All Comments on 'Hot Houseguest'

by geronimo_appleby

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Punctuation, Pace, Development, Certain words.

Hello,

Overall a respectable attempt. Generally if a sentence begins with If or When a comma is needed at the end of the phrase or clause. For example: "If she does this, I will be happy." or "When she came home, I knew something was wrong." Commas are also needed before conjunctions (and, or, but, nor, etc.) in compound sentences. Compound sentences are two sentences put together with a comma and conjunction or a semicolon. A semicolon is generally used in short or medium length sentences closely tied together. For example: She was mad, but I was happy. She twirled; I saw her thong. Comma splices are when you join two independent clauses (basically sentences)with a comma instead of a comma and a conjunction or a semicolon (;). You seem to be in a hurry to get to the end and should control the pace of the story with sentence structure and description. More information about Jen's partner's crime and incarceration would help. Nine months is a weird sentence. Anything as per one year or less is done in jail, more than one year is served in prison except for some 30, 60, 90, or 120 day shock programs. Finally, a lot of Literotica author's think it's cool to use words such as "whilst," "arse," "quim," etc. Read those sentences out loud and you'll find they are discordant and stop the story's flow. They are a distraction which you as a writer can do without.

Best regards,

Crwth

don87654don87654over 19 years ago
Sheeeee-ittttt!

9 months, to cover her hubby's jail term? How about another 9 months to cover a pregnancy?

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Spiffing story Cobber!

Good story generally well written.

I don't know why it attracted such close attention from the grammar and language "expert" in the first comment.Firstly the story was obviously written by an English writer.Whilst, quim and arse are not discordant in England and whilst not common US usage, are not reasonably criticised on those grounds. It's quite good fun trying to guess the origins of writers which can often be done by the vocabulary but sometimes by the grammar.Indian writers will often for example omit the definite and indefinite articles( the & a )wheras writers of Easten European backgrounds will include them, possibly unnecessarily. For example, a Russian speaking or writing English will frequently say "I like the (not "to")dance".Irish and especially Welsh writers and speakers of English are easily picked by the fact that they tend to preserve the usual word orders of their previous Celtic languages

As an Australian brought up in England who worked for a period in the US I would like to suggest that the glory of English is in its capacity for difference and inventiveness ,not conformity.We might also reflect on the fact that there are 430 million people on the Indian sub continent who speak English everyday. Will they replace the US as the US replaced England as producers of 'Standard English'? After all Bollywood already makes more movies than Hollywood as well!

ishtatishtatover 19 years ago
Sentencing

Pretty good. Well done.

One commenter made some comments on sentences.9 months or even 6 or 3 months are not unusual sentences in countries other than the USA. In addition there is no difference in meaning between prison jail or gaol anywhere else in the world.

ed1ed1over 19 years ago
Excellent!!!

I love the story! Keep writing!

fifty5fifty5over 17 years ago
What a giggle...

The story was fine, I wish my wife brought home a friend like that.

Now to the chase: I really hope you got as much of a laugh out of the academic comments on legalities and grammar as I did. Congratulations on having a story on Lit that got more feedback on technical issues than on its eroticism.

All the best,

eff

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Full of fun and humour

I wonder how many men find out after they are married that the wife is a closet lesbian/bi or fuck slut. OK if like here you get another piece of tail but usually controlled by the wife so you'll always be in a no win situation. If you agree then join in - if not then she'll tell you to fuck off as she has no intention of changing.

1950oldracer1950oldracerover 13 years ago
Good erection read......

It made me hard all the way through.... it must be a lot of men dreams to see, let alone partake with 2 women, well put together.......

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
You have a tin ear.

Lose the word 'quim.' And the word 'vagina'—this is erotica, not a medical report.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 11 years ago
Nice work -

A bit different especially the point of view of the husband when he is away - certainly a realistic attitude rather than idealistic - but hard to live with for most - how do you accept the behavior and KNOW she will be waiting when he gets back - the odds were not good - too many lose their wives without accepting the cuckolding.

Interesting idea that she really only played when he was gone - and respected him enough and loved him enough? to stop when he was around?

shadowdustershadowdusterover 9 years ago

This is what I call a true loving wife story. Most of the loving wifes should be called cheting wifes tales.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Hot Houseguest

Where is the continuing story ?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Love it: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟- (5-)!

geronimo_appleby is a good & prolific writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Super story... great build up.. steamy finish..

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usergeronimo_appleby@geronimo_appleby
Walking the earth, having adventures and shit. Not looking for any hook-ups, I just want to get me stories out there and have a chat on the forums.