All Comments on 'Herb Garden in the Window'

by JimBob44

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
JMUDreamscapeJMUDreamscapealmost 7 years ago
Sad...

The story is great and exciting and while sometimes difficult to follow, each flashback builds the characters well. I label this comment sad because I definitely would like to see where this goes. But thank you for your submission regardless.

GrantLeeStoneGrantLeeStonealmost 7 years ago
A very sweet character study

It's like a piece of tapestry. But there are so many hanging threads. Will Brian and Phillipe reunite with Adam Hooper? Will they discover they've had the same lover? Will Brian reunite with his impossibly sexy older daughter? Phillipe and Brian will be working together in the Summer. What is the meaning of all these coincidences? Will Brian build Carmen her Herb Garden? Will Brian find out his lovers are not married, but are brother and sister? So many unanswered questions!

There is room for a chapter 2, if you have the will to write it. You say you don't, and I can accept that.

Dark_StormDark_Stormalmost 6 years ago
One small suggestion

You talked about how the story jumps about in your intro. The easiest way to separate the flashbacks from the rest of the story would be to run a string of asterisks between the changes in timeline.

I liked the story well-enough, but the herb garden didn't seem to have any more significance or meaning to the rest of the story, than the grill on the patio did. There were a lot of other story elements--like his family backstory (divorced, reformed alcoholic, one daughter dead, the other a stripper)--that lost any significance when the story just ended.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimBob44@JimBob44
All stories published on Literotica under the name JimBob44 are the sole property of the author. Permission is NOT granted to anyone to publish these works elsewhere.