All Comments on 'Innocent Child'

by Dalton402

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy3 months ago

Can you say vasectomy! Good story.

5

grogers7grogers73 months ago

A good portrayal of the consequences that innocents suffer, and cannot be protected from, as a result of the selfish acts of those who were supposed to selfless in protecting them.

ArdieffArdieff3 months ago

What a piece of shit that mother is. Problem is - do narcissists ever really change??

tejmjm55tejmjm553 months ago

Good story ,needs an update.

woodwardwoodward3 months ago

Very well done. I could feel the child's pain.

jflindersjflinders3 months ago

I thought this was a good, hard hitting story before it lost part of its effectiveness in a rushed ending.

The story could have been left with mother and daughter working on things while the rest of the family went about as they always had but if the writer wanted a happy ending, it seemed to me it would have better to describe the work put in then to simply have Julie do things that were only partly within her control. She'd been trying for years to reconcile with Sara and Oscar and have them accept Freya, so while she could plan to go about it differently, acknowledge her mistakes and try to work from there, saying it in the way she did seemed to be guaranteeing something that was partly beyond her control.

Wavedave45Wavedave453 months ago

To be honest just by knowing the timeline of when the mom got divorced, remarried and the kid being born, you can just assume that she was an affair baby even if they tried to fudge the dates a little. Even when there's no affair baby you can guess that cheating was involved with the divorce. I've spoken with people with divorced parents and I ask if either are remarried and when they remarried. Dad 4 years later, mom a year later. Boom, there it is. I get to tell them "Oh your mom was cheating on your dad with your step dad". They try to deny it and I'll say "Let me guess, they met at work right?" which always freaks them out.

This only works because it's just so damn predictable. You know how sometimes old folks see something and raise an eyebrow while silently looking at each other? It's because they've seen it all and learned about how predictable people are. Seriously people, pay attention to old people that think they're being cute when they say or do something that suggests something is going on.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It would be a heck of a twist if her father turned out to be the first husband after all.

someoneothersomeoneother3 months ago

I gave it a 5* because it was largely realistic, insightful and told the kind of story that I like and find so often lacking in the LW universe.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

WOW, very powerful! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Db4554Db45543 months ago

Very well written. While I appreciate the happy ending, I can’t help feeling that in real life a child who actually suffered through this situation would never recover. Truly heartbreaking to contemplate.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great story from a different point of view. 5stars

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I feel like I read this previously, albeit with a different ending.

.

Was very good, though. Sure did highlight one of the more destructive aspects of infidelity that can often occur.

.

4 ****

Frank66Frank663 months ago

Liked it, but the timeline went too fast. Made it unrealistic. Julie's total capitulation, total flip-flop, total change from lies to remorse for Freya was too quick. 17 years of trying to force her will on everyone around her, and then BAM, 'I'm so sorry for everything'. The counselor Michael was nowhere near good enough to bring that about.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

"You will need a lot of therapy to do that,"

Said the man who had a financial stake.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great story with real life pain and situations.Sara and Oscar are self indulged A holes and bullies. Shame on all the adults for not looking out for Freya.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Best wishes, Julie and Freya. Simon, not so much.

GamblnluckGamblnluck3 months ago

I liked the story. It showed another side to adultery and divorce. Julie was a total bitch all the way. Taking her kids far away from their father was huge. Their resentment over that lead to the how they treated Freya.

This was certainly not the cozy situation you see in other stories where the kids love the new little baby.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc3 months ago

Interesting take on a well worn story. You needed another page to walk us through how she was going to fix everything. Other than the grandparents, all the building blocks of the failed relationships are still there. 3,8*

jocko_smithjocko_smith3 months ago

Excellent story, cut off too soon. I'd like to see her magic trick of "reconciling with everyone."

One nit: "The amount of damage it [infidelity] does can never be underestimated"

I'm rather sure you meant OVERestimated.

BeBopper99BeBopper993 months ago

5***** Wow! You nailed the full fallout effects of a an affair and divorce. Freya and her half-siblings are the true victims. Julie gets a cold dose of reality after years of crappy parenting. Julie's redemption is a tremendous up-mountain undertaking. Well done and write on!

beatman04beatman043 months ago

Story should have ended with Freya being Alex's daughter.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It took the slut that long to figure out what her being a whore did to her kids? The asshole she married should have never been in the picture. She wasted valuable time on that cock sucker. Her reckless actions hurt alot of people.

FordF150guyFordF150guy3 months ago

What an incredibly sad story of bad choices, regret and unhappiness There are relationships here that will never be mended. 4****

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

How can she move near Sara and Oscar if they always hated her, despised her and blamed her for evrything wrong. I;m sorry, she must stay away of those two. She doesn't need them now in her life. It's too naive to expect to fix their relationship after a life time of neglect and mental abuse of the little half sister. There may be a chance for Freya and Julie though. Hopin to bring together Freya, Sara and Oscar is not feasible and utopic. Save Freya further disappointment from those older half-siblings.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Interesting that the whore's life would have been perfect if Freya had never been born. How does Freya accept that, while her mother loves her, if her mother had a magic wand she would make Freya disappear and she could then live her life in pleasure with her fuck buddy asshole. And everyone involved and knows the details will in the end realize that Freya is simply a consolation prize. Accepted as an innocent and wonderful person, but not wanted in the first place. Good luck with resolving that reality. A very poignant story. Thanks for the effort.

James G 5James G 53 months ago

Nice take on the awful things cheating and lying create.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbell3 months ago

The story feels like it is hanging there in mid air.

muskyboymuskyboy3 months ago

Julia is a terrible human being. Such a sad story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great story and realistic.

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlunger2 months ago

Such a well written but bleak piece, with a splash of hope at the end that Julie can rip her head out of her arse and be a mother. The father? What a cunt.

Well done Dalton, thank you, an excellent read.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

The other kids shouldn’t forgive her. She took them away from their father just to spite him. She forced them in a situation with a man that didn’t want kids especially them. A horrible mother. Her pain in this is actually very minuscule

NitpicNitpic2 months ago
Decent

Decent story,nice to read something a bit different.

leofric35leofric352 months ago

Good realistic story. Sad through most of it but hope at the end. Enough for another about the move home? Thanks for you hard work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

OMG!! I won't say this's a sad story because that would be minimizing it. A girl grows up feeling unwanted/ unloved by those who should've loved her. A mother who grows so resentful of her then husband for his working hard as well as long hours but doesn't have the brains to ask why. So she gets into an affair with a married man & has that daughter, Frieda. And the bastard of a (now) husband who doesn't accept or, worse, love his daughter.

A very impressive & moving story. Wonder in the near future if mother & Frieda moves to be closer to her ex & his family. Mother wants to try to right things with her other children, maybe she can right things to a large extent with her ex. Remains to be seen. Perhaps another part of this story? (I haven't yet, but on the basis of this story, will definitely read the other parts.) And this reminds me of an old expression: There's no such thing as illegitimate children; only illegitimate parents.

This story moved me greatly. Tho fiction, that's what great writing's about. 5 stars. Bob

26thNC26thNCabout 2 months ago

Good story about collateral damage from cheating. Julie was a cheating bitch who lied to everyone, and kept her affair secret from the love child. Freya didn’t know why she was rejected by her mother’s family, and especially by her half siblings. Cheating, despite what Ic69hunter and his ilk will say, hurts everyone involved. Michael is a pretty good therapist.

KaeyoKaeyo10 days ago

Very good series. Would like to see more, as the consequences for the children are all too often overlooked in LW stories. Nice to see that addressed. All to often all we get from LW is either Rambo Revenge, Running Away, or improbable reconciliations. Keep writing these please.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDalton402@Dalton402
I have a weakness for happy endings. When people face the worst, no matter how bad it is, I like people seeing come out better people for it. Remember what I write is fiction, it doesn't always have to make sense.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES