All Comments on 'I Want to Hold Your Hand'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 140 Comments
Avalanche2015Avalanche2015over 2 years ago

Awesome! A very enjoyable read, nice to have you back to submitting your work for us to be entertained by. When are you going to have the LiR sequel ready for us,? So looking forward to it and seeing all the characters as they grow in life. Take care and be well.../A

abboncabboncover 2 years ago

I liked the story, but I feel you could have included a para or two on how Holden and his cronies were dealt with.

Snowman7511Snowman7511over 2 years ago
Nice story

Loved the story but wish it was a little longer and told how Holden and his cronies were dealt with.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm sorry but you lost me at the bullet in the back part. Are his nerves dead? He went to sleep with a bullet, or piece of glass, in his back? Do you have any idea how painful either one of those things would be especially if you moved around or put pressure on them?

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

A very enjoyable read. I know it is fiction and presented in your world but you do not do anyone any favors having a police officer shoot two armed suspects deliberately in the shoulder. I feel very comfortable saying there are no competent firearms instructors teaching to wound in a gunfight.

I would also like to add my sincere thanks for all the enjoyable hours your efforts have provided.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 2 years ago

Really good story, Great ending!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Like this tale! Goes to show, things are not always what they seem - communication is paramount! 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I realize that a short story can't have too much character or plot development, and while I enjoyed reading this, I have to say it seemed a bit choppy. What I mean by that is there was a lot of - they did this, and then they did this, and then this happened. It just didn't seem to develop a natural flow. Also, Dave was Dave, and then he was Steve, and then Dave again. Sorry - nitpicking.

Wh00sherWh00sherover 2 years ago

Great story. Wish you'd added another few paragraphs to wrap it up a bit better about Holden.

Omart57Omart57over 2 years ago

Fantastic story, HDK! You never disappoint! Great ending!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Seemed more like creepy sexual harassment than romance

Storm113Storm113over 2 years ago

Can I give this 10 stars instead of just 5? Outstanding

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved the story but felt it wasn't complete. Hope you will add some additional chapters to it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Author worked to hard to create drama for the end. The ballplayer didn't know her name when she asked him to sign her yearbook but suddenly she's lying for no reason to meet him for dinner. If he wanted to make a donation to the police department, how the hell does he even know she's a cop? She doesn't know him, why is she kissing on him? How come there is no mention that his fiancé is sitting with them? Till then the story was sweet if not plausible. But the ending really turned it to shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very good story, it made me cry when Dave saw Kate kissed the Justin's cheek. Then the end was wellplayed out, this could be a rom-com or chick flick on the tv.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 2 years ago
Great Story

And very timely subtheme. Appreciated the little twist at the end - great finish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thanks for writing! What a fun read. Light hearted story with serious scenes mixed in. Shades of LiR in the charcters and Kate's dad giving Dave part of "the talk". Hope you are inspired to continue the story. To the anons, its fiction just enjoy it.

CagivagurlCagivagurlover 2 years ago

Always good too see a new story by the master of romance. A very pleasurable read. I enjoyed the characters, I thought they were well developed and the sory evolved at a nice pace. Thank you for a great story.

Five stars...

Cagivagurl

TimcutyourshitTimcutyourshitover 2 years ago

Had that LADY IN RED vibe

sdc97230sdc97230over 2 years ago
Seconding abbonc's comment

Anyone who actually pays attention to current events knows that a promise of an investigation into police misconduct is worthless. We needed to see Holden and his buddies actually stripped of their badges and behind bars for assault.

MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMadover 2 years ago

Nice fun romance. The whole bad cop ending was unsurprising. It had a lot of errors in it, probably needed one more editing sweep. I liked the ending. All in all, I give it 5 stars. Even with the mistakes and predictability it was still better than 95% of the stories on this site. Thanks.

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

Good, happy read. Bit of a mix up over Dave's name which was a shame. Possibly the plotline a little easy to guess but loved the fiery nature of Kate and the slap leading to a kiss situations.

Lector77Lector77over 2 years ago

That was good. I even enjoyed some of the typos and novel orthography.

“ I saw your name on the plague the year we won the state title.”

Thanks.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 2 years agoAuthor

The plague? A pox upon my house! That is funny, if pretty dumb. I will correct it for future reference. Thanks for reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

your usually better than this

how come you mailed in this by the numbers thing

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 2 years ago

Sick nasty story, Mr. Knight. Thank you for posting. Eagerly awaiting your next. Randi.

stev2244stev2244over 2 years ago

Wow. Who knew our HDK is such a great romantic? Action, tension, romance, a happy ending. As much as it pains me to say, this one had it all. Well done, man.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 2 years ago

Very enjoyable story, with the traffic stop and the ending with the parents being great and humorous highlights. I really liked how they worked together to make their relationship grow and how a bit of realism was included when they had their mixups near the end with the baseball player and Holden and had to understand and work things out. That happens. One little thing that seemed a bit off was when Kate took down the armed robbers. Police (and those in self defense courses) are taught to shoot to center of mass to stop the threat rather than trying to disarm Lone Ranger-style. Small point in a big and enjoyable tale. Great job!

amyyumamyyumover 2 years ago

Oh youi old softie; Romance again, huh? When are yoiu going back to cheating wives? (ha, ha).

Loved it, 5*

HemmingswayHemmingswayover 2 years ago

Great job HDK! My only nitpick is that the Star baseball player scene/angle felt too contrived.

mithanialmithanialover 2 years ago

That was a fun read. Had the beats of some of your longer stories but in a much more abbreviated form. As I was reading I thought we had the beginnings of a more adult new girl in town, or more local version of the Lady in Red. :) (I know one of those isn't yours.)

Still fun read and looking forward to the 2021 chapter of LIR. :)

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 2 years ago

Good story. Best of the event

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 2 years ago

A romantic side to HDK? Who knew? Well-done.

Hooked

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

Excellent story, worthy of 25 stars but I'll ghive you 5 BIG FATS STARS instead! Thank you for the story. Well expected from a great Author, Thank you!

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

Good romance, but could/should have had a little longer finish.

penneydog55penneydog55over 2 years ago

Great Scott Marty I've just read another HDK Romance! What do we do Doc? I know Marty You go into the future a get the next Story. What to save Mankind Doc? No Marty to cure My Impatient Mind!

5 Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

juanwildonejuanwildoneover 2 years ago

Great story - loved the back and forth dialogue. To say nothing of the correct finale of any Literotica story in the Romance category…a happy ending! (at least it should be once mom, dad, and sis make their exit)

Keep ‘Em coming.

anubeloreanubeloreover 2 years ago

Loved everything but the "careful shot in the shoulder". That (1) doesn't actually work, because there are plenty of places in the shoulder where getting shot will kill you just as effectively as anywhere else (2) it's a stupid risk because if you miss you may hit someone else, and the gunman is still armed and shooting (3) they were literally shooting at people in an attempt to murder them! There's a reason the rule is to aim for center-mass. "Shooting them in the (leg, shoulder, etc)" is for movies, tv, and trick shooting. If a police officer tried that in a situation like the one described, he or she would deserve to be fired, at best, and jailed, at worst. When lives are on the line, you don't take chances.

Still five stars, loved the story, it's just that whole, tired trope bugs the hell out of me. Guns aren't magic, and cops aren't Doc Holliday, Annie Oakley, the Waco kid, or Buffalo Bill.

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensover 2 years ago

Superb! Always great to read a new story from you, HDK!

QBikkQBikkover 2 years ago

A masterpiece, likeable characters, interesting story, very well written. Thanks for sharing your talent

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was NOT up to your usual standards. Everything was just contrived.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What I love about a HDK story is there is never a wasted word. Another example here. Great story telling with humor, emotion, believable dialog and a happy ending. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Please keep the names straight in your stories.

dunmovynivdunmovynivover 2 years ago

Well if there were names crossed, I didn’t notice it. That just means the plot was very engaging. 5 stars

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

I have mixed emotions on the dealings with the college kids. While I sympathize with her desire to not put them in jail or give them a criminal record, three college-age men plying high school girls with alcohol isn't a minor offense.

\

I'm certainly no expert, but from everything I've read, when confronting armed men, especially more than one, you don't simply shoot to disarm, you go for center mass.

\

Holden is a bully with a gun, who has found out that a fair confrontation isn't going to work. You knew that something was going to happen

\

I thought the ending was a little abrupt, and the situation with Bascom needed more resolution. She said she was meeting "some friends," but was instead meeting the guy that "didn't even know her name" and kissing him on the cheek. As Anonymous said, there was no reason for her to lie except to create drama. That warrants some mistrust. SouthernCrossfire, I didn't find the bit with Bascom realistic at all. Still five BIG stars.

Judge6901Judge6901over 2 years ago

Another great story from the master

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very enjoyable story.

coder0504coder0504over 2 years ago
Nicely done!

Great job - well-deserved 5 stars!

ForensicFossilForensicFossilover 2 years ago

Never Understood Name Confusion Events

I have never understood how name switch events get through even the most cursory editing. The name confusion jerks me immediately out of a story and I take it as a sign of disrespect to the audience and the writing craft itself.

I get how they happen with cut and paste techniques and multiple stories written at the same time, but don't authors and editors read these pieces at least as carefully as a casual reader like myself?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Enjoyable, if predictable. The bad cop thing is always good for raising the tension. The star sportsman was just Hallmark space-filling.

If any other Americans share HDK's belief that Afghanistan is in the Middle East it sure explains a lot of recent history.

Davester37Davester37over 2 years ago

This was a sweet and enjoyable story, but it’s a bit of contrived fantasy, for sure. Still, it was fun to read.

Thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 2 years ago

Classic. Loved it.

mac1729mac1729over 2 years ago

Another excellent tale from a very accomplished writer

EasyReader44EasyReader44over 2 years ago

Well written, enjoyable story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very nice story, but I hoped for a longer ending. They could excuse themselves and go to his room to have a longer discussion and apologize for their actions, and then make up. Then the next morning they could restart the family introductions and she could wear clothing from the overnight bag. There could be further discussion of the police department changes, and her promotion to Sgt. to help those changes occur. There could be discussion of the volleyball team and it success over the next few years. There could be further discussion of the current students and their successes at college and how they tie back to Dave. There could even be family and a wedding and everyone from town attending. 4.9 stars, just hoping there would be a longer ending.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 2 years agoAuthor

Afghanistan and the Middle East. "Modern definitions of South Asia are consistent in including Afghanistan, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives as the constituent countries. Afghanistan is, however, considered by some to be a part of Central Asia, Western Asia, or the Middle East." Or, "before World War 1, Afghanistan was considered to be part of the Middle East. Before the Ottoman Empire collapsed, the region was split into three blocks: the Middle East, Far East and Near East. The term the "Middle East" referred to the Turkmenistan, Central Asia, Afghanistan, the Caucasus, and Iran. " That said, many references state that Afghanistan is not considered part of the Middle East. We know where it is, but not always what the area is referenced. I was probably wrong, unless you were part of the Bush White House. I was not.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 2 years ago

Excellent story! I'm surprised you had never used this title before.

5

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesover 2 years ago

The great Romance stories locate the obstacles dividing the lovers internally. External obstacles usually come off as contrived, at least in stories set in the modern day when there is little in the way of social sanctions keeping couples apart (exception being incest).

.

Did Dave have to be such a paragon? Handsome, wise, brave, accomplished in hand-to-hand combat, beloved by his students? And Kate --- beautiful, smart, honest, loyal? And what keeps them (briefly) apart? A minor misunderstanding, soon dispelled.

.

A gentle, sweet, undramatic, forgettable story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Great job

Classic HDK, really enjoyed this story, it was light and cheery, just the type of thing you’d want to read at this type of year.

Thank you HDK for giving us this fun, little piece of your work. KS

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Literotica ate my co

ohioohioover 2 years ago

I can't believe Literotica ate my comment!

I posted several days ago, Goddamnit! I said that HDK is one of those true, natural-born storytellers. Some are, all too many are not. He knows how to hook the reader, draw us in, make us care about the characters and their problems, laugh at their witty remarks and the strange situations they find themselves in, and feel angry, relieved, or overjoyed with them, as the situation calls for. He is still the Master!

Thanks, ohio

Regguy69Regguy69over 2 years ago

Thanks HDK for a fun read. I have to agree with Ohio, your ability to engage the reader in such a shorty story is remarkable. If you’re not a professional writer, you should get an Agent today.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Ah yes a fun read and the bad guy gets beat up and the girl gets embarrassed showing up dressed for makeup sex in front of everyone! Great story with some lovely romance, there go my man points again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I blinked and the scene changed.

The pacing was terrible. Loved the beginning but as the story progressed, it took a nosedive.

Also, all characters were extremely one-dimensional. After the first page, my expectations were high but I'm sad to say that I'm disappointed.

PrivatePervPrivatePervover 2 years ago

5/5 Good short story that gives small town love story vibes and I really liked it but it felt so fast paced and lacked depth in my opinion. Also gave me the same feeling cliché hallmark movies do where the characters say witty one liners and everything just works out without the characters doing much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Explain to me why she canceled the date with Dave when she was meeting a couple for dinner? Wouldn’t it have made more sense for her to ask him along to make it even, unless she was expecting something else.to happen and why was he friend when you made the point of saying the baseball player didn’t know her at school and refused to sign her yearbook. This story has to many contradictions in it, which is disappointing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A really great “almost” complete story - as is pretty common place in many of your writings!!!!

This one really needs a grand finale ending chapter as there are soooo many loose ends that need to be and must be wrapped up!

We, your hopefully valued reader can base, are crying our for Chapter 2.

We need Holden prosecution and two other officers reprimanded, students and volleyball players to evolve, parents and families to meet and greet and support, the budding love to flourish into engagement and marriage and????? Then so much more!

Please, please, please save us from desperation, stress and what if’s!

We need you as much as you need us to respond with our superb and thankful feedback and sometimes sarcastic opinions. We live for it and we just know you do too.

Thank you again for an outstanding beginning and middle of a true ❤️ story that touched our hearts and souls.

SW

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another great short story from the Master.

I don't get why people seem to think they "need" more of this story.

This is the story of how they met and fell in love. Full stop, or period.

It's the story of the obstacles they had to overcome to get there.

Its not the story of how they got married, had kids, got promoted and grew old together.

Its a short story.

And being a short story some elements of writing stories need to be sacrificed.

eg Creating multi dimensional characters. You cannot have all the features of a novel in a short story.

HDK is a master of short stories, usually with an unexpected humourous kink at the end. That's his thing. That's what he does. That's what he excels at.

He can also write excellent full length novels like Lady In Red. He demonstrates in that that he can write full plotted life long stories using multi facetted characters he has created.

As a non writer I can only guesstimate the amount of time that goes into such a vast undertaking like that. The amount of planning, writing, deleting, rewriting, searching for the exact right word or bit of technical information must be astronomical.

Then there is the emotional toll, the disappointment when what is being written just does not work out. All that work and effort wasted. Back to the drawing board. Start again, carry on. Edit. Re edit. And re edit.

So thank you Mr Knight.

A R W

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story concept, though the ending was a little abrupt. I also think there were places throughout where it felt like there were gaps in the story. Fleshing it out more and perhaps splitting into chapters could have turned a good story into a great one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good until the non-ending. What happened to the cops that beat him up? What happened when she meet his parents and sister? What happened to the volleyball team?

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

Very good story! As people were asking for more justice at the end… I don’t know. I was still very happy with this story as is. A very good read! Well-written and thoroughly enjoyable. Thank-you for this!

Frenchy47manFrenchy47manover 2 years ago

Feel good story. Bully gets it in the end. Guy gets Girl and it flows very well.

Thanks.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkabout 2 years ago

Only problem with this story is that it ended. Thanks for sharing.

WillowghbyWillowghbyabout 2 years ago
Almost Melodrama

...but don't you love it when the good guys are clearly really good and the bad guys are clearly really bad? A beautifully paced story, well written, with lots of admirable characters. Mix in some typical HDK humor and enjoy!

Keep 'em comin'.

TechumsahTechumsahabout 2 years ago

One of the best I have read in awhile. Thank you.

TangomoreTangomoreabout 2 years ago

Probably one of the best stories I've read here. Great all around writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Keep on writing! You have a gift.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

More, please.

ErotFanErotFanabout 2 years ago

Another great story HDK. You are an unending font of interesting stories and can be a funny guy at times. I'm not sure why, but I felt some of the early dialogue sounded stilted and unnatural to the main characters. I appreciated the inclusion of the elder brother and elder sister into the story. They fleshed out the family feel and added that little bit extra to the tale.

Zaccheaus93Zaccheaus93about 2 years ago

It's similar to lady in red. I love it ,and I want more!!!!

Zaccheaus93Zaccheaus93about 2 years ago

Like a condensed first few chapters of lady I red

Explorer72211Explorer72211about 2 years ago

I have read a number of your stories. I have enjoyed most of them all are well written, but one, at least, was factually wrong on a number of levels—The Lady in Red. I understand they creativity of the writer, but the errors in our political system just jarred me. Nevertheless, I appreciate Hardsdsynight and gladly read her stories. One of the best writers here.

DG HearDG Hearabout 2 years ago

Very good story, That's why you are only one of a few on my favorite authors list.

With respect

DG Hear

littleone35littleone35about 2 years ago

Love it Really enjoyed the story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good but ended too quickly

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I agree with the comment from 6 days ago. It was good but ended too quickly, but I noticed several of your stories end that way!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A pretty good sort of a tale depicting some good in education systems along with some bad. Equally so in police departments where it has been my observation and experience, that the bullies grow up to be cops. It is unfortunate that not enough time and money is spent prior to the hiring and training in finding out what kind of man/woman is being considered for training as a Commissioned Law Enforcement Officer. In other words eliminate the 'pigs' before they are hired and trained. LP

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Meh, needs a proper ending or at least an epilogue. The rest of the story show that you have no idea how to write a romantic story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well done! I think the e ding was perfect, allowing the reader to "see a future" or you to have a sequel. The story shows the evolution of a"ro.antic" relationship and was well done. Just my opinion but I loved it. 5*

DP

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story until the skank Kissed Bascom at the restaurant, whether his gf was there or not!! Cunt Kate lied to Dave!!

WHY THE FUCK SHOULD DAVE APOLOGIZE TO THE CUNT KATE!! YOU REALLY FUCKED UP A GOOD STORY

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The restaurant stunt with Bascom and slut Kate really fucked a good story!! She was showing so much cleavage for a donation!! At the time the students or Dave would have noticed Bethany seated with Bascom!!

SLUT KATE SPOILED A GOOD STORY!!

THE END WITH THE CORRUPT AND THE CUNT KATE WAS INCOMPLETE AND RUSHED....NEEDED MORE SUBSTANCE

DuncanitaDuncanitaalmost 2 years ago

I loved the story, although the end seems and feels a bit rushed... the making up and meeting the sis and parents could have been longer...

MarrttyMarrttyover 1 year ago

Great story. Kelly lied her ass off, was not dressed right for a freinds meeting, lied and said she did not know they guy, and kissed him. He should have never apologized and made her publicly crawl a little. In front of her family and the students.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A great little Romance. 5/5 Absolutely no negative criticism. ...

I have to stop reading the comment. So often they make me sick. I often question if the commentators read the same story I read. The attacks on Kate indicate a complete lack of understanding the the Romance format which incudes some silly misunderstanding to make the main characters work to get back together. The kids even took responsibility for spreading the rumor as they thought they were helping their beloved teacher. The kiss with Justin? Well Kate knew his fiancé was sitting there. For some women a kiss on the cheek is a normal greeting and is in no way sexual. I was happily married to such a woman for 53 years, and never felt jealous.

We need to encourage good writers instead of tearing them apart. Personally it seems to me that the people that are so negative because they feel they are superior and their idea of the story is the only one that matters, and who cares what the author wrote and what he intended. Check recent negative comments and note they are either anaonymous or by non-authors.

Now for a real top ten author's take:

"Very good story, That's why you are only one of a few on my favorite authors list.

With respect, DG Hear"

End of discussion!

A Guest

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

SIMILAR Stories