All Comments on 'Truer Than Some? Ch. 01'

by petskunk

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 4 years ago

Confused about why nobody wanted to see him, but wanted to see the father. Surely mother and his siblings would want to see their eldest son/ brother. He never tried to contact them either, but dad went every year without him. Just all too strange to comprehend.

petskunkpetskunkover 4 years agoAuthor
UltimateHomeBody

Good questions, Homey. It was not that Mom did not want to see her son, she had been rebuffed by Dad's family for many years trying to see her son. They were her only point of contact. She felt that it was time to try once again due to the younger son's need to see his father. The sister was just ambivalent about the whole thing.

Dad had tried to see them regularly for a few years after they separated. But, his overwhelming need for booze left him financially unable to continue the visits. The visits probably stopped about six or seven years prior to this.

Dad's family was the only family the son knew. His mother had been held up as the bogeywoman all his life. That was the primary reason he had not sought her out. Please keep in mind that he felt she had abandoned him as a toddler, preferring his younger siblings over him.

I hope this helps. Thanks for reading my stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
WTF

You are an idiot.

what woman would want to see a useless drunk and not her son?

stupid and unrealistic.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpetskunk@petskunk
I write my stories for my enjoyment. Some are "memories" and some are complete fantasies. Being ego driven though, I like to read comments and see voting results. It always amazes me that I can have 50k views and only a couple hundred votes. Can't people take the time to t...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES