All Comments on 'Hometown Hero'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 77 Comments
allforallallforallover 17 years ago
Another great one

You've done it again!

Kanga40Kanga40over 17 years ago
Another good story

from DG.

A whole group of believable characters reacting in understandable ways to events around them.

Extremely uncommon on Lit, and so very refreshing.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 17 years ago
Fabulous Story- nice twists and turns

Great story ... with a few surprises. When mary and Johnny the hero had the fight when he was moving to Columbus OH I thought for sure Sara w as going to show up OR trick mary into thinking He was seeing someone there in Columbus so she-- MARY would cheat

so there are some nice twists in this story.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 17 years ago
Excellent romance

A very good story of true love. How do women always figure it all out before the man does? Yes, a little twist in there since all relationships have to have a hitch or two.

Very enjoyable reading!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Another fine story

DG:

I would expect nothing less and I'm happy to see that the tale is even better then your previous best, Thank You. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
You're going to be a daddy, daddy.

What a touching wasy to tell him he would be a father.

Man, you just do not mess with a woman's medicine chest. I think he learned his lesson.

The whole thing with Art and Joe added a nice layer of complexity.

Well done, DG!

Regards, DJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Me too.

A nice little tale, DG, and you told it so well. It's stories like these that puts the Lit. in Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
All that for a Sandwich

Not a bad little story but you are getting a little bit sappy. Lets have a bit more real life in the next one.

DesertPirateDesertPirateover 17 years ago
Excellent as always

DG,

I love your stories, mostly believable characters and actions, great story lines, nice twists in the plot, what more is needed? I got a kick out of the daddy daddy line, great! Thank you for the wonderful treatment of serving military and vets, most are great people but there are a few like Joe. This old cold war sub sailor appreciates it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Great Story! DG

We expect the best from you and you always seem to deliver. Another romanic spin. Love your work!

An avid fan of DG Hear.

PS Thanks for backing the troops.

RicticRicticover 17 years ago
Great Story

Another great story from the great D. G. Hear. Thanks for supporting the military. A fan always. Ricky

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Outstanding

To reiterate what several other posters have mentioned, this was an exceptionally well-crafted story. The character development was excellent. It is stories like this which more than make up for the ocassional "wham, bam, thank you ma'am tripe we see in this venue. Kudos!

Blue88Blue88over 17 years ago
Sweet

It's always a pleasure to read one of DG Hear's stories. Makes the day just a little brighter - thanks DG.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
A Great Story

It's always a great pleasure to see a good story that also is sexy. That's what this story is. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Improvements

In the last several months, I've gone back and read almost everything you have posted, and enjoyed 99% of it. However, you just surpassed anything prior with this story. Well written, good story, and I suspect part of it comes from personal experience. FANTASTIC

cageyteecageyteeover 17 years ago
Once again I feel fortunate

to have found another DG Hear story to read.

PEATBOGPEATBOGover 17 years ago
Superb as always! DG.

Thanks DG for an exceptionally well-written story - it's always a pleasure to get a new one from the Master! Its stories like this which make up for the crap so often dished out at Literotica. There are so few really great writers on this site but you are certainly one of them! What can I say? A real gem of a tale! Well done DG, full marks - no suggestions for improvement - to me it was perfect! A devoted fan, Pete.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
A Person Writing About Real People & Life

Refreshing and quite entertaining Author. The others have said the rest.

Don't change the warmth of your style.

With Very High Regard

asiaprofasiaprofover 17 years ago
Very good, but

not as great

as your others

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Rushed

This story, from the use of the two female leads: Sara and Mary, was rushed. You introduced Sara and then allowed Mary to define her, not giving us enough insight into Sara by her own actions.

As for Mary, who was she to warn our hero? Mary as a character came out of nowhere and suddenly she is in love with our hero. On what basis did she establish that love? and surprise, surprise, our her falls for her too. Nah, I couldn't buy it! This love story was too rushed. More time should have been devoted to character development.

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 17 years ago
The Romance was the best part

Love does conquer all (as it should in this genre) in this heart warming story. Together with traditional values (such as saving your virginity for your true love) you could forget about your daily troubles as the story safely sails to the happy end. Almost, I realize that the hero theme is relatively marginal here, even if the story is named after it. Nevertheless, I did have a little problem with the concept of the war hero as a lonely hero (pretty much along the lines of the mythological lonely ranger who comes saves the lonely town and rides away). It’s perfectly ok as part of American classic myth. But if an effort is being made to implant that hero into the current battle ground, that image, at least for me was difficult to settle with what I see and hear about every day. I am not questioning the credibility of this particular story. I don’t know if it’s based on a true story; inspired by variety of stories or even a pure imagination. All I am saying is that the cumulative picture of the reality there is that 1. If you go alone in those areas you die; you don’t survive and 2. You need the cooperation and support of the local population, and the American forces have lost it or never had it for quite some time. So simply put, I had a bit of a problem suspending disbelief reg. the military part of the story. I am sure that there are plenty acts of heroism. Maybe more careful watch on the developments could supply easier to imagine (and believe) stories from the front.

Another comment on heroism. At the end, I could not see lying to dying Joe as such an act of heroism. Sounded to me more like lowering himself to Joe’s level; quite petty and cowardly in fact(What could be the risks for anybody?). Plus, since when lying is heroic anyways?

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
The home town Hero

I`m so happy for Johnny and Sara i really loved reading your story DGi love a happy ending without cheating in them keep up the good work with the great writing and i hope to read more about the hometown hero.

Pat.

Atlanta,Ga.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Well Done

Excellent story with romance, drama, crime & punishment, and even some good, lovin' sex. It is emotionally satisfying too with the clearing up of untruths that kept people in the dark too long. That kind of thing happens far too often in life it seems and it lifts clouds to bring in sunlight when the truth is told. Keep up the good work. Maybe someone can make a movie of this one.

bornagainbornagainabout 17 years ago
Such a moving story

DG i have a Good friend who served in the Marines during Nam in the 60s he got a Purple Heart and a bronze star were still good friends im a strong supporter for our Soldiers over seas and i pray they all come home alive you get high marks from me 1000 hows that for a score.

Pat

Atlanta,Ga

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkabout 17 years ago
One minor detail

Thanks for sharing this story, I really enjoyed it. One minor point - he had a liver transplant at three and grew up never noticing that he and his father both had similar, major scars?

NucleusNucleusover 16 years ago
Thank you

You do a lot more than writing good stories. As a foreign reader with low skills in english writing I learned to love your stories. But not only this. I learned a lot about american lifestyle the more I read. It's interesting to find out the differences in lifestyle of english people, american, australian, newzealand ... It helped a little bit to understand other cultures. Thank you.

<p><b>Nucleus</b></p>

crazirandi14crazirandi14almost 16 years ago
And again...

It's another great story as usual!! I love romance! Keep up the great work!

SELSTIMSELSTIMalmost 15 years ago
A GOOD STORY BUT...

it could have been great! You blew it when you had John tell Joe, ON HIS DEATH BED, that Joe wasn’t his or Mary’s father. Then rubbed it in his face when John taunted him, saying that he was shooting blanks. The compassionate character you developed for John wouldn’t have been so dishonorable by kicking a man on his death bed. Especially, when that man also served his country but came back from the war a changed man. Unfortunately, you had John act like most of society, today. They view Vets like Joe with disdain and consider him a dreg of society rather than a person that lost the best part of himself while fighting for his country. Usually, a man like that has trouble living with himself after doing the things he had to do in war. So, he drinks uses drugs and pushes people away with his crass behavior. That one line was completely inconsistent with the character you developed as your “Hometown Hero”. Thus, being a blemish on an otherwise great story. Still, it was a nice read, Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

Fabulous just fabulous!

hathorbr1hathorbr1almost 14 years ago
Great Story!

I really loved this story. You did a wonderful job of developing the characters, too. By the way, thank you for not having him end up with that whore Sara! What a tragedy that would've been! LOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Keep on writing them great DG!!!

This was a great read and very well done. R.T.

size14shoesize14shoealmost 13 years ago
What SELSTIM said...

I anticipated John 'doing the right thing' when he visited Joe on his death bed. HG Hear, you are a great writer. Please consider a story about a Joe similar to this Joe and make it right for a war-changed Veteran.

LegionsOfLiesLegionsOfLiesover 12 years ago
An asshole is an asshole

It doesn't matter if Joe was a soldier in war or not he was still an asshole, that deserved to be told off.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 12 years ago
I liked the reality feel to this

The part people criticize about how he handled Joe is a very real scene - to me- after the active abuse Joe did he got what he deserved.

Yes war can change and injure people who never take a bullet - that is terrible but it is NOT an excuse for being a horrible person it is an explanation but no more.

Joe like any other vet is a hero for us all to thank - that does not give him a free pass on the rest of his life any more than it gives the acclaimed hero a pass to be an asshole either.

It read well and flowed well Thank you -

cross13cross13over 10 years ago
for the soldier

I believe that soldiers are the biggest heroes in the world, better than the comic book heroes if they were to come to life, I thank you for honoring them in a story and revering them in the right light and not degrading them, great write too.

timagiotimagioover 10 years ago
good

Great plot. But maby you should use some more emmotion, very blan and predictablly writen. Maby a sequal or a revision. Keep up the good work

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
HEROES ARE ALWAYS MADE

only little bitty babies are born, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great story

Another great romance.Do it again.

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilabout 10 years ago
Have to agree about that one line.

I think John's character took a dive in that hospital scene. He may have thought Joe was an ass but to make up stuff just to hurt him on his deathbed was cruel. Other's mentioned that Joe might have been changed by his experience in the military. That might be. Whatever the reason, John showed a surprising bit of evil there. It did not resonate with the character we had seen before this.

Still enjoyed the rest and thanks again for sharing your work

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Loved this story, I gave it 5 stars. I think this story would make a very good movie.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 9 years ago
Very good

This story is believable and realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good Story

Really well written, and every now and then we need a happy ending. I probably should have given it a 5 star rating, but clicked on a 4th star before I thought about it long enough. Next time that I read one of yours that doesn't quite rate a 5 star, I'll make up the difference by giving it that rating anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
fantastic story

I also think this would make a great movie. You have a gift in creating this compelling story.please may i have some more. I loved it i wish I could give you 10 stars.

Kitist02Kitist02almost 8 years ago
Delightful twists and turns

Aside from some stilted dialogue about the hero business this was an outstanding example of what a seemingly simple story can do to hide lots of secrets in the background.

As with most of the stories by DGH that I've read, there is a common thread of human errors being overcome by thoughtful prompting by (usually) family members and friends.

I envy you the skill with which you write these stories. Thank you for providing so much pleasure to us.

MoondogAUMoondogAUalmost 8 years ago
Seriously!?

He's had a liver transplant and they've never told him? He went in the army and never know? What about all the anti rejection drugs? Poor choice for a plot device.

SampkyangSampkyangover 7 years ago
MoondogAU is right

Even with all six markers they test matching the recip HAS to take anti-regection drugs for the rest of thier life. BUT still a 5* story...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
FAN BLOODY TASTIC STORY

Look up in the dictionary for words that mean wonderful and Fantastic! Then tick all of them that describes this story! PLEEEEEEEEEZE fuck off the Nit picking hecklers! If you're so good Fuuuuuck ooff and write your own (LEAVE HIM ALONE AND PLAY WITH YOUR OWN) KNOW ALL KNOW NOTHING BASTARDS!.........Love you all! GREG. OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
HOMETOWN HEROES

when they win.....they win Big, TK U MLJ LV NV

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Sweet and complicated Romance story

A great sweet and complicated Romance with a happily resolved ending.

Who did not know about his liver transplant? If it may be a mistake, but this is a fictional story and certain literary licenses are allowed about it.

I myself have doubts about whether I had a twin brother who died in childbirth, my parents never wanted to tell me about it.

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet), is not my native language.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
love it

Great story thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Got me again

Okay, I am hooked. You have one very interesting mind coming up with all of your various story ideas. Your mostly a Five in my book and sometimes a Four. Your addictive. Love your stories and the way that you tell them. Thanks! BK

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Something about Mary

I have a hard time liking Mary. John does something she doesn't like and she gives him the cold shoulder. He accidentally finds her pills and she ghosts him for weeks even after she knew he told the truth. Frankly, I would have apologized once and when she ignored the apology I would just moved on. Too much trouble.

Supposedly, she's the happiest nurse and yet she's incredibly bullheaded. Is she happy at work and just treats people close to her like garbage? Who knows?

Then, she stops taking her birth control pills without letting her husband know. That's just unethical. When to have children is supposed to be a joint decision in a marriage not an unilateral action. Sure there are oops times and birth control at times need to be stopped but this was just Mary doing what Mary wants.

Not to worry, John is so whupped, he'll let her run all over him. I wanted to like this story, but Mary is too self-centered to make if enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
It just didn’t seem like a real life story!

First how can any person not understand that the actions of their biological father have direct consequences on their being alive! Joe was believed to be the hero’s father up until the end of this story. How can they wish that people like Joe hadn’t screwed their mother and impregnated her which resulted in their birth! If Joe hadn’t done that guess what “THAT PERSON WOULDN’T EXIST”. I find these people to be utterly brain dead.

As for the donor for hero’s bad liver, quite often their are no immediate family members who are a match. We had a case like this at my workplace. The interesting thing was a guy working for the person who needed the liver transplant was a match and he made the organ donation.

Lastly the blowup between Mary and hero was very contrived and self serving for the author. First off if a normal guy finds out that his steady girl friend has started to secretly take birth control pills, he would think that he won the lottery. Only an idiot would confront her and treat her like she was a slut! The guy has been dating her for a long period of time and she had told him that she is saving herself for her future husband. In an early relationship there will always be sexual activities prior to actual intercourse. Every guy who gets intimate with his girlfriend will first finger her to climax. Guess what, that’s when he knows that she is still a virgin since he can’t push his finger into her vagina, duh!

KRD19254KRD19254over 5 years ago

Only a Purple Heart and the Bronze??? Purple is right and the Bronze for his gallantry in saving the kids. But for saving his unit by putting himself under fire taking out the tank and being already wounded he should have gotten the Silver Star of not Cross, as it was two different engagements.

Recruiting duty really sucks - I just could never lie to the kids to make quota so I got screwed into being a boot-pusher/Company Commander - yuk too!

As far as Mary, well she was sure head strong but with that she'll never be a cheater either. However, she had an immaturity streak that combat weens from veterans.

I was expecting the story to go a different direction since Mary would not return calls and put him on the ropes. That he would have requested a change of orders to a 1yr combat tour - that are always granted - he could wallowing in mind numbing action. Now Mary can fear for his return if it happens.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Good Story except for the beginning

I almost didn’t read past the first few paragraphs. As a combat vet, all I could do was cringe. First the military does not use Jeeps anymore, haven’t for quite some time except for maybe SF, Seals etc. In 2006 when this was published the military was still rocking HMMWV’s better known as Humvee’s with MRAP’s being in the works to combat IED’s, land mines etc. Jeeps would be believable if the conflict he was in happened to be Korea or Vietnam but I’m pretty confident the enemy was not referred to as “terrorist’s” during those conflicts. Hell in recent conflicts I.e. Iraq and Afghanistan troops didn’t/don’t refer to the enemy as terrorists... we had/have lots of names for them but not “terrorist”. On another note a soldier wouldn’t be sent off alone to seek medical treatment by his/her LT or anyone else for that matter while outside the wire on mission. Anything serious the SM would be CASEVAC’ed either by Dustoff (chopper) or ground transport which he WOULD NOT BE ALONE. I can keep going, but I’m sure my point is made. Over all it was very good, the beginning was just hard for me as a Vet and fellow author to stomach. Beginnings are the most important part of any story, the first few paragraphs or pages are what’s going to captivate the reader or cause them to move onto something else. I almost

moved onto something else. Still gave you 5 stars though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Comments on comments

This is FICTION, so the facts don't have to match your personal knowledge.

Lots of things go into a great story that don't necessarily agree with our own "facts". [ Got into a BIG argument with my son over a plot I related to him from a WEB Griffin book I had read.] Just " a Bronze medal". My experience was that an enlisted man had to die,at or lose a limb at least for a silver, for the same acts an officer would get a silver almost automatically. "H Hero" is still a 5 star story.

Lots of typo's, (usually) etc have to be ignored to enjoy reading. /Just Jay

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang1955over 4 years ago
5☆

Great walk around reality. Twist and turns as if you where driving thru the Swiss Alps.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Amen MoondogAU

The whole liver transplant issue made no sense. There should have been another reason for the parentage to have been identified.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Fiction is Fiction 5*

I think a fiction author has every right to leave some details out that would be necessary to include in non-fiction story. If the author gets into too much detail in an effort to close every loophole, some, maybe the same critics, would criticize the author for being too detailed. I thought it was good well written story. 5*

Aussie1951Aussie1951over 3 years ago
Only one word

BRILLIANT. No ands, ifs or buts ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Rancher46Rancher46almost 3 years ago

Great storyline, you just got to love those stories where two people find true love and live happily ever after. Well done 5++ stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

good story, BUT liver transplant would probably prevent him from joining the military.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

His parents saw no reason to tell him that he once had liver disease & a transplant. That’s ridiculous. I thought that having an organ transplant required a person to be on certain medications for life. How would they have explained that?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Lots of mixed feelings with this one.

1) The grandmothers both seem to have had loose morals when they were younger.

2) The communication abilities of John are VERY weak. Mary seems to have him pegged right: you're an idiot! His gums are flapping but what comes out is not quite smart! The relationship between his brains and his mouth seem to be that of distant relatives. It is like shoot and ask questions later. Could he be a hero by accident?

3) Mary and John both seem to be unable to ask the proper questions and give the appropriate answers. About her birth control pills, all she had to answer was it is her first set ever and the purpose is for him to make her a women of the world and take her virginity with no residual rug rats... for now.

4) As a recipient of a transplant myself, yes, I will need to take anti-... pills for the rest of my life. Will the military provide these pills to its personnel when the soldier is on the front line?

The whole story is cute and interesting to read. For that, I'll go with 5*

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

why are they so mad at bro for going through the medicine cabinet 🤣 like damn can a man not get some antacids ??

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

Good story , like it a lot. AAAA++++

linnearlinnearabout 2 years ago

Great story with a bit of everything in it. I love a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

very good a little too much of explycid sex, Dez

JohnD46JohnD46almost 2 years ago

Good read. Love the military ones. Thanks

6King6Kingabout 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story, although I wasn't crazy about how she got mad at him about accidentally discovering her pills. I suppose that part of the story, but...

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Mary is another bitch like his college gf who was after the jocks the Ralph!!

Hero should have walked after the drama over the pills!!

Going off the pills and getting pregnant was an unilateral choice!!!

CUCK WRITER WRITES CUCK SHIT

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Poor hero saddled with another bitch Mary!!

He should have got another gf/wife

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago
What a Bitch!!!

I would've told "Mary" to kiss my ass had I been the main character who accidently saw her birth control pills. Plus, it was an honest mistake. Yet she wanted to give him a bunch of shit over it, and even brought his sisters in on it, too. Screw that, I would've also told my sisters to mind their own F-ing business, too.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

What a beautiful Romance. Fits the pattern. Boy and girl meet. They fall in love. Odd problems arise as barriers. They over come the barriers and live happily ever after.

For the clueless who attack Mary: obviously you were never blessed with a wonderful loving partner like Mary. How sad for you, or maybe how lucky are the special people that never had to suffer with your rotten attitudes. Next time read carefully before making ridiculous comments.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

So yes, Sara was a Queenie Slut, but Mary was a bullheaded Bitch. All he did was open a cabinet and look for a tums. And his sisters should have stood up for him. Totally whipped!

01Timber6701Timber673 months ago

He dropped one cheating bitch for another bitch over him getting tums from the medication cabinet and seeing her pills and then bitching about it like he was the bad guy,,, he should of walked away after he took her home and told his sisters to get out of his business and leave him alone

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

SIMILAR Stories