Into the Sunlight Ch. 05

Story Info
Cammie and Rory find completion.
7.3k words
4.71
7.5k
10

Part 5 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 06/11/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is the final chapter of this story. Thank you Andi for editing. Please read and enjoy.

*****

Camirra and Rory went to Rory's apartment. Camirra loved her sister's apartment and stated she wanted to find one similar. Rory waited and then explained that she didn't have to get an apartment, she could live with her. As they talked, she suggested that Camirra move in with her. She had the space, and they could share expenses. Camirra smiled, and was trying to find a way to decline when Rory reminded her that the best times of her life was when she was with her. Camirra gave in and told her sister, if the apartment manager amended her lease, then she would have a new roommate.

Rory was excited. They would be together once more. Looking at the time, Rory reminded Camirra that they had a date. They had to get ready, and they helped each other dress, both excited about this dinner. Being twins, they decided to dress similarly tonight.

Rory wore a love royal blue short dress with matching Alexandre Burman pumps, and Camirra wore a royal blue and white hi-low sleeveless gown with blue flats. Rory adorned her natural hair with a silk blue band. Rory wore her dark locks long and flowing. Brandon and Brian were picking them up at seven.

Brandon's boss gave him tonight off, but he was on reserve for emergency calls only. Before he left the firehouse, his boss gave him pointers. Several of the guys told him not to blow this, and then they watched him leave as they too afforded advice to his brother.

Brian was nervous and Brandon told jokes to try and help him relax. He was nervous too, because tonight changed everything for the four of them. Brian drove up to Rory's apartment, and both brothers walked to the door.

Before ringing the doorbell, they checked each others suits to make sure they were fitted. The two brothers decided to wear identical suits. Then they both rang the doorbell. Rory opened the door and Brian forgot to breathe. She stepped aside and invited him in; Brandon followed his eyes seeking Camirra. He too was breathless.

"Ladies, we have a special night planned. Hopefully, it's a night you'll never forget." Brian whispered, kissing Rory's hand. Brandon kissed Camirra as Brian cleared his throat. He extended his arm and Camirra hooked her arm into his. The two couples left.

Brian and Brandon had planned for every contingency. They went to a show first and the performers were outstanding. When the show was over, they then headed to dinner. At the restaurant, the hostess was waiting. Brian had reserved a private room, and their waiter for the night attended them immediately. Rory and Camirra were impressed.

Brandon ordered a rare wine and appetizers. Soon their entrees were served and both girls were impressed. Brian was nervous but it was time. "Ladies, dance with us." They requested.

The music started and the room was filled with the sounds of a love song crooning in the back ground. Brandon held Camirra so close. She never felt more treasured than in that moment. Rory closed her eyes, loving the secure feeling of Brian's strong arms.

The men shared a look and stopped moving. Rory and Camirra were stunned, not sure what was going on. Simultaneously, each man kneeled before his woman, and extracted a black velvet box from his breast pocket.

Each man whispered one question to his woman. Brian spoke quietly, "Camorra Rose Granger, you are the love of my life. I can't see my future without you being there. Last week I asked your fathers for their permission, now I'm asking you. Will you take a chance on me? Will you be my wife?"

"Yes, yes!' Rory gasped tears streaming down her cheeks. Brian slipped the ring he had chosen onto her finger. He explained the inscription and told her the same message was on the matching wedding band. Rory didn't care about that. She was marrying the love of her life. She looked around and saw the same stunned expression on her twins face as she held on to her future husband.

A few minutes earlier as Brian was proposing to Rory, Brandon was doing the same, "Camirra, I know you've had it hard. But I need you to trust me. It's not often that a man meets his other half. Well, I've met her and she is you. I want to spend the rest of my life treasuring you, loving you. Will you marry me Camirra Lace? Let me be the man you spend eternity with." He pulled out the ring and she was silent, crying.

Then she whispered, "Are you sure?"

Brandon smiled, "All you have to do is say yes."

"Yes, yes!" Camirra whispered as Brandon slid the beautiful ring he'd chosen just for her, onto her finger.

The sisters squealed and hugged each other then hugged their fiancé's. Soon, the waiter came and they shared the news with him. He was happy for them. They were about to leave when Brian remember that Dee wanted Rory to call. They had no idea Brandon was proposing, but Camirra would need to call as well.

Brandon wanted time alone with is fiancé, so he dropped Camirra and Brandon off at Rory's apartment. As soon as they entered, Camirra leaped on Brandon, covering him with kisses. The two needed to be together, and soon Brandon was buried balls deep inside of his woman. She fit him like a glove. Camirra groaned as he loved her as no other man ever had. He was hers, and she was his. They were together.

Brandon slowed down, not wanting their connection to end, but soon he came, diving into the abyss with Camirra right beside him. He held her as he remembered to breathe. "Camirra, I love you. I promise to always be there for you and to protect you."

Camirra sighed. She believed him. He was the one person she trusted to keep his promise. She snuggled into his strong frame as they slept. Brandon woke early and had to go back to the fire station. Camirra dropped him off and then she returned to Rory's apartment. Soon, Rory sauntered in, all smiles. The two girls squealed. They had to call Momma. Rory dialed, but it was late and Dee didn't pick up. They would tell them but tonight they needed time to celebrate with their future husbands.

The night flew by, as neither woman slept. Their excitement spilled over and their guys stayed up with them. The next morning, the girls called both their mothers. They put the phone on speaker and the four shared their wonderful news. Deidre squealed and Cynthia just laughed and congratulated them. They had to go, but they would call back for details later.

Camirra called Rosa and Rory called Christiana. Both women were excited for them. Rosa, Christy, their sisters, all wanted to be in the weddings. All of the girls agreed to get together. They hung up, and the sisters were silent. Rory squealed and hugged her sister. They had to plan their wedding.

After talking with the family and the guys had gone to dress for work, Rory sighed, "So, we are having a double ceremony, right?"

Camirra paused, She ran off and married Charles. This time she wanted to do it right. "Rory, are you sure, because a wedding is a big deal?"

Rory looked at her twin. "Do you want your own wedding? I never thought about that. I keep forgetting, we don't have to do everything together."

Camirra sighed, "That's not it. This is your first time getting married, You deserve to have your day. I've been married before, so I shouldn't have anything lavish. I'm sure Brian and Brandon will agree."

Rory became annoyed, "Camirra, you and this defeatist attitude where you are always saying you don't deserve stuff because you married that asshole is getting old. You were young. You made a mistake. You don't have to keep paying for it. I'm telling Daddy what you said, and I bet he goes off. Here is what I want. I want a double wedding. We were born together. We have gone through so much together. You are my sister and I want to share this day with you."

Camirra sighed and smiled, "OK, don't tell Daddy. A double wedding it is. Wait. What if Brandon had not proposed?"

Rory smiled, "Oh he was proposing. Brian and Brandon are like us. They are inseparable. They are our other halves."

Camirra nodded because she agreed with her sister completely. "I'm calling Mom and Cyn. Are you working today?" Rory nodded and dressed to go in. Camirra called her Mom. She then called her step-mom and aunts. The women were truly happy for them. Deidre was excited. She was not surprised when Jasmine called her. Her daughters were marrying the men of their dreams. She was so happy for them.

Being that she was at the hospital, she had to compose herself. Jason was on break when he stopped by her station. She told him Camirra called and that Brandon and Brian proposed. Jason hugged his wife. They knew it was coming, but that didn't lessen the shock.

The other nurses heard and everyone was excited. Jason went back to his floor when her phone rang. Darius called. He just had to call her. He'd spoken with Cyn, but for some reason he needed to talk to Dee.

Dee told him she was fine. They could talk over dinner. She'd check with Cyn before lunch. She called Sierra and her best friend just like always was willing to listen. She wasn't sure what the girls wanted, but she hoped they wanted a double wedding. Then she thought. Was that fair?

She'd let them tell her what she wanted. Each bride deserved to be the center of attention on their special day, and she would give them exactly what they wanted. But secretly, she hoped for a double wedding.

Brian was at work smiling when his coworkers demanded to know what was going on. On break he told them he and his brother proposed and their girlfriends accepted.

The break room erupted in noise. Two guys came up with suggestions. Since your brother is a groom, then you'll need a best man. I'm here. I promise man, we'll have so much fun you'll never forget.

Brian laughed and told them he'd think about it. Brandon was in a daze. His boss came out and asked what was going on. He told him he got engaged and the man hollered out. All of the guys rushed out and told him they had his back. Letting him know what he needed them to do. The Chief called his wife who insisted on coming in and making lunch.

The chief relayed the message. The morning went by uneventfully when a call came in. Unit 729, rushed to the scene. A four unit apartment complex was in flames. Three people were trapped inside. Brandon suited up immediately. It was dangerous, but he'd done this hundreds of times.

He and two others entered the building. They found three children huddling and passed out in a smoke filled room. Passing the two smaller ones to his teammates and sending them out Brandon grabbed the third larger child and came out last.

They had seconds, but as the first two men came out, several explosions rocketed the building. The chief screamed. His men were in there. They needed to get out. They firemen fought and stood aghast as the building collapsed in onto itself.

Brandon and his comrades were not seen. It was chaos. The chief rushed forward. The dust and smoke cleared and one of the men yelled out they had them.

All three men and the three kids managed by some miracle to get out. The paramedics took over and the chief had to call Brian. Brian felt a chill. Then his phone rang. It was Brandon's boss. He answered and found out where his brother had been taken. He took off. As he drove, he called Rory. Trying not to panic, he told her that Brandon had been injured and was taken to the hospital. Rory called Camirra and went to get her as they headed to the emergency room to see about Brandon. Camirra stayed calm.

When they arrived, Chief Morrison met them. Brian was with Brandon. Once again, he was extremely lucky. He managed to escape with minor burns. Brian called Rory and Camirra back. Brandon smiled when Camirra came in. She went straight to his side, and kissed him.

"Thank God you are OK." She whispered.

Brandon smiled, "I have a reason to fight even more know."

Rory held on to Brian and sighed; she had never seen her sister so happy.

The nurse came in and told then Brandon could go home only if someone would monitor him overnight. Brian told her they would. Brandon came out and the chief met him. He hugged him, just as he had hugged the other two guys. These young men and women were his kids. He did not want to lose any of them.

Camirra and Rory stood with Brandon as Brian drove his car to the front. He helped his brother inside, and Rory followed him to his house. The girls walked in and the couples just held each other close for a moment.

Breaking the silence, Brian had one request. "I know this might be unusual, but if you two don't mind, we want a double wedding.

Camirra and Rory shared a look. They smiled. Rory hugged her fiancé and kissed him. Brandon held Camirra close. Rory replied, "Whatever you want, my love, it's yours."

Camirra smiled, she knew her mom would flip when they told her.

The couples were tired. Brian took Rory to his room and Brandon and Camirra went to Brandon's room. Brandon wanted to sleep with Camirra in his arms. She was hesitant. He was still injured, not much but still. Brandon kissed her and told her he would be fine. She smiled and lay behind him. Instead of him wrapping his body around her, she surrounded him with her love.

Soon they slept. The next morning, Camirra and Rory were up early. Camirra was visiting the office she was being reassigned to lead, and Rory had to make some repairs to a robotic component that failed. Brandon was off duty for the day and Brian had to report in. Camirra spent the morning with Brandon. Being with him made her smile. Soon she had to go and he kissed her and told her to hurry back. After she left, Brandon started thinking. He had asked her to marry him so he needed to find them a house.

He'd start looking today. He wanted to set the date for their wedding soon. She was meant to be his wife. Brandon started researching available homes in the area. He didn't want something too big, but big enough for a family. He most definitely wanted kids, and he was sure she did too.

He knew of her history with Charles. She shared with him one night months ago. So he was determined to never treat her that way. She would always be free to say what she needed. Brandon smiled; Camirra Lace was everything he ever dreamed of. For a moment, he was sad. He wished his parents could have met her. Brandon pondered, and he for the first time in a long time, was truly happy.

*****

Camirra was shown around the office she would be working at. Then the PA took her to her office. Camirra entered and the biggest smile ever crossed her face. Sitting in her desk was the one woman that helped her when she had no one to turn too. "Mrs. Love, it's so wonderful to see you." Camirra stated as she rushed forward to hug her friend.

Mrs. Love returned her hug. "Camirra, you look amazing. I knew you were coming today and I wanted to surprise you. I'm glad you are taking this offer. This is the perfect opportunity for you." Then she noticed the rock on her finger. Mrs. Love raised an eyebrow.

"Engaged. I see?" she queried.

Camirra laughed, "Yes, his name is Brandon. He's a firefighter. He was hurt last night so he's off duty today. I'd love for you to meet him. How long are you here?" She asked.

Mrs. Love laughed, "All day, come on, I'm not driving take me to see this young man." Camirra laughed and called Brandon. She was coming to see him and wanted him to meet someone.

Soon, she was back at Brian's home. Brandon met her at the door. A lovely older lady was with her. Camirra introduced her, and Brandon learned she was instrumental in helping her escape her ex-husband. He thanked the woman. Her only request was that he treasure Camirra. "Already done." He answered.

"Now, love I'm helping pay for this wedding. I want you to have your mother call me." Then she hugged Camirra as Brandon called a cab for her. Mrs. Love visited for a few more minutes then she left.

Camirra kissed her lover. "We are here alone. Rory and Brian won't be back for hours and I need to examine your wounds." She teased.

Brandon laughed, "Well, Ms. Camirra, I'm all yours."

Camirra smiled and for the next few hours she examined every inch of his skin. Laying beside each other sated, a few hours later, Brandon asked if she wanted to help him search for a house.

Camirra smiled, "Yes that way I have a real reason to come back and stay a while."

The next few nights were sweet. Brandon took the rest of the week off. His team covered for him. He and Camirra asked to stay at Rory's when Brian refused to agree. Brandon was hurt, what if he needed to be helped and was too far away, so all four remained together in Brian's home.

On Camirra's last night before she returned home, Brandon mentioned that they were looking for a house. Brian froze. Camirra and Rory shared a look.

"Babe, have you and your brother always lived together?" Rory asked.

Brandon looked embarrassed and Brian dropped his head. Rory touched his face and said, "You're twins. It's OK. Camirra and I are close too. But Baby, they need their own space. Brandon is not abandoning you, just finding his own niche. We can help him look, OK." She kissed him and he nodded.

Camirra was stunned. It made sense the brothers did almost everything together. They had to learn to be separate.

Brian explained, "We were alone when we lost our parents. Relatives took us in, but we relied on each other. That's not something you can let go of so easily."

Rory nodded, as did Camirra. "So, then, when do you guys want to marry us? You know Momma is going to need a date."

"Actually, October. It's a few months away. The wedding can be simple. We don't have many relatives and our birthdays are in October." Brandon stated.

Camirra laughed, "Well our birthday is in the spring, maybe we want a spring wedding?" she teased and kissed her fiancé.

Rory laughed as Brian chimed in. "Let's get married on Halloween?"

"No, no way!" Camirra added looking horrified.

Brandon laughed, "You can pick the month that you like. I can't wait to begin my life with you."

So the group talked and decided their wedding would be in the July, several months away. That gave them more time to get things together.

Rory and Camirra smiled at each other. Brandon and Brian gave each other a nod. The four of them were just happy to be together.

Then the smiles ended as Camirra reminded them that she had to drive back home. Soon they all went to bed. The next morning, Camirra left and Brandon finished his week from work in his brother's guest room.

Knowing that July would arrive soon, Brandon looked at his assets to determine what type of home he could afford for his new bride. Brian was ready to help. It didn't take long. There was a house available on the same street. It was reduced for quick sale and needed lots of work. Brandon was ecstatic. All he had to do was let his teammates know and they'd be on it.

Brian went with him to the bank. The brothers had one thing they never told their future brides. Their parents left them several life insurance policies. The instructions were only the twins could access the money after they were twenty-five. At first, the bank manager was about to refuse them when Brian asked her to check the Franklin-Dean accounts. Her tune changed quickly when she realized she was talking to the sole proprietors of the biggest account their bank had ever handled.

Then they became Mr. Dean, do you need anything? Let me get this or that for you.

Within the hour, Brandon had purchased the house he wanted. The bank offered to loan them money for a contractor and other jobs, but the brothers refused. As they drove home, Brandon asked, "Do we need to tell them that we are well off?"

Brian nodded, "I don't think it matters. They love us for who we are." Then they drove into the yard of Brandon's new home. He called the chief to ask about helping with repairs. His entire team pitched in. Each guy took on a project, and before long the house would be ready. The guys worked and the house was livable, but Brandon had bigger thoughts. One weekend, Brandon was remodeling one of the bedrooms when Brian stopped by. He was impressed, and pitched in. The house was nice and he was happy his brother was so close to him. After the house was presentable, Brandon invited Brian and Rory to eat dinner with him in his new home. Rory was aware he had bought a house, but not that is was so close to them.