All Comments on 'Is It Still Worth Fighting For?'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 216 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Great Story

Slirpuff... this was a great story written with exceptional skill. Thank You

hansbwlhansbwlabout 14 years ago
Very good story.

A credible tale about a very common problem. The job should not take over your life as in this case. He fought with style.

AgenaAgenaabout 14 years ago
A Real World

A very nice story in a real world.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Where to start.

The first paragraph uses "to her and I". It should be "to her and me". Learn the difference between object and subject pronouns. Much of the story was about when they first met and had nothing to do with the subject of the story. It was wasted space. The story was in first person and suddenly we have Kenny and the wife having lunch and learn what Ken is thinking? That is just stupid. We can only know what the husband thinks since he is the one telling the story. He does not know what is said or silently thought when he is not there. No one does! You seem to have no idea whether to use "there, their, or they're" at any given time and just toss one of them into the sentence. Slir, you really do need an editor. It is probably too late to go back to school and actually pay attention.

BriteaseBriteaseabout 14 years ago
Nice story

Liked it a lot. Nice when it all ends so well. Every time I try to put a new author on my favourites list my computor crashes??? Otherwise you ould have been there some time ago.

mcwiiimcwiiiabout 14 years ago
Well done

This is more like real life. People have problems. Work and life interferes. But the partners do no go off and gangbang the black staff at the hospital, or even take a lover. They wake up, work on it it, and put life back on track.

How pleasant to not see spoiled brats acting out!

Bravo!

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 14 years ago
Nice story, just a few writing suggestions . . .

Agree with comment about needing an editor. My favorite blooper was, "and it wasn't me who imitated it, it was Kelly." Should be: "and it wasn't I who initiated it, it was Kelly." Still, this isn't Shakespeare and too much nit-picking ruins a story.

My real concern is the rapidity of the make-up sex; it just wasn't credible as described. Kelly shows no contrition, she's not apologetic, and she puts her job (and her male friend at work) ahead of her husband and family. There's no sex for months and lots of angry words.

Suddenly, she rips up the packet of divorce papers and hops into his arms, demands to sleep in the master bedroom again and they screw like rabbits, and no more problems? In real life, there would be counseling at the very least. In real life, she would have apologized, gotten down on her knees, and begged for another chance.

I'm sorry, but our "hero" still has a little bit of wimpiness about him. The author tries to portray him as hanging tough but consider . . . he lets this go on for months, maybe a year, with family falling apart, before he takes action? He moves her into another bedroom and that's it? I can't see any man (other than one who is pussy-whipped) behaving so reticently as Steve. I liked the happy ending, but I question the path to that ending and don't see it as believable, much as I, the reader, would like it to be. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Well

One good story is better than none, at least the queers and cucks haven't completly taken over. Thanks, I needed that.

woodmanonewoodmanoneabout 14 years ago
Good for you

I liked this story very much it is based on real life, by the way did you have a PI follow me and my wife to get the details? Situations like this happen more than people know but they don't always have a happy ending.

The story had a good flow, good character development, and was entertaining. For those of you that are more concerned with the technical aspects of a story, like anonymous Where to Start, I suggest you do your reading at a library. None of the errors were so bad that they detracted from the theme and events in the story.

At least Vulcan-in-Ohio had the courage to give his name in his critique. I can respect someone who give constructive criticism and their name so an author can discuss their suggestions and comments. Good show Vulcan.

As for me I enjoy your work and look forward to your next story, mistakes and all. Thanks for your hard work.

bruce22bruce22about 14 years ago
Good and Interesting Story

as usual... The only difficulty is how such an intelligent woman could make

such stupid mistakes.. The one of the supervisor working all the time is what most bugs me because she should have figured that one out long before Steve gave her the ABC of being a boss. In fact it is hard to understand how her boss continued her in the job. Perhaps she did not ever repass the problems up the ladder, which is not a good idea except with a dense boss.

<P>

The other problem is that she really stepped over the line by leaving him without any TLC or sex and being hands on with Kenny. At the minimum she should ask him to forgive her stupidity... Perhaps the fact that she does not realize how badly she behaved has something to do with it. The other problem that is very real and hit them both is exhaustion... You would be surprised how stupid you can get when you are emotionally and physically exhausted.

jasonnhjasonnhabout 14 years ago
Really good

This is a very realistic story about what it can take to make a marriage last in today's world. The are a lot of things competing for our time. It's easy to let a job take over your life. This was an unusual literotica story in that no one really cheated (sex). I agree that her time with Kenny was cheating of a kind. She was giving him her emotional commitment. But they never got to sex. Well written with strong emotional characters. Some might look at the husband as a bit of a wimp because of everything he does to support the marriage while she is giving him shit. But he doesn't just take her crap and keeps working to turn her around. He seemed strong to his principles in a difficult situation. And in the end he took it to the hospital administrator and gave her an ultimatum. Luckily she got her head out of her ass in time. I think she owed him a BIG apology which she really didn't give him, she just opened herself back up again. It would have been nice for her to recognize the lengths he went to to support her and fight for their marriage. She seems to have taken that for granted. He was a saint. She doesn't deserve him.

JustForPostingJustForPostingabout 14 years ago
Just didn't ring true

Nothing about this story added up to me. The way the couple meets, her inability to see what she was doing wrong, the instant reconciliation, all were just silly to me.

In addition, this is SP, the self-acknowledged semi-literate who just won't work with an editor. You confuse "your" and "you're" (and for God's sake, I just don't see why you can't tell them apart), "their" and "they're", "tome" for "time," and then there are the POV shifts and time shifts.

I keep reading, hoping you will improve, and I guess you have, a little, but in general you just write stories that are blocky, clunky, clumsy messes.

I know, the flamers are getting ready to go to work on the "English Professor," and I don't care. I just think a writer should take a little more pride in his work.

zed0zed0about 14 years ago
Good Read

A tad mundane but I enjoyed it. Woodman is right, the gramaticle errors in no way detracted from the story. And personaly? I seldom, if ever, read anything from annonymous.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Great story

Always love your writing. But this was one of the best in a long time. Great, can't say enough. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
To much ...

inconsistencies. The theme is not bad but the realization. You can do better ...

Nuc from Germany

Poizon69Poizon69about 14 years ago
Good to see a happy couple.

Sorting out thier problems. Nice story once again Slirpuff. I am not sure what JFP problem with the story is but I liked it, so waht if a few words were misspelt, to it was all about the story, and it was a good story of two people letting work get to them. Keep them coming slirpuff.

rainbow001rainbow001about 14 years ago
Nice

Very nice job...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Great story!

This story is excellent. It is realistic, emotionally charged, and has the perfect ending. Yes, Kelly's decision was the one that many people (probably more than 50%) would have chosen under comparable conditions. This story is one of your best Slirpuff. Keep on writing Loving Wives Stories. RAG

nyminusnyminusabout 14 years ago
Yessur Silrpuff.. Really liked it...except I would

have went and paid kenny in spades...but then not everyone is an ex Ranger like me. Enjoy your work..I see a story by you and my day is made..NYIMNUS

lancewmlancewmabout 14 years ago
The story was great. Really enjoyed it.

What I can't figure out is why you can't seem to get Point of View right. You have had a POV problem from the first story I read of yours. For a while, you seemed to ignore all the commenters who pointed out the problem. Then, you seemed to get better the past few months. The POV problem is back in this story, although not as bad as your first stories. The story is in first person. Great. Then all of a sudden, with no double spacing or other demarcation, you drop first person Steve to third person (since Steve is not there), but amazingly you write it as though Steve is there telling the story.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What did Steve say when you told him about the trial separation," Kenny asked Kelly over lunch.

"He said he's got divorce papers being prepared. I don't want a damn divorce; I just want him to understand what I have to go through everyday."

"Kelly, he bluffing. He knows very well that you'd take him to the cleaners and get custody of the two kids. He'd be an idiot to push the issue," Kenny said pumping up Kelly.

"I'm not so sure, you didn't see how angry he was," she said a little teary eyed.

"Don't worry, it'll all blow over," Kenny told her hoping that it wouldn't. You see, he'd become attached to Kelly and was having some real feelings for her. It had started out as just a casual lunch and after a while Kelly had started to tell him her problems. When she teared up his shoulder was always there and when she broke down once, he was there to kiss her tears away, literally. They'd kissed on more than one occasion. It was a thank you kiss but now he wanted more.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In this last paragraph, you are now in the POV of Kenny, but writing it as though Steve is telling the story. But of course, Steve is not there and can't be telling the story, and can't be in Kenny's POV, unless he is a mind reader! I loved the story, but wish you would get POV straightened out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
wow, this is the first story ever

that can handle the real world and is still the best. hey you keep that up, you just prooved yourself , nobody has to write the most spectacular thing to write a good story!

SlirpuffSlirpuffabout 14 years agoAuthor
You're right

A lot of the comments are correct. When you write your store you overlook your own mistakes because you all ready know what you're saying and what is coming next. My editor has been busy for about two months and instead of just letting the stories just sit, I've had my bride reading them for me; so much for a rookie editor. Someone once wrote that the only good way to edit a story was to read it backwards. I think I may try it next time. So swallow hard, read it knowing it won't be perfect but at least know I am reading the comments and taking them to heart.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
IT was good; but it was off.

He was willing to sacrifice his marriage becuase...she cheated on him? She didn't. Because the hours she worked? Life sucks, so does work. Because she talked to another man? So did he...a P.I. in fact who took pictures of nothing and throwing in the "dancing with the hand on the ass"? Seriously, that was not likely to happen. To make matters worse, he was dictating to her what to do and he was prepared to ruin her career to do it...he talked about how he was prepared to show his love but he did it by threatening her and their marriage if she didn't do what he wanted? Sounds like an abusive husband to me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
a wonderful story

a wonderful story. just enough intrigue to make you wonder is she having an affair with steve. it might have been more interesting if she had a one time fling when her husband came down so hard on her, but it certainly is refreshing to read about a wife who stayed true and a husband who thought of a solution that didn't prolong the angony.

well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
TO anonymous Poster IT WAS GOOD IT WAS OFF

Listen fuck face.... The reason WHY he called a PI was that she DID

gave up on the daughters and her husband. The story was clear it was NOT just about the sex.

Asking one spouse to cut back from 70 hr a week to 55 hrs week and be home for dinner 2 or 3 times a week is NOT asking to give up a career. Not is it abusive .

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 14 years ago
Author does not "GET" conflict resolution in a story

The good news is that this is one of SLIPRUFF better stories. The bad news is that he doesn't understand how to develop a story. It's pretty obvious that this author does not have the first clue but he is a very good writer.

Where's the apology from the wife?

The problem here that prevents this from being a great story is that the wife has gone through some sort of SERIOUS crisis where she was slowly being pulled apart by another man and the work. The story of how this happens is VERY believable that IS well done. And the author is to be commended on that.

BUT we don't know how or WHY the wife got pulled away from her husband. We don't hear any apology.

The husband was simply asking that the wife make some small cutbacks and put a little bit of time and effort into the family and the marriage.

Yet the wife's entire action was " you are not the boss of me!". And that's the problem with this story. The wife never explains about how her mindset changed from "I love you and our kids and our lives together... to where she screamed " I know plenty of other men who want me".

The author has developed this crisis and then does nothing with it. The husband threatens her with divorce she comes back and says I don't want a divorce and then they FUCK . Nothing is explained.

The opening scene of how they met is very well done and quite believable and really draws you into the story. And the sex is pretty hot.

But it really doesn't relate to what happened later on in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
roller coaster

That was some story and wild ride you took us on. It was looking very dark for Steve and Kelly. Kenny thought he had won but I was glad to see the move that Steve made with the Hospital Administrator. It was a well written story and nice ending. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Very Good Work

Forget the naysayers, Slirpy, this has the ring of reality to it, and is certainly better than Hairy Virginia could ever do.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
You are improving all the time

btw, it is alright, not all right. (OK, sometimes I laugh a bit but you are trying and are a heck of a lot better than I am at original writing.)

I understand the problem of unintended work place romances. It is easy to jump from a quick bite with a friend to an emotional attachment. This is especially true because the parties have a built-in significant shared interest and are forced to spend a lot of their waking hours together.

That said, I felt you didn't explain how she fell into it very well. Kenny pops into the story very abruptly. Since the story's POV was the husband, I felt you should have put in earlier that he was having her followed.

Lastly, I felt you rushed the ending by having them jump into bed nearly immediately.

Overall, this was a fun story. You developed their relationship to the point where I did not want her to have an affair. You are improving as an author. I hope you and your bride can share in your writing to our benefit. -Ttom

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Good Story!

This kind of thing happens all of the time. She certainly had an emotional affair with Kenny. Giving the pictures to the Hospital administrator was a nice touch for the story. We're talking humiliation big time with that. That would have sealed the divorce in a lot of cases. But it was a nice way to slap some sense into her before she did the dirty with good ole Kenny. A little more background and discussion about the relationship between the wife and Kenny would have been interesting and might have added a bit to the story. The reconcilliation did happen pretty quickly at the end. It felt a little rushed. On the whole though, the story was pretty good. Your writing continues to improve. Also, as I said with one of your other stories, the concept here was good; a couple stopped communicating with each other and it nearly broke up their marriage. Keeping them together was a good thing in the end. Thanks for sharing! Ohio, USA

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Nice Change of Pace

Nice to see less anger and more resolution in this story compared to some of your other stories.

C_frommnC_frommnabout 14 years ago
Nice Story

Like the way the Husband took Control and let her Know her actions were saying more then Her words were.

sexmatesexmateabout 14 years ago
This was refreshing to say the least.

It was a 5 for sure.

Yes there were gramatical errors but it did not detract.

I have been where Steve and Kelly were at in this story, But no Kenny.

So it had a feeling of Deja-vue.

As far as Kelly goes There should have been a hell of a lot of I'm sorry's and why. I felt this was skipped over.

As far as steve what the hell took so long? I would be surprised in real life that this would be saveable due to the time the bullshit lasted.

But the ending was good and should have happened after the problems were addressed and answered.

To the cuck lovers move along. Find your sick fix elsewhere!

Thanks for writing!

Ducky7Ducky7about 14 years ago
Liked it and loved it.

Great story, plot is a little old but when the story is well written it works. THX

0649d0649dover 13 years ago
names

you use the same names too often.

Steve Moore

Beth

Kari

Sandy

Carol

Rick

etc. etc.

A quick find+replace in some stories with different names would be good ;) Otherwise you have some nice stories, and even if I dislike some of the plots you still win because we all talk about it!

MarvinSMarvinSover 13 years ago
Nice Story

I am glad that you didn't add the next chapter where the newness wears off again and she goes cheating. This ending is just right.

norcal62norcal62about 13 years ago
Swapping spit. (????) Gag me with a spoon.

What a crude, unromantic, offensive, repulsive phrase to use when describing two lovers kissing. It's a teenager's phrase and should be stricken from the language. It was used at least twice here, and was used in at least one of the author's other stories. Author is pretty good with erotic play descriptions. The phrase above kills any feeling of romance.

Some of the other descriptions and language are too crude for the context in which they're used.

Slirpuff develops some interesting story lines and characters, with twists that are unique, so, as others have said, presentation makes a difference to the reader.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
names verses POV

Now Billy you calm down there you hear.

I actually agree with 0604d Slirpuff does use the same names for the characters in his stories way too much. I find it more distracting and annoying than his changing from first person to third person and back. At least I know what he meant to say and can work it out.

I have read so many of his stories that I can remember characters doing this and that and then its like whoops that was another story go back and reread this one again to clarify something I am now unsure of.

WM

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
Way too much criticism in recent comments

Why isn't anyone praising Slirpuff for a story where a husband doesn't just stop communicating and lets his life/wife slip away? In this story the husband does everything he could reasonably be expected to do to bring about communication and healing. Yea!!

Also, I can't believe that someone found the POV problems less annoying than the name repetition. These aren't shared universe stories. Each one stands on its own. I couldn't care less that names repeat in some stories.

Also, I know, having read some 2011 stories that the author has addressed many of the issues brought up regarding earlier stories.

Way to go Slirpuff!!

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
Very nice - I rated it 5*****

I have to hand it to him. I was ready for him to say "To hell with the bitch and divorce her." However, to his credit, he kept trying and, in the most pleasant way possible, made her an offer she couldn't refuse." She made the right choice which was the right choice for them both.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
All Hail Slirpuff !

For he is the absolute king of writing those final countdown ' Come to Jesus' scenes where the aggrieved husband spells out in no uncertain terms that the wife needs get 'head & ass ' wired together OR ELSE! The tension ratchets up rapidly and is akin to two gunfighters facing off at dawn in deserted streets .

He also writes a spicy sex scene when apropriate and is not afraid to introduce the the concept of how exactly and easily distractions of work, kids, friends(?)& lack of hours in this modern tech infested day and age can erode the initial bonfire if attraction. You have a real sense that if he hasn't lived thru something akin to what's being written then he knows someone who has. I don't always care for his endings but nearly always love the journey. TY Slirpuff for this and numerous other 'real reads'.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 12 years ago
he went 15 rounds

and he won. does not always happen but sometines it does.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 12 years ago
Slirpuff this was a great story

this is one of the few where the husband did the right thing, he laid out what he expected and went with it. She was close and was tempted but he gave her a choice and had the paper work in hand.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 12 years ago
I came back to read this a second time

because I think it's the kind of story that makes us guys believe that women have the capability of sacrificing a little bit of themselves to make their relationships work. If a man commits to much to his job, he CAN see the error of his ways and recommit to his family. I've never met a woman in a similar situation who didn't tell her spouse to just live with it and not to hold her back. I'm guessing it's in that sense that husbands/boyfriends enjoy this story; it's like the fairy tale that just feels good but could never happen.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
What a nice story...

... 4 stars. It had a real ring of truth to it. Well done.

OldHidekiOldHidekiabout 12 years ago
Husband steps up!

Even though Kenny was getting close, I don't think he had a chance. I believe that Kelly was her own worst enemy, and her husband showed her the error in her ways. It is hard to be a good manager if you empathise too much with your workers under you. Thank you, for a wonderful story.

chytownchytownabout 12 years ago
WOW!!!!

What a great story. Thanks for sharing I like your writing.

bali306bali306about 12 years ago
a true solution

a great story with very true idea and moral

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 12 years ago
Reads Well Second Time Around

I read this story after SP posted it and came back tonight to re-read it. Well written and realistic story. I liked the ending - the wife finally did get it.

OldStormyOldStormyabout 12 years ago
Retribution

I have just read this story again. While I really do like it, I verified my only allocating it 4 stars some time back. I still feel that the missing bit was Kenny getting a very good physical kick in the balls for his attempt at manipulating his dick into Kelly's pants. As it is he walks away, chalks it up as a miss, and starts another game on another married woman whose hubby might not be as strong as Steve.

playingforyou70playingforyou70almost 12 years ago
While I agree that..

.. although the part about the retribution for Kenny could have been longer, I realize he was just a minor detail and not a major factor since the marriage was deteriorating aside from her liaisons with him.

The ending was much better on this story than a few others, but am aware that they shouldn't all be carbon copies. It's interesting how each story gives you a slightly different ending -- almost how you expect a movie to be that has alternate endings.

This was a really good read!

TalonsreachTalonsreachalmost 12 years ago
Refreshing

It's great to see the husband take a proactive course and not wait until after the wife consummates the betrayal with a "friend". Slirpuf takes the husband down a road that salvages the marriage, cuts off the would be "friend with benefits", and helps the wife recognize that she is on the road to both professional and personal ruin.

Great Job! I hope to see many more stories from this gifted writer.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
Excellent

A loving married couple goes thru a rough patch and emerges a loving married couple. Nice.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
turncoat

tickling a tiny wiener, he lubed his abused backhole, betrayed!

BetterEndingBetterEndingalmost 12 years ago
Great Story

It seems it was worth fighting for. This was a good change of pace from most LW stories. The husband was actually pro-active. Hopefully she realized how much of a friend Kenny really was in the end. It might have been nice to see a bit more about him and a downfall, perhaps something like his job going to shit and him moving on.

Thanks for the great read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Boring

WAY too slow and boring..............

MrVdogMrVdogover 11 years ago
She took a big risk...

suddenly trimming her bush without his asking for it or maybe warning him - that little trick would have certainly backfired with me!

BDEarthBDEarthover 11 years ago
Short and Sweet

A happy ending for a change where vows are not broken and neither is the marriage. I really liked it!

pumpop201pumpop201over 11 years ago
Thanks.

I love a happy ending. Thanks.

KenL511KenL511over 11 years ago
Exodus has a similar story.....

Moses' wife went home to daddy because he was ignoring her. Daddy showed up to have a hard talking to with son in law. When he got there, Moses was organizing a whole new society and was not delegating things at all.

This story reads the same.

pjagdmpjagdmover 11 years ago
Great story

Thanks for the happy ending. there is too much carp and misery on this site. what a relief to find a good story.

carvohicarvohiabout 11 years ago
Super!

This is more than likely what actually happens in many marriages; the fool Kenny got caught before he lit the match.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
One of the best

Thanks, I needed this one. Well written, good story and concise. 5+

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 11 years ago
Good control

Good lesson. Hubby quit letting Sweetie dedicate herself to the job over the family. He provided alternative choices for her real problems that dealt with the problem without buying into her 'family-unfriendly' solutions. He knew how to nip the 'co-worker buddy' problem in the bud without direct confrontation. He avoided over-kill and insult, but kept his sights, not on winning any particular situation, but on his ultimate goal, a Sweetie who WANTED to return to having her family back together.

Too many of these stories and the LW category will wither away! (Yeah, that's going to happen!) 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Good story...

but should have gone after Kenny with a baseball bat.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 11 years ago
5* read

A good story as it is true to life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good one

No bullshit. Just like real life. And the answer to their problem was when the husband forced her to communicate! Amazing what talking to each other can do for a marriage.

phil2213phil2213over 10 years ago
Rough patches and real life conflict.

Love is always worth fighting for til there is no hope. That's a tough call for us all, the judging that is. When do you know it's over? That is different for all of us since we all have our own levels. Our determination needs focus and energy and devoted resources. Never regret what you do for love is my personal motto. I have to live with myself and my mate if I'm lucky enough to have one. Life is what you make so try hard and be true especially to yourself and those who depend upon you. This story was magnificent and very well written.

dylan954dylan954over 10 years ago
She didn't fight

Nice story and have to remember that is all it is a story. Pity the wife in the story didn't fight as hard as the husband to save the marriage. Given her commitment a sequel would show the marriage breaking down anyway. You need both to want it to work!

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
Every time

Every time I read this, I can just imagine the conversation the hospital administrator had with the two of them. Heck, I want to write it.

This is one of my favorite stories, not the least was that it didn't have to get to infidelity for the man to jump on things with both feet.

Yes, it was a Slirpuff special, where editing takes a back seat to story, but it is a tribute to the emotions evoked and the realism of the story that I always give him a buy for his errors, which is quite a compliment from this Grammar Nazi.

Having read the comments, yeah, she didn't give him the apology she really owed him. Sorry to say, that seems common these days in some women folk. The attitude seems to be that the possession of a working vagina is all she needs to be able to act atrociously and any man is lucky to have (restricted) access. However...again, Slirpuff writes REALISTIC women. She was mad too. She was offended by someone messing with her job (what man wouldn't?) AND his insinuation was particularly pernicious when it's a female worker and sex. Men, think 'sexual harassment' and 'sex offender' pernicious. Yeah. It is for that reason that Kenny headed for the tall timber.

Luckily, there are a lot smarter women out there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good tale

Not in the class of "Trying to Reclaim my Marriage" but good hard fighting for the relationship which there is not enough of. Wimps walk away.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Fucking Kenny

Okay, very civilized but if some scumbag was trying to get into my wifes pants and destroy my childrens home - there would be blood! Real of figurative - blood. Kenny has to suffer, he has no business messy with a mans family. Pain and suffering, whether it is broken bones, the end of his job, he has got to go.

looking4itlooking4itover 10 years ago

My opinion--probably one of the most true to life stories here. No sexual cheating, however, plenty of emotional cheating. No superhero, ex-mil type of training--just an average joe that did what he could in a real situation. An entity that did some preventative problem solving with fraternizing. Ideally Kenny would have been public ally castrated while locked in the stocks but, unfortunately, that is not how our society operates. If it did assholes like Kenny (and those that are worse) would seriously think twice before pursuing a married woman, but I'm sure we are probably better for not acting that way anymore. Although it's an intriguing thought...

Loved reading it again.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 10 years ago
Quite Good

Not violent or traumatic but a very realistic feeling story of almosts. Very Good. 5*

tae352001tae352001over 10 years ago
5 stars

That is what you do in a marriage... yes people come along and fuck it up. Remember that wedding day, the vows and your family... is more important than anything.. business and jobs come and go.. a marriage will last until death do you part.

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
Oh my God!

You should've killed Kenny! The BASTARD!

With apologies to South Park. lol

5 Stars, but Kenny really should have had his head bashed in.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 10 years ago
Steve Moore, without any retribution?...

... For my tastes, I'll take the Steve Moore incarnation from "Life After Death". Now, there's a man who knew how to deal with a "Loving" wife.

sugnasugnaabout 10 years ago
Okay with reconcillation

Even though what she was doing was still cheating in my book, He can forgive her up to a point. As wife and mother of his kids he was kind of locked in to the marriage. Although she violated the sanctity of the marriage by discussing it with Kenny, (as well as playing footsy with him), the fact that as far as we know she didn't fuck him is somewhat comforting. Kenny on the other hand is a snake that needs to be punished. There are many "legal" means to inflict pain and suffering on people. Kenny should have experienced some of those means.

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 10 years ago
As a nursing supervisor for many years, I can tell you she did what she had to do, jobwise.

Firm but kind was my motto, do it the correct way, without someone standing over you, watching to see if you do it right. Shape up or ship out.

Regarding the marriage, he did exactly the right thing. Good story.

TheNextGuyTheNextGuyabout 10 years ago

This is one of a small number of (almost) cheating wives stories with a positive ending I feel good about. Thanks for writing this and sharing it with us!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
not much else

Not much else to do there.

A marriage saved just in time.

Really not much can be done with Kenny, but he knows his job is at risk and improper behavior with female staff a second time he will be gone.

Likely not a great reference either even if not specifically fired for cause.

Violent revenge while briefly satisfying has become socially unacceptable, and the cost is seldom worth it.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 10 years ago
She was on a slippery slope...

Which Kenny was doing his best to grease for her. If her husband hadn't loved her as much as he did or was a major proponent of BTB he'd have let her continue on that slope without giving her a slap up alongside her head... if he'd have just waited she would have succumbed without even realizing (until too late) that it wasn't what she wanted.

Whereas she couldn't be a hard ass manager just because it was the intelligent thing to do she was able to do it when she realized she was fighting for her marriage by doing it...

Good read...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
strength

What an amazing story of a loving husband who refused to give up and not only saved the marriage but helped her develop professionally.

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasteralmost 10 years ago

Hey look! Cantbuymy is back! Did your other sock puppet account get banned too so now you have to go back to wasting everyone's time as an anon? Still desperately hoping that deyaken will pay attention to you so you can work out this pathetic little crush you have on him? Still a bitter, lonely, pathetic little shit who can't write coherently to save his life? Good to see you man.

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
with what the administrator said about other couples

you have to wonder how many times Kenny had been a good friend who would listen and provide a shoulder to lean on?

sdc92078sdc92078almost 10 years ago
She made the most common mistake new managers in all fields make

Still thinking of the people you just got promoted to manage as your buddies and coworkers and continuing to try to do your old job along with your new one when they don't perform. It's not gender specific, either.

kdcee79kdcee79over 9 years ago
Certainly one of your better tales

Well done, it just shows how well you can write when you really apply yourself, please keep up this standard for all your future stories. 4 ****

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Upper Management's Fault, Too

When a line employee is first promoted to a supervisory/management position, they should be given training on how to manage their employees.

Ideally, they should be assigned to a different group so that they aren't supervising their old co-workers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
what does being

a domino, domino, frigging catholic have to do with a damn fuck tale.

did u write in the mass of nothings sucking a cock.

Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
good story

harsh reality of life shows it's head. truth be told, usually promotion in business, there is an assumption, that you already know some of, or all of the responsibilities, but some training is still needed, which is minimal at best.

I'm glad they were able to get back together, but it did show what a soft heart she had to begin with.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Two lovers?

Although all's well that ends well, it's hard to believe that he went with her for over a year, and she wouldn't give it to him, but had given it to two others before. I can't say that I would have stayed with that knowledge. Just a little unbelievable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
ALMOST CHEATING?

Look, dancing with another man other than her husband (with the man's hand on her ass), holding his hand, kissing him and spending much time with him is CHEATING! How dumb can anyone be to say that they are ALMOST CHEATING? Get a grip!

I hope that since you have such a cavalier attitude about that kind of behavior being appropriate, I can only hope that YOUR wife will do ALL those things everyday so you can show how understanding you are! Dipshit!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Inappropriate behavior

Inappropriate behavior for a married wife (period) the dancing, kissing hand holding and his hand on her ass, yes, almost cheating and perhaps would have MAYBE, if the husband had not approached the HR dept. I however would throw a flag of support to Kelly but its hard. I would say that perhaps this was just friends, but the hand holding and kissing and dancing and finally the hand on the ass, did push over the top? What friends do that. Not in my book unless there is an angle, and that angle was sex on the mind from Kenny. If anything from this story is gained, its the true demand that protection of marriage is that.. protection, Steve under a protection law could have prosecuted Kenny, filed civil suits name anything legal against him for his actions and behavior. Lets not forget the protections laws for marriage would also apply to Kelly, her behavior could have consequences against her too. marriage should be taken seriously, even Kenny made the comment nobody caught.. in a divorce Kelly could clean Steve's clock financially and still take the kids. Kenny is right on that remark. That is why defense of marriage should protect all marriages from all dangers and harms and causes of divorce. If you want to cheat, divorce and get it over with. if you cheat during the divorce you will lost 70 percent and if its the wife like here, that does not mean she can get the kids or clean Steve's clock financially. Perhaps Kenny would also be thinking is it wise to fool with a married woman knowing her husband could have total control of his income future until the judgment is paid in full? I bet there would be no more lunches or dinners and definitely no kissing or ass touching

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Let me be perfectly honest

If there were pictures of MY wife kissing another man, dancing with his hand on her ass, there wouldn't be anything BUT a divorce. That is cheating. Period. It doesn't have to be a cock stuck in her cunt and spewing out its juice before its cheating.

Cut Kelly loose to be the whore she wants to be.

Pappy7Pappy7about 9 years ago
Whether they were work place friends

or not you do not do lunches, dinners and dancing or any activity remotely similar to that with someone other than your spouse. Steve didn't even know she was out with the guy, another no-no in a marriage. She not only cheated on her husband, she trashed the kids and her relationship with them. If she had to work so long and so much and on top of that still went out with her "friend" she was stealing time from her relationship with her kids. And then to give her husband attitude when he called her on her hours. I call bullshit on the fact that she loved him. She loved herself and was oh so very careful who she shared that wonderful person with. She transferred loyalty and devotion to the guy from work and I guarantee she will do it again, just takes time for hubby to get comfortable again.

Once a cheater, always a cheater. Hard to fight for something when you are the only one fighting and in a situation where the spouse is cheating, you are fighting them as well as the interloper. She became the "enemy within" that you hear so much about.

Great story, was a reconciliation story, but not stupidly so.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 9 years ago
not so sure

Would she get custody?

Consider that with her work schedule he had been the care-giving parent for about a year.

Would she be willing to give up running to the hospital at every phone call at all hours to stay home with the children?

The very thing she was refusing to do while in the marriage.

The court would be less likely to accept her hiring a nanny to raise them 24/7 than to give the children to their father.

Pappy7Pappy7about 9 years ago
Pretty sad

she was so disconnected that she just stood around while he cooked then cleaned everything up. She didn't even help him fix the "make up" bed. She has already left the family and especially him.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

thanks for the offering.

Seeker1107Seeker1107about 9 years ago
dont know if i commented on yhis before

If so then bear with me here. Kelly was wrong and I think we all agree on that. In rhe military this is Why they send soldiers off to OVAL before giving them their responsibilities. Saw many a using leutenant burn out his marriage and comision due to poor managment skills. It is something learned. Now Kelly fell into the trap that many good managers fall into. They fail to remember that they are supposed to lead not do the job for the person. It's alright to try to help them keep their jobs but at some point a kick to the ass is needed as well. There is a limit to how much she can do for them before you kick them out. It is a big thing to take bread off someone's table it's another to get taken advantage of.

Her husband was right to do what he did. Did she cheat, not in the strict sense but she was on a slippery slope and too damn close to it that she couldn't see the inevitable like everyone else could. This is all just IMHO the way to describe this.

Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
What happened to Kenny?

Just a minor point, but with this job that was taking 14 to 16 hours a day, when did she find time to go out for drinks and dancing with fucktard... I mean Kenny? If you can't do something in front of your husband (or mother), you shouldn't be doing it. Period.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous