All Comments on 'I Never Stopped Loving You'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 293 Comments
FD45FD45over 11 years ago
You are a heck of an author

So I am reading this, but I warn you it is with a sense of trepidation. I am unsure of exactly what is left to say by this woman and redeeming her character will be an uphill climb.

That being said, everyone has a reason for doing what they do. Even Ghengis Khan (granted, it was for the blood of his enemies and to rape their women...but it was A reason!)

Good Luck Annie

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanover 11 years ago
Anger

Profound anger is what I felt while reading this. In the end Annie blamed Joe for her infidelity. What a load of horseshit, God gave people voices so they could be heard. But did she speak? No she just slutted around and left. She gives cowards a bad name and not for leaving her husband, what excuse does she have for abandoning her daughter. She was a self serving bitch right up until the end. She thinks the love of Carlos redeems her? Nothing redeems her, her final words only condemn her more. She never stopped loving Joe because she never started. Rot in Hell. Well that at least is how it made me feel. Good job. I gave this excellent story ***** because of the emotions it brought out in me. If my exwife had said this too me I would not stay silent and I certainly would not accept it like Joe did.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
ONCE A COURSE HAS BEEN PLOTTED

maintain the straight and narrow, no matter the trails, paths and obstacles,. TK U MLJ LV NV

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
#2 ONE MUST ALWAYS BE TRUE

to onesself and family. TK U MLJ LV NV

chytownchytownover 11 years ago
Great Read****

True to form man gets the blame woman leaves man gets the blame even in fiction!!! Thanks for the read and the closure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Can anyone say "personal responsibility"?

Christ, Annie just came across as even more self-serving then in the previous parts of this story. Basically zero acceptance of her own responsibility and nearly no attempt at fighting for what mattered to her.

Given, Joe fell into the classic trap of comfort, but marriage is a partnership and all successful partnerships require both parties to look out for each other. Annie should have pointed out to Joe long before any of the events in the story happened that he wasn't meeting his end of the bargain.

Annie reminds me of my stepmom. Every time my oldman attempts to romance her, fix their strained relationship, etc, the event becomes nothing more then a bitch-fest for her about all his failings. Yeah, that makes a guy want to try to fix things... not.

Obviously well written story, just an annoying character ;)

solotorosolotoroover 11 years ago
Annie is severely flawed

at leat in my view. Playing the blame game is just stupid but that would be expectd from her. She was a deeply flawed person who was far too dependent on others to help her live her life. She couldn't help being unfaithful because hubby didn't pay enough attention to her and had the audacity to be unable to read her mind. She did her best to save the marriage by bravely and silently waiting for Joe to "rescue" her from a situation she wasn't adult enough to deal with appropriately, but again the bastard didn't read her mind. She finally found happiness with a man who made her the "center of his universe". This urgent need to be taken care of, to depend so completely on others to the point that you force them to bear the sole responsibility for your happiness and sense of self-worth is a serious mental health issue that apparently was never dealt with. To successfully make the transition from childhood to adulthood we must become more inner directed and become more responsible for our lives and what we make of them. I don't say she was a bad person, just one whose emotional develoment was severely retarded. Joe was much better off with out her and she was better off with Carlos who seems to be the type of man who wants more of the child than the woman in his wife. Someone like Annie can never assume the role of equal partner in an adult relationship.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Bullshit

Trying to get sympathy for Annie the cheating slut whore wife who abandoned her husband and daughter for an asshole painter is absolutely pathetic. You should have left things as they were in the last chapter instead of adding this addendum to the tale. If it wasn't so well written I would pile on more shit but I give the author credit for writing a great series. Just one chapter too many.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Caracters

I really enjoyed your story, you have the ability to really make your caracters become alive. Rest assured you are a very good writer and I do enjoy your writing.

regards

charles

South Africa

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
Very thoughtful story & if not the most engrossing of the series , probably the deepest & most difficult to write !

Look, when the roof falls in on the matrimonial house of love : that's the story with the most intrinsic shock value. Here, we get the final perspective as to the exact causes. Did I believe her version ? Well that's immaterial because thanks to the author's skill , I believe that Annie believed it.

For the record . I thought she glossed over her culpability, her unfathfullness and the glacial & abrupt mode of her departure. Blame the brain tumor(s) for all that but cutting off the daughter & grandchild ? How is that explained ?

STILL - when it's all said & done the narrator didn't turn his back on the final days of the woman who made him happy for 20 years, I respect that decision as being personal.

There will be critics & blowhards who will thump their chest & declare how

unmanly that choice is. Well they likely haven't spent 20 happy years with the same woman. They may have spent over 20 years of monogamy with the same woman. But happy? I have my doubts.

Thanks to the author for this story. He broke the stereotype about sequels being nigh-impossible. I didn't care for most of middle segments of this series but the. engine & caboose of this train of pain ( & healiing ) series were nigh impeccable by my standards.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I agreed with betrayed

why mess the story up, she left and reguardless of the reason. She left, cheated and then you turn it on him. 2stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
in the end

you made it a si-fi story.

LazylonerLazylonerover 11 years ago
Standard and maddening twist

So many of these stories allow the cheating woman to find a way to blame the husband. This one is in many ways a perfect example. Annie is the one who cheated, left and then blocked all contact for over a year.

And yet, her DVD immediately blames the ex-husband in 3 different ways.

1) "I wasn't sure you loved me because you didn't romance me."

Well, if I remember correctly she didn't say she tried more than a couple of complaints about being bored. With the 2 books that the hero had written I'm sure that both covered the fact that communication is vitial. Heck I remember at the start where the hero mentions that men and women don't speak the same language. His first book revealed why he didn't react to her hints. He was a man and didn't understand them. For Annie to say more than 12 years later that this was his fault only proves that she didn't understand the books at all.

2) By writing the books and being in the interviews her hustand "destroyed her"

He never attacks her in the books or the interviews. And admits that the book was not exactly planned. It started at therapy and a way to try to figure out where he had made mistakes. And it doesn't come out until a couple years after the divorce. The picture would have caused some issues the rest was definitely Annie and her ego.

3) Her complaint about being erased from AJ's life.

Um. why didn't she try to contact her daughter over the years between her walking out and that day? If I remember correctly Bunny wasn't born when Annie ran out, and she was talking like a 3-4 year old when there was the near meeting in Spain. That means Annie had years to get back in touch. To blame her ex-husband for the fact that her granddaughter didn't know her was extremely selfish.

-----

The funny thing is that in many ways the story is realistic. Annie made some horrible decisions, but used the DVD to justify them and try to shift the blame away from the only one responsible, herself. I can to a point understand the sentiment, but I also condemn it. No one should accept blame for the results of other people's decisions. To blame her ex for the fact that he did not know what she was thinking is wrong.

Good story, and definitely emotional, but one that I'd say no one should read without understanding that Annie is very much in the wrong here. You are far to kind to her by not having someone able and willing to tell her that she's trying to polish a turd with the way she's throwing the blame at her ex.

but as I said at the start. It seems that many authors her like polishing the same turd and trying to blame the man for the fact that his wife/ex-wife spread her legs for others.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
what a sham

the wife was a slut and a tramp and ran off without anything to her husband and children. Then years later because she has cancer its her husbands fault? When did she speak up, when did she suggest changes, when did she suggest counciling, when did she decide to spread her legs in adultry? What a self centered egotistical self serving bitch. When she is dying she could have come clean and really accepted responsibility for her own actions, instead she is trying to transfer blame again. Was she actually mentally ill all of the time? And him to even consider her actions were because he did something wrong is pure PC BS. Truthfully I would never have responded to her mail and let her go to hell knowing she was never forgiven for trying to destroy her own family.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Talk about beating a dead horse......

Hey knucklehead. They don't speak spanish in Rio. They speak Portuguese. But then I'm sure Joe had invented the universal translator that they use on all the starships throughout the Federation. I'm surprised Joe just didn't lay his hands on her head and the tumor would magically disappear.

BTTapBTTapover 11 years ago
OK

I found myself getting a little impatient until we got to the video. I will mention that menopause in her late 40's is hardly "early onset." I did get the sense that the hubby and wife were living separate lives towards the end, but that, even with empty-nest syndrome and the hormonal craziness of menopause hardly explains/justifies a 2-year affair and abandonment. So, we have the brain tumor. Kind of a cop-out, but otherwise how could you possibly make the case that this woman 'never stopped loving him.' Not sure, but it would have been a damn sight harder.

I'll bite, if my wife ever cheats on me for years/abandons me with no more than a Dear John letter, I will be open to forgiving her if it turns out she has a brain tumor that impacts her reasoning/judgement. C'mon man! The hubby and wife never recognized the signs?

Whatever.

Because of the brain tumor cop-out, one can hardly criticize the woman engaging in a 2 YEAR AFFAIR, and then consciously running off with another man. She loved hubby and wanted him to want/love her? Well, running off in that manner was hardly the way to do it. She has the temerity to get angry that he didn't come for her? After the double reveal of a 2-year affair and her leaving him for the other guy? And the way she did it? And, after months and months of neglecting her wifely duties? No fucking way.

And, none of this explains her failure to maintain contact with her daughter, especially after the surgery. Or her failure to contact hubby in the years between her abandoning hubby and the book coming out.

I still think the insulting her about her painting was funny as fuck.

I give credit for trying to rehabilitate the wife, and it was effective. But, the brain tumor thing is not unlike the "it was all a dream" device-kind of hack, don't you think?

BriteaseBriteaseover 11 years ago
ignore them

good ending.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 11 years ago
Usually, "The End" should be the end.

When you write a good story, people want more. That's because they liked what you wrote, not because the story needs more. They want the "high" of a pleasant reading experience to continue. It seldom does continue when you play with the same characters. The editing was really off on this story, compared to the others. He wanted Annie to be left in "piece"? That is unusual. And the part where some guy was frustrated because Maria was chasing him made no sense at all, at least to me. This simply muddied the water. Everything in this opus was to the extreme. No everyday shit going on with this guy, or any of the people with whom he came into contact.

Sidney43Sidney43over 11 years ago

Very well written and while it was emotional to read, I could never quite accept Annie's blame on Joe for what happened. Yes, they had grown a bit apart and she was hormonal, had a brain tumor and another man was paying attention, but still she was the one who chose to leave and chose the method of leaving. She tells us that she tried to communicate with him, but obviously not hard enough. The line where she tells him if he had rushed off to Europe to find her she would have come back is lame, because she made it hard to find her and her method of leaving sent a strong message that he was not wanted. I think she realized early on that she made a mistake and just couldn't bring herself to call him, which is all it would have taken for quite a while.

In the end Annie made herself the center of the universe and Joe was just someone she used to love. She rationalized her continuing strong love for Joe only when she knew she was dying and waited until it was imminent till contacting him. She had years to do that, but chose to wait till she was very ill before setting a hook in him one more time. The chapter is written as a reconciliation, but I wonder deep down what Annie's needs really were? Was she really doing this as an apology, or just proving to herself that she could still reel him in after all this time.

Yeah, I am a cynic and I was emotional reading the chapter, but I just can't quite accept Annie as Joe portrayed her. Good job of writing to leave me with all these conflicting thoughts about a fictional couple.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I predicted a train wreck......

...and I was right. The writer went all Oprah, it is the man's fault, on us.

She thought he did not love her anymore so she cheated on him to make him love her?

She cheated on him to get him to pay more attention to her?

She cheated on him for two years and expected him to ask her to come back despite having the taint of Ramon on her?

She ran off all the way to Spain in hopes he would chase her down and beg her to come back. Not to another state or other side of the country but to another continent ; specifically telling him to not to try an find her?

And the point of abandoning her daughter was what?

Of course where would we be if she did not get to blame hormones, depression, empty nest syndrome etc, etc. Men certanly do not get to do that.

And this is supposed to be the smarter gender , at least accorrding to the writer.

Of course maybe the man is at fault for marrying a woman who does not feel that him going to work busting his ass everyday to provide her with the lifestyle tha enabled her to afford elssons from Ramon, among other things was enough. No he was supposed to be around constantly to keep this supposedly superior gender from cheating.

Imagine if he had returned form one of his business trips and told her that "I am sorry dear but I had to bang a hot stripper I meet on my business trip because you where nto ther to fight for me and I was feelign depressed becuase the kids were no longer at home".

kakashi524kakashi524over 11 years ago
Annie was to blame. Period.

Thats my opinion, Annie herself said in her letter that Joe tried to fix the marriage several times but in her words it was "Too little too late". I dont know where she could get he didnt love her. Now after her tumor was removed and her decision making wasnt compromised she could have taken the right decisions yet she left and did nothing about fixing, if not her marriage, her relationship with her daughter. I mean, she had to have some documentation that attested to her tumor being responsible, in part at least, of her poor decision making the last few years. Thats what I like to call "scientific proof". Anyways, thats my opinion on the matter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Why....

Would they be speaking Spanish in Brazil?

cpetecpeteover 11 years ago
Nice Try

Well written, and judging by the amount and length of posts-you really hit a nerve with most readers.

It was a valient effort to try to "rehab" Annie. But after your last couple of fine "Annie tales", trying to change a cheater into a saint ..was just "a bridge too far" (even with your talent)-so most of us felt cheatd. Other posters have pointed out the reasons better then I

I applaud you for trying a different tack then having us find Annie spent her remaining years as a skidrow homeless hooker as a lot of LW tales end.

Still well written, and your sefforts are most appreciated. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
you rewote the character

maybe it was because you couldn't figure out how to write with the character, but you changed Joe and Maria.

so you made him feel all guilty and equally responsible. nonsense.

Joe would have thought Anne still self-serving and selfish in her memories and actions, forgetting SHE was the one who did not communicate, SHE was the cheater, SHE was the one who ran away (and abandoned her kid).

it was not his fault. and Joe would have known that.

the rest of the story was ok, but that one unneeded recharacterization really lower my score.

bruce22bruce22over 11 years ago
Basically a fine tale

His willingness to accept part of the guilt causes anger in our LW audience but

the truth is that having try to give him a guilt trip is to be expected with all that has gone before. Obviously he went to Rio because of the happy years and because he did not want Maria to feel that he was insensitive! There was no justification for abandoning her daughter and her grandchild and the author did not even attempt to structure one... Obviously she was super egocentric but most of us are....

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Harry was right

Eloquently written, compelling reading, but in the end, HarryInVa was right. This whole series was just more blame-the-husband bullshit.

thunderfoot1959thunderfoot1959over 11 years ago
Joe became human in a weak way

I agree; Joe's attitude, and his recollection of the past, changed in this segment. He fell prey to second-guessing his actions and reactions, losing rather than gaining clarity of perception. Annie's "I was cruel in how I left you, but you shut me out" whine is only somewhat leavened by the "I had hormonal issues and an emergent brain tumor" revelation.

I did love the "I thought about suing you, but it would make me look bad" moan - she couldn't either stand up for herself or take it as deserved punishment for treating her husband badly. [Having a two-year affair on a faithful, non-abusive husband and then running away and leaving the country still constitutes bad treatment <g>.]

She died as she lived. It was all about her. Joe fell into the trap of believing that her inability to cope with her life was somehow his fault. His material success and, more importantly, his emotional recovery makes the trap easier to fall into. Strangely, they were both doing well in their own way, and Annie realized this. [The brain tumor aside; that would have happened regardless of their emotional or physical proximity.]

One editing nit to pick: I believe the term is "say one's peace," not "say one's piece." Lit stories often have homophonic proofing errors. Wonder how many authors use speech recognition software...?

katranmankatranmanover 11 years ago
One Too Many

Excellent writing throughout, well done in that regard. Very emotional and moving. However, it was one chapter too many for me. The last chapter wasn't needed and spoiled the theme of the first two. It just isn't believable that our hero reacts the way he does and blames himself so much. The ex didn't take any steps to fix things in the many years after she left and then blames him for not coming after her? No, no, no!

It takes two to screw up a marriage, I've lived that one, but that doesn't allow one party to play the victim years later and not take responsibility for their own actions. So, sometimes it's better to leave a good thing alone and not add more chapters...

BelgiumBelgiumover 11 years ago
Disspointing ending

This was a not very convincing explanation of the ex-wife. And still the author makes Joe a sap who buys it. Writing a book with an apology was unwarranted by the facts. The story only enhances my view of her from the previous stories: that she’s a self-serving conniving bitch for whom only she herself is of importance.

Annie the Ex still blames him for all her own mistakes and choices and for neglecting her but she didn’t make the effort in communicating with him either. As Anonymous said Joe fell into the classic trap of comfort, but marriage is a partnership and all successful partnerships require both parties to look out for each other. She chose to ignore him as well and she was the one to choose to betray him by taking a lover and she chose to abandon her family. Not him! As to him “rescuing” her by following her to Spain in order to get her home when she originally left… how would he have done that as she had disappeared and made her intentions cruelly very clear!

It also doesn’t explain why through all the years before Joe found her in Spain she never contacted her daughter either… actions which are incomprehensible and unforgivable. And then she is surprise to see she has been superseded in the hearts of her kin? Get real!

Thus even dying she was the conniving manipulating bitch. She needs to be the centre of the world and of all attention, well, life isn’t that way.

Although Annie the Ex might be forever tainted in the public eye because of what she did… putting her photo on the cover was a bit of a mean thing to do… and might even have been illegal as it was done without authorisation of the depicted… it doesn’t absolve her of her faults.

All in all this was just another self-serving effort of the ex-wife but not convincing. All in all a bit of a disappointing ending to the storyline.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanover 11 years ago
Need to defend the author here

I was angry when I read this. I got angier as I read more. I blew up when she blamed him for her cheating. BUT THIS FUCKING SHIT IS REALISTIC. People and cheaters in particular blame others for their actions all the time. Traumatized people accept blame almost as much. Did this chapter need to be write? DAMN RIGHT IT DID, Without this chapter I would not have hated her as much as I do now. That may have not been the intent of the author but it is the outcome. Cheaters rarely take responsibility for their actions it is part of the flaw that helps them cheat in the first place. The other chapters illustrate the damage of cheating. This chapter illustrates something much more important, cheaters rarely have any remorse for their actions and there is always a justification for what they have done. Carlos was the only winner in this chapter. Cancer saved him and if he wants to stay happy he should not go looking into what his wife was doing when he was away from her. Again probably not the moral the author intended but what the hell. Again *****. You may not like it but give an author credit for writing something so distasteful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

He may have been wrong to ignore her but that's really no excuse. She expected him to go to another country to 'rescue' her AFTER she already cheated on him for a while when she didn't even have the strength to raise her voice and tell him she was unhappy and possibly stop all of that crap from happening in the first place. Of course if that happened it would've probably been a much less interesting story.

All in all this was a good story and thanks for writing it.

rijubhairijubhaiover 11 years ago
I'm glad it's not part 4...

...but an independent summation of the first three chapters that can be easily isolated.

Joe was written to be a selfish, uncommunicative fellow in this episode, and this is not consistent with his portrayal earlier. Annie needed resolution and redemption but it proved to be the contrary; that indeed Joe was the cause of the anguish inflicted upon him by Annie (because he neglected her?).

This story is OK as it is by itself, but it is completely juxtaposed when placed into context with the continuity of the '500 Annies' series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
dumbass ex

Annie is a dumbass because she assumes that joe is psychic and can read her empty mind. She says don't follow me and is surprised when her husband of 25 years respected her wishes and said if she can walk off with a lover then fuck her then and the horse she road in on! He wasn't oblivous but trusting in the love and respect his wife had for him. did he not show her enough attention maybe but if she was just standing around waiting for Joe to take his head out of his ass and do something he first has to know something is wrong. Should joe have used her picture maybe not but her arrogance in being at her family moving on is childish and pathetic, just some bitter woman trying to strike back at the people who moved on and lived their lives. If her husband wasn't paying attention why didn't her daughter and if she took to the new wife why is annie mad if she abandoned AJ then AJ could move on and find people who love her. Hearing Aj call someone mom and granddaughter calling someone nana when she doesn't even know who you are that is your fault. I don't know if I would have went and seen her. Still a great story and a different point so can't wait for the next one.

BTTapBTTapover 11 years ago
I would add...

I would add that I don't award scores based upon my feelings about the characters. I gained some sympathy for the wife, but not that much (still self-centered). I marked this story down a little because I felt the brain tumor device was a little hack, a 'magic pill' that the author used to explain everything away. And, I was frankly a little bored with the getting us up to date stuff in the beginning (not necessary). Finally, while this epilogue did add to the original story and helped fill in some blanks, it didn't really do so adequately. There was plenty of opportunity to reach out to the daughter, and no excuse for her not doing so. Further, she if she really wanted hubby to show he loved her/valued her as she claimed, why the Dear John letter and running off, when she acknowledged in the letter that he had been making an effort for months to get back into her life? Oh yeah, the brain tumor.....

So, I gave it 3.5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Let this story die

For the love of god stop right now. This is so far beneath you that it's embarrassing as you are normally one of the best writers on this site but for whatever reason this story just doesn't appeal to me at all.

x_JohnDoe_xx_JohnDoe_xover 11 years ago

Well written story, but everyone makes their own choices, if someone cheats on thier partner it is their choice to do so. No one else is to blame. I know many people blame certain situations in these types of stories but ultimately it is the human being that chooses to be faithful and fight for their marriage or to cheat and disrespect the partner and the marriage. No one is forced to cheat it is a choice that people make. The wife in this story chose her path she chose to cheat she chose to ignore her family she chose to abandon her kids and family. This was all her choice, so she can only blame herself, granted Joe was probably like most men as blind as a bat to what was really going on. That's why some women have to hit us around the head with a baseball bat to get our attention from time to time. Anyway thank you for writing your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

If the intent of this piece was to portray Annie as one of the most contemptible creatures on this site and her ex Joe as a lucky doofus, this was an excellent story. If the intent was to have a reader empathize with Annie and respect the husband's capacity to forgive, the story is just not credible. As noted in other comments, this "loving wife" never expressed her frustrations and never gave her husband a legitimate chance to remedy the situation. She then enters into a long-term affair with a loser, leaves the husband with the express purpose of hurting him badly, and completely abandons her child. In later years, the woman remains totally self-absorbed and is almost sociopathic in her inability to consider the interests, thoughts, and feelings of others. The best evidence is her gripe about being replaced as a grandmother and mother. What gall to lash out after SHE unilaterally abandoned her family and hid from them for decades? What did she possibly expect? Nevertheless, she succeeds in heaping more pain on her daughter by returning an unopened envelope, which sends the clear, unequivocal message that she still cares nothing for her daughter and grandchild.

That the ex-husband was moved by this woman's almost almost unbelievable selfishness and self-centeredness lacks credibility. My option would have been to respond to her in kind by sending the DVD back "returned to sender" while making it look as if no one looked at it. This woman deserved nothing but contempt and disregard.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
"Mid-Life Crisis"

I watched my parents go through theirs together and come out the other end divorced and him remarried. So many times people BOTH flunk this portion of life together and all to often only blame one of parties (usually the other one) for the results. Your final story does just that. While on comment sees the tumor as a "duex ex machina" they do occur in real life and some do have that effect.

What I liked about this ending is not that Joe got hammered because he was a bad guy, but that the ended had both of them dealing with the fragile nature of human realtionships. I've heard Stephen King quoted as saying "remember that every little pip squeak character you ever create thinks the world revolves around him..." and so do most of us! This story's ending points out that it just ain't so

Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
sorry but you even gave me to be in the right once more

women can't talk when it comes to importent things. how many years she had time to talk up all in all ? 20 durîng the marriage and 20 after the marriage ?

and you still write a story about the legend that men are unable to talk ?

very nice story to read but I guess women have to learn to communicate as nobody can mind reading.

bigguy323bigguy323over 11 years ago
Delusional. The cheating bitch is completely delusional. She cheated. She LEFT with little more than a NOTE!

She remained incommunicado and resisted being found. Everything that happened AFTER she left was totally on her.

He delusion that Joe was somehow responsible for what followed is completely delusional.

This last chapter pretty much ruins the series for me. Joe was in NO WAY responsible for any of the shit that happened to her after she left. The authors plot choice to have JOE accept the blame is just sick.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I don't think that Joe agrees with Annie

He doesn't believe in kicking her when she's down. Others have done a good job at pointing out her delusions; We don't know if she's always deluded or if only when the brain tumor flairs. I think she knew Joe and knew that he would forgive her now. She didn't contact Joe or AJ before because she wasn't sure she could handle it then. I'm not sure if AJ could forgive (perhaps qhml1 will write a sequel). I don't see Joe as being less manly in this chapter, just being compassionate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
FORGIVE YES

GET OUT OF JAIL CARD NOT ONLY NO BUT HELL NO . BLAME HER RETARDED ACTIONS ON PHYSICAL PROBLEM BUT IT WAS -VITAMIN D (DICK) THAT WAS HER DOWN FALL. THAT SHE REALIZED IT IN THE END STILL DID NOT MAKE UP FOR HER CALLOUS TREATMENT OF FAITHFUL HUSBAND AND FATHER BY THIS WHORE. SORRY A SPADE IS A SPADE NOT A FANCY SHOVEL.why do i feel this way been there done that almost verbatim the t shirt still fits..

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Well done!

I was actually disappointed when I saw the title and almost did not read it. I am very glad I did.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Unfortunately

IF I HAD BEEN MARIA I WOULD NEVER SHOWED THE VIDEO TO MY HUSBAND and I would destroy it to save him from emotional injury.

1. I wrote in the earlier comment ONLY AJ should have gone to her mother.

2. Maria was high EQ to help Joe from the emotional deep point but her IQ was not too high not to show the video to him.............

snakes454snakes454over 11 years ago
i think it sux that

The cunt got to marry a rich guy with the family she always wanted. If she was feeling neglected she should have opened her cock sucker and asked Joe w t f? You should have left this story @ 2 chapters.

shangoshangoover 11 years ago
My suggestion to you

Take up Gardening. The "Neglect made me do it" excuse makes me wanna hurl. Every Adult knows all we can control is our own actions. Did she hit the gym? Buy Fredericks of Hollywood? NO! But Hubby is supposed to be the Amazing Kreskin (Charles Xavier for you youngsters)!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Complicated

Real life is not nearly as simple as we'd all wish. It's messy and complicated because we are. Very well written.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 11 years ago
Realistic portrayal of Annie #1

Of course it isn't her fault - blame it ALL on the husband! He was supposed to be a mind reader, the stupid guy. After she ran off with the predator, he was supposed to come rescue her. Well done Qhml1 - you have portrayed the truth of divorce - it is always the husband's fault. If it is the wife's fault, refer back to the truth of divorce.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteover 11 years ago
Obviously you would have hit on this if you had written detail and realism....

...into the description of the disintegration of Joe and Annie's marriage. People don't fail to communicate to that extent so easily. Still, the overall story was captivating and delivered with good pacing. Thanks.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
oh no not again

it is all the man's fault. he did not give her enough attention. he did not love her enough. working his ass off was not good enough. her not talking to him was his fault because she had a zipper on her mouth and he would not unzip it. she did not really run away, he refused to stop her and did not run to spain to drag her cheating ass back after she ran off and had been fucking another man for how long was it. now he feels guilty because a dying lying cehating fucking cunt should be believed. have to stop now and go puke.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Excellent story

You have done an excellent job with this story and this final piece does tidy up many lose ends. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Harry In VA with another PERFECT guess.... Again!

I'm not a fan of this Jackass Harryin VA. Really I am not. Personally I think the guy is a little wacko--- half the time the his comments are the most unintelligible nasty vulgar stuff on the planet. But the other 50% of the time he writes some really insightful stuff .

But HIV also has this uncanny ability to figure out where stories are going before they finish and most the time HIV is exactly on the mark. At first I thought it was just coincidence . I assumed that readers were exaggerating HIV's accuracy .

HIV you are still an asshole 50% of the time... ( don't know if half the time your trollng or not) . But you are pretty sharp asshole ...I will give you that.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 11 years ago
Instead of 500 Annies how about 500 cliches ?

Husband working to hard so naturally she just had to go to spain

Menopause

brain Tumor

Aliens

Volcanoes

the Bush tax cuts

the Sun was in my eyes

every time this repulsive arrogant superficial shallow and stupid author post another one of these got damn fucking stories ...it make me want to kick the dog.

The idea that after all this time this vile twisted mentally disturbed woman could just waltz back in to his life and place the entire blame for what SHE did 100% on him ... And then the pathetic wimp loser faggot Loser husband would just say ...sure it was my fault " then go visit her in her death bed?.

He should have visited the cunt whore Bitch and spit in her face

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wow, yeah, Harryin VA! Just like in your 100 stories!

Oh, yeah, that's right. You haven't written a single word, have you.

Loser.

Danger09Danger09over 11 years ago
Nice : )

I like the fact that I as a reader was able to read her side--with that being said, what is wrong with Annie ?! It seemed to me that she was trying to minimize her actions --she was more into putting all the blame onto joe (the hurt party). Annie said she was lonely & she didn't think he (joe) still loved her anymore so she left, why didn't Annie speak up? The amount of effort it took for  her to spread her legs & fuck another man could've been put to good use in talking to her husband, so I don't for a second feel sorry for her. How hard was it to say "honey, I'm lonely, even when you're here I still feel alone, I miss us spending quality time together, why don't we go on a vacation to reconnect? I love you with all my heart but I'm scared for our marriage & I'm not sure you love me anymore. ..?!... Men are not mind readers! If she felt these things she should've spoke to joe, I really don't see how sleeping with another man was helping anything; I think she's using his lack of attention towards her as an excuse to justify breaking her marriage vows. She left her husband & yet had the fucking nerves to be upset with (joe) because he didn't fight for her?! Get the fuck out of here... Why the hell would he want to fight for her after she'd been banging this guy for who knows how long? When she left joe it wasn't just him she abandoned it was her daughter (AJ) also, I think what she did to joe & AJ was unbelievable & for her to sit there and actually try to guilt trip joe into taking responsibility for her slut moment is ridiculous , I admit joe was partly to blame but not for his wife's betrayal ! Joe should've made time to make their relationship better but joe wasn't aware that the relationship was suffering. She kept saying he destroyed her 3 times-- when was she ever going to admit that she destroyed her own life all by her selfish self? Joe was probably having the same thoughts/conclusion regarding their relationship also but she never gave him the chance to fix it & make it better instead she fucks the first man that pays her a little attention & the only reason he did give her attention was to get in her panties & he succeeded. Why didn't Annie ask joe to go to marriage counseling? Why didn't Annie try to do things by herself? These are ways their marriage could've been saved. So no! I'm not very sympathetic towards her, all I read about the DVD was her blaming him for not being a mind reader, for not fighting for her well fucked/well used damage pussy.. She was sad that her daughter replaced her, well what the fuck did she think; that joe & aj were just going to live in purgatory until she decides she wants her famly back?! Aj needed a mother, she resigned from that position when she left with her lover, so AJ transferred her daughterly affections towards Maria. Joe needed a wife, a woman who'd communicate with him, a woman who would not run off with another man just because things aren't going well, a woman who loves him enough to stick it out & work together to make the marriage work--& joe found this in Maria. This is why divorce rates are so high, when problems arises one spouse or both are so quick to throw years of marriage away, the only problem joe & Annie had was a lack of communication--which could've easily been rectified--but after her fucking this guy there was no way to fix the marriage because by her doing this she had basically moved on & no longer cared if the marriage survived or not. She said that she tried to give him clues/hints...?! WTF?! Joe is not inspector gadget ! He didn't pick up on the clues of her unfaithfullness because the thought never occurred to him that she'd destroy their marriage like this & he trusted her. Men are dense/clueless, if we women don't speak our minds they'll continue to be dense/clueless.. Men are not mind readers they're human beings who do occasionally fuck up so if a husband isn't paying his wife any attention or is taking the wife for granted its our duty as a woman/wife to speak up! Communication is VERY important in a relationship without it, it'll be a complete disaster ..

green117green117over 11 years ago
recovery from an oversold position

I think this chapter is necessary to help redeem the story as a whole.

One of the major problems I had with the story was that it seemed to sell the books as great revelations about relationships - but the story holds no great revelations about relationships. The protagonist seems earlier silly and self involved - and in this chapter this is brought out, but the antagonist is also silly and self involved.

Which may be a great revelation, but I was hoping for a bit more.

Without this chapter, the Joe character feels mostly like a cartoon, someones wish fullfillment after divorce. With this chapter, there is more of a feeling for the original Annie-Joe relationship. It gives the Joe character some movement, some change from his initial character state.

In any event, it did bring out the worst in the anonymous crowd, which I suppose is something. A SciFi writer wrote a piece about being approached by strangers while visiting with an actor from the "Bonanza" TV series - Dan Blocker Google tells me - and the strangers would insist that the actor do something about the storyline in the TV series - not as an actor, but as a character. The same disconnect between author-as-creator and character-in-a-story is evident here - the author doesn't state his own point-of-view about Annie's character or actions - he just wrote a story including those actions and her points-of-view.

Lighten up.

Green-something

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAover 11 years ago
Not bad but it is difficult to have any sympathy for Annie....

In the end she was left with the choices that she made for herself. Obviously she didn't choose cancer. But she did choose another life that took her completely away from her family. This whole plot scheme designed to put the blame for her bad luck on her husband just gets tiring after awhile. Writers feel like they have to level the playing field in order to redeem the evil doer (slut wife), so they tear down the hero (shit upon husband). At the end of the story, the reader has a difficult time caring about any of the characters.

But thanks for the effort.

MissouriUSA

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
This story wasn't necessary.

When I hear the name "Babs" I think of an wife in curlers and wearing an old housecoat with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth. Enough with the silly nicknames.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
My opinion

As a fantasy story we could discuss about characters, plote, meat of the story freely. My opinion without direct deny a parent or daughter/son must look for connection each other against the divorce. If there is some conscious problem in that case the calls are rarly, but some connection E-mail, telephone 2-3 times a year only, but news about her children etc.. Here AJ did not deny direct her mother, so...........We had a friend whose daughters denied him after divorce and he did not look for them for 20 years, but the daughters denied him.............From this point Annie is more negative for me, than she is because of the betrayal.............

sugnasugnaover 11 years ago
Ick!

Give me a break. She never loved him. She dumped on him then in her final moments she decided to screw with him again and tell him he should have chased after her if he loved her. Sorry, it doesn't work like that. It was up to her to make amends if there were any to be made.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
she was

she was a cheating fucking cunt who still blamed her loving devoted husband for fucking up his life and her kids.

njlaurennjlaurenover 11 years ago
I liked the writing

I really did and I was glad when I saw that you had decided to close up the loose ends and show things from Annie's viewpoint. I was touched by the sadness of the story, but to be honest, as much as I didn't want to, I had to agree with most of the other posters, Annie's side of things didn't make her look any better, she basically instead of honestly admitting she was ultimately to blame, put all of it on him, why she cheated, why she left the way she did and so forth, but it doesn't absolve her, it is the words of someone who feels genuine remorse and guilt but to make herself feel better, dumps it on Joe.

I don't doubt as the story was told she felt lost, I don't doubt she felt like Joe wasn't paying enough attention to her, but the fact is rather then tell him about it, tell him what she needed, she found some bozo who took advantage of her, had an affair and then decided to just up and leave in the most craven fashion you can imagine. She says he just had to come and find her, yet what she left out was her note was cruel and told him basically there was no hope (I mean, flaunting a two year affair and saying 'you didn't even notice?"). She is basically blaming him, when if she really felt that way, she could have left spain, come home and try to fight for him. And what about her daughter? She is devastated later, but why did she run away from her, refuse to communicate with her, what had the daughter done? Nothing is the answer, yet she punished her, too.And why after it became apparent Ramon was a loser, didn't she try to contact Joe? If she realized it was a mistake, why didn't she get in contact and say "I still love you, I fucked up, I would really like to try and make this right"...but she didn't, because in her own mind he was the guilty party.

She had a point about the book, she had a right to be mad, but she hid still, and why? Because she was afraid she would look like a whiny ex wife....all about herself. She doesn't begin to understand the pain she caused him, and despite her words, she doesn't really want to. She is basically telling him "I made a mistake leaving you but it was all your fault" and that is asinine.

When he found her in spain she once again got self righteous and blames him again for destroying her....rather then speaking to him, rather then trying to understand the pain that caused Joe to do what he did, she acts like a child and cries "poor little me", she still didn't get it...there was the chance at that point that had they talked, maybe something could have been put back together, she could have found her daughter, but she acted like a petulant child.

Joe could have done things better, but he very well might have listened to her had she spoken up. When she left Joe was going through a crisis of sorts himself, his career looked like it was dead, his daughter had to move away, and yet all she saw was herself....instead of supporting Joe when his job ended, she made him feel worse, and it was self centered on her part.

In other words, though I thought the concept was good, all it did was make Annie look worse. You have Joe feeling worse, but in the end he did the decent thing in going to see her and forgiving her to put her at rest, and in one sense your story makes sense, Joe feels the guilt he does because he is a decent person, whereas Annie simply comes off as self serving, and that is a disappointing ending. Annie could have taken the lion's share of the blame but pointed out that he had caused her pain as well, but what this comes off as is excuses (sorry, menopause and even a brain tumor is not going to cause someone like Annie to do what she did, she knew what she did, she was sulking because she felt like Joe wasn't paying her enough attention, and instead of acting like an adult, she acted like a child and then blamed him for everything). I really wanted to try and forgive the character of Annie, but I couldn't, all I saw was a self centered woman who in the end, wanted forgiveness because she did feel guilt, but in effect still dumped it all on Joe.

SleeplessinMD4SleeplessinMD4over 11 years ago
As a measure of humanity...

this story showed great compassion. As a real story this Annie POV was full of crap. How can you send your ex-husband who you left for another man a video blaming him? How can you after your treatment for the cause of your bad decision fail to contact the man you loved to make peace with him for your actions? Even when Joe tracks you down for your daughter you act as if he was destroying your happiness and like a coward you find an excuse to run again from your daughter and granddaughter. I am sorry but this dog does not hunt. How can a selfish bitch who marries another man and moves to Rio somehow finds it within herself to really be sorry? She never wrote or called or made any move to contact Joe and AJ until she knew she was dying. Gee- thanks for putting yourself out! I believe that the whole apology would have been more realistic if the DVD came from Annie's current husband trying to find a way to bring his dying wife closure. Annie abandoned her adult daughter which had nothing to do with her relationship with Joe! AJ having just had Bunny needed her mother. The other part of this story about the third book just does not seems credible. How can you want to keep Annie's apology private but have a book on reconciliation? While I understand the need to make Annie human what she did and failed to do for years just cannot be wiped away with an apology even from a dying woman. Forgive yes but lament and get emotional over a woman who did not take a step toward reconciliation until it was driven by necessity - no. Call me harsh but real human beings cannot keep themselves out there to be constantly hurt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
She is still a cunt

All she did was reiterate the fact she was a self-centered, self serving bitch trying to inflict one last bit of pain onto her ex-husband and ex-daughter. she made the choices; it wasn't up to him to chase after her to apologize for making her jump into bed with someone else.

Oh and Harry, you're still too stupid for words.

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 11 years ago
No judgement on either

My comment is about the story, not the characters. I enjoyed the story. It was a good read, well crafted and compelling. At the end I felt sad for the characters and for their circumstances.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
vain woman,fault hubby for everything

annie ego got the best of her.

phd70phd70over 11 years ago
Well Written--But ex-wife loved to blame husband for her own failures.

Annie unmercifially complains about Joe's treatment of her. Once she left him, he really owed her nothing. Rehashing her marriage history simply highlighted her blame in ending her marriage and abandoning her family. Joe was left to deal with his pain and loss, and did his best, owing her nothing! If I had been him I would not have watched her blame filled polemic aimed at hurting him. A selfish, bitter woman who believed that the world revolved around her. Dan

BigK10BigK10over 11 years ago
It really says something...

...about how real the character of Annie is, when all these comments are about her and her blaming Joe. That being said, this is another fine story (one of very few I've read) that deserves more than the "5" I can give it. I look forward to reading your next one. :-)

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
THANKS FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT

THANKS FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT you cheating slut whore. now go and die and leave me the fuck alone!

VickieTernVickieTernover 11 years ago
If he's so sensitively tuned

to women and the moral issues in relationships with them, how can he be so untuned to her self-pitying anger toward him? I detest, despise, and loathe the "burn the slut"Anonymous crowd here, but that DVD and the utter inappropriateness of his response to it (not merely sad regret but self-blame? for a woman who betrayed him for years, hid her problems, and said nothing? and expected him to chase her cool ass to Spain way before he was a multibillionaire who could afford to find anyone? C'mon!) add nothing to your original extravagantly satisfying tale. The best revenge is living well, indeed! And she ruined even that for him? She never stopped loving herself far beond what she deserved!

ydderfydderfabout 11 years ago
well written

I feel you have written a lovely story please please keep up the good work. There is so little good writing on LIT I wish you a long productive life.

My advice is to ignore the unproductive comments from the "burn the bitch" crowd. Feel free to contact me if you could use me as a proof reader or if there is other ways I could assist you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Good stuff

Pretty good story but have to agree with a lot of comments. You had a steady flow to the story going then you sort of used this to totally destroy everything. In the 500Annies series you touched on the point that he learned without communication things fall apart. Then in this you made Joe look a fool for his wife not communicating with him and allowing her to manipulate him into regret.

FD45FD45about 11 years ago
One of the tropes in Lit comments is this:

Once you are a cheater, anything ANYTHING can be done to you without regard to the law or morality.

So had Joe gone out and used a slow saw to cut her nipples off, people would be cheering. If he physically ripped the testicles of Ramon off of him, despite the fact that Joe had all his equipment to have another relationship, we'd have stomping and hollering in encouragement.

What happened to Annie as a result of Joe's actions were terribly disperportionate considering what he went through. This is almost beyond dispute. In qhml's world, I wouldn't be surprised if the name 'Annie' took a huge dip in popularity, like no Son of the South would think of naming their son "Sherman".

This little ditty made a small attempt at reforming Annie's character. I found her reasons rather lame, but would point out one thing to the haters:

Her emotions were real to her.

Let us go to another scenario. Annie came home at 2 am, drunk, runs in her stocking, no panties, mussed hair and giggling like a fiend, would anyone blame Joe for believing that Annie was a cheating slut? No?

But Annie is somehow supposed to discern that Joe is still wildly in love with her. Her perceptions are just as valid as Joe's are.

Now, she didn't handle it in any reasonable way, and going on screwing for 2 years is beyond the pale. But one can't question her emotions!

qhml1 loves his characters. It's nice that even the villianess Annie gets, if not the Disneyworld life of Joe, at least gets Cedar Point...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Why Read this?

Annie's comment at the end of the very first part that Joe was (merely) her husband but Ramon was her "soulmate" was all that anyone EVER needs to say to someone who has spent most of their life with you.

Some things in this life, like a bullet to the brain, cannot be undone.

DepopuloDepopuloabout 11 years ago

OK so this is the second time I've read this completed story (6 months apart) and I still come away with the same thing about this last part that I did the first time.

No sane man that is what Joe's character is portrayed to be would respond that way I'm affraid. I cant see in any situation where a guy would go running off to her because shes dieing and then returning from 12 years of silence to blame him. "Honey I was another guys whore for two years and I told you to go fuck off when I left, but damn you its your fault because you didn't come get me."

W T THE FUCK F (yeah yeah)

This is simply my viceral reaction to this part of the story. It's still as well written as the rest of the 500 Annies series. The character cohesion to the easablished story line though doesnt hold up in the slightest.

In the end, overall 500 annies is a fantastic and well written story with a highly character disfunctional ending.

Still a damn good writer with one of my favorite stories on the sight (I'm gonna sell the bitches car), just seems to loose sight of characters and plot a little bit sometimes. Still another good read all the same for my own bitching above :) Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Off Track

This last one was a bit of a miss for me. Annie blaming him for her ending their marriage doesn't work. Him accepting responsibility really doesn't work. He's smart enough to know they are each accountable for their marriage and its end. But he already acknowledged his role. For me, the key piece here is her abandoning her daughter. That says it all about self-focus. She maxed out in that category.

That said, the rest of the story is one of my favorites on Lit. Thank you.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

dont give a rats ass about annie.

monkcalmmonkcalmalmost 11 years ago
Sad betrayal

Sad betrayal I like most of your stories you tell a good tale,but this was pissing on your story and the readers fd45 or who ever just wanted to cause disgust mail. A apology on your death bed means shit there is no remorse just fear of death and what lies beyond, she was a bad mom/wife from the story you wrote,and everything he did was from your writing true honest?or did you just have a cuck pussy wimp story going in your head while you wrote down the original?I say this because this shit plot story was crapping on the characters we read earlier,but its your story and this is my response, FUCK YOUR ANNIE the bitch blamed him like all abusers do to there victims there is not one rapist serial killer pedo fuck nazi kkk sick bitch who doesn't blame the victim,and if good men dont get shit on enough in the world you have to write one more into it WELL DONE!

ramonbrookramonbrookalmost 11 years ago
Listen man .....

I'm a very anxious person to start with but your stories "500 Annie's" and now this Story has compounded my anxiety 10 fold.

I'm not complaining tho! To the contrary I'm applauding your work that can induce such feelings in me! While this story you write is on an erotic site I feel it has the depth to a mainstream movie!

I'm not happy with certain pieces, how can we be when so many lives were destroyed. However at the same time so many lives were made whole.

it is a sad thing we call life! I wish I could express my emotions to you right now,

But I know I will fail to do so successfully and that will give me even more anxiety.

I love your work and please don't let some insensitive persons comments, who are just looking for a stroke story get you down! Consider the source!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Face it, tears aside, Annie was a slut.

Sorry portrayal to make a very wronged husband into a villain. Doesn't work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Not Today, Bitch!

I usually enjoy your non-cuck/wimp stories, but your "Annie" series was a swing-and-a-miss. The cancer and tearful farewell was way too contrived to be entertaining--even for escapism. Next time man up and stop with the Oprah Book Club horseshit.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
He had guilt -

But she destroyed lives with her selfishness -

Her actions spoke louder than all her later words - she would have stopped and come home right away - big fucking deal. The serial killer would have stopped if someone had truly loved him as a child - tough shit - kill it before it grows.

I may sound harsh but for him to try to own the entire issue is ridiculous - communication is 2 way always is - if it was not working as she wanted and HER anxieties were ruling her mind - that is not all on him. As for menopause - good excuse not an adequate explanation - a brain tumor so much later and it is removed without issue it was NOT that big an influence - they are copouts she was still not willing to truly own her own behavior for what it was - he did he did he did - nothing about how much she DID!.

A well written story I just do not buy the goods - thank you for your wok -

x_witless_xx_witless_xover 10 years ago
Reading the comments section; this struck me...

"The serial killer would have stopped if someone had truly loved him as a child - tough shit - kill it before it grows."

Disturbing, Tavadelphin. Is there some criteria to measure whether a child is going to be a serial killer? Do you advocate statistical child killing as a defence against the potentiallity of that child BECOMING a serial killer in later life?

Kill it before it grows hey? Care to elaborate some on that?

x_witless_xx_witless_xover 10 years ago
Brilliant. Story is a weighted bait. 5* (qhm1 deserves credit for wringing this out and not deleting comments)

The comments are Loving Wives gold. Here's a great line from Missouri "Not bad but it is difficult to have any sympathy for Annie....

In the end she was left with the choices that she made for herself. Obviously she didn't choose cancer. But she did choose ...."

That's obsevant and I like it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Riiight

These two lines from the first chapter of 500 Annies show what pure BS this story is;

Ramon and I have been sleeping together for about two years.

You were my husband, but he is my soul mate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good story

I can't believe the comments. Are all of these readers so simplistic that judgment on bad behavior is the only thing that is important? This story does not justify Ann, it interprets the lives of people who have made mistakes and had to live with them and do the best they can. It was a really well thought out and intellectually, emotionally and thought provoking story.

DjshengDjshengover 10 years ago
Fuck you

I'm sorry but I really fucking hate you right now. I loved this fucking series and hate you for not writing more. Sorry for my French but that is how I feel. I'm really sad about the ending because of how it ended not because I didn't like it. It was bittersweet I guess. Far out.

Thanks for the great read. I still hate you a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Fiery Cunt, Annie's reasoning...

Clueless Joe,

My whole life I have been suffering from a disease called "Fiery Cunt". What I needed, you didn't have - an "Ice Cock". It so happened that Ramon had one made from pristine "Arctic/Antarctic Ice" and finally I got my fire quenched.

I'm not sorry Joe. I did nothing wrong so why should I be? "I never stopped loving you, I just stopped fucking you." (Your cock was too HOT) But I fucked you up real good and got fucked in the ass myself only after nine months. It is all your fault you know? So come and apologize to me, start kissing from my feet until you reach my ass. Do you remember that time in Spain? I didn't waste a single word on you. All you had to do is kiss my ass which I so conveniently presented to you the whole time. But you didn't understand, never did you insensitive ass hole.

I'm going to leave this filthy world soon. Can't go without forgiving you. Only way to do that is get a kiss (Oh no, not on the lips dumb ass). So come running to get a last taste of my ass and be forgiven. All you have to do is say Sorry and KISS you know what. I'll be waiting.

St. Annie (The Fiery Cunt)

P.S.

If you're wondering after 12 years of silent treatment, why am I saying all these now? Remember the Sting I gave you "For two years you being clueless and Ramon is my soul mate" line? Alas he didn't last long. I know you still don't get it? So I'm going to spell it out for you. I've something to gloat about now which will fuck with your head once more. Consider this is your penance for being a moron like all men...

javmor79javmor79over 10 years ago
Two way street

I liked this ending to an already wonderful story. Unlike most stories on this site, it showed that any marital problems, even if one of the people cheat, is usually a two way street. All of you BTB fans who want to believe that all cheating spouses are singularly to blame will hate me for this, but it is true. A cheating spouse usually does so because of one reason. They feel like they are missing something in the marriage. I'm not condoning cheating by saying that. I'm not saying that it is ok to cheat. I'm simply saying that is the reason why people cheat. Contrary to most stories on this site, women do not cheat simply because a guy has a bigger dick, or because they secretly want to be gangbanged by 5 black guys. A lot of time women simply cheat because they feel unloved, and some other guy is giving them the attention that they feel their husband is not. That is this character did.

While that may be the reason why she did it, that in no way absolves her. She was wrong for feeling like she was the "wronged" one. She should have opened her mouth and said something instead of waiting for him to turn into a mind reader. She should not have expected him to run all over Europe after her to "rescue" her. If she wanted him to prove his love for her, she should have given him a fighting chance. A lot of women have this unreal expectation that their guy should simply know that they are unhappy and do something about it. When that doesn't happen, they feel justified enough that they "deserve" to find someone who will fill that need. Of course, when a man is in the courting phase of any relationship, he's going to sell her the moon and tell her all of the crap that she wants to hear. That's what we do. Its easy to promise the world when she has a husband who is at home doing the heavy lifting of maintaining her. Women need to understand one thing. A guy that will cheat WITH her will cheat ON her. If you don't get your crap straightened out from the current relationship, your next one is doomed before it starts. All of the energy put into cheating and keeping it from your spouse could be put into fixing the issues in your current marriage.

I liked that they were able to make amends at the end. Everyone makes mistakes in life. Wise old people were once dumb young people. Life is too short to be holding grudges. Its funny, we judge other people by what they do, but we judge ourselves by the intent of our heart. We should always try to give forgiveness. One day all of us will need it.

carvohicarvohiabout 10 years ago
Good story. Better concept...

I'm addressing the entire 'Annie' series. Joe, the poor slob, did everything he thought he was supposed to do, but Annie ditched him anyway. He got through it and made a new life for himself. Then, thanks to AJ, Annie resurfaces. For a while I wanted to get Annie's perspective, but by the time I got to her epilogue I realized Annie's story probably wouldn't be worth the paper it would be written on. I say this, not because it wasn't well written, but because it was filled with the usual excuses and self-denials. Menopause, brain tumor, I thought he stopped loving me; come on! Annie killed a good, not perfect, marriage, and then later she expressed her regrets. To slightly misquote a line from a very interesting musical, "She had it coming."

phil2213phil2213about 10 years ago
Extremely powerful emotional complex story.

Expertly written tale of heavy emotions. The core of this story centered on a bombastic total and complete failure of communication. What a mess. This author was extremely brilliant in grasping complex issues and simplifying them in a very creative way. It was interesting and truly overwhelming. Thank you!!

phil2213phil2213about 10 years ago
Extremely powerful emotional complex story.

Expertly written tale of heavy emotions. The core of this story centered on a bombastic total and complete failure of communication. What a mess. This author was extremely brilliant in grasping complex issues and simplifying them in a very creative way. It was interesting and truly overwhelming. Thank you!!

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
So it was ultimately Joe's fault...?

...because he wasn't a mind reader or clever enough to decipher Annie's coded messages?

Classic case of "if you don't know what's wrong I'm not going to tell you." She never once came out and told him pain language what more she needed him to do. You can't try to fix something if you don't know it's broken and nobody tells you.

I won't say she had it coming, but she certainly brought it on herself.

kelchakelchaabout 10 years ago
Worth Five Stars

Cause it makes one think of mercy. Annie didn't deserve any, but got some anyway. True for most of us isn't it?

Have little sympathy for the wounded souls and their hateful comments. Really guys, if you want to stay in the shit that is your choice. Better I think to pick yourself up and love again.

InescuInescuabout 10 years ago
In denial

Everything Annie said in her accusations was bullshit. Once you're married, you should never have to 'fight' for your wife with another man. Defend her, yes, but having to constantly win her over again and again in contests with other men that she instigated? If she was unhappy, she owed it to him and their relationship to tell him. The telling point with her is she never contacted her daughter after she ran off. That fact right there indicated how self involved she was.

Joe had no reason to feel guilty. Nothing she said mitigated her betrayal of him and her child. He should have left her to die the same way she fled their marriage, with no remorse or communication.

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
Don't know about the leaving to die thing

Joe's response to Annie's desertion was one of self-questioning and a search for enlightenment, not revenge. Vengeful was just not his nature. But he definitely should not have blamed himself for anything Annie chose to do.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
What a powerful story

It made this big old hairy strong man weep like a woman, for sure. One thing really bothered me about the entire wonderful tale. Annie said:

"Damn you, Joe! Damn you for not loving me enough to keep me. You should have come after me."

NO. NO. As one poster already said, you fight to protect your wife, but you don't fight for her. Annie had already been on her back spreading her scabby cunt lips apart welcoming Ramon in whenever he wished to for TWO YEARS. And apparently, while going on all the trips with her while she was still married to Joe, Annie spread her diseased lips apart and welcomed him in with no problems.

While I cried like a baby at her death, I feel little to no sympathy for her. I felt sympathy for her daughter and granddaughter instead, for what they had been cheated out of by Annie's cheating.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 10 years ago
She was just playing games...

Maybe he was less attentive then he could have been... maybe they both failed to understand what was going on in each other's head... maybe neither of them recognized the needs of their spouse...

But.. if having an affair is seen as a way to get BACK TOGETHER with a spouse..?? How bizarre would that be...? It's like girlfriends trying to make their boyfriends jealous as if that's a good plan...

And even if she DID think he'd stopped living her... exactly how did that translate to her dumping her one and only (EVER) child...?

If she'd just opted to tell him to his face (before an affair) that she wanted a divorce and then explained it was because he didn't love her anymore, things would have been substantially different...

My spouse and I have gotten in too many arguments over her telling me that I don't know what she's thinking... only to have her later express her being upset for the very thing I knew she was thinking... Really...? Seriously...? If communicating is so important what sense does it make to undermine my successes at knowing what was bothering you...?

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
WHEN MANKIND LEARNS HOW TO ACCEPT AND LIVE

with his frailities, desires and life itself, then and only then will he be able to survive. TK U MLJ LV NV

krosis666krosis666about 10 years ago
Why

Bother going to see a hateful cunt like that? She cheated on him, ran off with lover boy, and abandoned her child! Then, when he is finally happy, she sends a dvd to his wife, blaming HIM for every bad thing that ever happened to her! What gall!

The same tired old excuses. "I was lonely, so I spread for a pussyhound, and it`s all your fault!" Or, "It was menopause and hormones!" Bullshit. Every woman that has ever lived has gone through hormonal change and menopause, and very few have ever cheated! That`s just an excuse for shitty behaviour.

Did she ever stop to talk to him, and express her loneliness, or boredom? Or did she only try to give subtle hints, that she KNEW he wouldn`t pick up on, so that she could do what she wanted, and still be able to blame him for everything? He wasn`t the one cheating!

So she got a brain tumour. So what. How is that his fault. Or how is it his fault that the scumbag she ran away with turned out to be a loser that dumped her! Well, she picked him!

The dvd was nothing more that a spiteful attempt to shift all the blame for her shitty life onto him, so that she could die as she lived: Never taking ANY responsibility for the decisions that she, and she alone, made in her life. It was her way of easing her own guilty conscience, a way to rationalise to herself that she was a good person.

If she really wanted to make amends, then she should have left him and his family alone, and she should have finally taken responsibility for her life, instead of trying to ruin his, by trying to make him feel guilty. A person like her can only see themselves, and believe that the whole world revolves around them. Well it doesn`t honey, now fuck off and die!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
8949 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...