Holly and Greg

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Epilogue

It's been a year since that weekend.

Both Derek Turner and James Young were fired for cause based on Holly's complaint and after the HR director listened to the recordings, read Jake Sullivan's notes and had a subsequent conversation with Jake. Neither received any severance; just a quick kick out the door. Holly heard they threatened lawsuits; but backed down after being threatened with countersuits.

Speaking of suits, a letter from our attorney produced a nice check from the company to Holly, nothing more was said after she signed the release. We might have been tempted to press the matter; but Holly's company did the right thing - they got rid of the miscreants and settled quickly with her.

The counselor did help us get over our issues. Holly was surprised when she heard the real cause for my first marriage's failure. She was hurt when I related during our first session how close I came to cheat on her. My reason for coming clean was simple; Holly needed to know she wasn't the only one who could be tempted; our marriage would be stronger if she wasn't carrying around a ton of guilt. After all, neither of us crossed a physical line; which made the emotional lines we crossed still damaging, but not unforgiveable.

I truly believe Holly and I are happier now than during our first year of marriage. Both kids are doing great; it's probably easier to raise children when there are two adults who love each other doing the raising.

A few important lessons were learned. Number one; don't use another person to replace the emotional support you should be getting from your spouse. Especially when the other person has a reason to put barriers between you and your spouse. It may start out with friendly lunches, it often ends up in bed.

Number two, if you're doing something you're ashamed to tell your spouse; chances are you shouldn't be doing it.

Number three. Communication; have an issue with your spouse? - let them know. I'm not naïve; there are marriages that won't be saved by communication and sharing, but if yours is a marriage worth saving, take the time to communicate.

Well, that's my two cents anyways; and worth every penny.

Afterword - by Bill and Kate

This story was written after a young couple who lived down the road recently separated and are now heading for a divorce. It's a shame really, their kids will probably suffer. Kate has had a few conversations with the wife and I spent an afternoon with the husband at a local pub. Of course, we've changed the names, locations and the ending. The trouble was, in our neighbors' case, it went too far, too many lines were crossed and they couldn't recover from the damage. Not as happy an ending to their tale, we're afraid.

12