All Comments on 'Ingrid Ch. 02'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
Eric_ShiftEric_Shiftover 14 years ago
You can really tell a story

Excellent

bruce22bruce22over 14 years ago
Great Story

Well put together. Light and dry. I can not help wondering if he should tantalize the lady that much.. Good thing she has some friendly toys..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Cooking

It's a good story so far, but I have to admit, the cooking scene drove me up the wall. Bruschetta doesn't refer to the bread at all, which are crostini, but to the topping, which is usually served room-temperature. Why is he chilling a bottle of red wine? The vegetables were not grilled, they were sauted. And OMG, what is he doing slicing the filet straight from the broiler? All the flavor is on the cutting board, it needs to rest. Minor plating note, a heavy brown sauce with a fanned protien would generally be plated under the meat.

Dubby49Dubby49over 11 years ago
Etiquette

Shouldn't the host walk his single guest, a lady, down to her car rather than see her off at his front door. It's different if it's a large party.

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
Reluctance?

I don't know why she is puzzled by his reluctance to move along.

He tragically lost the love of his life, with no warning.

That takes a while to get over under the best of circumstances.

She should be glad that he has real feelings and ISN'T a horn dog!

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
@Anonymous 03/08/12 Re: Cooking

I know Wikipedia isn't the be-all and end-all, but contrary to your "correction", Wiki says: "In the United States, where grocery stores sell jars of "bruschetta" (usually a tomato-based condiment), the word is used erroneously to refer to the topping instead of the bread."

Admiralbird348Admiralbird348over 6 years ago
What?

It’s only been 4 days and she’s frustrated?

The way she refers to him as this guy? She

Seems a little predatory.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Predatory

I agree that she seems predatory. She can’t remember who she last had sex with? Not exactly relationship material.

Marklynda2Marklynda23 months ago

We all grieve differently and have different emotional responses. To me three days seems like a very short time to become so invested in another person. Another well thought out and written chapter. I look forward to reading the next. I appreciate your and your Muse's imagination and abilities to bring it to your story. Thank you for sharing your vision and talents.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous