All Comments on 'Hunting Wolves Ch. 02'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Why change the "rules"

The werewolf genre is fairly set so why do you want to set up a new set of pack rules where only the Alpha pair can mate ? So under your rules no-one else in the pack has sex ? Total crap !

partwolfpartwolfalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Looking at real wolf packs

Where only the alphas mate. I'm not constrained by the norms, I'm exploring the idea of what it would be like if the wolf form was like wild wolves and the human side was kept separate.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Interesting scenario

A new approach - this makes me want to keep reading!

partwolfpartwolfalmost 9 years agoAuthor
And sex and mating aren't the same thing.

Real wolf packs only the dominant female goes into heat and has pups. If others want to mate they fight to the top or leave. It doesn't mean they can't have sex, more on that in later chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I like that you modeled the mating after real wolf packs

New bend on the genre. I think most people read these for the over the top, multiple partner sex so I'm sure you might get a little resistance to your new rules.

I liked your last series as well where werewolves were no longer secret. Your stories don't conform to the genre that's for sure.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
good story

I like your take on all things wolf. I look forward to the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

I'm still confused as to how the boyfriend was charged with murder.

partwolfpartwolfalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Circumstantial case

Motive with volatile relationship and pregnancy

Opportunity alone at remote site

Evidence of struggle and significant blood loss.

You'd want the body but they assume he disposed of it before reporting her missing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Wolf packs act like that because the subordinates are the offspring of the 'alphas'.

While 'adoptions' are known to happen, even those tend to be relatives.

So when those urges start in, they go off to find a suitable mate, and evolution has put in safeguards to make their own siblings less desirable.

'Modeled after' is pretty loose. The 'harem' and 'eunuch' (even if it's psychological) is pretty much a human thing.

BangbangLaDeshBangbangLaDeshover 5 years ago
How interesting

I like all the different wolf theorem you have created for several stories I've read so far. Each one different and fascinating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Only Alphas can mate!?

I like the story but only Alphas mating doesn’t seem fair or practical. Most humans and animals have sex or at least need hugs cuddles & companionship. I don’t see how a society would work like that. Even good girls that wait till marriage enjoy human touch. Like what they expect the rest of the pack members to be single forever & die a virgin?!

PurplefizzPurplefizzalmost 2 years ago

I’m assuming you were trying a different direction to a lot of WW stories, but actively preventing mating from anyone but the pair in charge would lead to dissatisfied/disenchanted members of a pack and they’d subsequently lose members to the extent that a shitload of two Wolf packs would exist and then fight for territory. I commend a different look at the trope, but I’m not sure how this would be feasible extended to a larger story? That said, props for trying something different, it’s easy for writers and readers alike to get stuck in tramlines and not think differently.

James_DuncanJames_Duncanabout 1 year ago

I can see a few people need to read up on the mating habits of actual wolves. Only the Alpha female has pups and only by the Alpha male.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES