Honor Thy Mother & Thy Father Ch. 24

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Patty brought the Challenger down to a smooth landing, and turned off on the high-speed taxiway. The aircraft was greeted by a follow-me truck and was escorted to the Base Operations facility. On the way there, they passed the mammoth B52, and C-5 airlift aircraft. They dwarfed her Challenger. Now she realized why the taxiway and runway were so wide.

15 minutes after they arrived, someone yelled, "Attention!"

The General said, "As you were." She walked over to Patty and hugged her. "Show off; even one of my nuggets couldn't have done any better."

Patty replied, "I read all the manuals, I don't know what the big deal is?"

"Patty, one day I'm going to put you in a flight simulator, and have you fly in severe weather. I want you to tell me what the manuals say about that."

"I can tell you what the manuals say about that right now. They say, 'Stay out of it.'"

Aurora laughed. "You can probably tell me the page, and paragraph it was on."

Patty was about to tell her, when Aurora put a finger to her lips. "Don't you dare, or I'll break your legs."

Patty asked her how soon they could get to the Army base, because Stephano wanted to be with his mother.

"Your helicopter is ready to go."

Aurora hugged Patty again, and whispered in her ear, "Thank you for my Star, I'll make sure all women in uniform benefit from it."

"I take it you haven't seen the changes in the Uniform Code of Military Justice yet?"

Aurora looked at her in horror. "Patricia, what did you do?"

"Who me, I'm a civilian, what could I possibly do to the military?"

"Patty, they will put you in jail, and throw away the key."

"Right now, I might be safer in there."

"I have never known a smaller girl get into bigger trouble than you."

"As Albert Einstein said, 'It is not the use of your frame that counts; it is the use of your brain."

"They will quote that man until the end of time."

"I'm glad you think so, because I just made that up."

Aurora laughed. "Go to your helicopter, and get off my base. You are incorrigible."

"Please don't tell my husband that Aurora."

"You don't have to General, he already knows it," Stephano said. "I chased her for a year and a half until she caught me. I was safe in my own little bubble, until we met. Now I'm running for my life."

"Is this tall wimp your husband? Couldn't you have picked a man with balls?"

Patty grabbed Stephano's arm. "Trust me, Aurora, not only does he have balls, but he has a tree to hang them on."

"Oh my, you lucky devil you. Congratulations to both of you, now get off my airbase. We have a training mission coming up, and I have a lot of work to do."

********

98. A Presidential Imperative

In Washington, two hours after the President gave his edict to Bob Brooks and Michael Free to find out who was after Patty, Harold and their two programs; the two directors sat in conference with the heads of the Treasury Department, and the Secret Service, to map out a strategy to find who might have funded this operation. No one from directors down, or janitorial staff up was to be excluded. For the next seven days, all non-essential work would be put aside to work on this problem. They head of the Treasury Department, Jack Brew, asked Bob Brooks to sign a waiver into his financial dealings. He signed it without hesitation. Michael Free did the same. Julia Pierman offered to sign, but was excluded because she, and her department was not under investigation.

Moments after the conference ended, a worldwide net of computers, and manpower were looking for any and every illegal transfer of money to offshore banking accounts of current and former CIA and FBI members. To broaden the net even further, they decided to look into the dealings of the burgeoning Security Industry. Former CIA, Navy SEALs, Army Ranger, and Special Forces team members were highly recruited, and highly paid by these firms to perform extremely hazardous duty. Anyone, from legitimate companies, to Warlord controlled countries could hire these men for any purpose they desired. It was not only happening here, in the US, but all around the world. The only leg up they had so far was the captives all spoke English, without an accent.

The president called a special meeting with the Senate Foreign Intelligence Committee advising them of the actions taking place in the Central United States.

Senator Batch, from Utah, asked, "Why are you bothering us with an internal United States problem?"

The normal, mild mannered president said, "If word of this leaks out from this room, the eight of you will be in jail for the rest of your lives, or dead for high treason." He hit his intercom button and asked his secretary to bring in the paperwork.

She entered the room and passed one sheet of paper to each Senator.

Angrily, the President said, "Read it, sign it, or leave the room."

Three Republican Senators looked at Batch for his approval. He nodded his head and they all signed.

"Nancy, notarize them, make two copies. File the original, give each member a copy, seal the others in an envelope marked, 'Ultra' and give it to the Secret Service for storage."

When her job was done, she left the office and sealed the door.

The president said to no one in particular, "Turn off the cameras, and the sound." A yellow button on his desk flashed indicating his orders had been followed.

"You realize you have just signed your own death warrants if this leaves the room, don't you? I will be seated in the first row middle seat to watch the executions, just to show you how important what I am about to tell you is. We have in our possession, two new Computer Programs that can clean the Earth's atmosphere of 90% of all pollution, within 10 years after all the changes in the coal and fossil fuel polluting industries have made the required modifications. The first program takes the pollutants from coal and turns them into inert matter that can be spread across anything, from desert to farmland, and not harm it. It will not hurt anything from humans, to animals, to groundwater. The results of the tests are stunning. They ran it through Cray, in Colorado Springs and the scientists were in awe of it. The second program takes fossil fuel contaminants and turns them into long line carbon filaments that can be turned into fabric, plastics that can be made into furniture, toys, and automobile parts. The possibilities of this program and the resulting carbon fibers are limitless.

Now, for the reason you are here. Someone tried steal these programs; and kill or capture the two people, who invented them. They were declared National Treasures by me long ago. They were both child prodigy's and they are just hitting their stride. There is no telling where they will go from here. There was another attempt to steal their programs before they could get to the Patent Office, Monday.

It is believed that members of our CIA were involved. If they were co-opted to do this, it had to be by a company or country, with unlimited funds. My gut says it is a foreign country. Who has the most to gain from these new inventions? Who could hold the world hostage by withholding them from the market for decades to come, until the world is choking from all the pollution we are putting into the atmosphere. At that point, we would be willing to pay exorbitant sums of money to anyone who had the solution. I know what I believe, but I want to hear what your gut reaction is before I speak."

Senator Batch said, "Mister President, two nations come to my mind instantly. However, we may be turning a blind eye to a third and fourth possibility. China has more of our money than we do, and Russia at this time I don't believe has the gumption to try it. That leaves two other countries that I believe have the balls to do it. India, because of their developing tech industry, segmented population and pollution problem that is out of control. Most of their water is unusable. Even though during the monsoon season they get over 150 inches of rain, their three main rivers are so polluted you can't eat the fish that live in them, without getting sick.

My other thought might surprise you, but they have the biggest brass balls in the Far East: Taiwan. We are sworn to protect them, and with this technology, and time on their side, in 20 years their economy could be one of the three largest in the world. They have a lot of people, with deep pockets, who could fund an operation like this, and a banking system that could hide it."

The President rocked back in his chair thinking. "Now you know why I asked the eight of you to come here. I was thinking in the box, and you jumped out of the box instantly. Thank you Senator, I will pass that along. Does anyone else have any suspects in mind?"

"There is always the possibility of the Japanese trying this, but I really doubt it. Their political system is so fractured right now, even a hint of something like this taking place, with the consent of their government, might cause their entire system to fail."

There was general agreement around the table about that assessment.

"Now I want you to think within the borders of the United States, and what companies might be willing to do something like this knowing the dangers of getting caught?"

This time Senator Levine laughed. "Mister President, I know this is not a laughing matter, but I can name several without a problem. Many of these companies haves ties to organized crime. The top of the list would be the Coal Industry, and its powerful lobby; the complete transportation Industry, from cars to ships, and the power producers of all types, except nuclear. We have a different problem with them: storage of their nuclear rods. Then you can expect the usual battle with the Environmental Lobbies, about using unproved methods to clean up the atmosphere, when we're trying to do just that. The Sierra Club will come at us for trying to dump the inert matter on virgin land, even though you will be able to prove that the matter is inert, and can do no harm to anything including groundwater. So, sir, this is a damned if you do, and damned if you don't situation.

"I am happy to say I won't be President when this comes before the country. Let Clark Atwater take care of it."

Senator Batch said, "I didn't realize Clark had been elected by the people yet, sir?"

The president reached in to his desk draw and took out a Susan B. Anthony dollar coin. He said, "Senator, I will bet you this dollar that a year from next January Clark will be sitting in this office."

Batch sat back in his seat. "Mister President, I've heard about that coin of yours. You have not lost a bet with it, since you college days."

"Is that a no?"

"Yes Mister President, my answer is no."

The president continued, "The only people you can discuss this with are Bob Brooks and Michael Free. You can do it either in person, privately, or on secure lines. Don't put anything on electronic media or in writing. We don't know where the leak is, and what access they may have."

******

Stephano nearly crushed his mother, as he hugged her. "Mom, it was too soon. The two of you finally found a life together that was good for both of you."

"Stephano, we had many good months together. We talked to each other more during that time than we did during all our married years. It was truly wonderful to have him all to myself. Knowing he died by my side, and without suffering, instead of having a bullet in his head, is a great comfort to me. I don't think God will be kind to him, but at least he was kind to me, and let me have my husband back for a little while."

Patty's mind opened, and she remembered her mother talking to her about Bruno's death.

She said, "Mom, don't worry, your grieving will end very soon. Be happy for him, and for the way he died."

Victoria looked her daughter-in-law in the eye, and gleaned the meaning of her words.

"Will I be with him, again?"

Patty's eyes glazed over. "No, mom, you will be with my mother, doing God's work."

Victoria kissed her and said, "I suppose I can't be angry with him for taking Bruno away from me?"

Patty whispered into Victoria's ear, "My mother told me God is a woman."

Victoria laughed. "Do you think we should tell the Pope?"

"He's German; do you really think he would believe us? He would probably excommunicate us, like they did to Martin Luther."

Stephano asked, "What are you two whispering about?"

Victoria said, "My grandbabies."

"Mom, you have 8 ½ more months to wait for their arrival. Why don't you talk about women's stuff: shopping, fashion, hair-do's or other nice frilly things?"

"Patricia, haven't you trained him yet?"

"I'm working on it, mom. He is a hard nut to crack. 24 years in a male dominated family. I've only had him for two weeks. Give me another few days, and I will bring him to heel."

Victoria was laughing so hard her sides began to hurt. "My son, you are in big trouble, from this little girl. If you don't start running now, your life will never be the same."

"Mother, you knew my life would never be the same the night you met her at my party. You knew there was something different about her that evening; didn't you? There was something about her that told you she would be my downfall, and you never warned me. She was fire and I was ice. You knew I would melt for her. You got your wish mother. I am a shell of the man I used to be."

Patty held Victoria's arm and said, "He is a handsome shell, isn't he, mom? I have already warned him that I am going to bend him until he breaks. When he does, he will become the perfect husband."

"Fuck you, Patty."

"Do we have time? Where do you want to do it? I told you never to fool around about that ever again. If you promise me sex, you had better be ready to fulfill that promise immediately."

"Mother, I have married a nymphomaniac."

"How wonderful for you Stephano; you have met someone that can keep up with your appetites."

"Keep it up mother; she is going to kill me in bed."

"Yes my son, but it will take the mortician days to take the smile off your face."

"If I told a joke like that to her, she would be beating the crap out of me this minute. She has no sense of humor."

"I'm working on it. It will just take me a little time to get used to your baser instincts."

*******

99. A Method Tried & True

William Zabo called Alan and told him he was coming over for a 'Meeting.' He was not coming to say "Hello." He was not coming over to see Callum. He was not coming over to ride a horse. He was coming over to have a "Meeting." Alan knew William very well. When he said they were going to have a "Meeting," someone was going to get hurt. Someone had tried to harm his daughter. Now, someone was going to pay a very heavy price.

Alan walked outside to greet him when he arrived. The first words out of William's mouth told him what was going to happen.

"Hello Alpha."

"Hello Delta; all of them or a select few?"

"All of them, before the director gets here."

"William, considering the amount of food, and other supplies that are going to be needing, that's going to be about eight round trips. I am going to leave a trail behind me, a blind man could follow."

"The men and supplies will be flown in by helicopter, at night. We will need you there, only once, with a homing beacon, and green marking lights. Once everything is set up, you will no longer be involved. The men escaped during the night, and you do not know where they went. Is that understood?"

"Loud and clear, Delta; but Patty, Callie, and their husbands, are my friends. If you need anything, call me, and you will have it."

William said, "I will be at home, with my wife and son. When Mister Free gets here and finds the hostages missing, the first person he is going to look at is me. I am going to be shocked, and appalled that these men got away, and are going after my Patricia again."

"I know you can pull that off, William. Meanwhile, at the cave, your men will be playing shock and awe with the men who tried to hurt Patty."

"I don't want the men that we have in custody. I want the men at the top of the food chain. Those are the men who will be fed to the sharks, piece by piece."

"I guess Susan, Callum, and I are going over to Sarge and Cassandra tonight?"

"Yes, right after you check on your captives, making sure that their chains are secure, and that they are fed."

William reached into his pocket and pulled out a vial containing a dark liquid. "You will put two drops of this into their drink. In an hour, they will all be asleep. At midnight, you will make your way to the cave. You must be there, and set up for us to arrive by 12:45 AM. I have everything you need in the trunk of my car."

"It doesn't help me if it's in your car, William. Let's put it in my truck, so I can do my part of the job. I expect Michael will be here by noon tomorrow. I will call him first thing tomorrow morning, to tell him they have escaped."

"I will make sure my men leave a trail into the woods, just in case they bring dogs out to follow them."

"I feel bad for Michael, but if you can break at least one of them, we can leak some information back to him to help with his investigation."

William replied, "I will do that for him, as long as I remain one step ahead of him. Whoever tried to kill my baby is already dead. He just doesn't know it."

********

It was 12:40 AM, when Alan turned on the low powered homing beacon for the helicopter to zero in on. He turned on the glow sticks and put them in a circle, wide enough for a large helicopter to set down in, and waited.

12:45 AM came and went and there was no sight or sound of the helicopter approaching. Alan checked to make sure that the homing beacon was functioning properly, and it was. Finally, at 1:20 AM Alan heard the helicopter approaching his position. He took his two red glow sticks and started waving them above his head, indicating the wind direction to the pilot. Within minutes the big beast was on the ground and its blades were slowing down.

William jumped out of the cargo bay, and walked over to Alan. "Would you believe the truck had a flat tire, and a police car stopped to help us?"

Alan laughed, "As their logo says, 'To Protect, and to Serve.' He did both those jobs tonight."

"Yes, but I wish he gave someone else a speeding ticket. The drops worked perfectly, they are all asleep and will be for another four to six hours. You can head home, Alan, your job is done."

"William, I should take you home. Michael will run directly to your place, after I tell him these guys have disappeared."

William thought about that possibility, and said, "Give me one moment; I have to speak to someone."

Alan watched him walk over to a man, who stood about 5'7" tall, and ramrod straight. He had a slight muscular build, and greying crew cut. This man had authority written all over him.

William's sentences were very short, and Alan lip reading skills were severely limited. However, it was plain to see this man's answers were just as brief: "Yes Sir."

William might be the boss, but this man was in charge.

William walked back to Alan and said, "We can leave now, everything is in good hands."

"I won't even ask you his name, but I could not agree with you more."

On his way to the truck, Alan looked over his shoulder. They were carrying the captives into the cave, like sacks of wheat. He did not feel sorry for any of them. They would have killed his family, and friends, without a thought. William was correct. These were the underlings, the worker bees. The people, who hired them, might not be the top men either. They could be the middle managers. William would get to them also. Sooner or later, William, using methods law enforcement could not use, would get to the top of the pyramid. Alan would not want to be that person, or that person's family. William would probably eradicate them all. Alan felt sorry for that person's family.