All Comments on 'Ice Cream Man'

by DocWords

Sort by:
  • 63 Comments
phill1cphill1cover 3 years ago

trash...she cheated on you and you killed her.

Wow you're a wimp...

GrimmerGrimmerover 3 years ago

This needs, it just screams, to become a series.

Nice. Very nice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Это полное дно ! Сточная канава литэротики !

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

One stupid story.

SkubabillSkubabillover 3 years ago

Very tongue in cheek. I loved it.

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago

This reads like a summary of a story. What a coincidence that his wife met Mr Big. How did that happen? Only married 3 years, why did shd need to cheat? Was he not getting the job done? I'm not a great fan of really long stories but this could do with a bit of fleshing out.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

That was cold. I agree with the idea for a series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I like how realistic it is!

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 3 years ago

um sure makes perfect sense

The Parlor is an organization that is so secret even our top heads of state, the FBI, and the CIA don't know we exist.

You've probably seen or heard of our work. There are many books written about our missions and several movies.

RodimusMikeRodimusMikeover 3 years ago
Cold.Just.Cold.

I am aware cheating on your husband is morally wrong,but for ICM to declare Mary as an enemy who probably didn't know about Mr.A's crime ring,and basically blew his Wife up in yacht explosion is just wrong.Mary may have been a bitch for cheating but she didn't deserve to die so gruesomely and have her body parts scattered all over the ocean as fish chum.

This story is just vile,pure and simple.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

Awful. Seems like a poor ripoff of Saddletramps Camp series.

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 3 years ago

You go from one great story to one that is crap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The Ice Cream Parlor.

Sorry, but this James Bond stuff was just too far out there. Poorly developed, lacking in background or any other type of decent development it felt like you had a semblance of an idea, sat down at the word processor and banged this out in about 15 minutes. I noticed that you posted 2 stories today. Both were mediocre poker. Try and take more time with your stories. Write them, put them aside, think about them and then revisit them. Maybe find an editor. While both stories had potential, both fell short of being interesting or entertaining.

luedonluedonover 3 years ago

As others have said:

.

Very tongue-in-cheek and many of the usual LW tropes parodied.

The extreme B (vapourisation), compared with the standard BTB process, does rather eliminate the possibility of a funeral, no matter how much he now had available to spend. Maybe a memorial service?

.

Lue

toddster119toddster119over 3 years ago
More!

I enjoyed this story, despite being so brief. I would like to see more adventures of the Ice Cream Man.

JessicaAlexanderJessicaAlexanderover 3 years ago

Lol, at least he didn’t go get falling down drunk when he found out or planned suicide.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
It had the makings of an interesting story.

I wish you had written it. This was just a summary, or a book report. Maybe someone will write the full story so that we get to know and understand the characters, the plot, the motives and the methods, the who, what when where why and how. Especially the why. He married that badly? He didn't convey all that much surprise.

Anyway, thanks for the effort. Next time you kill a predator, let the killing last long enough so he knows who's ending his life, and why. Much richer and more satisfying.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Stupid

Sounds like a fantasy of a 15 year old boy. Plot does not cause me to suspend my disbelief. The only good thing was equating revenge with ice cream.

R.

tangledweedtangledweedover 3 years ago

So a billionaire plies his trade by seducing 30 something women, one at a time, grooming them for a couple of months, before passing them along. Occasionally killing one whore to convince the next whore to join the stable?

That sounds like the actions of a street pimp who is really, really bad at math. You can't be a billionaire pimp if you suck at addition and subtraction so much you think that

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Excellent BTB

Scores 5/5

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 3 years ago

2*. Can't give more than that for an outline. Good outline though.

KRD19254KRD19254over 3 years ago

The story was a snuff story, there was no deterrence value no connected consequences to send a message to other wanna-be rouges. That Parlor does this for a greater good for humanity is commendable butttttt, slicing off $2B to each Parlor member sours the heroics. There sort of was a message that rouges can run but can never hide from the Parlor. Mary was just a stupid pawn being played by a rouge king, but her husband willfully murdered her. I was unaware adultery in our society gets the death penalty.

/

The only redeeming quality is IF this story is the first in a series of "Parlor Tricks". Otherwise, there are just too many dangling open ends barely giving it a 3.5-3.8 *. Hooyah, but no salutes.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 3 years ago
YG2BKidding

Please set up a negative one star star. Or, at least, a ZERO!

Redo1984Redo1984over 3 years ago
Shorty

Boom goes the bitch.

Can I get this guys contact info, I could use a loan.

Redo1984 🤘

lukeey90lukeey90over 3 years ago
Gud

Cheating wife's deserve to die

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 3 years ago

5 stars for the idea, but I sure would like to see this story fleshed out further. Or maybe you could do an origin story like this for each team member as a lead in to a series. Kinda like some of Saddletramp's stuff. Either way, you gave me a smile big enough to raise my wife's eyebrow! Thanks - that was unexpected.

jimjam69jimjam69over 3 years ago

Hot to the point. BTB - Boom to Bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well!

I thought this was going somewhere. The whole offhand discovery of his wife's adultery seemed so unemotional as to be pointless. Apparently he cared enough about his wife that he could have accidentally backed over her pulling out of the garage and not bothered to stop because he had a meeting to attend.

To give this some kind of traction, I was expecting him to have set things in motion to blow up the yacht with her on it, only to find once they were underway, that she was also an undercover operative that was hired by another super secret agency to take this bad guy down. She was waiting to get him sufficiently far out to sea before she forced him to move his money to benevolent places and then bump him off. The Ice Cream Man would then have to scramble to save her, ... or fail and lose her at the last moment because he didn't love/trust her enough to confront her.

There! Maybe I should just cut and paste that one paragraph and call it a completed story.....?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
NOT A STORY

This is like a Will E. Coyote and Roadrunner cartoon 🐺.

All action. A little thought on how to destroy. No emotional effect 😶.

Seven minutes later.....on to the next story,😃😏.

DocWords better luck next time.

I'm on to a better post as

AMerryman

Wh00sherWh00sherover 3 years ago

Zero emotion. Clichés everywhere.

Nope, not for me.

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
Good Outline

Yawn. Now it is time to write a story with some characters, some excitement, and some problem resolution.

Great grammar & sentence structure. Thanks.

Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Quick

and to the point

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimover 3 years ago
Hmm

This story had all the elements of a great plot. However, to me, the lack of emotion or even much dialogue between the characters, meant that I wasn't invested enough to care about his success or her death.

Also, what bothered me near the start was "This leads me to our story today." No! This is not our story. This is your story and I'm the reader. This broke the fourth wall, the invisible barrier between the reader and the writer, for no real gain. It is a tool that many writers employ but beware of using them carelessly. What you are telling the reader is, "I know you're out there watching me. I'm talking to you. So enjoy this..."

If you're going to do this, you had better be the trapeze artist who is going to pull off a five rotation somersault before hooking onto the catcher. Otherwise, readers, expecting something spectacular, have a tendency to go 'so what?'. At that point, you've lost them. Most want to feel like they are almost part of the story, watching it closely and getting to know the characters intimately. Few want to feel that they have been written into the story in some way.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Just killing her.......

This is a story of a cheating wife...just blowing her up kills the story...no fun here.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I know this is fiction, but even fiction needs to be believable. My problem with this story began right off the bat. Hardly anyone knows about this highly secret organization, but someone provides them a budget, they somehow have access to a very wide assortment of the latest technology that would make James Bond jealous (even Bond had a tech expert whose job was to know what he needed and supply it, but these three somehow find their own), and an apparently wide variety of people and agencies refer cases to this group no one’s heard of. Between them, just three people know enough about almost everything to plan, recruit others with all the necessary skills, and carry out all kinds of very specialized and secret assignments. I’m afraid I started checking out just a few paragraphs in; I finished reading the story, but most of my interest was already gone.

You write clearly and don’t distract your readers with poor grammar or misspelled words. Take it to the next level by making your stories believable and characters ones that readers can identify with and care about.

DonKddDonKddover 3 years ago
Anon 2/4/21 Fiction needs to be believable...

I agree, I mean just look at what massive failures that stories with characters like Frodo, Spider-man, John Wick, Jon Snow etc. have turned out to be...

Out of curiosity, do you think sarcasm should be believable too?

DonKddDonKddover 3 years ago
Anon 2/4/21 Fiction needs to be believable...

I agree, I mean just look at what massive failures that stories with characters like Frodo, Spider-man, John Wick, Jon Snow etc. have turned out to be...

Out of curiosity, do you think sarcasm should be believable too?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The problem with this is

You spent half a page describing an imaginary agency, and added in, 'Oh, by the way my wife is cheating..... Boom.'

You spent so little time on the wife, the affair, the discovery, skipped the confrontation and went straight to Boom, that I didn't care one way or the other. I didn't get invested in any character, good or bad, because they barely existed for a few sentences. This was a literary shoulder shrug.

Flar1958Flar1958about 3 years ago
Nothing in for me

So far your worst story. No likeably caracters to rushed MC a soziopath no wonder she fall for attention. No need to pay for furneral. Now you know she was his secound wife. No inch better as Mr A.

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

Love it!!! You play, you pay!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Catering to the BTB crowd with an explosion, yet no real explanation for how it got there. On that basis alone, it's pandering drivel.

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Bye, bye, you cheating bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Bye bye Mary , you cheating bitch! lmao!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Bravo. Short and sweet. Mary got what she deserved.

5*

bj

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Too fast she needed to suffer longer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It's a bit mental, that story.

BH54BH54almost 2 years ago

Not much of a story. 2 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The Parlor, huh? I disagree with BH54; I gave you five! You aught to write more Parlor stories; get your boy laid often. Good story line. Keep writing.

XYZ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Really liked the story, and I know she cheated on him. But Mr A did do his thing on her, so it was like she went looking to cuckold him right. I believe instead of only giving her 30 seconds notice to die, he should have give her at least 3 minutes to RUN to get off the Yacht..

redboat7redboat7about 1 year ago

That was great!!

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohio12 months ago

Too cold and mostly boring narrative. Another Ho-hum story above a guy with secret, powerful resources.

daves_not_heredaves_not_here10 months ago

LOL

Great quick story!

26thNC26thNC10 months ago

Story gives me a sinking feeling, but it was a blast.

FordF150guyFordF150guy8 months ago

It is an outline to what could be a great story. Still 4****

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well that was over the top. Quite silly actually.

arnowolarnowol5 months ago

I love stories like this, but unfortunately they're too short. Therefore only 4****.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Over the top, but not ridiculously so. Probably due to how short and rushed everything was. I'd be willing to be lengthening the story would sort that out quite a bit. One of these days, I'd like to read a story about how the wife is taken and sold into slavery, and the husband just leaves her there.

CurrentParameterCurrentParameter5 months ago

blast of a story.....

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Meh. Nothing to see here, folks.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I forgot. Three stars.

JPB

RodzzzRodzzz2 months ago

Cheating sluts of her kind are disposable. Kabooooom!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDocWords@DocWords
My stories and characters are fiction. I wish I could have done all this stuff. The reviews from Anonymous, on the first few, nearly drove me away. Fortunately, some seasoned writers stepped up and warned me to take comments like those with a grain of salt. It helped. I read...

story TAGS