All Comments on 'In My Life'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 56 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
You are a fucking genius

I can honestlys sat that this is shaping up already to be a masterpiece and I thank you for sharing it. Keep up the good work and just let me say you d not start something as nice as this and not finish it.

ChagrinedChagrinedabout 18 years ago
Man! Didn't that hurt?

HDK,

DUDE! Didn't that hurt? I mean cutting your eye teeth on a paperback novel? You and I are roughly the same age and we both know that they were kinda pulpy back then in the old days. Althought the Fawcett Crest line was ok if you put a little salt on 'em but the paper wasn't the greatest. I know that back in my youth I couldn't see what I was saying because I had my tongue over my eye teeth. But to cut them? Who was the culprit? Louis Lamour? I bet it was Zane Grey! Yeah! "Riders of the Purple Sage"!

Ohh! Yeah, the strory was great but I expected that!

Regards,

C

ChagrinedChagrinedabout 18 years ago
I hate this fucking thing

I gave you a 100 and then leave the comment but it shows a fifty! Comments should be totally separate from votes! guess I have to be smarter than the website!

Regards,

C

thebulletthebulletabout 18 years ago
HDK tries a different genre and does it well

The overall plot is typical of a large percentage of Westerns - SHANE or PALE RIDER- for example. The bad rich guy tries to take the ranches/mines of the good little guys when the ex-bad boy hero rides into town to save the day.

But what matters here are the characters. They are well developed and real. You find yourself caring for the protagonists and hissing the villains.

A great start to a story that will no doubt take valuable time from my normal life for several days to come.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Old time western

Damn, this awful. The story is so good that you will probably leave Literotica and go commercial. If you like the old time westerns, you have to like this one.

Trogted

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Can't wait...

...for the follow-up. The anticipation is killing me, a bit ruthless of you making it a cliff-hanger... :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Hmmmm No Intention To Finish It Eh

Well, why not have other writers finish it for you if you don't intend to??? No #1 or a to be continued - whats a poison to think?

Please let us know and give the go ahead - unless you had a senior mommmment. Now don't be as shy as you really are - just let us know - soon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
What's the world coming to?

My editor, techsan, and my favorite writer coming out with westerns on the same day!

The story is nicely done with clearly defined characters, nicely broken up into good guys, bad guys and girls! Which is basically what westerns have always been about.

This story reminds me of "The Mysterious Rider" by Zane Grey about the girl Columbine. Reminds me not in plot but is style and characterization.

Great job! I'm looking for the finish!

DJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Not your usual

but an oater as well as a serial.

romaq7705romaq7705about 18 years ago
great start!

very good start!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
good story,but i ever like cliffhangers

teasing wasn't a good thing to me,its' a form of abuse.all you had to say was part one.

juanwildonejuanwildoneabout 18 years ago
Go west young man

"Well pardner, that there is one mighty fine tale ole HDK is telling."

"Shi-att and hot damn it sure is. That there Maria is a'gonna be keeping me company in my dreams tonight, that is for sure."

"Mine you manners ya old saddle tramp. That Maria is cut from the same fine cloth as her mother..."

"I'd do Carmella too."

"Damn you ya old horndog, can't you think of anything 'sides fucking."

"Hell yes, I'd love to get a hold of that Jordan girl, I love the way her mouth is always running on and on. I have just the cure for that."

"Your hopeless."

"All right, all right, I'll leave the proper women alone. Hee-hee. Hows 'bout I buy you a drink at the Long Horn. I hear Miss Kitty has some new talent."

"Now yer talking pardner."

Damn fine story if I do say so myself. As for Part Two, I'm as antsy as a bear sitting on a prickly pear (that there is a cactus for you city folk.)

juan

Risq_001Risq_001about 18 years ago
(^_^) You know

On one hand I loved everything that I've read so far in the story but on the other I was really "hoping" you had everything as a single story since you didn't have it entitled "Part 1". Guess I was wrong, huh? (^_^)

Either way its a good story so far. Way to go.

Do you have any idea of how long it's going to be though? Or are you writing it as you go along? Either way, I'd rather wait till you finish it and read it all in one swell swoop than read a chapter a day. Not because it's not good, but because I'm more of the "Read a book" in a whole day kinda guy, than someone that only reads a chapter a day.

Oh, in case I didn't say it. So far so good. This is shaping up to be a really good story.

-Risq

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 18 years ago
Without a doubt great story from one of the best

I just want to say this is fantastic.

I'll look forward every day to my next 25 cent Saturday Matinee, Western Movie cliffhanger as when I was a youngen.

Thank you

txrosenaynaytxrosenaynayabout 18 years ago
WONDERFUL!!! and....

so enjoyable...without or with the sex in it...and yes i read your start that said there would be following parts most daily so i knew this was only the first part however, i sure would have loved to keep on reading this one till the sun came up and beyond...look forward to the next release. Thank you for allowing us to read you, again...this was wonderful. Respectfully fan in Texas naynay

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Well, well

HDK,

We sure enough missed you around these parts. This promises to have an effect similar to your Elanor Rigby. I can hardly wait. Good to see you writing again, and again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Superb!

I love stories set in the old West. This one sure fits the bill and it has all the makings of a great story: action; adventure; and romance. Zane Grey would appreciate it.

Regards, Boyd

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 18 years ago
Round 'em up

This is a great start. I also like Westerns. At one point I think I owned every western pocket book published. Started at 10 cents(heavy expense then) and just kept getting more expensive.

Excellent love story you have started HDK. Seems to fit every one I've read in westerns, so you are in line. Be interesting to see just how long it takes them, especially her, to realize just how much they love each other. Emerson needs a large horse, fastest one around and a gun hand better thab Wild Bill. I feel that he has grown the size and strength to whomp Hogan's ass in no time. Hogan may be forced to leave the area knowing what will happen the next time they meet?? Sounds good to me! You could get some great adventure just on this cattle drive. I really like this story and I am sure the rest will be very interesting also.

Maria must be a 10 on the Clydsdale scale. With a major temper. Cathy sounds like a wonderful girl, also. The parents all sound like they're really sound people. Good people. And from your discription I knew Ray Brown before his outburst. Keep them chapters coming, guy. I'll be here for them and I doubt I'll be alone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Shades of Zane Grey

HDK:

With this one you've taken me back over 55 years when I lay under Grandma's old Chinese Elm tree with a glass of lemonade and a Zane Grey thriller on a hot Iowa Summer Sunday. you've even thrown in a hook that equals the best of, "Perils of Pauline." When I saw Chagrined's comment about Louis Lamour it totaly blew me away. How could I forget his great western works. I have the feeling this one is going to be right up there with the best. Lead on and I will follow, and forget the dudes who have trouble with stories longer then three parargraphs for their attention span is low and they'll little know nor long remember they were in the presence of greatness. Thank You. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Yee haw

Well pardner I'm from the Wild West too,but of Yorkshire,where the men are men,and the wimmen are grateful.So I guess I'll saddle up and mosey along this trail with you,it sure is a mighty fine one

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
What a story

HDK,

I have thoroughly enjoyed this story. It really takes me back to a time when western writers were the only REAL writers out there. I am a writer as well and I have written a western on the erotic stories site called Riders Of the Nicola...peruse it if you get a chance and don't worry, I sure won't stop reading your stories....ole Reb

Seemore_InbamaSeemore_Inbamaover 15 years ago
What can I add?

Well there's nothing I can add to what others have already said. So I'll just have to say it's hands down my fav on this site, and I've read it a half dozen times or more. Thanks for the entertainment.

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
Oh my! This is really GOOD!!

Chapter one has just grabbed me and captured my attention. This is sooo well-written!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
What a cliff hanger!

Not fair.

snathsnathover 10 years ago
fair enough!

It is only the end of chapter, life does not end here. OK, I am hopping to the next chapter.

dairetodairetoover 10 years ago
great so far

I love old westerns too

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
why did it end there?

that was about as unusual a place for a break as could have been contrived.

.

bruce22bruce22almost 9 years ago
A good entertaining tale

An advantage of discovering this story today is the breaks are very short.

Incredible the mistreatment of women that runs against all our ideals, oh yes now we have trailer parks....

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 9 years ago
great story

I like Westerns, and you wrote a good one.

One point though it's Colt with a capital C.

A colt is a young horse, a Colt is a firearm.

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
HI YO SILVER AWAY

the stranger has returned. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Nice

Killer Dude.

5 Stars.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
5* Easy!

This is a lot of fun to read!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Louis L'Amour lives

Great writing with the best of the western adventures,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
good!!

The start of a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Nice story, just one thing...

Men weren't allowed to treat "nice" women that way; by nice I mean a lady who did NOT work in the saloon. Women were scarce in the West back then, a good way to get your neck stretched was to slap them around. Even the girls working the saloon were rarely touched in anger - you just didn't get away with it back then. Every cowboy within hearing distance would have pulled a pistol when that started and the gunman Lang would not have dared defend Hogan - too many against them. Other than that, it looks like a good story and I'm looking forward to reading it all. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
DESCENT. FROM THE HEIGHTS

Chapter 1 was a brilliant, western-genre gem, giving me great expectations for what followed.

By chapter 5, it was a disappointment in time wasted on silly soap-opera drama having little, if any, western genre.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
5

Unlike the prior, I am re-reading this story and pleased to score your accomplishment a 5 - just because that is very, very well deserved. Your writing skills, research & imagination plus "whatever" are greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Sir.

Craig

BentonVirtusBentonVirtusover 4 years ago

Pretty decent western action-adventure romance. If you like this genre, I recommend the novels of C. J. Petit.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 4 years ago
I love a good western

It is the cruel cattle baron trying to take over the valley by starving out the other land owners. It is kind of formulaic, but it works. I like the story so far and looking forward to the rest of it. 5*s.

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

So far a really enthralling story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Interesting!!!!!

A little long, but interesting so far, lets see where its leads.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 4 years ago

Outstanding! This might be the best I’ve read of HDK’s writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I quit reading after the 2nd page. Seemed like it was going to be a terrific story until he was turned into a "good two shoes" apologizing to Miguel Hernandez 1st thing. Just killed the story for me. I sort of thought it was going to happen but the 2nd page ???

SELSTIMSELSTIMover 3 years ago
Great Story So Far

Wasn't 22 a little old back then to have not been married? Hell, back then after a woman shed first blood she considered herself a woman ready to wed and start raisin youngins and often widowed by 23. Great characters, great action and fast pace = great story. Thank you Almighty Knight of Hard Days

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well, this is starting out like a great read. Emerson has grown up and is a good man now. Yes, at eight years ago, there is always a lot of nasty things that can be said in the heat of the time. I am surprised that Maria is not married nor has she been taken by a bunch of testosterone lead boys. Same for Cathy. I certainly would not have thought to ride into town by myself if I was in her shoes. Good story and ready for chapter two.

The_Sheppards_CorrectionThe_Sheppards_Correctionover 2 years ago

Sir, this is THE type of story which will always be Numero Uno on my “to read” list. I’m an oldie, yet born too late. My first chapter and not my last. I’ve read many of your stories and enjoyed them. There are so few of my preferred genre here, but that may be another discussion. Excellent writing, packed with action and intrigue. Well done, sir! Finn

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 2 years ago

Not the biggest fans of westerns but not going to turn up a well written story no matter then genre. 5 stars so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

why dont western bitches carry small revolvers, like smart women todayt?

DarknsDarknsover 2 years ago

Darnit, I’m loving this so far, pardner! Much obliged (tipping my hat to @Harddaysknight).

Now, onto Ch 2. Yeeha!

DarknsDarknsover 2 years ago

Darnit, I’m loving this so far, pardner! Much obliged (tipping my hat to @Harddaysknight).

Now, onto Ch 2. Yeehaw!!

RanDog025RanDog025about 2 years ago

Excellent story! Love Westerns. 5 BIG FAT FLUFFY STARS!

linnearlinnearalmost 2 years ago

Amazing start and a wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Damn this is a good story

LwcbyLwcbyover 1 year ago
Hogan would have been hung

A good story, except for the fact, that in the real old west. It wouldn't have mattered who his boss was, hogan would have been hung for assaulting a woma.

DwarfLord50DwarfLord50about 1 month ago

Absolutely enjoying this story and your writing style. Not a fan of the way you occasionally repeat yourself though. We didn’t need to hear about Maria scratching Hogan and getting her shirt torn twice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

5 Stars so far on a Great start GW . I hope it ends as well for everyone ..

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories