All Comments on 'Here We Go Again Ch. 03'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 241 Comments
dylan954dylan954about 10 years ago
hmmmm

Not funny............................good story, but not a nice thing to do to your readers at the end!

FD45FD45about 10 years ago
Cheap

and gratuitous.

I'm sure you are chortling, thinking you are screwing over the anonymous assholes who bitch about your endings.

Thank you for also shafting people who happen to like and respect your work. People who defend your writing choices. Who cares about those dumbasses? Certainly not you.

This was disrespectful and I think less of you, even if it is a jest.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 10 years ago
Bet your bottom dollar, but not your heart on mixed emotions post this JPB reading

All the ending needed was " Don't Stop Believing" playing as I read this. This was a enigmatic finish ala Tony Soprano. It's about the trip & not the destination they say. Unless your on one of those Carnival Cruises where the virus sickens crew & passengers en masse.

Good not great story. Scarlett Johansson should play Michelle, Connie Britton plays hot stepmom in miniseries based on this story playing on FX channel. I've seen worse, believe me ( don't stop ) .

johnnyjonesjohnnyjonesabout 10 years ago
Oh God...

... please tell me there is a part 4 coming!

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
A HITCHKOK ENDING

allowing the reader to decipher what the author is intending TK U MLJ LV NV

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 10 years ago
Excellent

I became a little skeptical during this tale. Revenge fucks usually go nowhere to repairing a relationship. One exception. When big money is involved. All three main characters are cheating assholes so they actually deserve each other. No chapter four is necessary. The point is made. Extremely well written and thought out. Keep putting out the good stuff.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkabout 10 years ago
Title warned us up front...

..."Here We Go Again." Yet another fine JPB tale skyrockets through the night only to fizzle out in a dissolute and unsatisfying finale. Bob, I know you write for your own entertainment, but dang it, this ending is downright rude.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

I would have given it five stars up to the very end. Well written and engaging, but the ending was disrespectful to your readers. No need for a part four, as we already know what will happen given her choice. This is simply not the way good writing ends.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
I hate to be Pedantic, but ...

No I don't really, i revel in it.

It's a fine tale, Three Cliff-hangers in a row, from a superb Story-Spinner

No plot holes, of course and belief is merely lifted, not suspended entirely.

but grabbing a modern expression and extending is your undoing.

24 / 7 , is a common phrase. basically 24hrs / 7 days .to extend that, surely, would be 24 / 7 /52 not 365..... Pedants Unite !

Cheers, and thanks.

Kilroy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Excellent as absolutely usual

Bob,

Great job again. I actually liked the ending--hell--I may copy it.

Matt

chrisr357chrisr357about 10 years ago
WTF?

Thought this was a great engaging story. Would have been better if you had taken the time to finish it. I do resent spending the time to read a story to find that you finished it by playing games with your readers. I gave part 1 and 2 5* part three deserves what it got no vote!

BriteaseBriteaseabout 10 years ago
"And?"

Oh boy. Say no more, just hurry up.

CharlieB4CharlieB4about 10 years ago
Good story.

Good story well written. I have no quibble with the ending unless you become xleglover keep repeating yourself. 5*

Only issue is my own. I don't see a distinction between michelle being blackmailed into cheating and him fucking Ronnie for revenge. I don't think two wrongs make it right. So I found the hero ultimately a hypocrite.

JounarJounarabout 10 years ago
1* finish the damm story

For once I fully agree with FD45

The lack of any sort of conclusion to this story ruins it. While quirky endings are to be expected from JPB, this tale is just not finished.

user110user110about 10 years ago
wife should add to the post-nup

if one spouse tries to leave/divorce and/or enforce the pre-nup, but it is discovered that the cheating spouse was drugged, raped, and/or blackmailed, then the self-righteous spouse gives up all assets (including the company stock and any other assets brought into the relationship) regardless of whether the marriage continues or not.

FD45FD45about 10 years ago
Britease

Why do you think Bob is going to finish this?

JensensloverJensensloverabout 10 years ago

Oh for fucks sake, just post the whole damn story at the same time!

hebert100hebert100about 10 years ago
RATS

no ending. well I guess this will be another one of those unfinished story with so many permutations that we will loose count. that said. well written and can't wait to see other authors submit their own ending.

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistabout 10 years ago
Ha

Not all of us need to have everything handed to us direct in order to get it.

Good story!

IdiotsavantIdiotsavantabout 10 years ago
Love the Cliffhanger angle!

Next Episode: Same Bat-time, Same Bat-Channel.

troubleddeeplytroubleddeeplyabout 10 years ago
ahhh ha ha ha ha....

Bastard! I can't believe you ended it like that. Another really good story. Thanks for your efforts :)

Charley49erCharley49erabout 10 years ago
Look at the title...

JPB is back to his old ways: no ending. And for no other reason than it will irritate the readership. For those who have not read through his portfolio, at least a third if not fifty percent of the stories are written with no ending. Here we go again.

Lord_GroLord_Groabout 10 years ago
Ah, there it is...

If you will remember, I wondered in my comment on part 1 when the inevitable twist would show up. And now we see it is in the last paragraph.

It's not as though it's a new trope: it's been seen in American literature for well over a century, since Frank Stockton published "The Lady or the Tiger" in 1882. And it's not as though JPB hasn't used it before in one form or another. There are a half-dozen or more JPB stories which end with the protagonist back together with the love of his life but unable to say whether things will work out in the long term. It's just that few of them have been this abrupt.

Bob, I had to give this one 4 stars. It's your usual good, workmanlike product. But I expect more from you, and a 5-star story has to have a little something more. The nature of the way it ended had nothing to do with it.

And yes, folks, I'm pretty certain Bob's ending it here. Doing more with this would ruin the story, and turn something better-than-average into something that is merely ordinary.

bruce22bruce22about 10 years ago
Nice Work

I agree that he cheated as much as she, but if she really loved him she would sign the contract. How in the world would he or I know if she really loved him? This PI needs that the information that he gave up a client should be spread around.

The fact that he left the ball with her proves that he loved her.

reasonablemanreasonablemanabout 10 years ago
Marriage is over

Her initial reaction to his proposal was negative and she hesitated. It is done. She told Rob she would do whatever it takes but when given a balanced option, just like in the first pre-nup, she hesitated. She knew that she would cheat again and then lose her stake in the business. I was frustrated at the ending until I had a minute to think about it. Nothing more needs to be written.

The major flaw in the story is Rob marrying Michelle so quickly after years of a tense relationship and the awful way that Michelle broke off the first engagement. How could she not try to patch things up with the man who was her father's right-hand-man and most trusted adviser? The only thing that made Michelle turn her sights onto him again was his power to control the company. Rob was a cautious guy in business but a sucker for women. Michelle proved her faithlessness by continuing her affair after the blackmail leverage was over and making no effort to try to explain things as soon as she thought Rob knew what was going on. Michelle is a selfish bitch; her willingness to work and mechanical ability makes her a good employee but a terrible wife.

Thanks for writing and entertaining us. 5 stars!

JounarJounarabout 10 years ago

@user110

You gloss over the fact wifey didn't trust or have any faith in Rob to tell him she was drugged, raped and then blackmailed into having sex. It's also taking her explanation of why she was fucking Mr big dick as being the truth! She provided zero proof of this.

Michelle is made out to be a pretty smart woman during this story yet she doesn't go to the police or get treated in hospital after being raped which would kinda prove to Rob it did if fact happen. Instead she cheats on her husband and marriage so as to hide the fact she was gang raped! Hell, she continues to see her blackmailer even after she knows hubby has found out about her cheating just because she like a big cock! Way to contrived logic imho.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 10 years ago
And - And - And

Along came Jones! Sorry I can't remember the rest of the song. The unknown and unspoken is often an acceptable way to end a story. I think so but many literal minded here on Literalotica often have problems with the unsaid. So be it.

On a second note, this just personal, I always have problems when the stories get down to TRUST as the key factor in a marriage. Trust that any individual will act in their collective self interest and don't expect perfection seems to be a better course for marriage. Just my personal and mostly irrelevant thoughts.

Good story and good job!

JusttooldJusttooldabout 10 years ago
good

Well written. I do hate being left out on the edge of a cliff, hanging there by my finger nails wondering what comes next, but I guess I'm like the rest of the world and will just have to bite my nails waiting for the next installment. Great story.

imhaplessimhaplessabout 10 years ago
Well

Totally, totally, totally fucked up people and story; but it was very entertaining and original, which lands it a 5 in my book.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 10 years ago
One more sentence was

all this story needed. Perhaps there's another chapter, or two? If not, dropping the last sentence was a fatal flaw. Interesting story, regardless.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 10 years ago
Snicker

He should run, but ......

Is there a minimum in story size? I can just see the next chapter being a one liner. But .... that would take the fun out of this sordid little tale.

5*

Richie4110Richie4110about 10 years ago
There has to be more

I can add a sentence or maybe even another chapter. But, nothing I could offer would do this story justice. Please keep going. At least another chapter.

brujaybrujayabout 10 years ago
Entertaining!

It doesn't matter if you agree, disagree, hate, or love what JPB wrote, this story has been entertaining. Remember to keep it in perspective, people.

JPB, as always, thanks for writing and sharing your stories with us. I'm looking forward to the next installment of this story.

Brujay

OverthefallsOverthefallsabout 10 years ago
HA Ha Ha

Good story - TERRIBLE ending. I have to laugh at the commentators that think there's going to be another chapter. This is just JPB thumbing his nose at the readers and ending another of his stories without a true ending. If you've read his stories you'll know that he does this every so often. Has no ending and leaves it to the "imagination" of the reader. I'll keep my eye out, but I'm thinking that this is the END.

insomniac2608insomniac2608about 10 years ago
I'll defer rating this story

until I see whether the . . . ending and the lack of "to be continued" means you've abandoned this story. If the latter, I'll simply give you my best wishes on your enjoying writing your future stories, but won't bother to waste my time reading them.

There's a difference between a short flash story and one that drags readers through multiple chapters, that you seem to have recognized in the past, so I have hopes this will be resolved.

PultoyPultoyabout 10 years ago
Just like it really would be if it were true

The unknown is in every one of our lives. We don't know from day to day if things will work out based on our decisions. Relationships change, circumstances change.

This is aptly done and well written, oh and thoughtful. Fine job, Mr. Bob.

Regards,

-Pultoy

catphan8catphan8about 10 years ago

These people are intelligent enough to run a successful company but too dumb to get out of their own way. To be honest in cheating stories when the cheated on party ends up doing the exact same thing as the cheater the entire story....not to mention the character lose all credibility with me. A man this smart about running a company would never have found himself in the middle of this bizarre love triangle.

katranmankatranmanabout 10 years ago
A JPB Ending

It ends right here folks, a typical classic finish from JPB! A 5 from me on this one.

carvohicarvohiabout 10 years ago
You son of a bitch...

Did anyone else notice? Chapters one and two both ended with a 'to be continued'. Chapter three just ended.

Yeah, that son of a bitch Just Plain Bob fucked us over again!

First, I don't know when he slipped Chapter two in. Then this! Shit!

There will be no chapter four. The rest of us can dream or think what we want. Only Bob knows what Michelle's answer was going to be, and we all know the bastard's never going to tell us!

Bob I hope you get Herpes and your dick falls off!

Of course the damn story's a fulsome five. Fuck you anyway.

svg1svg1about 10 years ago
Good story

Looking forward to chapter 4 and beyond. Excellent character development and captivating plot. In the language of a novel, this is a real page turner. Each of the 3 chapters have been an excellent cliffhanger, and each new chapter has been delivered while the previous is still fresh in the mind. Rob is a bit of a cheater himself, even tried to justify it. If trust is paramount, I wonder if there's anything in the postnup to protect Michelle equally. Tight pussy is as much temptation to a man as big dick is to a woman. As a previous comment said, I wouldn't mind seeing a little evidence of the date rape drug, but that would be up to JPB. But, as Rob might say, that's water over the dam. Hope chapter 4 comes soon, and this one was 5*

SyrustheVirusSyrustheVirusabout 10 years ago

I am liking this story, but hope I am again not wasting my time because most JPB stories don't have a REAL ending. I want a satisfying conclusion, not have the story cut off during the climax.

ACP45ACP45about 10 years ago

In real life, she gets up the next day, calls the police who then run both a rape screen and a tox screen. Tox screen comes back positive for date-rape drugs and the DA files rape charges. DNA comes back a match and Randy starts calculating the life expectancy of an ex-cop in the big house. Randy rolls on the rest of the train, trying to extend his expiration date and the DA starts thinking about a career move to governor.

I suppose this beats the JPB multiple endings variants.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 10 years ago
Bad ending

The open ended ending to me is one of the cheapest tricks in the book,either the author is being cute,or is afraid to commit to a vision,or worse,can't decide....it isn't a great ending in large part because life outcomes are not up in the air in the end,it all comes out in the end. Michelle seems to love him,she was willing to turn over shares to keep him around and doesn't want to lose him and doesn't seem to want to be president,but she also is too blase about randy to make it seem like that bothers her much...plus the guy raped her and blackmailed her and she wants to be with him?If she was real,she would go to him,tell him it was over,and when he threatens to blackmail her,have it recorded and get him busted....but she doesn't..it isn't an ambiguous ending,it is no ending

svg1svg1about 10 years ago
Ending

ACP45, I like your ending and your username. Comments are probably right, chapter 3 doesn't say 'to be continued' so I guess the ending may be up to each one of us. I can only hope that JPB ends it.

2ndThoughts2ndThoughtsabout 10 years ago
Here We Go Again

Literally and how appropriate!!!

You know damn well you have no intention of going further with this story - it's who you are!

JPB, when you invited your readers to three chapters, the least you can do is provide a conclusion - one of your choosing, even though you know many will bitch BUT - your usual disdain for us is beyond insulting!!!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 10 years ago
One of your best

Whether or not you add anything else, I can add the ending that satisfies me and that's all that counts. I still believe that you write for yourself and offer to share with your readers. Even if no one reads your stories but you, you've still met your target audience.

Boyd Percy

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007about 10 years ago
Asswipe

Bob, what kind if fucking ending is this? You really know how to shit on your readers and what would have been a good story. the scores for this crap are way too high.1 star

john1946john1946about 10 years ago
HUH?

I really don't know how to vote. Great story and I understand the ending.....BUT....so no vote at all

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartabout 10 years ago
Fucker!!

Fucking cliffhangers!! Now I have to wait to see what happens. Thanks for getting me hooked into this Bob.

SkibumSkibumabout 10 years ago
You bastard!

Great story. Very probably your best ever. But you are still a bastard for leaving us hanging!

CharlieB4CharlieB4about 10 years ago
Give the guy a break!

Bloody hell! They are really giving you a public flogging over the ending. Why do readers have to be spoon fed every detail? Are they not capable of independent thought? You can make the ending what ever you think depending on how you saw the story. Keep it up JPB and don't let the bastards grind you down.

qhml1qhml1about 10 years ago
Guys, this is why we read his work

And it's the reason why I'll probably never add another chapter of The Cost. Bob is in classic form. We'll never know what happened, so we can mentally write our own endings, unless you're finishthedamnstory. I'll bet he's spent hours salivating over some of his classic stories.

I have a penchant for wrapping my stories up with a nice neat bow, so I really appreciate it[most of the time]when someone doesn't. Like Gypsy Rose Lee said,

"Leave 'em yelling for more, and then don't give it to them." Carry on, Just Plain Bob!

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 10 years ago
QHML1 NO it is why STUPID people Like YOU read JPB shit and enjoy it

It's not that this author does not have talent -- it's just that JPB is an ASSHOLE sort of like Matt Moreau. With t MM the husband's always get beaten up mercilessly... He pines way for the ex wife for 10 years or more ... he always has a small cocks and he y can only get sex from a Hooker.

With the pathetic JPB it does not make ANY difference what the wife actually has done. How badly she is behaved ...how much physical damage she is done to the husband... How much cheating she is done ...how much lying ...how much betrayal .. how much money she is stolen.

In all 300 + stories whenever it comes to a decision whether not to take the wife / fiancée back we always read this " that just your foolish pride speaking ". That sort of mindless idiotic assertion have appeared almost every one of JPB stories .

Even worse is that the protagonist - often JPB himself -never answers with anything close to being rational. This story is a perfect case in point.

As soon as Michelle made that comment about pride .. there was a powerful response that should of come out of Robb's mouth. Her adamant refusal to accept a fair prenuptial agreement speaks volumes about her character. Her willingness to break off the engagement to get her way speaks volumes about a character and her integrity.

Her reaction to Rob returning to her father's company and running it once Hank had died... Speaks immense volumes about her integrity intelligence and if character.

Her reaction to the meeting between the three of them speaks volumes about her intelligence her integrity her character.

The fact that she been married and divorced twice both times for her own cheating speaks volumes about her character.

The fact that she kept fucking this other guy because he liked big cocks speaks volumes about her integrity her intelligence and a character.

None of these issues were raised when Michelle mention the worn out old adage " that's just your silly male pride speaking".

And that's what ruined the story

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 10 years ago
SILLY MALE PRIDE... JPB uses that again and EVERYoNE falls for it .. SAD

This story was moving right along up into a page three. Once Michelle made the assertion " that this is just your silly MALE pride speaking " we knew exactly what was going to happen and we knew that the store was about to turn to shit.

JPB does this a lot. In fact in almost every one who stories whenever some other person usually the exwife... or the sister... ... Or the sister in law or the mother in law or best friends.. say " that is Just your silly pride speaking" you know that the JPB story is about to turn into a pile of shit.

As soon as Michelle made that comment about pride .. there was a powerful response that should of come out of Robb's mouth. Her adamant refusal to accept a fair prenuptial agreement speaks volumes about her character. Her willingness to break off the engagement to get her way speaks volumes about a character and her integrity.

Her reaction to Rob returning to her father's company and running it once Hank had died... Speaks immense volumes about her integrity intelligence and if character.

Her reaction to the meeting between the three of them speaks volumes about her intelligence her integrity her character.

The fact that she been married and divorced twice both times for her own cheating speaks volumes about her character.

The fact that she kept fucking this other guy because he liked big cocks speaks volumes about her integrity her intelligence and a character.

None of these issues were raised when Michelle mention the worn out old adage " that's just your silly male pride speaking". There are a lot of examples & reasons why Rob should of never of married her... and the fact that he got steamrolled by the PRIDE Remark KILLS this story

BoringOldGuyBoringOldGuyabout 10 years ago
I agree with Skibum

JPB, that was a dirty rotten #%*€£¥ ending. Don't you dare not give us Chapter 4!!!

likeboblikebobabout 10 years ago

I have to agree that the ending was pretty weak. Some say the reader is supposed to make up whatever ending they want. My opinion is that the writer should finish their story so the reader knows the ending the writer had in mind.JPB, I know you do this from time to time but I don't know if you do it just to generate irate responses or if you think it is clever.In any case, this is a delightful, light hearted read and I thank you for it.

LaroneLaroneabout 10 years ago
Umm....

The whole ending with the reworked pre-nup and his dilemma about what to do about her cheating makes no sense to me.

First time round they broke up because of her rejection on the pre-nup...

Then she was married twice and he gets conflicting reports on who's cheating ended her marriages....

And we are supposed to believe that he married her without insisting on his original pre-nup?

No dilemma needed as he can just dump her ass... bringing out that old original isn't needed because it should have been in place already.

The way the characters were built up there is no way he would have been dumb enough to marry without that thing.

saw_man1saw_man1about 10 years ago
I hate you

5 stars you butthead.

Ducky7Ducky7about 10 years ago
Yet another great or well done story to be short changed

with a bad ending. The pre-nup idea is workable but left short.

chytownchytownabout 10 years ago
T....***

F.. t.. r....

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caabout 10 years ago
Haa haa haa

Good job Bob, the raging masses have to employ their own imaginations and " insert ending here " stiill a sense of humour after all these years.

Thanx for writing

connoisseur29connoisseur29about 10 years ago
WTF!

LOL! Good story -- better ending. I hate that, but what the hell - I'm just a reader. Have fun, turd. Cheers!

CharlieB4CharlieB4about 10 years ago
How can the author finish the story?

If JPB added a couple more lines where he and Michelle talk about the pre nup then she signed would that be the end of the story? Do you have to find out what happens one year later, two years later? Do you want to know if thirty years later she goes down on the guy fitting her for a walking frame?

Why do stories have to end with "they all lived happily ever after" or "they burnt in hell for eternity?

I think the real problem with many about the ending is they had been working on their comment about Rob taking back a "lying, cheating, worthless whore" and in the end they couldn't use it.

FD45FD45about 10 years ago
@ Harry in VA

Pride. It comes up a lot but I am not sure that you are translating it properly.

When a wife in any of the LW stories starts to use that term, what they are really saying is: "I fucked up. I did a bad thing. I am admitting it and I won't do it again. But your (all together now) SILLY MALE PRIDE is getting in the way of us having a really good life from here on out."

So, what they are saying is that with all the facts on the table as the WOMAN sees them, the only thing making reconciliation impossible is the fact that the man won't FORGIVE her and essentially 'take one for the team'. Partners hurt each other in marriage all the time because they are thoughtless, rude, and yes, sometimes deliberately mean. We are flawed creatures. She's been hurt by him before. Why can't he do the same?

In the case of infidelity, it is especially egregious behavior. And to a certain point, these women are correct: the man won't let go of the hurt, won't accept the humiliation of having to 'suck it up' and so they...just...go. (or in Stang's case, jump into a Mustang and tear out at 100+ mph) I can see the Betrayed Spouse in ponderous tones saying "How could you do this? Don't you know who I am?" Pride can be an accurate term.

However, this is the WIFE'S view of the situation. She doesn't realize exactly how much damage she's done and how the past marriage is essentially Bull Pucky. Who cares if Hannibal Lector is good to animals, is witty and urbane, and has a generous spirit to his friends? That whole 'dietary thing' eclipses all of that.

So you are being a bit overly dismissive. Now I am not defending MM stories, where she gives little cucky the occasional handjob for being such a good little boy! But in Bob's case, it applies to a number of stories.

She wants forgiveness. The Protag won't give it.

avidreader123avidreader123about 10 years ago
What about the blackmailing asshole?

Blackmail is basically rape. She is non-consenting. The asshole needs to not be a police officer at the least. A fatal accident would be fine too.

IsactaggedIsactaggedabout 10 years ago
Another wimp tale

Why all the stupids and wimps things that they are smarts and with a lot of pride

JensensloverJensensloverabout 10 years ago

It pisses me off when a writer expects their readers to be happy with an unfinished story after taking their precious time to sit though 3 fucking chapters! Will not be reading this fucking assholes stories anymore. Maybe lit could come up with a brand new category where writers like JPB can post their unfinished work.

shaman43shaman43about 10 years ago
Abdication

A well written and plotted story. I do have disappointment here. The ending was an abdication of an author's responsibility to the reader. Yes some reader choice as to the ultimate denouement of plot and character involvement is OK as a part of style. As a reader I do not like it overly much but it can be interesting occasionally. This story was so open ended that the plot was completely busted. There was not enough character development to make any inferences. The only thing that was left was preference as to what happens to cheaters etc and we all know that scorecard from always wanting them to stay together to BTB to the point of death. Again not enough to make up an ending that stays with the plot. Might as well written my own story. Carried it too far this time JPB.

jasonnhjasonnhabout 10 years ago
No where to go with this

She is guilty, she admits it. She is marginally sorry but essentially decided she was screwed anyway so she might as well enjoy it. Randy is a cop who is drugging, raping, and blackmailing women and that seems to bother neither husband or wife. If Randy shows up in town she will fuck him. Oh Well. This goes against the aggressive take charge attitude the couple has in all the rest of their activities. She fought like hell against signing a pre-nup, derailing her potential marriage, but she is drugged, raped, and blackmailed and that's OK because he has a BIG dick. Michelle is completely inconsistent as a character.

Now we come to Rob's "solution". He can't trust her. He cannot live with a lack of trust. So instead he proposes to become her jailer. He wants a punishment so severe that she will never cheat. You know what that causes? Cheaters to become even more creative in the way they cheat. Meanwhile he holds her on a leash, behave or else. WOW, what a great relationship to have.

There is no good, believable resolution to this. The characters have been written into a corner. If there is an ending, it will be magical.

patilliepatillieabout 10 years ago
This isnt over is it?

From the comments seems like folks think you are done with this tale-say it aint so.

FD45FD45about 10 years ago
Sorry

It is probably so.

There is no 'to be continued'.

Bob has a history of open ended stories, where a protagonist leaves a wife a choice to make and never writes another word.

This was a pretty direct 'fuck you' to the audience because normally, there is SOME resolution to the man's internal dilemma. However here, Bob put all the drama on HER choice...and then stuck the audience with a big fat Zero..

Hence the reactions of older readers.

nonethewisernonethewiserabout 10 years ago
Its over

same story posted someplace else (you can readily guess) and it says "final" when this part was added last night

rcrmonte3rcrmonte3about 10 years ago
Where Is FTDS When We Need Him?

Hopefully there is a chapter 4. I. among others, do NOT like being left hanging. C'mon, Bob. Wrap it up & tie it with a bow!

TornadoTysTornadoTysabout 10 years ago
Nice Involved plot

Michelle is completely inconsistent as a character. 

She was cheated on her husband does not trust women as they are cheaters so even when she was raped ( she seems to have taken that rather well emotional ) she is then black mailed for sex with a big cock !

Would she have not just confessed to Rob about the rape and gone to police and had therapy !

starmanfivestarmanfiveabout 10 years ago
Very well written story

JPB has mad skills!

reasonablemanreasonablemanabout 10 years ago
The marriage is clearly over

I can't believe that this ending has caused such a furor. Rob said that if Michelle said anything but "where do I sign?" it was over. Michelle said she would do anything to save the marriage but then she hesitated. Rob knows that he can't trust her and now has to figure out how to work it out with her at work. The thing with JPB stories is that you never know what you are going to get. He is not MM. This story works. Rob should never have married Michelle. He did not do due diligence. Neither Michelle or he are marriage material. He should just go back to work and continue his friends with benefits relationship with his PA.

Storm113Storm113about 10 years ago
finished or not?

is this the end? please continue. thanx

FD45FD45about 10 years ago
Reread (because despite his sense of humor, is a good author)

And there is one point (well...one HUGE point) which had me scratching my head and ties into something I always said about Bob's characters: emotional disconnect. They don't act like normal people.

To wit: Michelle goes out to a party, gets fed date rape drug, and wakes up having been used and abused by an undisclosed number of men.

How does she react? We have no idea how she reacts! Her husband detects NOTHING! Her coworkers detect nothing. She was used by anonymous men as a sex toy, defiled in a very visceral way, and she never reports it, never suffers any emotional trauma, and doesn't even change her sales pattern to AVOID the place where she got gang raped because she sees Randy there a couple weeks later. A COUPLE OF WEEKS. She has no idea who these assholes are, if they are still there, if they are smirking at her or, even worse, planning on taking her again and she's just Ducky about the whole thing!

And any sensible person would easily figure, if not the first time, certainly the second: "Sure Randy...you go show those pictures to my husband. Please do! I can now identify the scumbags who raped me. And then your mother, your cop friends, their wives, your family and any woman in your life will know you were involved in a gangbang and the woman is claiming rape. So you are an accessory to rape I hear ex cops have a REAL active social life in jail."

I get that this isn't a story about that, but still. This isn't a run in her stocking. It isn't losing in a sales conference. It is TWO rapes she doesn't report: the gangbang and Randy. The blasé way she treats the situation just doesn't compute.

mike2710mike2710about 10 years ago
Thanks

Thanks for the story. I dont know if this is worse thand ending "A" and ending "B". but I like the story and did not expect that ending.

Thanks for the entertainment.

Mike from Texas.

firas01firas01about 10 years ago
I dont know

although i do admire and respect this author but i didnt read this story when it first came out because i am always leery that he will play one of his tricks on us the readers, the last line felt like bob was saying..haha you stupid shit did you think that i would stop my old ways of keeping you hanging...anyways great story and thanks for sharing

AffecteffectAffecteffectabout 10 years ago
Good ending

I think that the story is compete as-is. The answer to the ultimatum would only take one paragraph, not a whole chapter. Maybe some bagpipe music for Randy…….

been_there_done_thatbeen_there_done_thatabout 10 years ago
I do not see the problem....

... it was a good story and either ending was clearly defined: 1) "Where do I sign?" and it is happily ever after. 2) "Can we talk about this?" and we know it is over. A few paragraphs expanding on either outcome would not change or add to the rest of the story. Both segments of readers can have their fetish for "Happily Ever After" or "Burn the Bitch" and both can also be disappointed if they assume it did not go their way. Well Done Bob!

michs28michs28about 10 years ago

I am still waiting for the conclusion, where is chapter 4? Not pleased with the ending.

green117green117about 10 years ago
Story conclusions...

I see no problem with the story as it is.

It isn't a "fuck you" - it is a realization that anything after this point is anticlimax. What are you hoping for? She sees the light? Bob has done those - She is dead meat? Bob has done those...

The only purpose dramatically to continue the story seems to me would be to reify (look it up man... it is a term Loving Wives needs to use much more often) the readers preconceptions.

Honestly? You can't take the Lady or the Tiger? To my mind, she is still much too sure/full of her self to do "anything" for the marriage - there has been no roses and panting breaths in the story, no emotional scenes shown to indicate that she is really willing to throw herself under the bus. Bob's women tend to be driven by outside forces to stray from marriage/relationship - be it big dicks, jealousy, intoxicants - and so emotional commitment alone is not enough to ensure commitment.

And really, y'all anonymicies... why should she? He cheated as well - he didn't confront her with the stuff she was doing outside the relationship, which would have allowed her to exit the blackmail situation without additional risk to the relationship. The could have "worked it out" then.

So... Bob has done a good job, again, in presenting warring Ids (ya know, like Freud, man....) - our protagonist is fooling around, our female lead is fooling around (why? 'cause it felt good, basically) and ya gotta ask what is gong to hold the relationship together if neither of them gives a basic dump about the other?

Bob, you romantic you. Must be the season, a day early for this note...

Green-something

louguy35louguy35about 10 years ago
Just same-o, same-o!

JPB continues following his/their grand design...FUCK THE READER! Are all of the writers who call themselves JPB equally screwed up by bad marriages?

fanfarefanfareabout 10 years ago
applaause!!!

Great going JPB. I always enjoy it when the authors force the poor, sensitive darlings to use their limited brains for something other then a bird's nest.

The problem with this third version of the pre-nup is again the fairness issue. Any court this is brought to has to consider if it appears fair to the average person. Well, that's the theory anyway.

What would make this pre-nup a lot easier to enforce was if the party receiving the shares had to pay a reasonable sum for those shares. Say at least thirty percent of fair market value. Or,how about accepting a trade for preferred bonds in the company for at least thirty percent of the valuation of the company. It just has to be reasonable or a Civil court will void the pre-nup.

TheNextGuyTheNextGuyabout 10 years ago

Nice little story which I've had fun reading about! Well deserved four stars for all chapters.

Just a little thing about the prenup: after the marriage, it's called a postnuptial agreement. I think the distinction between them is very important, because they are viewed very differently under the law.

Depending on the state the couple lives in, a marriage settlement agreement (a pre/postnuptial agreement is nothing more than that, in the end) signed during the marriage is either totally invalid (Ohio) or much less of a sure thing. It can be disregarded by the family judge under certain circumstances and some of that is left to the judge's interpretation. There's of course the issue of child custody agreements, which would result in the whole postnuptial agreement being invalid (for example) in a Mississippi court, but there are lots more possibilities in other states (ie Georgia). For one more example, the prenup Rob was unwilling to sign initially, would unlikely to be valid in a New York state court.

Tim413Tim413about 10 years ago
Finish the story, even if I don't like the ending.

Now we see why she wouldn't sign his first pre-nup - she was still being "blackmailed." What about this time?

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
half agree

I also wonder why she took no action after being "raped" (or was it really rape ?)

Blood tests detect date rape drugs, and if condoms were not used DNA would be found.

I half agree with FD45, the gang rape occurred while she was in college before she married.

She was dating him, and he did think that they were exclusive.

Not knowing which state they are in can't say if there is a statute of limitations on the rape, but the blackmail is current enough.

A dirty cop needs dealt with.

What kind of society accepts a cop that watches a rape and blackmails the victim ?

sugnasugnaabout 10 years ago
@Tw0Cr0ws

You are dead on! This is the major flaw in the story. All she had to do is to file rape charges. With her families money and clout they's stick and they could even take a cop down. So, the truth is that it wasn't rape. She just liked big cock. Time for a divorce and a relocation to a nicer area with all his loot and the bosses hot widow! Much smarter move!!!

SyrustheVirusSyrustheVirusabout 10 years ago

I don't see why you are consider a popular writer....you never finish any of your stories....why should I, the reader, make an investment in your work if it is never concluded? The counter to this point it the author wants the reader to imagine the ending. This is a cheap ass excuse that means you are afraid the reader will critiqie your work. If I want to imagine how things turn out I will just day dream while playing with my dick........so finish the damn story

extemporeextemporeabout 10 years ago
Cool to the touch . . .

Almost all of your stories are well written and most are interesting. There is, however, a detached tone to most of them; a certain "coolness" that, for the most part, precludes any really passionate reaction to your efforts.

This story fits that mold completely. I think that in some way you must be a total jerk -- and I mean that in the best possible way; because the ending of this story is enough all by itself, to give it a five!

green117green117about 10 years ago
On reread - JPB, master manipulator..

Anyway... did you notice how JPB balanced the story from the get-go? They both had bad early relationships, they both had doubts about the other...

And then the balance was disturbed by "balancing" the prenup...

She gets married and he doesn't... but she divorces.

They rebalance over the infidelity, both cheating... she had her (blackmailing big dick) boy on the side back when, he had "Shirley"...

They rebalance the stock holdings - he ends up with 30%, the two female leads 35%...

And he tries for a rebalanced postnup...

And Bob gives us the Lady and the Tiger.

I'm kinda getting the idea that JPB was doing market research - which way you go depends on the level of cynicism you have. Why not have them get back together?... other than the control issues... why have them get back together?... other than the "girls love big dicks" thing.... and all the claims of mutual love.

Think maybe JPB has a paying writing gig and he may be using this forum to see what flies with the public? Who knows?

Anyway - sure, let them get together... they will of course divorce, but that's pretty much a coin flip in any case these days... and he has his second chance woman working besides him... such-a-deal for almost everyone involved. Burn the BD blackmailer? Piece o' cake - any mention of blackmail by the cop puts him away for a long time... but really he was a red herring so JPB could have the boy on the side not count, 'cause it was not "really cheating". More ambiguity, more balancing...

Green-something

sdc92078sdc92078almost 10 years ago
Prenup = locking the barn door after the horses have escaped

Forget fidelity at this point, that ship has sailed. Take the contract and stock offered, open the marriage, let Michelle keep Randy on the side if she wants him and resume friends with benefits with Ronnie.

Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
good

she didn't ask for a pen

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
The ending...

The story is very good, but I never liked stories or even movies that leave the end open...This the reason for the 2 *...

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
I only kept reading this

Sorry tale that reads like a bunch of third-rate actors fucking up a play; to see if there might be an interesting plot twist to make my time worthwhile. Then you just quit? I will be scrapeing the bottom of the barrel if I read one of your stories again.

Bret_HarteBret_Harteover 9 years ago
Had there been a real ending vote would have been a 5

As it is, it dropped down to a 3, Just one and a half sentences more could have finished this off right, but then you seem to have fallen victim to "Writer's Block," stupidity, or laziness - possibly all three.

"She was going to have to sign the prenuptial agreement that she had refused to sign back when she broke our engagement." Water under the bridge, once you got married. Codicils after marriage are called post-nuptials.

Please add an epilogue where a narrator can explained how everything came out. How about a three-way equal spit of the stock, Michelle and Rob re-commit to their marriage, and Ronnie becomes a Mother-in-law and step Mom with benefits, and all three of them live in the same house in a three way supportive relationship?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
alphabet

Bob, literotica alphabetizes all the stories an author writes....I'm down to the h's an I keep hoping that atleast, in one of your stories that one of you leads has a set of balls larger than peas, that atleast, one of your wives doesn't change from loving wife to total piece of shit slut wife for no reason in an instant, and, lastly, that you don't get bored with your story right before you end it. I'm still waiting. Why do I keep reading them? I've already read all the other authors in this category. Quantity should not replace quality Bob.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
9067 Followers
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories