All Comments on 'Honor Thy Mother & Thy Father Ch. 29'

by Prolonged_Debut10

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
brilliant novel

I have spent every free moment I have had over the last 3 days reading this novel.

It came up after I hit the spinner and I am so glad it did. This series was easily one of the most compelling well written and developed novels I have read on this site in the last 2 years. I can't wait to start some of your other series.

Thank-you for a truly thrilling read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Loved it

stumbled upon P_D10 profile by accident last week , i started out reading the story about Delicious & Even Luck and then spent the last four days reading this story .

when i am reading a paper book, i read at approx 50 to 60 pages per hour.

best guess i have on this story is it took me 30hrs to 36hrs to read.

that would make it somewhere between 1500 to 2160 pages long.

personaly i would have loved to keep reading to chapter FORTY lol ,

am utterly in love with the characters.

i don't think publishing this anytime soon is a good idea.

am sure the author intends to tie this in with Even Luck, Delicious & co.

and it would be best to get all of it set out & tied together before any part is published.

once one part is published, you have the nightmare of making your future work fit into what you have carved in stone.

anyhow , i really enjoyed it , only problem i now have is finding the time this week to read the authors other two storys . uugrrrrhhh the hardships we have to endure :)

godbless you P_D10 for sharing your work with us.

xxxhugsxxx

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
great reading

just finished reading for the second time. 40 more chapters works for me. i have greatly enjoyed reading all your stories posted here. thank you for an awesome reading experience.

tomscardstomscardsalmost 9 years ago
at least needs 7 stars

I just finished reading these 4 sets of stories for a second time.

I picked up some things this time i did not catch the first one.

It was almost a marathon. started on June 20, and finished on july 2nd.

Good thing i am retired. Would of missed a lot of work.

I am now waiting on the next one of There Must Be Some Mistake.

Good luck in the hospital. Still have you in my thoughts and prayers.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 7 years ago
I finally made it through the whole story. First time I read it I did not prevail fully.

The humor was hilarious, a little brief toward the middle but later picked up again. Thank you for writing this story and I will try to read your book when it comes out. I have been reading fact and fiction (mostly the latter) for about 70 years. Murder, revenge and sex are my main interests. Thank you again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Proof read your stories

I know you wrote this sometime ago, but good greif !!!! Their there we're were .... Etc it makes the story hard to read. I have read all your stories and I understand why no publishers are interested

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
English

Please believe me when I say, this comment is made in the hope of improving your work and indeed all other American authors. Your editor is letting you down with tiny slips that make a world of difference to your readers. Firstly, is there a case for producing an edition in UK english; I accept that Americans tend tend to spell how it sounds ie labor instead of labour, fiber for fibre, but this produces laughter in the wrong places and for the wrong reasons. I freely admit I find the stories contain too much sex, of the wrong type, but this is a personal matter and I try not to let it cloud my judgement. Secondly there are all too many cases of dislexia slipping through, which should be picked up by an editor long before it sees print..Lastly may I say how much I admire anyone who has the courage to write any form of story, the ability to pesuade others minds to relax their grip on reality and expand their horizons is a gift from the gods, I envy you. John Moseley ( Engand )

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Patty or Fred

This is supposed to be a story of Patty getting revenge on Bruno. Why is 25 percent of the story about Fred and his slut family. His part could have been covered in a few paragraphs. Every time you went to Fred you stopped the story of Patty. You are trying to tell two completely independent stories as one. If you really want to be a writer, try telling one complete story at a time. Instead of combining two stories, flesh out your characters more and increase their interactions. This will increase a readers enjoyment in your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Thank you for the story

My beef with story was that it could've been told in half the time. You didn't need to expand the cast to such a large amount because the characters didn't feel like they had a personality. I think if it's possible you should separate the parts of the story that involve any one other than the original cast from first two or three chapters and cut them out. The story was meant to be a revenge tale against the mob and more specifically Bruno Valentino. After that was resolved, it seemed like the you were struggling for more conflict and everything became more convuluted, disorienting and boring. The dialogue was the best part especially between Patty and Steph. All the characters were witty, which actually became ofc putting since they were was a lack of diversity in personality. Again I implore you to try and seperate the story into just 'hacker girl takes down the mob' like it says in the 29 chapter descriptions. The way I thought the story would flow was: Patty attempts to get close to the valentines -> Patty and Steph fall for another -> things come to a head with Bruno -> patty and Stepheno need to resolve things -> the rest of the mob families conspire against our two protagonists. The original cast was great, Alan, Susan, Sergeant, etc. then you added Fred and whole slew of other characters that didn't make the story any richer, just more frustrating to follow. Again I think your original cast was great and the story had me enthralled for the first 6-7 chapters and you should go at it from there. Best of luck and I'll enjoy reading some of your other works.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
GREEF??? GRIEF??? GREIF???

To Anonymous 4/08/17

I appreciate your comment regarding the terrible misuse of English grammar making the reading and understanding of this story very difficult.

However, the impact of your critique suffers greatly when you diminish the efficacy of your comments with an obvious typo (or possible spelling error).

Eye aint never dun mush gude in ritin reedin sos'n uther peeps cud unnerstan whut i's

triin ter say.

so pleez scuse me fer tryin.

thanky,

de Jay

dlj13@bellsouth.net

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Agreed

I agree with the comments about the Patty/Fred storylines. I couldn’t stand the Fred character & skipped over his parts of the story. It made no sense to put a completely different storyline in there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wait...you had an editor????

This whole story was full of spelling mistakes, syntax errors, confusing he for she and getting names wrong, using the word two instead of to on multiple occasions..I could go on but my point is this, fire the idiot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

It's been six years since last chapter... and the 'author' stated it may go to a publisher... I seriously doubt that... if he did, under the same title or a different one... Checked both Amazon and Goodreads... all books with titles or similar are all, primarily about abuse or religious in nature.... Nothing about the Mob... However, I remember a pulp book series from the 70's, now out of print I believe, that had a similar theme... That and this are extremely close in story and plot... way too close.This has more sex... So, I be concerned that this may be plagiarized.. not saying it is for sure... but the similarities are way to coincidental...

also, I have read many stories on here that are plagiarized from other works... in most cases, names, dates, places etc are changed. I know of two stories for sure... One, I wrote years ago, and I found another that was a direct rewrite of mine... and, another story I found I wrote that I published in part on another site. And, two people, perhaps one with two profiles, stole the first 10 chapters of my book I published on Amazon over 5 years ago!

I suspect this story is a ripoff of another... reader beware!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userProlonged_Debut10@Prolonged_Debut10
B.S. Professional Studies M.A. History I Love Books with great content, and words in general. Language is my love. I write for my enjoyment. I write non-erotic pieces, and add some titilating scenes in every so often, to pick up your heart rate. If you are looking for smut, l...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES