All Comments on 'I Want To Be In Love'

by HLD

Sort by:
  • 88 Comments
Paniolo BoyPaniolo Boyabout 15 years ago
I can relate ......

Being a 3rd generation, 'sansei', your reflections on the traditional and cultural imprinting rang so true to my own upbringing. Even though my parents were thoroughly americanized by the time that we kids came along, there were so many things said, expectations communicated, and behavior traits hammered home that we might as well have been first generation. Case in point; the need to succeed was so firmly ingrained into our psyche that my brother, sister and I all married late in life. Neither my brother nor sister have any kids and I have the only grandchild in the family. Why? The drive to have a successful career was a top priority. Makes it difficult on relationships.

My first wife was a sansei just like me. I'm lucky that we had a reasonably good life but we realized fairly early on that our marriage was more a matter of convenience. We were good friends but not necessarily in love. So we parted amicably.

I then met my lovely wife Nikki several years later. Nikki is originally from Korea and brings with her another rich cultural background. And yes, she's driven to a fault also. However her drive is to be the best wife and mother that she can be.

I'm fortunate to have met her as her love for me and our daughter knows no boundaries. Love is something so precious that once I experienced it, I wanted more and did all I could to keep what I have.

The stoic asian psyche can be mysterious to some. However give me a wife who looks forward to giving and receiving love every moment of the day and I show you true happiness in a couple.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Wonderful

Nicely written and very sexy.

CharlieZhCharlieZhabout 15 years ago
Great job...

This story was excellent but... I liked the prequel (is that the right term?) better.

Still a very good story. It seemed kinda dry at parts and felt kinda rushed at other parts. Trying to cover such a large span of time in a single story may have been stretching it.

Good job!

zfammezfammeabout 15 years ago
nice sequel.

thanks for writing one. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
As always, WOW!!!

I love a guy who can actually write. Please keep it up and do not make your fans wait so long between stories. By the way, nice touch with McKayla.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Fantastic

You do great work, and this is another example.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Hurray!

I was wondering how they got to the airport married at the end of the last one, great work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
lives up to its promise ...

a sequel as good as the first. maybe better because i already knew how it would end. thanks for the great story.

JackWoodyJackWoodyalmost 15 years ago
Good writing.

Please keep going!!

northlandernorthlanderover 13 years ago
A beautiful story

An excellent story of two cultures becoming one, with absolutely believable plot lines. I just found your stories and certainly the romance can be very favourably compared with a number of well published romance authors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Wonderful Story

Bravo! You write a dynamite love story! I have enjoyed many of yours

Please continue

Senrab13Senrab13over 13 years ago
Loved it!

Your stories always bring me back for a second or third read. This was no exception. Great stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Thank you

Simply wonderful. I married a Japanese girl who rocked my world, long ago. I wouldn't change a thing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Great Stuff!!!

I'd give it at least 20 srars if

I could...and this goes for both parts. You made the relationship the real story...not the sex alone. Pls keep writlng.

ambush184ambush184almost 13 years ago
Liked it

Really good story, I liked it a lot. As least as well as Some Things were meant to Be. Filled in the blanks nicely.

kansasjackkansasjackover 12 years ago
Wouldn't it be nice

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone could share and experience true love like this? Great story.

Jack

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Well......

Don't quite like stories with loser guys........kind of reminds me of the past.......but its strictly my opinion thuogh......its not about your writing.

TalonsreachTalonsreachover 12 years ago
Another great story by a master storyteller

I especially liked the inclusion of McKayla in this story. The McKayla's Miracle trilogy is still my favorite of all the Lit stories and to have this as part of that universe is especially touching and appreciated.

Paniolo BoyPaniolo Boyover 12 years ago
You truly understand the asian woman mystique....

Loved the series. Coming from a psuedo asian life and married to an asian woman, I have to say that you have Melanie Nakamura's psyche right on the button. Those that are driven are almost fanatical about achieving what they want. And, they tend to keep their emotions all bottled up until it reaches boiling point. It took my wife more than four years before she could say that she loved me, then she couldn't say it enough.

Good job. Like your writing very much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Excellent

that was an excellent sequel, keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Commercial lending is actually doing well

It's not flashy, but it's consistently profitable even in this hoor of an economy. It's unlikely that a successful commercial lender would find herself laid off. But that's a small point, the main point is the romance, and that's wonderfully done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

i really liked how you structured this story as a continuation of the first one but from her point of view. In particular I really liked seeing the ending told from her view point. talk about symmetry! and of course, the sex was as hot as we've come to expect. my personal favorite? the part where she "shows" him how big he is compared to her ex. that was awesome! keep writing

sparknclasssparknclassover 11 years ago
Almost perfect.

Very enjoyable read. Nice mix of story and sex.

The ONLY thing that turned me off was Kevin surfing for porn. That takes the shine off his character for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Woah!

Well done, I loved how you had elements from a bunch of your stories! It's amazing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Thanks

Thank you for your delightful story of Kevin and Melanie. The characters are well developed and your writing style is very readable. These two characters are among my favorites. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
good story

Surfing porn while your wife blows you? Good thinking!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Wonderful love story! And with really hot sex!

My favorite part was, "With every ounce of my being, I tried to hold on to that feeling. You know the one: There's one person in the world you want with you all the time. All you feel is bliss. Life can't get any better. And you're as close to that special someone as you can possibly be." If we all could be so lucky to find that special someone and be wise enough to realize that that being with that special someone truely is what is really important in life like Melanie finally realized... Everything else (kids, work, our ego) just falls naturally into place.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Lovely

Another lovely story and I don't think Kevin watching porn is bad , I watch porn with my hubby ;) it's sexy and naughty

carbinemastercarbinemasterover 10 years ago
touching

This, combined with the prequel, is easily one of the top 5 most touching stories in Literotica's Romance section! I loved the sex scenes - don't get me wrong - but the real attraction is the obvious love between them. Seriously good stuff! Oh, by the way, my wife and I watch porn together. It's provided inspiration for a world of different things to try together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I laughed, I wept, I smiled..... great story

Damn that was good reading.

Jen

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 10 years ago
Superb stories

I truly enjoyed reading your "Some Things Are Meant to Be" and "I Want To Be In Love" stories. Too bad I couldn't reward you with ten stars--so five will have to do. Thanks for posting them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
One of the best stories on Literotica

It's hard to express just how much I enjoyed reading the two halves of this story. The developing relationship between Kevin and Melanie felt like intense foreplay, leading up to the climax as they finally came together as a new family. The sex scenes were all beautifully written - with powerful emotions and yet such tenderness in the touch. A perfect story - one that lights the fire, lifts the spirit and leaves a lovely warm feeling at the end. Thank you so much for creating it for us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
True Love

Two of the best stories on this site.True love never dies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Damn; you did it again, only cried Once, but laughed & smiled much more

Thank you, thank you, thank you (added to my All-Time Fav Stories as well & you're all ready there as an All-Time Fav Author)

DKP

Now on to McKeyla's trilogy thanks to recent comments here!!

chocolatesistachocolatesistaover 10 years ago
heartwarming

i wish that there was more but i loved all of it nonetheless.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Compared to the first chapter this one dragged on and on!

I liked the first part of this story about how they met, but this part just dragged on and on with Melanie not being able to make up her mind. After awhile it got repetitious and I started to lose interest in the story. For a strong person that had to control everything, she couldn't tell her ass from hole in the ground when it came to her feelings for Kevin. Towards the end I lost respect for her character and it tainted my view of the story and I could only give this part a "3". It was ok but not great.

Lonewolf2013

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
What a joy to read.

This is a very good well constructed story. I just like "Impersonating Brianne" better.

George in Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
TYPE A PEOPLE ARE LIKE THAT FINALLY SHE ADMITTED SHE LOVED KEV

SUCH A ROMANIC STORY. IT TOOK 18 YEARS BUT HE FINALLY GOT THE WOMAN HE LOVED. I HAVE READ PARTS 1 AND 2 NUMEROUS TIMES AND THEY JUST GET BETTER. HERE SETS AN OLD COWBOY FFROM TEXAS WITH TEARS RUNNING DOWN HIS FACE AFTER AGAIN READING THIS TRUE LOVE STORY/ MEL JUST COULD NOT GIVE UP THAT TYPE A PERSON THAT SHE WAS FINALLY SHE BENT SOME AND CAME TO REALISE THAT KEV WAS THE BEST THING TO COME BACK INTO HER LIFE. NOT ENOUGH STARS SO LETS SAY 5 PLUS AND YES IT IS IN MY BEST FAVORITES.

OK I HAVE TO ASK DO YOU HAVE A FOLLOW UP STORY ON MEL AND KEV AND THERE LIFE AFTER THERE BABY IF SO WHAT IS THE NAME OF IT. IF NOT YOU SHOULD WRITE ONE OR MORE ABOUT THEM.

RON SOUTH TEXAS

niestarniestarover 9 years ago
love it

I loved the story.good storline which is well plotted.great work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
REALLY GOOD STORY THEY WERE MENT TO BE TOGETHER

REALLY GOOD STORY READ IT NUMEROUS TIMES IN MY FAVORITE A LIST.

SO NOW KEV FINALLY HAS HIS LOVE AND THEY FIT TOGEATHER. I LIKE IT WHEN MEL ASKED HIM ABOUT KIDS AND HE SAID ONLY IF SHE WAS THERE MOTHER AND HE LIKED WOMEN WITH KIDS THEY PUT OUT. THAT KARMA SURE GETS AROUND AND I LIKED THAT McKalya was in it if only for a short bit.

Ron Texas

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
ONE OF THE MOST HEART FELT STORIES

THIS STORY HAD A LOT OF DIFFERENT ASPECTS TO IT. MEL KNEW SHE LOVED KEV BUT HAD TO MAKE SURE THAT SHE COULD MAKE IT ON HER OWN(TYPE A PERSON). THEY LOVED EACH OTHER UNCONDITIONALLY MEL JUST COULD NOT ADMIT IT TO HERSELF OR KEV. I HAVE READ SOME THINGS ARE MENT TO BE AND I WANT TO BE IN LOVE NUMEROUS TIMES AND I NEVER GET TIRED OF READING THEM. I KNOW THAT MEL AND KEV APPEAR IN OTHER STORIES BUT JUST A CAMEO APPERANCE. IT WOULD BE NICE IF YOU HAD ANOTHER STAND ALONE STORY ABOUT MEL AND KEV.

RON TEXAS cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
beautiful story

good guys (and gals) can win.

karma neh?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
KARMA

YEP IT WAS KARMA THAT BROUGHT THEM TOGETHER ALONG WITH A VERY BAD SNOW STORM. KEV ASK FOR ONE NIGHT WITH MELANIE AND GOT A LIFETIME (LUCK GUY). GREAT LOVE STORY IN MY FAVORITES.

RON TEXAS COWBOYRIDECC@YAHOO.COM

OldfatanduglyOldfatanduglyover 9 years ago
Third read...

And it's still one of my favorite stories on Lit; And so far, the ONLY one I've read three times!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
VERY GOOD LOVE STORY

FRIENDS FINALLY BECOME LOVERS THAN HUSBAND AND WIFE. TRUE LOVE.

RON TEXAS cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
MY #1 FAVORITE 2 PART STORY

THEY WERE MENT TO BE TOGETHER MELANIE JUST DID NOT KNOW IT UNTIL NOW. I LOVE THE WAY PART( 1) SOME THINGS ARE MENT TO BE STARTS OUT WITH A CHANCE MEETING AND PART (2) I WANT TO BE IN LOVE WORKS AND WINDS ITS WAY THRU HOPE LOVE AND DESIRE. HIS MOTHER KNEW HE WAS IN LOVE WITH HER AND HER MOM KNEW THAT SOMETHING GOOD WAS HAPPINING TO HER DAUGHTER.OH YES IN MY FAVORITES IN FACT MY # 1 FAVORITE.

RON TEXAS

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
GETS BETTER EACH TIME

The two stories just get better each time I read them and now you have given McKayla a camo role (thats McKayla's Miracle she is so hot she turned Amberle). I love your stories.

Ron Texas cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

JasonRTaylorJasonRTayloralmost 9 years ago
Fanatic details!

As usual your stories continue to make me smile, thanks for sharing your time and talent!

Jason

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
FANTASTIC

This story is a real heart tugger. It is in my favorites and I have read it many times. Kevin and Melanie just jump off of the page. He is so in love with her and she knows it but the A type person that she is control is her middle name she is afraid to admit it but when she does she gives 150%. A great story.

Ron Texas

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
SEE I Told you so

It was just as good as( Some Things Are Ment To Be). Kevin got the Love of his life and Melanie got her soul mate although at first she let that stubborn A type personality take over but the laid back guy that loved her beyond any means that she could phantom won her.

In my favorites I don't know how many times that I have read it but Kev and Mel just come to life on the pages.

Ron Texas

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
they overcame

culture and tradition

in order to be with the one they love

I am sure it was worth the wait!

thalt992000thalt992000over 8 years ago
Love it

Love this story and pretty much all of yours hope your still writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Love The Story

You have to read story #1 Some Things Are Meant To Be before this one. Love that Kevin waited all his life for Melanie. A true love story. Yes it is in my favorites and I read it often.

Ron

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Just As Good As First. Read

Was it Fate, karma or just Dumb Luck that Kevin and Melanie meet up again 18 years later stranded in an airport because of a very bad snow storm? I guess each one of us that reads the two stories can form our opinion on what brought them together again. I choose all three. Fate,Karma but most of all Dumb. Luck. Melanie had some slight bumps when letting her A type personality take control but easy going head over heels in love (Kevin) won the woman that he had loved for so long. Knowing that she loved Kevin but for the longest time could not say it. Yes in my favorites and I have read the stories many times.

Ron

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

rightbankrightbankalmost 8 years ago
had to come back for a 2nd visit

One follow up question

who won the pool?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
The. Best

The best love story. Kevin and Melanie in love one of my very favorites.

Ron

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

J_RReaderJ_RReaderalmost 8 years ago
Took its time

Just finished both parts, the story took its time but was well worth reading.

SigfriedSigfriedalmost 8 years ago
Agree

I heartedly agree with the others below that these 2 stories are well worth a second (or a third) read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Finally

Finally they got together. Kevin had loved Melanie for so long. A beautiful love story and in my favorites. These A type personally can be a pain but she was worth it.

Ron/ cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A very good read

Love finally realized it just took 18 years but he got the woman of his dreams. Great Start

Ron/ cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

Bookworm1962Bookworm1962over 7 years ago
Brilliant completion

I have a thing where if I am not going to give a story five stars, I don't give it a rating at all. I liked "Some Things Are Meant To Be" but I didn't rate it because it had a very abrupt ending. This story completes the first part brilliantly , and as soon as I am finished typing this note, I will give it five stars, and then go back and give the first part five stars. Wonderful characters , interesting dynamics, and very hot sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Pride

always a good way to ruin relationships. Pride can be a good thing but when a person has too much, I think they are stupid. Let the shit go, its not important. I lost most of my respect for Mel in this part 2. It actually made the entire story overall less enjoyable because of her bullshit. And that is all it was. Self doubts, self lies, and bullshit.

Part 1 with the ending letting me know that they got together is the ONLY reason i was able to tolerate this to the end. Even so I wouldn't give this half the rating of part 1.

The story was well written, props to the author for that. I just dislike where the plot went in this. I would have been better off sticking to only part 1.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great Story

Enjoyable read and engaging plot. I do want to point out that putting your kids (or anyone for that matter) before your spouse is a recipe for disaster. Trust me, I know this all too well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great Story Both Of Them

He waited he loved her and she in turn loved him it just took her being an A type personally time to realize it. In my favorites read many times.

Ron/ cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great story!

Nerd gets HS cheerleader 20 years later! Match made in heaven!

LA Cajun guy!

19pvc4419pvc44about 7 years ago
Plausable

This is what makes good stories 'great'!

Great characters, an enduring story.

5*

19pvc44

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Do They Get Any Better

I have not found a story that can top these two only one comes very close. Finally. Mel gave in to true love and love won out. They just seem to jump off the pages at you as you read it. The geek and the popular girl together at last. So did you ever decide about what brought them together in that airport stranded by the snow storm. Was it fate, karma,dumb luck or fate that they should meet like this after 17 years. I know what I think. 5* plus and in my favorites.

Ron/cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketalmost 7 years ago
Second reading

A top tier story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Very Nice Story

Both parts. I loved it. 5 Stars.

Buddy1945Buddy1945over 6 years ago
They just don't any better

The nerd finally winds up with the popular girl that he had loved from afar for so long. Just a very good story just one other is close. Tell me did you ever think about what put them together stranded by a snow storm in an airport. Was it just luck, something that was ment to be or Karma. I know what I think. In my favorites numerous reads. 5 stars plus.

Ron

Horseman68Horseman68almost 6 years ago
Two of the Best.

These two great stories about Mel and Kev are such a satisfying reads. Combined with "Impersonating Brianne" by this author, they are two of the best romance stories I have read on this site. Thank you for the pleasures.

anonymousinblueanonymousinbluealmost 6 years ago
I don't get it

Doesn't he deserve a little better? Thoughts like, "I'll kill you" are not loving or respectful. Neither is envisioning your mate as a worthless bum. She was right, she didn't really want him, and it's not going to end well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thanks

Loved both stories. Easy reading and heart warming. Keep up the good work and keep your fans smiling.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
As good as it gets

Well Kevin finally got the woman he had loved for so long and she loved him in return. It was a great part 2 . This is one of my favorite love stories . Keep up the good work .

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com aka. Ron

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang1955over 4 years ago
5☆

I am happy about part 2..

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Kevin deserves better

Seriously, why carry a torch for a girl who didn't give you the time of day and fucked the cool bad boys in high school and university.

Seriously, Kevin could and should have done better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Commentators should read the whole story.

To the last anonymous, if you had read part 1, you would have known that she did NOT fuck the bad boys, that she was a virgin when she married for the first time, and that Kevin was only her second lover (the first being her first husband).

This is a lovely romance.

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

After reading part one of this magnificent love story I was pleasantly surprise to find this story that completed this love saga. It is well written with great characters and It definitely is of the the best romance stories that I have read here on Literotica so far. Definitely 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Very Good Story

I enjoyed both parts of it very much. I never had much doubt about Kevin and Melanie getting together, and probably married, but it was the way the author told the tale that made it such a good story. I did wonder about one little thing though. When Melanie saw how much money Kevin was worth, her ‘jaw dropped’. And that’s what I wondered about. Just how much money is jaw-dropping money these days? Two million? Five, or ten million? I would think it have be at least 10 mil., maybe even 15. I know a million seems like a lot of money, and it is, but with prices so high these days, and this economy, I don’t think that’s F. U. money any more. Oh well, maybe I just have too much time on my hands. But like I said, very good story.

awr75bsawr75bsover 2 years ago

I very much liked both stories. The "mystery" of "will they or won't they" was excellent. It kept the reader hoping... yes, they will... but never knowing for sure. I really enjoyed when Kevin finally took charge. Excellent!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I think I was smiling throughout this read. Dammit you are good at your craft..! I think your writing moved me as much as a really good piece of music, real powerful. BRAVO..!

alexwatson62alexwatson62over 2 years ago

Only one word is apt for BOTH stories in this mini series:- OUTSTANDING!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story telling - I read the two stories from Kevin’s & Melanie’s perspective and I was increasingly drawn into the heartbreakingly poignant world of these two normal but slightly flawed people. Would be great if a sequel was in the pipeline. Maybe too much to hope! 5*. Thanks, Roger from New Zealand

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Two very nice stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thoroughly enjoyed both sides of the story. (For those who haven't, you should read "Somethings are meant to be")

A rare 5 stars from me.

Happy Frank

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I enjoyed the overall story, but honestly Melanie was mean to him, if the roles were reversed everyone would say the guy was an asshole. Also I don’t like it when characters are just so perfect and loving, because human beings are flawed, we have egos, so a guy being this way, feels unrealistic, because she hasn’t given him any reasons for him to be so desperately in love. Melanie is really flawed on the other hand, barely having any redeeming qualities. She’s just not nice. Also her saving herself for her husband but having lesbian sex in highschool? I’m the 90s!!! When it was taboo? Doesn’t make sense.

The whole thing about her “being the prettiest girl in school”, mmm ok, you’re telling me that in America in 1991 the prettiest girl in school (according to everyone) was an Asian girl? Sorry I’m not buying it, racism in America is crazy, in my country of origin interracial relationships are so common, yet no one says anything about them, there isn’t even a term such as “interracial marriage” because no one cares enough to point it out, so in America where there’s such a race problem and they even have to point out the thing about interracial couples, you’re telling me the Asian nerdy girl was the prettiest girl in 1991? When they weren’t even woke at the time, Yeah right!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 2 months ago

I couldn't find a comment but I remember reading and enjoying it very much!

5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHLD@HLD
2971 Followers
2/12/22 All 10 parts of "Super Friends With Benefits" have now been posted. This has been an interesting story to write. I started this as a stroke story with a little bit of a new angle I haven’t written before, but then a love story broke out. Along the way, I chose to ...