Honor Thy Mother & Thy Father Ch. 24

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

From the floor the headmaster said, "Please check our computers we have no one here by that name."

"Gather all your students into the auditorium, except the Castronova's, they must be kept safe."

Within five minutes all the students in the private school were in the auditorium. The 27 Castronova children were sequestered in one room. Their guard put one remote control Claymore mine in each corner of the room. He told the children not to try to leave the room, unless one of their guards gave his permission. If they tried to leave, the mines would go off. If they stayed where they were, they would be safe. They were looking for another child, because his father raped and killed his sister.

He left the room, closed and locked the door, with a cable and waited for the signal. He watched through the glass opening in the door and the Castronova children seemed to be taking it lightly, because of who they were.

In the auditorium, the leader was informed that no one by the name of Francisco Delgado attended this school."

Col. Canyon said to the headmaster, "Keep the children in this room for 10 minutes. We will disappear and no one will hear from us again. We will find this young man and his father, and they will disappear also."

Three dark vans drove up to the schools exits. Two went to the auditorium, and one to the administration exit.

Colonel Canyon said into his transmitter, "Go."

The guard standing by the classroom with the Castronova children in it pressed the remote control button and ran to the administrative wing exit. The three trucks departed the school grounds and went in separate directions traveling at normal speeds.

Five minutes later, there was a huge explosion at the private school. The students and faculty in the auditorium were safe. Twenty-seven Castronova children were dead; mangled beyond recognition. The steel balls that were encased in the Claymore mines tore them apart.

William Zabo received a satellite call, "Strike 2."

******

Joseph Castronova was enraged, as was every other family member. Roberto flew in from New York to be with his brothers to plan a strategy to find and destroy whoever did this to their children.

Joseph told Philip to stay with Celeste. He didn't want him to hear what they were going to be discussing, and Celeste was nine months pregnant: she could deliver their baby at any moment.

Philip told his brother that his place was with the family at a time like this.

Joseph said, "Pray for the souls of our children, and keep your children close, until this is over. Never let them out of your sight. We don't know who's doing this, and until we do no one is safe, not even you."

Messages were sent to every Family in Italy saying, "If you did this, your family name will be erased from this earth."

Families did not send replies by mail, they sent delegations. Each delegation stated unequivocally that they had nothing to do with this abomination. They would put all their resources at the Dons disposal. No request would be denied him. Anyone he wished to speak to would be brought to him. From the highest to the lowest, it did not matter; they would come to him on bended knee.

From the toe of Sicily, to Turin in the north, every crime family gave Joseph the same respect. He looked around the table at his grieving brothers, and asked, "If not these men, who did this terrible crime?"

Antonio Junior said, "Why don't we ask Anthony Caruso? Even though he's been out of the business for a while, he may have some insight as to who may have the balls to do something like this."

Joseph said, "Get him."

They didn't have to. Anthony, Rose, Antonia and Frank were about to be introduced by a servant.

As soon as they were allowed into the room, Anthony hugged Joseph. "If there is anything I can do, ask it and it is yours."

"We will talk later, Anthony, when the women are together."

Rose cried on Joseph's shoulder. "All those babies, all those wonderful, beautiful babies; what animal could do such a thing? Get them Joseph, get all of them, and make them realize life is not so cheap."

"I promise you Rose, whoever did this will pay for it, dearly. My wife needs you more than I do. So do all our women. Would you help them please?"

********

"Anthony, I need your counsel. Who would do this to us? Who would take a chance to incur our wrath?"

"In my opinion, Joseph, it is someone very close to you. Someone so close you might overlook him. A close friend, someone you owe a favor to perhaps, but definitely someone you know."

"All the families in Italy have pledged their fealty to me. They have offered me everything at their disposal to help me find these murderers. The only clue we have is the leader spoke with a Neapolitan accent. He was the only one that spoke."

"Then cross Naples off your list. The killer did not come from Naples. In the states we call that a 'Red Herring.' It's meant to throw you off the track of where the real killers come from. Have you had any trouble with your suppliers or supply lines lately?"

"No, just the opposite, everything is flowing beautifully."

"How about your delivery process?"

"Since we've changed our major port of entry to Virginia, and continued letting authorities in New York make some minor busts there, we are doing just fine."

"Joseph, don't tell me things like that. The less I know the better off you are. Are the police as useless as normal?"

"Surprisingly, they are more organized than usual. They are working their asses off on this case. They are actually earning the money I give them."

"Don't you think it's about time?"

"Yes, but it's hardly expected."

"My son-in-law is former FBI. I could ask him to speak to his friends and ask if they know anything about this."

"I would appreciate if you would do that for me Anthony."

"I will tell him to do it on our way home. He will not refuse me this favor."

"It has been a pleasure to talk to you again Anthony. I wish we could do this more often, but it is better for both of us that we do not."

"There will be more children, Joseph. They will not replace the ones you lost, but they will bring joy back to your heart."

"Thank you Anthony, if you hear anything let me know."

"Nothing could stop me from doing that, Joseph; nothing but death."

*******

The Cathedral of Milan was much too small for the outpouring of grief that the city experienced. Twenty-seven white caskets, in single file, lined the center aisle. On each side sat a grieving parent, aunt, or uncle if the family had lost multiple children. The Cardinal could not control his emotions. His voice cracked under the strain of saying each child's name. When the three priests Requiem High Mass was over, he went to each of the parents, and bestowed a blessing on each of them. He was happy he did not have children, for the first time in his life.

The entourage from the Cathedral moved at a very slow pace. The Hearses were followed by limousines, which were followed by private cars miles long. Pedestrians lined both sides of the roads, and genuflected as each child passed by. Innocents had been killed because of the sins of the fathers.

After the massacre in New York, the Italian police were taking no chances. As each child's coffin was closed it was inspected for any trace of bomb making material. Each vehicle was checked, rechecked, and checked again before any dignitary got into it. When they arrived at the cemetery, every police officer wore a specific color vestment, under his jacket, indicating he was truly a member of the force that was to be there. No chances were being taken. Thousands upon thousands of people cried as the children were lowered into the ground. Fathers stood rigid, as mothers' weaped.

All eyes were on the service, as eight Nuns, dresses in grey vestments, walked past the limousines. They disappeared for five seconds, then moved along at a dignified pace. They practiced this move for hours on end to get it just perfect.

When the service at the cemetery was over, everyone cleared a path so the families could exit peacefully. They returned to their limousines, which drove slowly off the cemetery property, and back to the mansion.

As the eighth car cleared the fenced entry and the great gate closed behind it, the phone in Joseph's car rang. His wife asked him not to answer it, but he did because only business associates had this number.

"Hello."

"Hello Joseph, my sincerest regrets on the death of the children of your family. It is the most terrible experience any parent can possibly have."

"Who is this?"

"This is your friend and business partner, William Zabo."

"Hello William, I have not heard from you in a long time. Are payments up to date?"

"I assume they are I haven't checked lately. The reason I called is to find out why you are trying to kill my daughter?"

"Your daughters are alive and well, living in San Remo. No one ever goes near them."

"No, my daughter Patricia; she lives here in the United States."

"I didn't know you had a daughter in the United States, William. When did that happen?"

"24 years ago, when I was here doing work for the five New York family's. Now she is a computer programmer and married to Stephano Valentino. Does that ring a bell with you?"

"Honestly William, I am totally in the dark about this. What was her maiden name? Was it Zabo?"

"Her maiden name was Patricia Laura Parent."

"Good Christ, no. William, I didn't know she was your daughter. I would never have approved a hit on her if I did. I swear I did not know."

"It's a little bit late for apologies now Joseph." A bomb went off in the last car killing his youngest brother his wife, and her parents.

"William don't do this, I can make it up to you. She is still alive."

A second bomb went off; then a third and a fourth, with the same devastating results.

"William, please, not my family, not my whole family."

"You know the rules Joseph. You try to kill my family, I have to kill yours."

Bomb five, six, and seven exploded. Joseph's car was the only one remaining.

"I'm waiting William, I know I'm next, go ahead, do it."

"No, I have something special waiting for you. Before I forget, your father died two days ago. He drowned in three feet of water, in the Atlantic Ocean. Poor man, never did swim that well."

"You son of a bitch, William, God will get you for this."

"I am sure he will, but you will get to see him first I'm afraid. Get out of your car and walk straight ahead. If you are carrying a weapon, I would dispose of it now. Goodbye Joseph."

Joseph knew better than to get out of the car. He took out his gun, kissed his wife goodbye, said I love you, and shot her in the head. He placed the gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger.

Colonel Canyon said, "Shit! Blowup the fucking car, and let's go to dinner. Our job here is done." He got on his satellite phone, and when it was answered he said, "Strike three."

With one exception, the Castronova family was obliterated from the earth.

***********

103. A Return to the Status Quo Ante

Philip was reading a letter, from the authorities in Algiers, informing him of the death of his father. It also informed him of the accounts in the several banks he left his money. "Upon your arrival and with appropriate identification the monies would be transferred into your name."

His brothers never told him about his father's secret life. He was very angry with them, until he received a phone call from Joseph's mansion.

"Mister Philip, they are dead, they are all dead. Someone killed the entire family. There is no one left. All the cars exploded after they arrived here. What should we do, we don't know what to do?"

"Slow down, and tell me what happened."

"Mister Philip, they had just arrived at home, when the last car exploded. Then every car all the way up to Mister Joseph's car exploded. There were men dressed in black, from head to toe, with automatic weapons, waiting for anyone trying to get out of the cars. Finally, Mister Joseph's car exploded. They are all gone Mister Philip; what do you want me to do?"

"Call the authorities immediately. Don't let the press anyplace near our home. I will be there as soon as I can."

Celeste asked, "What are you yelling about?"

"Someone killed my family. All my brothers and sisters are gone. They killed everyone. There's no one left but me. Joseph told me to stay away until this was over. He didn't know who was after us or why. Now he's is dead. I have to go there and sort things out."

"I will shoot you if you take one step towards that door. What did Joseph tell you to do? Where did he tell you to stay? If someone is gunning for the entire family, and you are the last remaining member, guess who they are going to be looking for? I'll call Frank, and get him over here now. We need his gun and his brains. Then I'll call my people and get them here to protect us. You are not leaving this house."

As soon as Frank got the word, Tony Caruso was on his way to Celeste's home, also. He had two men with him, carrying enough rifles and ammunition that would last them a week.

Philip called a few close friends from his gun club and they came to his home loaded down with weapons and ammunition also.

Then the General walked in. Antonia said, "Does anyone have a plan, or are all of you going to be shooting out of one window?"

Celeste looked at her and said, "Will somebody drown her please."

"Lady, if they attached you to a submarine, it couldn't go underwater. With those udders of yours, you would make it too buoyant."

"You're fired."

"Good; you don't know any of your passwords, and I do. Tomorrow you'll be poorer than a church mouse."

Philip yelled, "Are you two finished yet? We have important things to take care of."

Antonia replied, "Like what Philip; some idiot told you it was a boy, so you know you've already lost your bet. Your usefulness on this planet is complete. Celeste is not going to have any more children, by you or any other man, including Frank."

Celeste walked over to Frank, put her head on his chest, and said, "If they both die, we could get married."

"Celeste, if she died, she would come back from the grave and cut it off so you couldn't have it."

Celeste looked at Antonia, who was smiling at her and said, "I'll pay you if you leave him to me in your will."

"What good is money to me if I'm dead?"

"You could always try to make a deal with the devil; he's already waiting for you."

"He is not, the Cardinal told me so."

"How much of my money did it cost you to take him from a Bishop to a Cardinal?"

"Not as much as it's going to cost you to take him from a Cardinal to a Pope."

Philip yelled, "Would you two stop it already? I'm getting ready to shoot myself."

Celeste smiled at Frank. "One down, and one to go."

Antonia looked at her friend and said, "You can't have him. I will kill him before I take my last breath."

"You are so mean Antonia. What are my passwords again?"

Frank looked at both of them and said, "I swear, if they separate the two of you, you wouldn't know what to do with yourselves."

Antonia picked up an apple and threw it at her husband. He caught it, and took a big bite out of it.

Philip laughed. "You know better than to put food anyplace near that monster of yours. He eats like a machine."

The phone in Phillips home rang, and no one moved to get it. Finally, Antonia picked it up.

"This better be good, or I'll shoot you."

"This is Michael Free, Director of the FBI. May I speak to Philip Castronova please?"

"Prove it!"

"Do you know the area code for Washington D.C.?"

"What do you think I am, a fucking idiot? Of course I know it."

"Call this number, I am at the CIA building, but my secretary will transfer you to me."

"Okay, so you are Michael Free, what can I do for you?"

"The CIA received a satellite intercept that was traced to the Chinese Embassy in New York City. It originated in Milan, Italy, moments after the slaughter of Philip Castronova's family. The phone call was brief, and coded, but our computers were able to decode it quickly. Let me speak to Philip please, he deserves to hear this first."

Antonia handed the phone to Philip and told him who it was.

"This is Philip Castronova go ahead with your message, Mister Free."

"Philip, I want to give you my sincerest condolences. Your family and my agency were on different sides of the law, but I never wish them anything like this. Their wives and children did not deserve to be slaughtered by these maniacs. The United States government will put all of its efforts into finding the people who committed these atrocities and bring them to justice."

"Thank you Mister Free, but please let me hear this message."

"Exalted grandfather, your business with the family of thieves has been successfully completed. The one with the rich wife has been left untouched. We leave for the French city to complete your next task. Soon all power will be yours. I live to serve only you. Xu"

"That was the entire message, Mister Free?"

"Messages of this kind are always short and to the point. They know we can trace it, but they hope that between the brevity of the message, the coding, and the language barrier, we will not be able to trace it. There are so many Orientals traveling at this time of year, we could never pick out the ones who did this. They won't be traveling together, and they will not be carrying their weapons with them. We also don't know what French city they are heading for. My guess would be Marseille, but it could be any other port city. It might be Paris, we just don't know."

"So what you're saying is, 'They are going to get away with the slaughter of my family.'"

"What I am saying is we believe you, Celeste, and your children are safe. They would not have taken a chance to send this message if their mission was not completed in Italy."

*********

Colonel Canyon and his band of assassins boarded a tour bus headed for Geneva, Switzerland. They spent a relaxing week there, before departing for Montréal, Toronto, Boston, New York, and Washington, DC. The bulk of their money was delivered to them, by messenger, in the form of Bearer Bonds, when they returned home, because they are virtually untraceable. Many of these men and women were millionaires. However, they could not get the thrill of the hunt out of their systems. Once you are trained to a razor's edge, and trained to kill in every method known to man, sometimes the brain refuses to let that go. Colonel Canyon, and these men and women had the killing disease, and enjoyed every minute of it.

*******

William enjoyed his ride down Embassy row, while heading towards First Avenue. While the taxi didn't stop exactly at the front door of the Chinese Embassy, they were close enough. The driver was a friend of William's, who spoke fluent Cantonese. They timed the passage of the embassy to coincide with Colonel Canyon's burst transmission from Milan. Williams's driver acknowledged it, with a short coded reply that lasted four seconds. Traffic was stalled on the street, until the traffic light turned green. They continued on to the designated drop-off point. From there he would be taken to the underground bunker, where Jemma, William Junior, Patty, and Stephano were being cared for.

It was just another day in the life of William Zabo.

He got out of the cab at First Avenue and Ninth Street, and gave his friend $1000.00 for his services.

As he was walking towards Seventh Street, he saw two men walking swiftly Northbound, but this was nothing unusual for New York City. When they were within 15 feet of him, they reached under their jackets, pulled out their weapons, and fired three times each into his chest. He fell backward, to the ground like a stone. The men turned and ran back the way they came.