It Started in the Rain Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As we ate dinner out by the pool the phone rang. Normally when that happens I don't answer. The machine does and after the meal I listen and respond. Something told me to answer.

"Lee."

"Rina. Lee I didn't want to bother you but Siomara has had a heart attack. They took her to Cedars. I'm headed there now, stopping to pick up Jake on the way."

"We'll meet you at the hospital."

The phone clicked. Rina was on her way. I went back out and explained what the call had been about. Sio was a good friend and her husband Jake was also family. They were both in their early sixties. I was going to the hospital to be with Jake. Megan said she would go too. Pete asked what he should do.

"What does your heart tell you?"

"Go. Be supportive of Jake and Sio. I can't do anything and I don't know them, but I want to be there for them."

"Get dressed. You're going."

Pam and Kat stayed at the house. We went to the hospital and Megan sat next to Jake for a couple of hours. When we were allowed in to Sio's room I held one hand and Jake the other. Sio opened her eyes and smiled a little. She went back to sleep. Pete stood at the end of the bed and watched.

At midnight I took everyone except Sio out in the hall.

"Megan I want you to take Jake home and make sure he gets at least six hours good sleep. I think Pete and I will stay here with Sio. After breakfast in the morning bring him back. OK?"

Jake nodded and Megan led him off toward the car. Pete and I went back into Sio's room. I took one hand and Pete held the other.

At a little after one a nurse came in and softly said, "Visiting hours have been over for a long time."

"We are spiritual practitioners here to assist Siomara at her family's request. May we stay?"

"Yes. I didn't know."

She came in twice more during the night to administer meds through Sio's IV.

Pete sat quietly for a long time. When he spoke I realized he was speaking as much to himself as to me.

"I don't know this woman. I really don't know any of you. I got in the van on Friday and it was like getting in some science fiction machine. Things I didn't believe were possible have happened to me in one weekend. I've felt and feel emotions like nothing I've ever felt before. I know that there are people who love me. I feel that when Sio opens her eyes and sees me here she won't ask who I am, she will just love me. I love her. I love Jake too. I know Megan and Kat and Pam will take care of him and love him. He is swimming in the love of this family."

I didn't speak. He didn't look at me. Pete sat holding Sio's hand. Later, he spoke again.

"Lee, can we talk?"

I nodded.

"I'm in. Whatever this is I want it. What's next?"

"Nothing."

"I don't understand."

"You've been in since we met. To be accurate, you've been in all your life you just didn't know about it. You couldn't feel Love and Life the way you feel them now until you knew it was possible. All the kisses you ever saw were lips touching lips and sometimes included tongues. Pam and Kat and Bonny and Megan have each and all kissed your soul. Your experience of Life has opened the door to more Life, more Love. You want more? Then Live and Love."

"Oh."

"You sit here holding Sio's hand. Why?"

"I asked that question hours ago. I didn't have an answer. I decided I would sit here holding her hand until I knew why. Now I know why and I don't want to let go."

"Why are you holding her hand?"

"I am loving God by loving her. I am holding the hand of God."

"Do you know how that sounds?"

"Yes. I don't even go to church. I just don't have any other way to say what I feel."

"You could say "I am holding Life in my hand. I am in touch with Love."

He was quiet a long time. Sio didn't move. Her breathing was shallow and regular. The monitor showed numbers for her pulse rate and blood pressure. The machine softly beeped when a drop of her meds dropped into her IV tube. The light in the room slowly got brighter with the approach of dawn. I could see a clock on the wall behind Pete. Six o'clock.

Pete stood and leaned over Sio. He still held her hand. His lips touched hers. He stood back up and continued to watch her.

Sio's eyes opened and she smiled. She mouthed the words, "Thank you," and gripped both our hands a little tighter.

At seven-thirty a doctor came in and examined Sio. He explained to us everything he knew about her condition. The key information was that her heart was good and the damage was minor. She would stay in the hospital two or three days and then go home, if there would be someone there to care for her besides Jake. We assured the doctor that she would have twenty-four hour a day care. He spoke to the nurse and made notes. He ordered breakfast for Sio.

Jake and Megan were back by a little after nine. They heard the news and we watched them celebrate. By ten, other family was there to be with Jake and Sio. We went down to my van and went home. Pete and I had been up all night so Megan drove us home and Pete headed off to bed. He hadn't spoken between the hospital and home.

After his door closed Megan asked, "Well?"

"Pete and I talked last night. Pete sat with Sio and held her hand for seven hours. He discovered the Love within him and he shared it with Sio. He kissed her and she opened her eyes. Pete is healed in ways he hasn't even imagined."

"So, what's next?"

"I'm going to call Corine and ask if he can spend a few more days here. You OK with that?"

"I'll make the call, you sleep."

I was ushered off to bed. When I woke up it was getting dark. I felt and heard someone in bed with me. I reached out and found warm, soft skin that I didn't immediately identify. When I touched her she rolled over to face me and kissed me. I recognized the kiss! Corine was in bed with me!

"I came to see how we were doing. I was unprepared for what I found. When I walked in Pete was in the pool, swimming laps. Megan was sitting on a chair at one end of the pool and every time Pete finished a lap he lifted out of the water and kissed her pussy. After each kiss Megan announced the lap count and said, 'Thank you.' He was on lap 164 when I quit watching."

"Not bad for a guy who sat up all night with a sick friend."

"Pam told me. She went into his room after he had five hours of sleep and crawled into bed with him. When he woke up his first words were, 'Thank you."

"I'd like him to stay a couple more days, if that's OK with you."

"Sure! Can I stay too?"

"If the Captain at the base can do without three of the best nurses in the Navy, then sure."