I Got Stung

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It has been."

"Wow. Then you must be unbelievable when you're in 'practice', because that was amazing."

Robyn laughed quietly and told him she agreed before announcing she had a confession to make.

"You're not a bank robber are you?" Trey asked so seriously she laughed again.

"No. Nothing like that. But I did call my mom and tell her I'd met someone."

"Anyone I know?" Trey asked just as seriously.

"Ha-ha!" Robyn said as she playfully shoved him with the arm draped over his bare chest. "No, I just told her about us. And how I got stung and what you did."

Trey smiled then said in his best southern drawl, "Tweren't nothin', little lady."

Robyn laughed then hugged him tightly before saying, "No. You only saved my life."

"No. I just drove you to someplace where other people could save your life," Trey solemnly corrected.

Robyn nearly giggled out of sheer happiness then told him about the talk with her mom.

"I also have a confession to make," her handsome, younger boyfriend announced.

"Oh?"

"Yes. I called my best friend, too."

"Your dad?"

"Yep."

"Did you tell him about...me?" Robyn asked, wondering how his father would react to his son seeing someone so much older.

"Of course. How could I not tell him when you're all I can think of?" Trey said as he looked into her eyes.

"Did he warn you to run?" she asked, only partly teasing.

"Not at all. He told me to take things slow, and see how they go."

"So much for taking things slow, huh?" Robyn teased.

"You complaining?" Trey asked.

"Uh-uh. Not at all."

"I hope not. I mean, if you were, we might have to try that again. You know, just to make sure I wasn't doing something the wrong way."

Robyn sat up and looked at Trey then said, "I can assure you there was nothing you did wrong. In fact, you did everything so right, I still can't believe that was real."

"Then are you saying you need to make sure it was real? By, say...letting me show you again that it was?"

"I don't know," Robyn said just as seriously as he'd been moments before.

"No?"

"I didn't say 'no'. I said I didn't know."

"And why is it you don't know?" Trey asked.

"Well, I got stung...by a bee...at the drugstore. And I just got...stung...again by something much larger just a few minutes ago," she said as she saw the sheet draped over his body coming to life.

"Are you sure you don't mean you got 'snake-bit'?" Trey asked in that same serious way.

Robyn laughed again and told him he might be right.

"But unlike a snake bite, your 'stinger' not only doesn't hurt, it seems to have magical powers."

Trey had no way of knowing whether or not Robyn was familiar with the antics of Don Knotts, the goofy comedian who played the inept deputy on the Andy Griffith show, but he did his best impression of the man as he twisted his lips the way the late actor often did then said in that goofy way, "You're not the first to mention that."

His comment brought a laugh and another playful shove from the beautiful, older woman who told him she loved Don Knotts.

"Just not the um...other women who may have mentioned something similar?" Trey asked with a little cringe in case she pushed him again.

Robyn laid back down on his chest then said, "There is no way a man as handsome as you are hasn't had other women in his life. I just don't want to know how many, okay?"

"Robyn?" Trey said.

"Uh-huh?"

"The number isn't important. What is is that I've never felt the way I feel about you for any other woman I've ever known."

"I'd ask how you feel about me, but I don't want to spoil the closest thing to a perfect moment I've had in a very, very long time," Robyn told him.

"Well, if you did, I'd tell you that I think I'm falling for you."

Trey paused then brushed her hair back and said, "And falling hard, by the way."

Robyn raised her head up, smiled at him, then said, "You don't have to say that, Trey. I'm pretty much a sure thing from here on out."

This time, Trey was just as serious as he'd been before, but unlike then, this time he wasn't kidding.

"I'm not talking about sex, Robyn. Which was incredible, by the way. But I mean...you. You are even more amazing, and that's the person I'm falling for."

Everything was happening so fast that Robyn's emotions were overwhelmed, and tears filled her eyes.

"Wow. That wasn't the reaction I was hoping for," Trey said, trying to be playful, but not sure what was going on.

As the first tear fell, Robyn blinked twice then said, "I just can't believe this is happening. It's everything I've dreamed about since I began hoping I might be able to fall in love again, and here it is...happening. To me."

"So are you telling me you're falling in love with me?" Trey said, clearly being playful this time.

Robyn smiled at him then said, "Maybe. But for me to be sure, we might have to try that thing we just did at least one more time."

She saw Trey look down at the middle of the bed, so she looked, too. The rise in the sheet was now looking like a tent pole, and that made her laugh.

"Oh, my. I should probably find out what's going on down there," she said as she slid her hand underneath the sheet.

"Can you reduce the swelling?" Trey asked as though he was deeply concerned.

"I...I don't know," Robyn replied, her brow furrowed in worry as she began gently stroking him. "It feels like a very big problem."

"Then perhaps you should get started on it immediately," Trey told her as he threw the sheet off and gently pushed her head in the direction of the growing problem.

After a half hour or so of rigorous 'therapy' later, the 'problem' subsided and the new lovers lay in each other's arms again, both feeling happier than they could ever remember.

"So when are we going flying?" Robyn asked a few minutes later.

As they drove through the gate at Naval Air Station, Jacksonville, on Saturday morning, Robyn was fascinated by the Security Police who waved them up, checked their identification, then saluted the handsome, young officer sitting next to her. She'd been there a couple of times before, but she'd never really seen the base before, so Trey drove her around the perimeter of the air station then along the flight line.

"That's my squadron, right there," the said as he pointed to a huge hangar, which was all Robyn could see from that angle.

When they got to the flying club, Robyn loved that Trey took her hand after opening the car door for her. When they got inside, she was even more thrilled when Trey introduced her as his girlfriend to the older man behind the desk.

Within minutes, they were outside doing pre-flight checks which Trey explained as he went.

"Okay, you ready to fire this bad boy up?" he asked once the checks were complete.

"I am SO excited!" Robyn told him as he helped her get in and buckled up.

Once he'd done the same thing, he explained what he was doing as he read through the inside pre-flight checklist in his lap.

"Okay. If you'll hit this button right here, we're ready to start the engine."

Robyn reached over and gave it a push. The engine coughed and sputtered then came to life causing her to squeal with delight.

"This is so awesome!" she said over the headset.

"You ain't seen nothing yet," Trey told her as he smiled at her while the RPMs came up.

When Trey contacted the tower and let them know he was ready to taxi, she was spellbound at the calm, staccato-like exchange between Trey and the controller. It all sounded so official, and she couldn't believe she was dating this man; this very handsome, kind, funny, younger man who liked her as much as she liked him.

They had a clear runway, and once the taxi started, Trey rolled out and just pulled back on the power. The small plane lifted off just seconds later, and Robyn watched the runway get smaller beneath them.

The tower provided instructions once he was in the air, and after that, Trey was flying 'VFR' which essentially meant he was on his own to watch out for other aircraft.

"What do you think?" Trey asked once they leveled off at about 3,000 feet.

"I think I'm in heaven!" Robyn said as she looked over at him.

Trey laughed then asked if it was too corny to say he agreed because he was flying with an angel.

Robyn laughed even harder than he had and told him it was very corny before adding, "But I love that you think that."

Trey reached over and took her hand, and Robyn really did feel like she was in heaven, or at least the closest thing to it on earth.

Just a few minutes into the flight they were over the oldest city in America, St. Augustine, which Robyn could see quite clearly from up above as Trey flew as low as local laws allowed.

From there he turned the plane out over the water then asked Robyn if she'd like to fly it.

"Yes!" she said without hesitation.

Trey gave her a very quick overview on the controls, and within a minute, Robyn was flying the plane. Trey had her put it in a slow turn then asked her to climb to 10,000 feet. Both were a little rough, and Robyn couldn't follow the instrument panel, but that didn't make her enjoy it any less. Next, he had her bank left and then right before surprising her.

"Now dive," he told her.

"What?" Robyn asked, not sure she heard him correctly.

"Dive! Push the yoke forward," he said with a smile.

"Okay. Here goes!" Robyn said as she slowly pushed the 'steering wheel' in. Once she had a feel for it, she pushed even harder.

The tail rose sharply in response, and the plane began a rapid descent.

Trey made sure she didn't go too far, but let her go right up to the limit as she shrieked with joy while the altimeter wound down like it was on steroids.

He took control and leveled them off at about 2,000 feet then took them down to 500 feet and flew across the water before pulling up in a max climb. Once they were back to around 5,000 feet, Trey rolled the plane over her way then pushed the yoke in and hurled them back toward the water.

By the time they got back to the naval air station, Robyn had had the time of her life. She talked about the hour-long flight from the moment they landed until they got back to her place, and Trey never spoke except to answer a question or clarify something.

He was happy enjoying her happiness, and every now and then he looked over to remind himself how beautiful she was as she babbled on in the best kind of way.

As happy as he was, flying evidently had some kind of amorous effect on Robyn who 'drug' him back to the bedroom and demanded another fix as soon as they walked in the door.

"I had no idea flying made you horny," Trey teased once they were done.

Robyn smiled at him then said, "I think it has more to do with the person I was flying with than the flying itself, but it was pretty amazing."

Trey heard what she said, but he didn't reply because he was once again looking at this amazing, older woman he already knew he was in love with.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Robyn asked after nearly half a minute went by in silence.

"I'm counting my blessings," Trey told her.

"By staring at me?"

"Uh-huh."

Trey put a hand on her cheek then said, "Robyn, you are so beautiful."

Trey had taking her flying, then she took him for a different kind of flying when they got home, but through his words and his actions, he was taking her to new heights; to places she'd dreamed of going but never thought she'd ever see again.

"Are you trying to make me fall in love with you?" she asked, on the verge of tearing up again.

"Yes. I am," Trey told her very quietly. "Is it working?"

"Yes," Robyn whispered back before pulling him on top of her, every fiber of her being wanting him.

She wanted to somehow merge together with him and become one. But because that wasn't possible, she settled for becoming one with him in the biblical sense as her body shuddered hard, forcing her to cry out in happiness.

Trey came when she did, and as he lay on top of her moments later, he told her, "In case you were wondering, I'm falling in love with you, too, Robyn."

He saw her smile and tear up at the same time just before she said, "I love you, Trey."

He smiled back, kissed her softly, then said, "I love you, too, honey."

By the time they went to the air show they'd only know each other for a few weeks, and yet both Robyn and Trent felt like they'd known each other all of their lives. Some would call that wishful thinking. Others would say they were naive or even foolish. But all that mattered was that both of them felt that way, and the two of them became inseparable, spending every minute of their free time together.

Within three months, Trey moved out of his apartment and moved in with the woman he loved, and not long after that the two of them began talking about something more permanent.

Robyn was constantly aware of how her life had changed so dramatically and so quickly. She took nothing for granted, and did her best to savor every moment. So when Trey came home one Thursday evening, and told her he had some bad news, she had this inexplicable feeling that he'd fallen out of love with her.

"What...what's going on?" she asked, her stomach in knots, and barely able to breathe.

"My squadron's being deployed," he told her.

The relief that washed over her was overwhelming but short-lived as she realized he still loved her, but that he would be leaving.

"When? And for how long?" she asked, taking her first real breath in nearly a two minutes.

"In three months. The deployment is for six months, and we could always be extended," he told her in a way that let her know he was as unhappy about leaving her as she was to learn he was going away.

"Then I'll wait for you," Robyn told him immediately. "No matter how long it is, I'll be right here, Trey. I promise."

"I think I knew this was coming, but since I met you, I pushed it to the back of my mind. Now that it's becoming reality, I'm having a hard time facing it."

"You're not facing alone, sweetheart," Robyn told him as she put her arms around him.

"If I stay in for a career, there will be other deployments like this," Trey told her.

"And we'll get through them all. Together," Robyn told him as she looked into his eyes. "If...if that's what you want."

"I do," Trey told her.

He then looked into her eyes and that's when he knew.

He slid his arms down and took her hand as he got down on one knee, causing her entire body to tremble.

"Robyn? I can't imagine my life without you. I don't want to spend another day wondering if this is forever."

She let go of his hand, but not because she didn't love him. She needed to cover her mouth as she began to cry.

"So...Robyn Crawford? Will you marry me? Will you be my wife?"

Unable to speak, Robyn nodded her head up and down several times as Trey stood back up.

"Was that a 'yes'?" he asked hopefully.

Robyn was crying so hard she couldn't talk, but she nodded again as she nearly collapsed into his arms and held him harder than she ever had.

Finally, she managed to say, "Of course I will marry you, Trey Donovan. I love you with all my heart, and nothing would make me happier."

He put his hands on her shoulders and smiled at her before saying, "I suppose I should get you a ring then, huh?"

Robyn tried to laugh, but it was more of a snotty mess. She apologized, wiped off the 'goo' then told him she didn't need a ring.

"Whew. That's wonderful," Trey said very seriously.

He used the southern drawl again as he said, "Cuz them gall-durned things is EXPENSIVE!"

He tried not to laugh, but the way his fiancé was looking at him made that impossible.

"Okay. Fine. I'll get a ring," he said, his hands up in the 'I surrender' pose.

"Ring or no ring, I love you," she told him. "And right now there's something I want a lot more than a ring."

"And what might that be?" Trey asked, pretending he had no idea what she meant.

"I want to get...stung," she told him with an actual laugh.

"Oh. Sounds serious. Do you have your EpiPens with you?"

"I won't be needing them for the kind of stinging I have in mind," the woman he loved told him playfully as she once again pulled him toward their bedroom.

The following evening, the newly-engaged couple sat down together, and beginning with Robyn, called their families.

"Mom? I have some news," Robyn said. "And I'd like you to meet someone."

She turned her phone toward her fiancé who smiled and waved.

"Mom? This is Trey Donovan, your future son-in-law."

Trey had gone out and bought a very big diamond ring during his lunch break, and Robyn showed that off. It needed to be resized, but she wasn't taking it off until she had to.

Her mom already knew her daughter was in love, and that Trey had moved in with her. In fact, she was planning on coming to visit in another month or so. But when Robyn explained the upcoming deployment, that, plus the other news, caused her mom to start crying which caused Robyn to do the same thing. That brought her father over who asked what was going on, and Robyn then introduced her father to the young Navy officer.

"It's a pleasure to 'meet' you, sir," Trey told him.

"So you're the young man who's made my daughter so happy," the older man said, surprising the man his daughter loved.

"I hope that's true, sir."

"I was wondering if I'd ever see her smile again, and now she can't stop smiling. And for that I thank you, Trey."

"She's made me smile a whole lot, too, sir, but how could I not, right?"

"Robyn is an amazing girl, Trey. I won't argue with you about that."

Her father then asked when the wedding would be, and they told him they hadn't picked a date but that it would be before he left for the six-month deployment.

They then repeated the same thing with Trey's parents, and Robyn's stomach was in knots until her father saw her on the phone (after she touched up her makeup).

"Holy sh...crap! You're a babe!" the older Donovan said, causing Robyn to blush and Trey to laugh.

"Thank you?" she said, a big smile on her face.

She then 'met' Trey's mother, who had warmed up to her son's choice of women over the intervening months since he'd first informed her he was in love with someone who was 13 years older than him.

"Just let me know how I can help with the wedding, honey," Trey's mom told her future daughter-in-law, and the potential future mother of her grandchildren, something she was beginning to think might never happen.

*****

Thirty Days Prior to the Deployment

"You look pretty good there, Colonel," Trey told his father who was wearing his Blue-Dress Alpha uniform with a chest full of medals.

"Thanks. And you look...okay. For a Squid," his father joked.

"Yo, ho, blow the man down, right?" his son replied with a laugh.

"You got the new shoulder boards with you?" the retired colonel asked.

"Yes, sir," his son said to the man who would be promoting him to the rank of lieutenant just a few minutes before he and Robyn were to be married.

As they walked into the main area of the base chapel, nearly all of Trey's squadron was there for the promotion, and many would be staying for the wedding, as well.

Some say it's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding, but neither Trey nor Robyn cared. She stood beside to her husband-to-be as he raised his right hand and reaffirmed the oath of office before she and Trey's father removed his old rank and replaced it with the new.

Trey's all-white uniform stood in sharp contrast to his father's, and Robyn wasn't sure which one she liked better. But there was no doubt in her mind who she loved more, as Trey's squadron commander shook his hand then wished the new couple the best of luck.

As Robyn said the words, " I do," several minutes later, she somehow managed not to cry as her new husband placed another ring on her finger before kissing her for the first time as Mrs. Trey Donovan.