All Comments on 'Here We Go Again'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
IsactaggedIsactaggedover 10 years ago
Another wimp tale

Other he is to looser or he is stupid, he can't find just one good girl, maybe he is the problem because is to much bad luck, maybe he shoul for one time date a good girls not just the bad.

green117green117over 10 years ago
Humm... one of these again...

But Bob does these quite well.

So, I'm looking forward to the various, dyspeptic, scenarios in the future.

Hurray!

Green-something

(though... one does wonder about JPB's male leads... what is with them? I suppose, that is the underlying motif...)

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 10 years ago
JPB = NBST ( natural born storyteller)

I'm hooked. The great twisted ' coming of age ' sagas are my favs by this author.

chytownchytownover 10 years ago
Good Read*****

Thanks for sharing. Good to see JPB on a story.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
THIS IS 4TH VERSE

starts out same as the 1st. TK U MLJ LV NV

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartover 10 years ago
Holding my vote til the end

This guy has shit luck. So far he has a spine and I am glad. Can't wait to see where this goes.

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
Thank you

I'm enjoying it so far and looking forward to reading the rest. Thank you for sharing.

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 10 years ago
Need more.

For me it's a bit ho hum. Hope the next installment sparks it to life. 3*

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 10 years ago
Title should have been properly labelled

Many readers like to wait for the entire story before starting. Labeling part one properly is just common courtesy. Lots of us recall WWWM by DQS1, where we went one or several months between chapters and had to practically reread the prior parts before reading the newest chapter, due to forgetting important details. One other little quibble; Rob could have declined the date with daughter of homeowner for whom he was installing the Koi pond simply by saying he cannot socialize with business clients and their families -- that's a common rule for many if not most businesses. Otherwise, this was well-written in the typical JPB formula way. Interested to see what's next. Three stars for this introduction . . .

JounarJounarover 10 years ago
welcome back JPB

Damm, if Rob didn't have bad luck, he'd have no luck at all. I liked that our hero had a backbone and didn't take shit from the tamps he had the misfortune to hook up with. Looking forward to next chapter.

RePhilRePhilover 10 years ago
Lookin real good so far!

Enjoying this story and looking forward to the next chapter

hopelessly_otakuhopelessly_otakuover 10 years ago
Dictionary

And if you looked up the word bitch, it would probably show a picture of Ann, Becky or Fiona

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 10 years ago
Fun read

I haven't read a JPB story in a couple of years but LW has been a desert lately and somehow the title of this one struck me. I like the blue collar burned by blue blood attitude of the guy and Mouse reminds me a little bit of a small, sorta cute daughter of a mechanic that my daughter went to high school with thirty years ago. She had a battered 15 year old BMW that she kept running perfectly with greasy hands and arms and her own set of tools. I did see a picture of her in a dress once but never the real thing.

I'll look for the continuation of this one.

michs28michs28over 10 years ago

Like the story so far, especially since Rob's experiences echo mine. Not going to say that I am a misogynist, but darned close to one.

gt_readergt_readerover 10 years ago
Enjoy the author

but I hate installments. I hate waiting for the next chapter. I find it, get pumped and race through it ... only to hit a wall when I found out there is another chapter. If I suspect a story is incomplete I will usually skip to the end to see if it seems complete. Hopefully I will not see those three dreaded words "to be continued".

Too late for this story - I am already hooked.

YathinkYathinkover 10 years ago
The short road to nowhere

At least it wasn't the long road. )

Kind of a yawn so far. Nothing really plus or minus.

Please let us know, simply to be decent to your readers, if you plan this to be in like 10 chapters. Some of us don't like reading anything more than a half dozen pages or so.

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilover 10 years ago
Enjoyed it should have been numbered

Petty, I know. But when I start reading a story, I like to know type of journey. Will it be a short hike, a long one or a multi-day adventure?

If a story is going to be continued later, I like to know I am not going to reach a conclusion that day when I start reading.

That said, my one comment is that the seduction challenge was not well thought out. Maybe it would have happened since college students are not that mature yet, but it seemed obvious that it would make a member of the frat they were tight with feel like an idiot and could alienate the hope brotherhood.

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
JPB is a great writer

And as long as our hero does not end up in a closet watching his wife getting fucked, through the keyhole, I usually enjoy it. Mouse sounds like a spirited one.

CreeperclawCreeperclawover 10 years ago
Yet another possibly unfinished installment?

I liked the story so far, and the main character's bitterness towards women is understandable. I do however love this mousy Michelle's gumption and would love to see how it all plays out. I'm just hoping she doesn't slowly become a more attractive woman and then while still dating, end up boning other men for self esteem issues. Way too easy a route, and I expect better of JPB.

C_frommnC_frommnover 10 years ago
Nice Start

Can't wait to see how thing's play out for Rob & Michelle. let's hope she does'nt want to try other's and figure's since Daddy is the Boss she can get away with it.

johnnyjonesjohnnyjonesover 10 years ago
So...

... in keeping with the best offerings of JPB... When does our fair protagonist find out that Ronnie is a hot sex machine? I assume this will occur only after he and Mouse start dating, she comes out of her shell, she starts getting hit on by every Tom, Dick, and Harry but we find out her dad is the one giving her lessons. Maybe I'm wrong and we'll find out there is another family member he gets to hammer into the bed. Of course, this conjecture is all a little tongue in cheek. I guess the only remaining question is... whose cheek?

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 10 years ago
A little slow to start, but I'm in for the long haul

Like always I'm trying to figure out where the story is going, and I haven't a clue as of yet where Bob is taking us, but I'm going on the ride he is giving us.

Thanks for the start, it is a good read.

ariesgirlariesgirlover 10 years ago

Both has trust issues, they will always be at each others throats.

What is up with him thinking he will get fired or something if he doesn't date the employer's daughter or do more then what his job calls for? There would be no legal reason to fire him. This just going with the program and not wanting to rock the boat doesn't seem to work out for him.

They appear to have more in common then those other girls he dated.

tfnnjtfnnjover 10 years ago
OK, good set up, now spin us a yarn.

So far so good. You gave us some character development now let's see where it goes. My feelings are to give an author some leeway in the set, the true test of a good one is what they do from there. JPB has satisfied on many occasions and I hope this is another. Just hope there is not to long in between chapters.

carvohicarvohiover 10 years ago
This is aggravating...

First, don't be stupid. This is a five star start. Give the rascal his due. JPB is a clear cut Five Star General!

Second, we all know JPB is also an SOB. He's going to suck us into the quicksand. We'll fall in love with his characters, and then he'll leave us to hang and twist in the wind.

Third, I'm suffering. Our protagonist's already a three time loser. He's fallen three times; each time seems a little harder. We know in the end our hero and Mouse will fall in love, marry, have three perfect kids, they'll live the fairytale. Then Mouse will break his heart; she'll push him off the cliff. It'll be totally unexpected! It'll be gruesome!

God, what a sadistic bastard! We even have to wait for a second installment! I just bet it'll come out on Super Bowl Sunday. All my friends will wonder why I'm hiding in the bathroom with my laptop.

Once JPB finishes this, just watch, suicide rates will blip upward all across the English speaking world.

JohnChildJohnChildover 10 years ago
nice finish

I'm intrested to see where you take this yarn JPB

Regards john C

bandyoubandyouover 10 years ago
thanks

love your stuff, looking forward to the next part, JPB is the dean of this site

Lord_GroLord_Groover 10 years ago
Okay, a bunch of us think we see where this one is going.

The question is, where is Bob going to throw in the twist that will make this one different? And what will that twist be? I mean, it's a sort of a given that Mouse will clean up to be gorgeous. But what happens after that?

Like Saxon Hart, I'm going to hold off scoring this one until the end.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyover 10 years ago
Promising

Pygmalion with a Yank accent? Henry takes on Liza, and the rest was history. At least your protagonist is not going to turn into a wimpy submissive. Is he?

Storm113Storm113over 10 years ago
happy ending or bad?

i am in the mood for happy but being in loving wives is not a good sign. very good so far. next chapter soon please.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Great Start

A pair of heart-broken people throw together. Can they regain trust in the other sex to become a couple? I guess we'll see...

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loved it

An intriguing start. Can't wait to see how it develops. Five stars.

Richie4110Richie4110over 10 years ago
Looking forward to the rest of the story

Love your story telling and, as always, look forward to anything you share with us.

Thank you!

catphan8catphan8over 10 years ago

I sure hope he burns that sorority house to the ground......or something for the stuck up bitches.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
let me see......

So let me see if I have this right:

The sorority was friendly to Rob's fraternity.

Rob had at least one friend that was a member of the sorority.

And they let this Fiona get away with doing Rob that dirty?

If that is how they treat friends it would be better to be enemies.

At least with enemies you expect them to do you dirty.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
A MATCH MADE IN THE THROES OF WORK ASSIGNMENT

or is it an OH SHIT not again, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Even I can see the trainwreck acoming.

And I'm legally blind

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
His next word should have been "BYE".

... as he stood up from his chair and walked to the kitchen to thank them for dinner and say goodnight.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Here We Go Again

Honor Roll NOT honor role. Role is to play a part, as in acting in a play.

HankWTullamoreHankWTullamoreover 6 years ago
Crafted well

But the idea that 3 failed relationships in college is anything but the low end of normal is funny. Splitting this into parts was not right, there was not enough in part one to stand alone.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
Comments

Trying to bring up old comments.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Good story

Not an atypical college experience at all. Anxious to see how he gets on with Micky.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

Story is unfinished in the last chapter. The score is deserved. You have been warned.

UnassignedUnassignedalmost 2 years ago

Bob, the Mendelssohn 3 is in A *minor*, not A Major like #4. The two symphonies are both magnificent, certainly, but feel completely different.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories