she may as well know everything. "The insurance from the crash should make up for the shortfall from the damaged crop this year. I'll survive, I always do."

"Alecks is a shit and Elena is a witch, and you should want more than just to survive!" Claire said, appalled by Maggie's attitude to the way she had been treated by the pair. "It's like a freaking Cinderella story. The evil stepmother making you work here so Alecks can pass himself off to his future father-in-law as a land holder, even though it totally belongs to you and you could fight anyone who says differently in court, don't let them snow you on that too. I looked it up, you are down as the sole owner of this property, though Elena is still listed as financial management, which you will have to get removed eventually," she shook her head distastefully. "Who knows what deals she's been trying to make behind your back with the developers."

"Wouldn't be the first time. Even Kaeden tried to make a deal with Elena behind my back," Maggie admitted sourly. "I thought better of him."

"But he told you about that before he went to Elena, didn't he?" Claire defended her brother and immediately realised she shouldn't have said that much. She waited until Maggie grudgingly nodded and breathed a sigh of relief that Maggie hadn't asked how she knew that information.

"So you, Cinderella, have this evil step mother and two dreadfully impotent step brothers, and now I want the role of fairy godmother, just for one night. Which is, of course, why I am here," she finished with her perfect smile.

"I'm not accepting your brother's proposal," Maggie said emphatically. "So if that was the point of laying my whole miserable life out there like that then you failed epically."

"Kaeden told me to butt out of his business, and I did, because I would never do that to him," Claire said seriously. "Not when he asked me specifically to stay out of it."

"You also said he told you to stay away from me, yet here you are, all up in my personal business," frustration had crept into her voice, and she would be having words with Kaeden later, regardless of what this woman said now.

"No, you don't understand, I'm not here because of Kaeden. I'm here because I was that fifteen year you who was too tall and awkward. The girl who was teased mercilessly about being butch and ugly. I was the designated ugly friend that boys never looked at or smiled at or asked on dates. Except for my brothers, but they never once even thought to take advantage of me or set me up with unscrupulous friends who would have kept me a dirty little secret, like Alecks did to you," she looked into Maggie's face. "I had a loving family to get me through those awkward self-hating doubts and growing pains. Your so called family took advantage of your awkward teenage years at every turn. I want to make them so regret ever treating you that badly, and I know just how to do it."

"You're beautiful. I doubt you ever had an awkward phase. Elena's not so bad; she could be worse. She gave me the flower farm in the end, which is all I ever really wanted. As for Alecks, well, it hurt when he turned his back on me, but we're able to be friends now, and that's a start," Maggie spat out the lies she told herself every day to feel better about her lot in life and survive on this farm for a little longer.

"Oh, come on, if not Elena, then let's make Alecks hurt a little about what he turned his back on. For every awkward, big-boned girl who never gets to feel pretty enough, let me be your fairy godmother, just for tonight, and then I will never ask again. Please, please, please, please, please?" Claire continued to beg, despite the shaking of Maggie's head.

"You have to go to this party anyway. I saw the guest list and know you accepted, though I can't imagine why. And since you're going, you may as well go in style and make a splash! I promise you'll get the final say on anything I do," Claire wheedled before beginning to beg again.

"I don't want you to spend any money, and I have no money to spend. Not on clothes or a hairdresser or anything," Maggie's mind worked quickly, admitting that she did have to show up, at least for a little while, and dreading looking totally out of place and embarrassing Alecks and Elena. She had given her word, however, and she knew she had to go.

"Done! No money spent, got it. Anything else?" Claire agreed eagerly.

"If it all gets too much you let me come home immediately. No means no, Claire," Maggie said seriously. "One more thing," she hesitated.

"Sure," Claire tilted her head.

"If I agree to this fairy-godmother make-over, you can't tell Kaeden. I don't want him to think I will give in to his requests as well if he begs like you did," she gave a half laugh, imagining that he had never begged a woman for anything in his entire life.

"Yes, most definitely yes, I was going to say the same thing. He's going to be pretty pissed at me if he finds out I was here at all," Claire nodded.

Maggie called Bob to let him know she was leaving so he would come over and keep an eye on the place for her. Then she had a shower, making it quick so that Claire had as little time as possible to snoop around the house. She packed a bag with a spare set of comfortable clothes and pulled the dress bag containing the dress she had planned to wear tonight from her closet. It wasn't her style or colour, but Elena had pressed it on her, declaring that if Maggie showed up in jeans she would make security remove them and she could walk around in her underwear all night.

"You're ready then?" Claire asked, eager to be on the road where it would be harder for Maggie to have doubts and change her mind. Stowing the dress and overnight bag in the boot of her car, she caught a glimpse of the material of Maggies dress that could only be described as diarrhoea brown and shuddered. She had arrived just in time it seemed.

Chapter 8.

"She won't be long," Scott, Claire's husband, reassured Maggie as he passed her a glass of champagne. After all of the chaotic activity of the afternoon, Maggie felt a little lost, and every time she caught sight of her reflection in one of the mirrors in this house she was surprised at the woman who looked back at her. That woman wasn't her. That woman in the mirror was nothing like her, and she nervously fidgeted as Scott tried to make conversation with her.

"Here I am," Claire breezed into the room looking spectacular. She immediately sensed the unease returning to Maggie and wrapped an arm around her shoulder. "What did you do to her?" she turned on her husband.

"He's been perfectly wonderful," Maggie smiled at the man she had only met a little over an hour ago. "It's all this, it's not me."

"No it's not, you're right," Claire agreed. "This is your one fairy-tale appearance, and tomorrow you go back to being Cinderella with dirt on your face and wearing comfortable old jeans and boots. Tonight, however, you are going to show the world just how strong and beautiful, and God damn sexy you are."

"You can say that again," Scott nodded. "I think we need Rochelle to make a dress like that for you," he said to Claire. Maggie blushed and smiled shyly. Rochelle was one of several of Claire's friends who had arrived during the afternoon. It seemed she had no limit of friends who would come and help her out free of charge, and Rochelle, a new designer in the fashion industry, was only too happy to supply dresses to the two women, as long as they told anyone who would listen who designed and made them.

Each of the women had been understanding and considerate of Maggie's wishes to maintain something of her own personality. Rochelle has supplied a red dress with a rose motif that hugged and made the most of her figure after a little tweaking with supportive underwear. Sandy had given her the trademark single plait she wanted, but, rather than down her back, she had styled her hair to frame her face and pulled the large loose plait over one shoulder. They had relaxed in chairs and sat opposite each other as professional makeup artists painted their faces, and shoes had been supplied by yet another designer keen to get their name out amongst the elite of their society. Claire was right; she knew people and how to charm them. It was her super power.

"I feel like a bit of a fraud," Maggie said softly.

"Nonsense, this is all you, just with a little extra decoration, but you're still you, and I like you. We are going to be the best of friends once you get over this little squabble with Kaeden," Claire took a large mouthful of champagne and tried to ignore the inquisitive look she got from Scott.

"What did you do?" Scott narrowed his eyes. "This isn't that Maggie? Alecks's sister Maggie?" His head spun between the two women.

"I think I should give you two a few minutes," Maggie said, putting down her untouched champagne and moving back towards the guest bedroom where her belongings were stored.

"No, stay!" Scott said abruptly, making her stop in her retreat like an obedient puppy. "Alecks thinks you're still in love with him. If you show up alone looking that sexy he's going to think you did it for his benefit, and Suzie is going to have a fit because she can't banish you from his life. We need to get you a date, someone believable. I can't believe you didn't think this through, Claire," he grumbled at his wife.

"Don't worry, it will all work out," Claire said overly cheerily, realising her husband was right, and she hadn't thought through all the angles. She was looking for payback for Maggie, but what she would have gotten was a scene if Scott hadn't have clued in before they left, and Maggie would have never forgiven her or Kaeden, who was totally clueless about tonight.

"There is only one way to fix this that I can see, give me five minutes," he walked away, leaving them staring at each other.

"I love that man," Claire said eventually. "He's a fixer; it's his super power. It doesn't matter how bad the mess I make is, he can fix it right up, and everything comes out smelling like roses," she grinned.

"I think I should just call and tell them I fell and twisted my ankle or something," Maggie sighed.

"No way, after everything I put you through getting ready today, all the work my friends put in!" Claire was aghast. "You are real and good, you'd never let anyone down just because of a little glitch," she scolded.

"Okay, that's sorted. You may as well take a seat, ladies; we are going to be fashionably late," Scott said, and picked up his glass of champagne. "I know this is all Claire's doing, but for the life of me I can't work out how a sensible girl who can resist Kaeden's charm got talked into a fairy tale makeover by the worst fairy godmother ever!"

"I'm not the worst ever," Claire sulked.

"Tonight you are," Scott chuckled.

"She wore me down and agreed to all my terms," Maggie said miserably, knowing he was right. "The idea of not being the ugly duckling in a room full of beautiful swans for the first time in my life got to me in the end."

"Do you own a mirror? Even without all the bells and whistles, I doubt you're a duckling of any sort," he said aghast, and shot his wife a horrified look.

"I never called her that, I told her just the opposite, and you should have seen the ugly diarrhoea brown of the dress her stepmother had picked out for her," Claire said defensibly.

Scott had a no-nonsense way of getting to the heart of the matter, and, before she knew it, Maggie had told him way more than she had divulged to Claire during their day. These two were good, and she made a mental note never to agree to anything either of them suggested ever again.

"Sounds like your date is here," Scott grinned, as the front door closed loudly, making the two women come to their feet a moment before Kaeden entered the room.

"Claire, you and I will talk about this," Kaeden said in a low tone, kissing her cheek in greeting before turning to Maggie with a winning smile. "You know, if you wanted a date for tonight all you had to do was ask, I have been trying to get you to say yes all week" he leant forward to kiss her cheek, and she breathed in his scent, remembering every inch of the body beneath the suit he wore. An image that had fed her fantasies for days, despite being angry with him.

"I didn't. I mean, I don't. It wasn't my idea!" She tripped over her words, feeling intoxicated by his proximity. "Shouldn't you still be at home recovering or something? What about your head and the bruising on your chest?"

"I've recovered from that little bump perfectly, thanks to you. You look spectacularly well tonight," Kaeden complimented her.

"I don't feel so spectacular right now," she said in a wavering voice.

"Could you guys give us a minute?" Kaeden asked over his shoulder.

"I can go, if you like, but I'm pretty happy to be here, with you, on a date, finally. I know this isn't you," he ran the back of his knuckles down her cheek. "I know you'd rather be wearing jeans and boots and probably be elbow deep in a rose garden, but here we are in the middle of one of my sister's harebrained schemes. So, we can either fight the tide and have a miserable night, or play the part of new lovers on a date to the hilt and make everyone, including the happy couple, jealous," he said smoothly. "Just F.Y.I. I've been day dreaming about the second option," he flashed her a grin, making her give a muted half laugh.

"Don't tease me," she shook her head. "We both know you date supermodels and pretty girls, not big strapping farm girls like me, and I don't think you're that good of an actor that you could pull it off, quite frankly." She fell easily into the teasing banter that had sprung up between them during their evening phone calls before she started trying to give him the cold shoulder.

"Challenge accepted," he declared. "This will be easy, because I won't have to act, despite your doubts." He leant forward then and kissed her. Not the light brush of lips friends sometimes shared, but kissed her hard and long, stealing her breath away and leaving her slightly shaken. Her knowledge of men was minimal, she had to admit, but she could drown happily in his kisses. "Do you have a bag or gift or anything we need to take with us?" he asked solicitously when he released her from the kiss.

"Bag!" she said breathlessly, pointing toward the guest room in a daze.

"You might want to fix your lipstick while I grab it," he grinned and moved away, leaving her immobile and staring after him.

"Well, that seemed to go well. Is he mad at me?" Claire said in a stage whisper, coming back into the room and breaking the spell Kaeden had cast on Maggie.

"No, it sounds like he expects this sort of thing from you," Maggie said softly, as she walked to the mirror and fished the lipstick she had been given out of her bag.

"Are you mad at me?" Claire asked, her anxiety clear.

"No, you meant well," Maggie sighed. "I'm mad at myself for getting carried away with your fairy tale story and super powers of persuasion. I'll know better next time you come to me with a scheme."

"Next time?' Claire asked hopefully.

"Of course, there will be a next time, we're going to be good friends, remember?" Maggie doubted that Claire would want to be friends after tonight's debacle, but she was willing to put on a brave face and weather whatever happened now. It was too late to pack it all in and go home. She had no car of her own, and she doubted she could even afford the cab fare home, which she guessed would be astronomical.

"Oh, I knew it. We are going to be the best of friends!" Claire impulsively hugged her. "You look amazing, don't doubt that for one moment tonight." They turned toward the two men standing at the door waiting for them. "It's time," Claire held her hand as they walked out of the door together with the men following behind them.

"Thank you for coming to help me," Maggie said as they drove. "Your family seems heavy on charm, please tell me none of your other siblings are likely to show up on my doorstep unannounced."

"Unannounced? No," he shook his head. "so that you know, Elena called and invited me to this party tonight. So you don't have to make any excuses about inviting me without informing them."

"If you were going anyway, they aren't going to believe this is a date," she frowned.

"After Scott rang I had my assistant call and let her know I had changed my mind because you had turned down a date with me because of the party," he said easily. "I don't know exactly what's going on with you and Alecks, but I get the broader picture, and I am more than happy to be here, I assure you. Scott didn't have to twist my arm much to agree to this," he turned his head, smiling at her. He considered that Elena inviting him had been a stunt to embarrass Maggie and make her feel even more uncomfortable at the party so she would leave early. "Relax and enjoy the night, and as soon as you want to go just let me know, whether that is within five minutes of arriving or if we are the last ones there."

"You're much too kind. I don't deserve all this," Maggie said, looking up and watching him drive. "I didn't save you, you saved yourself, you just don't remember. You called me a terrorist!"

"I do remember that, but I also know it was you who sat me up and took that belt off. It was you who forced me to get up and get out of the plane and into the safety of your home when that storm was lashing the wreck of my plane. I know you put a cold compress on my head and took my vitals every twenty minutes. Do I need to go on?" he asked, keeping his voice light, despite the gravity of what he was saying. "I may not remember everything that happened, but I read the reports, including your statement."

xelliebabex
xelliebabex
5,537 Followers
1...45678...19