All Comments on 'I Love You, Good Carlene'

by Dinsmore

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Great

Romance like it should be.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
*sniff*

Absolutly beautiful! Well done!

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 18 years ago
Another Classic Dismore Tale

Bigger than Big, and a great read. Once again, well done.

DesertPirateDesertPirateabout 18 years ago
Wonderful

Dinsmore,

How do you keep doing it? One great story after another. As I said in a comment to another story of yours, when I see a new one from Dinsmore in the list I set aside some time to read and enjoy it. That time has NEVER been wasted! Thank you very much for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
nice story but...

Now please don't take this the wrong way but your opening dialogue seems a bit forced. Instead of letting the reader find out about Carlene as the story progresses in a natural way you have the interviewer literally spell everything out. How often would a manager talk about his boss' personal life, in great detail, to a prespective employee? That whole sequence seemed, like I said before, forced for the lack of a better word. I've noticed this in some of your other stories as well. It seems you choose to introduce characters through dialogue. While its a great break from the norm, it does have its limits and when you push it the whole conversation sounds unnatural. Just my two cents so don't take it personally. I loved the story however so good job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Response to: "nice story but..."

For Christ's sake go back and read the damned story! Marie is not being interviewed for a job---she has the job. Now she is being brought into the inner circle. I am so sick of gutless pukes who haven't got the nerve to sign stupid and idiotic comments. The only thing worse is the losers who think they are venerable critics---who have never submitted a single piece of work!

There are just some people in the world without a scintilla of talent or creativity that have to knock down anything they know is well above their pitiful and limited ability.

Jealous little people who wouldn't know a good story if it bit 'em!

It's a great story and you damned well know it! Stop being a pathetic and petty jerk.

JackofMyTradeJackofMyTradeabout 17 years ago
As Always

As always, your story was great. Just about had me in tears at the end. Music has been a very large part of my life and I love the stories you write about music. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Boring after three screens...

Boring after three screens (not including the writer's comments). Not boring due to lack of sex, just boring. Maybe it got better later (shrug). It didn't help that the author said it followed a formula. I have enjoyed several of Dinsmore's stories, even with interesting stories s/he has too much to say before starting the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
To Anonymous in USA on the East Coast

If the story was so boring, why did you finish it? The writers who post stories are sharing their creativity with us. They deserve praise not a stab in the back.

As the saying goes, if you can't say something nice don't say it at all.

northlandernorthlanderover 14 years ago
A Great Read

As my title says, a great read, one that stimulates the imagination so much that you can just imagine being in the audience at that concert. Thank you

YornHYornHabout 14 years ago
WOW !!!!!

This is another 10-star contribution by Dinsmore.

Larger than life, yes, sappy?, eys, a wonderful fairy tale that could never happen in real life? - absolutely.

Did I enjoy it? - YES - HELL YES, it is a wonderful story.

Who needs reality when you can dream like this?

I cannot praise the writer enough for stories like this - if I could, I'd be a writer.

THANK YOU DINSMORE - and keep writing THIS GENRE - you're the best!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Simply Outstanding

I am a hard hearted person, so they tell me, but this story got to it. Please keep it up. Duke

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

I just love, lived happily ever after, stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Love Only.

Good Story.................

End was sort but good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
not enough

Excellent Story! Not enough new stories coming from the favorite romance writers on the NET.

johntc24johntc24over 9 years ago
One of the best

Any time I long for a well written romance story your works are the first to come to mind. Hope all is well.

wargameronewargameroneover 9 years ago
Awesome.

Loved it. It is so good that my simple words can't describe it. Thank you for this timeless tale.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
Yep - just another one of your regular stories -

So it is no surprise it caused significant eye moisture to develop -

Wonderful read with lot's of emotion - well done thank you so much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Memories

Damp cheeks, an old granddad remembering things that could have been if he hadn't

been foolish enough to let things slip bye.Thank you so much. Well written,,Ill give it TEN

Best regards John J.

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
the two smartest, richest, most talented in business, music, and love people

drift apart for 10 years. But miraculously they reunite to make beautiful music together.

the end

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
You said you were reverting to a known formula

it worked.

thanks

SampkyangSampkyangabout 8 years ago
Very nice 5* story

Romance is my favorite by far. Extremely well written this one as always. My favorite is down and out saved by a lucky chance stories. I do like hero stories, but wonder sometimes why authors feel like making their characters MORE than perfect. Greatest lover, 12 inch dick, a medal of honor every time the dude goes on patrol, the best singer of all time with 67 gramy's, 45 people killed by a mild mannered judo beginner, or ANY other pure BULLSHIT! OK author care to try or easy wimp out?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Excellent Story

The story flowed seamlessly without any drop in my interest. The anonymous who was critical of the story plot and presentation is just a Cretan who had no artistic abilities. He should go stick his head in a toilet to wake himself up from his drunken state.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=2921965

Oh! A liptard critic who has never written shit...fuck you.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionalmost 7 years ago
Not a dry eye in the house

Excellent pure romantic tale. 5 star all the way.

flarebel2327flarebel2327over 5 years ago
poor mouths

this 1 of the good 1's . if all you can do is bad mouth it bend over & stick your head where the sun doesn't shine . my late wife & I new each other for 10 yrs before we married & I treasure all 27 + yrs we had

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Excellent story

The only other comment I can say is that you should have added a second last paragraph where she addresses the audience after her last three songs with the words something like this “I would like to introduce you to the piano player. He wrote these songs just for me to sing. His is also my fiancé who just prior to starting this propose to me and I accepted.”

This would have more impact on the audience than her little introduction of him prior to the last three songs.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Country Music Is Alive and Well!

Great job of infusing some of the great names of traditional Country Music into this story. It gave it an authenticity that made the love story really work within the music. I also like the way Charlene "crossed over" back to Country from Pop rather than the more modern Country women who use their not so Country music to break through and then cross over to Pop.(Taylor Swift comes to mind.) ~ Enjoyed how the romantic reunion was solidified through the three songs written by Phil for Charlene. ~ 5 ~

calgarycamperscalgarycampersabout 5 years ago
5 *

Well written. GAWD, I wish I was Phil.........

The_PedantThe_Pedantover 4 years ago
Sweet

Saccharin sweet.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
After ten years...

he pops the question within the first five minutes? That is almost as unbelievable as them both having had so much success and being so stinking rich.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Definitely Five Stars

I thought the story was great, short and sweet. And I can’t think of a thing wrong with that. As for the naysayers, I think they say nay because they have either no heart or no brain. I choose to believe, both. Have a nice day. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

tentaclesforalltentaclesforallover 3 years ago

Yes, a little formulaic, yes, a little cheesey, but damn, you managed to pack all that into three lit pages...

It's a tight, well-written little romance story that pull at you heart-strings nonetheless, a very solid effort and deserving its 5/5 without a doubt.

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

Wow, this story really a true love story, one that endures time itself. It is well written and its characters come live as you read. Again another winner. 5 stars!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
At least 5* Great Love Story

I read this about a year ago and then read it twice more in last week because both characters appeal to me and reminds me of my wife and I dating although we did not have a 10 year separation. It probably did not hurt that I am a big fan of flying and the Cessna Citations, both single and two crew versions.

Baton Rouge Cajun Guy

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

My first 5*!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Soooo touching!

Beyond warm!

Love story from and for the ages!

What! Only Part 1?????

More Please……….

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous