All Comments on 'I Thought I Hated Him'

by firstkiss

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
dreamcatcher7dreamcatcher7about 17 years ago
so good

i do hope there will be a second part, as this was so good

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 17 years ago
I liked it, but.....

it required more interaction between the two characters. This is not a stroke story but a romance. It just seems like it needed more groundwork to justify the conclusion. You write very well!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
I agree with HDK

It was very good, but it seemed incomplete. You've got a three week time span done in just two lit pages. It was an excellent start to something that could be flesh out more and made amazing.

Blue88Blue88about 17 years ago
Damned Impressive

Excellent writing and an intriquing, tight plot. Your talent is certainly evident, author, now take this tale and expand it. You have the kernel of a story here - run with it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
well written

It's well written, but rushed. As it is, it made me feel that there was cause for sexual harrassment at the workplace. When he wanted to criticize her work, and get his point across, he turned it into something sexual instead of being about her work. When she defended her point, and she had many, what came across was sexual period - which was unbelievable in a woman that had been trying to make her mark at her profession, at her firm, especially when she even comments that she had to work twice as hard because she was a woman and the only woman architect at that - in Maddox.

It would have worked perfectly if this were a longer story with well fleshed out characters. I liked this story. I liked your writing style, BUT this story and these complex characters deserved better.

Keep writing, I'll be watching for you!

firstkissfirstkissabout 17 years agoAuthor
Don't worry y'all...

There is more of this story coming soon...

virgin2267virgin2267about 17 years ago
Can't wait

for the second part. This was a pretty good story and I can't wait to see whose place they'll end up. Thanks for a great story.

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 17 years ago
Nicely done

Fine tale of May/December romance. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Need More

I want to give you credit for crafting a story. And going to the efort to have it edited, or editing yourself. There were some mistakes but they didn't detract from the story. None of us (editors) are perfect.

My quandary is that, by design, readers are not asked to vote about style, effort, or originality, but rather how HOT it is. The fact that I don't agree is empty. Your story never gets hot. I see no sex.

But I appreciate the effort and feel you deserve some credit. I do hope I'm not being too harsh. What I do is find a way to include a sex scene in every story, even while, perhaps, building toward a beter one. Even by having characters "talking" about a prior sexual experience.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Good Story

I wouldn't call it a May/December romance; it's more of a March/June or April/July romance. Anyway, I enjoyed the first chapter.

Boyd

tata12772tata12772about 17 years ago
Great

Wow...Im soooo Looking forward to the next installment with this story...i have really enjoyed your other stories so far...keep up the good work

lovegal73lovegal73about 17 years ago
Love it!

I'll be waiting anxiously for the next installment. I'd take that kind of sexual harrassment any day!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
And now the scene is set ...

You may have developed the set up a bit more quickly than I would have liked, but in everything else, your writing is "spot on". How do I know? Because I can't wait for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
:)

Great so please, hurry up :P

HikergirlHikergirlabout 17 years ago
Oooooo....I like it!

You captured that spontaneous combustion of arousal very well. I came back to this story after reading the first few paragraphs of Chapter 2, which I'm now very eager to read. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Look Out !

What on earth has the sparks lit now? Look out !!!

BOSTONFICTIONWRITERBOSTONFICTIONWRITERalmost 17 years ago
Sometimes, it is not about sex...

Albeit this is Literotica, sometimes it is not about sex but more about the story. It is silly to imagine that there is not sex to come. Yet, I would be disappointed if it came too soon. I hope she lets him work for it, then I hope he rejects her when she is finally ready. The old Sam and Diane routine of Cheers works for me.

Great story, wonderful characters, and solid writing.

As they said to Billy Joel, the piano man, "Man, what are you doing here?"

Ada StuartAda Stuartalmost 17 years ago
WOW

WOW, this is really hot and I just love the way you describe the characters and they way they interact with each other. Wonderful work!!!!

Ada

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Great Writing, Tension and Character Development

Two words - fantastic, more.

PrincessErinPrincessErinover 16 years ago
Wow!

Another great chapter story of yours. Can't wait to read the other chapters.

sweet_escapesweet_escapeover 15 years ago
Impressive Effort

I enjoyed everything about this chapter. You really are a wonderful writer.

Dancewithme2Dancewithme2over 15 years ago
Good Work

It is easy to find this kind of writing captivating. It is damned good in a whole range of ways. A clear and simple plot that comes so out of the blue that the "whys" for the characters' behaviors could fill out a good story alone.

Good work Firstkiss!! Thank you. Writing this good could not have been easy. As I said: It is good "work."

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
intense

What came as a surprise was how open and excepting she was to his advances. Up until then, nothing led the reader to believe she was seeking sex or friendship with ANY guy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Eeeeep!

I can't wait to read the next part! :D

David48David48almost 14 years ago
So...

Now I know what "mature" is according to a very good author...40 to 45 you say? I just turned 62...How depressing is THAT? This guy Daniel is the D.I. I had at Paris...Such a rat bastard and was probably responsible for my actually surviving Nam...And THAT is all he wanted out of his people...

flgurleygrlflgurleygrlover 13 years ago
lIke it!

Great beginning! Good chemistry. However, what's that expression, "Don't shit where you eat."

Wondering how this will work out!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Dry opinion

Strong and confident with a bit of passion. Loved it!

RePhilRePhilalmost 13 years ago
Praise the female writers

No writer can touch a mans heart as completely as a

Lady writer. I haven idea why maybe the emotions point of view who knows. But you FK did a wonderful job with this story. So much so I'm on my way to your library to read some more of your stories. BTW thanks for sharing your stories with us

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
:)

OMG please write more!!! I'm addicted!!! I NEED to read more.

AmebedeAmebedealmost 12 years ago
Oh boy.

This is the third or fourth time I have read this story, and it still one of my favorites. When Daniel tells Clara to shut up and then kisses her, I swear I nearly swoon every time. One of the sexiest first kisses, ever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Awesome!

This is the second story of yours I am reading. You are a great story teller. I like the fact that you give the story a story line. It makes the story believable, relatable and imagineable. Have you considered writing a full book? You'd make a good romance author. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Is this really how women think?

Sexual harassment. Hostility. Rudeness. Insults. But it's OK because he's cute?

Women say that men are shallow....

fanfarefanfarealmost 10 years ago
good question

The previous commentator asked if this is how women actually think. Hell, I ain't got no better clue then then any other male!

I think the way I could articulate an opinion is, consider that this author - firstkiss - mainly seems to write, to create for the Romantic genre. The audience for that category looks for a comfortable level of eroticism and personal interaction. They want emotional displays, even conflict more then a simple description of physical mechanics.

Please note that I am NOT being gender specific. When I want to read Romance I probably 'want' within 80 to 90% exactly what women want to read.

I think that this author's imagineering and craftsmanship are exemplary for Modern Urban Romantic fiction.

Which is a big relief to me as a historian, considering how much poor quality, poorly researched and poorly plotted Historical Romantic fiction there is on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Is this really how women think?

Women like to be controlled... they like having the sense of a man being strong and making them scared once in a while they way that Daniel does in this story.... its normal... not to say that a woman being a bit more dominate isnt but most of the time a woman would die to have this happen to her... probably why there is 10 or more parts

rlh100rlh100over 9 years ago
Sexual fantasy -vs- sexual desire

The folks at pleasuremechanics.com make a useful distinction between sexual fantasy and sexual desire.

Sexual fantasy can be anything you want including sexual harassment because it is all in your mind or the mind of someone you choose to share it with.

Sexual desires on the other hand are sexual acts and sexual behavior that you want bring into your actual love life.

It is one thing to enjoy the fantasy of being sexually harassed and sexually dominated. I suspect it is a rather common fantasy in both sexes. It is quite a different thing to actually experience sexual harassment that does not respect your personal boundaries. Most women find unwanted sexual attention upsetting, disturbing and threatening.

Fantasy -vs- desire. A useful way to help organize my thoughts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
piddling

Hope it does get better. Don't like investing time reading and find it is junk.

2*

roveroneroveroneover 6 years ago
Notice last comment well before this huge overdue blow-up with Weinstein, Louis, Ratner, etc...

Loving the tight story but...letting the Dragon impose and take her much more than Franken did to the DJ, tho Franken much more fleeting and presumably no tongue, than this story...

Sure hope she proves herself his equal and just not give it/herself up-makes him prove he's worthy, got to work for it, not just take it...

Looking forward to following chapters...

sissiboosissibooover 6 years ago
Rings False

What the hell kind of name is 'Kovacs' No Canadian would say that, we don't think that way. We're a nation of immigrants and we know it. We know it, and we remember the Hungarian revolution and the immigrants who came to Canada as a result. I suppose if you were an ignorant doofus, or an American you might say something as racist as that......

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Disgusting

Had to stop reading half way through 1st page.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
well done...

but malapropisms:.

“criticism from Daniel was practically a complement.” Fix the typo, please.

"No criticism from Daniel was practically a complement." Not a typo, as i see now.

"his almost complement or his closeness." nail in the coffin. just confusing the homonyms. surprised you missed this one.

story ok nonetheless. look up the homonyms, please!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userfirstkiss@firstkiss
A lot has changed since I began writing on this site 16 years ago as a wet-behind-the-ears 20-something — met an amazing partner, got married, started a business, and became a mom. Life with a kid underfoot doesn’t exactly make for much free time for sexy writing. I still da...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories