All Comments on 'In What We Didn't Say (alt. End)'

by Scorpio44a

Sort by:
  • 55 Comments
PArebelPArebelalmost 15 years ago
The Author is Correct

I like this ending better as well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Which is better?

Actually, I liked the first ending better than the alternate ending LOL. Maybe another alternate with Sharon staying and Donna hitting the bricks!

DrallDrallalmost 15 years ago
Endings

The second ending seems more likely but what about Sharron? She is a lovely woman and there is no happy resolution for her. I know it's just a story but I'm worried about her future.

bruce22bruce22almost 15 years ago
Good, well constructed story

Certainly liked this ending much better, and I enjoyed rereading the rest of it. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Much better

The ending here did not seem rushed, The transition is smooth and almost seemless. Also, The Sharon character now has a real part in the story, not just an add on for sexual release. Where did she go? A bell rang and an angel got her wings. (Sorry, the silly romantic in me got control of the keyboard for a moment.) The whole build up was for both of the main characters to grow and learn and resolve the conflict of the story. you achieved thatmuch better with this endding. Thanks for the renewed effort. High regards for Jim in MN

cancapercancaperalmost 15 years ago
too somrthing

too much something. liked the first one better just my opinion thanks steve

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Fits the story better but...

This ending fits the story better but, its still not a great ending. Sharon should have stayed till she got a better job. She's got new clothes, but by the end of the story her job at Walmart is history. There is a better than even chance the trailer has been rented. What is she going to do now?

<P>

In another part of the story we read:

<BR>== Begin Excerpt ===

<BR>I want to stand beside Donna as we do the dishes and take her in my arms and kiss her for as long as we want without some kid saying, Ewwww, gross! Get a room!"

<BR>== End Excerpt ===

<P>

Anytime a child of whatever age says anything approximating the comment above, the reply should be something along the lines of "We did, it includes all the space inside the property owned/rented by your mother and I. If I ever hear such a statement repeated by you or any of your siblings, the person making the statement should expect to undergo a serious and extended loss of privileges. You should feel privileged that we engage in PDAs."

<P>

<I>-- srgeek --</I>

dangerouslydeaddangerouslydeadalmost 15 years ago
Sharon Staying was better

Impractical but better.... When you have a person who has lived all his/her life looking for hope you do not want to see the person go away with nothing... Maybe Sharon finding a nice guy and moving on would have been a better ending...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Loved his endng

But it left me with an unanswered question.Who really was Sharon,was she simply an abused ex wife,or did the fact that the minister and his wife sent her to him mean that she was someone completely different.A psychologist perhaps or an angel.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
liked the first version

liked the first version. Sharon could not possibly be who she was stated as being in this alt ending.

loveolddickloveolddickalmost 15 years ago
It's a very loving story

I have to admit that I didn't expect it at first. We came here to find some stories of uninhibited raw sex to fulfill our imagination, this is not that kind of one. But still, this story is touching, loving, which I think much better experience than getting aroused by the description of wild sex. It's about a married couple, how they love each other even though they hurt each other, and from the beginning to the end, they didn't think of turning to anywhere else. That's something very rare nowadays. It's something about faith. I liked it very much and read the former version as well. I liked the original version though. The new end is loving touching but then it made it a love story more than an erotic one. Or I think the husband deserves better than only one sexual partner? I would love to be one of them for instance.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
first ending

was much better, though still not my favorite.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Better

This is the better and more life like ending. Most of the complainers about the second ending are collections of harmones desiring a threesome. If they were Mormon or Muslim, it might be workable in their community, but in this society a No, No!!! I have the years and background to say that many marriages experience this very real problem and would be very happy to discover this solution - learning sensible communication after 20 or 30 years of marriage.

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 15 years ago
I liked this version; plot problem remains though

Although the ending of the first version was fine with me too. Like I mentioned in my comments to the first version, the ending there was more like a male fantasy, where this one is more realistic. <P>

I still maintain that the main plot device - namely, forcing the wife to change by threats of eviction or 'forced labor', is just incorrect as far as spousal rights goes. I wrote about it in more details in my comments to the story's first version.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
HAVING Sharon slip out was unforgivable

that was to cheap of a plot device. It was interesting that the woman who so loved her spouse lacked the communicaiton skills to maintain her marriage. Cant say my patience would have lasted as long as the main characters. I dont care much for drama queens.

RonRWoodRonRWoodover 14 years ago
Either Or

I liked both endings. Both women needed a good husband to love them and take care of them. I liked the first the best because the two women became friends and gave each other someone to have fun with. That they were willing to share the man they both loved fit the story well. The wife and he were down to sex once a week or less anyway after 25 years. The other woman could have picked up the slack easily... The first ending was your best and you know it! Fie on all the hypocrites who sit in judgement when happiness and love are concerned.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
not bad

though I liked the first ending better. I see no reason why a triad wouldn't work if that's what all 3 parties want. What happens inside the home isn't anyone's business, no need to worry about the gossips at church, no laws are being broken (bigamy doesn't apply as this is a private agreement between consenting adults), noone else is affected. I don't think what happened to Sharon was fair, what's she going to do, go back to Walmart and live in a crapped out old trailer again? She could have continued as a housekeeper if nothing else. I have to disagree with Kolkare regarding the unfairness of the husband expecting his wife to be a partner in the relationship. To call expecting the wife to contribute slave labor is idiotic. When relationships don't work we end them. The wife had no interest in helping make the relationship work so he ended it. She didn't leave him much of a choice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
That's

a much better ending.

clark3001clark3001over 14 years ago
Wonderful

Arguably the best story of a marriage going sour and then rebounding I've ever read on Literotica. Take a bow !

The1PaladinThe1Paladinover 14 years ago
Hard to choose.

I'm fond of both endings, but I think you're right, this ending does fit the story much better. Am I wrong in believing that Sharron was a version of Mary Poppins brought in to fix this marriage by a knowing and loving minister's wife? I hope not.

Ducky7Ducky7over 14 years ago
I think Clark3001 said it best

As a male, the first ending is my desire. As a married man, the second one is the best outcome. They still could have gone on vacation then done the volunteer bit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Lovely story!

I loved protagnist of the story but I doubt whether in real life, a man could react in such a level-headed fashion!! Thanks for a great read.

Tanny

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
johngalt2300@yahoo.com

I also think it was a lovely story and wish my own marriage had survived a similar catastrophe when my wife of 32 years at the time announced she wanted to be celibate. She was in her early 50's at the time. I tried for six years to avoid becoming just room mates. Our final divorce decree came ironically on our 38th anniversary. I thought the first ending was cute but hardly realistic. The second ending was completely believable although I would have like to know more of the fate of Sharon. The tag line next to the title is what drew me to this story. The wife's actions were like reliving my life during those years however my response was completely different and probably all wrong. I should point out there was no infidelity on either side and neither of us are looking now, at least I'm not. So the moral of this comment is, sometimes the stories you find are a lot closer to home than you might imagine. Thanks for the good work and a few moments of feeling better about life in general. Happy endings do that sometimes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

i liked both endings .. i read alot of negative comments about men in here .. i did at one point have a man like that caring loving hot headed at times but he took the time to listen we were friends lovers and companions.. unfortunately he died in a car accident..but at the end of it all i know like my dad says you have to kiss alot of frogs to find a prince this story and most of the authors stories are lessons in life if you read them keep it i love them

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Like this ending

lt is more realistic and hopeful. The first was a male fantasy but in real life would be hardly ideal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

think i liked the other ending better

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Other ending better, I believe.

Both endings good, but first one better.

dliterdliterabout 13 years ago
read both

I read both stories, but I like the first one best. They are both good but the first ending is better for me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
I want...

Sharon Back!!

tom anon

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 13 years ago
Not Better -

Not necessarily more real either but I have a bias (which you will see in the comment on the original come from my experience), but it is certainly more credible than the original.

If here self image is so low and shaky she is willing to pin all of her hope on what Ihearu suggested (who ever that turned out to be) then she is unlikely to just get better or be truly honest and even more vulnerable any time soon. IMHO

Always well written and good reading though I love your style,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Liked both endings

but the second while perhaps more likely felt like you lost the last page.

Sharon had given up her home, risked all for both of them and then just disappears apparently without causing any concern to either of them!

The least they could do would be contact the ministers wife to let her know how grateful they are and to offer her support both financial and emotional.

If it is possible to add another page that would be good. Thank you.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 12 years ago
I prefer the ending on the first one..

the second one seems cold and unfulfilling to me. It is a happy ending with a bitter twist in my opinion.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 12 years ago
Both endings are OK, neither are great.

The first ending solved their problems, but did so in a manner most readers found abrupt and/or implausible (I confess, I've never understood why some people assume polyamory is automatically unthinkable for church-going folks). The alternate ending was certainly more palatable to conventional sensibilities but doesn't even address the sexual issue that is the basis for the story in the first place. Overall, I liked the first ending better. Even if it is abrupt or implausible, it solves the original conflict.

Boo903Boo903about 11 years ago
First

Original version was....more believable, Alt. Ending was too much like a sit-com

Concritic123Concritic123almost 10 years ago
You got it right this time.

This was a much better and realistic ending than the first one. You redeemed yourself. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
?

REALLY ?

author surprised me ,

i was a bit surprised & unsure in regards to the original ending. it did not seem to fit the personality of the married couple.

this ending is proly even worse , feels like the Author just wrote it on Auto Pilot , to soothe the Haters&Flamers .

xxxhugsxxx

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
IN OLD AGE

priorities change. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
yep it's...

a better ending - less salacious maybe but much more real - thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Fine, But

I think the now happy couple would work with the Minister and his wife to help Sharon get her life started again.

bestisyettocomebestisyettocomeabout 7 years ago
Great Story!

As I am in the middle of this situation now, this story really hit home. I liked the first ending best since I am a man, but I feel this ending is a more likely outcome, albeit a sad one for Sharon. Both were good however. The emotions expressed were done well and took me into the story like I knew these people.

For the naysayers that think that the husband should have been more understanding of his wife's situation: I believe marriage is a partnership and both parties have equal responsibility toward each other. Yeah. the husband didn't consider his wife's situation, but she gave him no consideration whatsoever, despite his complaints. She never once told him what was bothering her so that he could have some idea.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 6 years ago
Much Better

Straight up "5".

coredencoredenabout 6 years ago
Great Story...........pity about the ending

Given that this was written to give a better ending to the original, I think think it unfortunate that this one needs a better ending too.

The story in the main was excellent BUT......

Talk about a lack of gratitude.

Poor Sharon!

He promised her whatever happened she would be staying, she saved his marriage, left with no money, presumably carrying a load of the clothes and shoes he had brought her (had she even been there long enough to get paid) and with nowhere to go.

They "Tried to find her?"

Not very hard though...........

Masterpuppy2974Masterpuppy2974over 4 years ago
I liked

The orgional ending better

CSXaviCSXaviover 3 years ago
Who is "ihearu" ?

You never addressed who she was communicating with...

Since the e-mail clearly showed that she had planned with someone how to manipulate her husband into getting what she wants, I think that is kind of an important thing to leave out.

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961over 2 years ago

It's a toss up sharon was barly making it before what is she going back too ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So what happened to poor Sharon... she goes right back to where she came from? Shitty ending... liked the first ending much better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This was a lazy ending.

rn2711rn2711almost 2 years ago

This is a worse ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I gave it a 5* for trying...but i liked the first ending! Dont like what you do to Sharon in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wow, you old pervert! And what did he actually do with a bag full of Sharon's dirty old panties?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

To the previous anonymous.

With such an ending, Sharon could be, in general, someone like a certified psychologist. Just to get into their house, to ingratiate themselves with them and cause pity, he and the wife of a high-ranking person came up with this legend about a needy beggar from a trailer park. Altruism!

OlFrog14xOlFrog14xabout 1 year ago

I believe the feeling-useless Eskimos traditionally picked out an ice floe and floated off into the Arctic Sea.

I agree that just the Story just tossing Sharon without more explanation is just wrong.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I don't really like either ending. I'd keep the way Alan and Donna are, in the alternate ending, but have Sharon keep living there for a year or two. She could split the housework with Donna, have two surrogate parents to lean on, and take some classes or something to establish a career.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman8 months ago

cruise ship ending was a male fantasy. this ending is dumb. Sharon didn't have the $ to start over or a place, job etc. Plus this could have been a 1 page alternate ending, no need to go thru 3 repeat pages.

oldtwitoldtwit5 months ago

Having read the first one, and having to reread most of it to get to the 'new' ending, I'm disappointed, I hate to say it but really disappointed.

This ending kills the whole feeling in what I thought was a great story and just groped off the end as if you had better things to do but had promised to finish now.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous